PDA

View Full Version : One Token always disapears

dellanx
May 31st, 2020, 18:56
One "png" token disappears from the combat tracker, it is always the same NPC. Shyrg.

I deleted the NPC fro the combat tracker, re-applied token.

Logged out, and logged back in.

Stumped, Thanks.

LordEntrails
May 31st, 2020, 22:17
Use jpg images?

dellanx
May 31st, 2020, 22:20
Use jpg images?

PNG image

Kelrugem
May 31st, 2020, 23:35
One "png" token disappears from the combat tracker, it is always the same NPC. Shyrg.

Stumped, Thanks.

What size has the token? (the image size) and how do you apply it? For example, I sometimes give NPCs portraits of characters (due to them being encrypted) by opening a dummy character, assigning the wanted token and then drag&dropping that token to my NPC. Such tokens vanish then (when I remember it correctly) because that is not "normal" assignment :) Do you do maybe something similar? Therefore be precise in the steps about how you assign the token :)

dellanx
May 31st, 2020, 23:50
What size has the token? (the image size) and how do you apply it? For example, I sometimes give NPCs portraits of characters (due to them being encrypted) by opening a dummy character, assigning the wanted token and then drag&dropping that token to my NPC. Such tokens vanish then (when I remember it correctly) because that is not "normal" assignment :) Do you do maybe something similar? Therefore be precise in the steps about how you assign the token :)

15 kb and it is 122 pix x 129 pix, I drag and drop token.

Kelrugem
June 1st, 2020, 00:08
15 kb and it is 122 pix x 129 pix, I drag and drop token.

Hm, looks good; I have then honestly no idea what is going on, sadly

dellanx
June 1st, 2020, 00:21
Hm, looks good; I have then honestly no idea what is going on, sadly

ok, thanks. I had a crash last game, and I did not back up, so I copied some files while FG was not on to make a backup, one of the problems with new data. I usually make a backup before I play, forgot yesterday. I will most likely re-import that NPC in a separate module and upload it to that instance.

Kelrugem
June 1st, 2020, 00:48
ok, thanks. I had a crash last game, and I did not back up, so I copied some files while FG was not on to make a backup, one of the problems with new data. I usually make a backup before I play, forgot yesterday. I will most likely re-import that NPC in a separate module and upload it to that instance.

Ah oki :) Yeah, make sure that you do not run out of RAM, maybe that caused the crash and the lost portrait or something like this :)

dellanx
June 1st, 2020, 01:43
Ah oki :) Yeah, make sure that you do not run out of RAM, maybe that caused the crash and the lost portrait or something like this :)

About 52% memory.

dellanx
June 1st, 2020, 02:54
About 52% memory.

Will export this NPC as a PC, because she is with the group, should fix this problem I hope. I made a new NPC in a blank PFRPG adventure, exported and opened module. Same thing happened. Thanks for the help.

Kelrugem
June 1st, 2020, 03:01
Will export this NPC as a PC, because she is with the group, should fix this problem I hope. I made a new NPC in a blank PFRPG adventure, exported and opened module. Same thing happened. Thanks for the help.

that is very strange :) Hope it will work out, when that image is open source then I could try it, too :)

Trenloe
June 1st, 2020, 09:12

Stumped, Thanks.
A couple of things:
- the screenshot showing the token has the NPC unidentified and showing a name without square brackets.
- the screenshot that doesn’t have the token shows the NPC identified and with square brackets in the name.

Try removing the square brackets from the name and the re-apply the token.

If this doesn’t work, rename the token filename - make sure there are no double spaces or non-standard characters in the filename. Even if there aren’t, make sure you rename the token filename to something different and try again.

dellanx
June 2nd, 2020, 01:14
A couple of things:
- the screenshot showing the token has the NPC unidentified and showing a name without square brackets.
- the screenshot that doesn’t have the token shows the NPC identified and with square brackets in the name.

Try removing the square brackets from the name and the re-apply the token.

If this doesn’t work, rename the token filename - make sure there are no double spaces or non-standard characters in the filename. Even if there aren’t, make sure you rename the token filename to something different and try again.

Renaming the filename did the trick! Thank you Trenloe!