PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars d20 Ruleset

Kasamui
April 9th, 2007, 16:31
I guess lot of peple wanted to put their hands on this.

So did I. And since it was nowhere to be found, I've created it myself. It still lacks some features thought, and probably has a lot of bugs ( monster and npc data fields are still DnD-based ).

It doesn't include any Star Wars d20 reference. It has some pictures from the rulebook - I've decided that they are important for the Star Wars atmosphere, so I'm not going to remove them. ( Yeah, I'm just too lazy :P ). I'm also not going to remove Star Wars logos. There's Force and everything on the character sheet, there's no point in pretending this isn't based on SWd20.

This ruleset won't allow you to play without the rulebook, but if it's still is a violation against copyright law, tell me.

Anyway, here's the temporary link:
(Removed for now)

(Goddamn, four days of work o.O
And I had to learn how to edit .xml files - never done it before.
And the new edition of SW RPG is coming out at 22 may. O.o)

Comments would be nice. Inform me about any bugs and things that should be improved.

Honduras
April 15th, 2007, 11:51
it looks really cool. Maybe my SW gaming group will use this ruleset from now on. Thank you for sharing. And for free.

Thore_Ironrock
April 15th, 2007, 14:38
You must take out the logos and the images, and all references on the character sheet to game mechanics specific to the the Star Wars game. If you do not WOTC will bring the hammer down on FG and SW for this. WOTC is in the process of putting out their own online VGT software, and I'm sure they would like nothing more than to thump the competition with something like this.

Violating copyright is one thing, doing it againt WOTC and LA is like putting a loaded gun in your mouth. I do think this is a *very* well done ruleset, but you cannot use what I mentioned above. If you're not sure about what you can or cannot do ... then just ask someone like myself who is in the industry.

Please guys ... use your brains a bit here please. Maybe this steps or even crosses a thin line out there, but is it worth possible legal action and ammunition WOTC might use against this community? You created a great "Space Wars" ruleset here, so just put it out there w/o the copyright stuff and let people make the changes they want to it.

Kasamui
April 15th, 2007, 17:55
Ok, thanks for the info.

It'll take me some time to remove everything mentioned above from it, and I don't promise anything.

Thore_Ironrock
April 15th, 2007, 18:08
Ok, thanks for the info.

It'll take me some time to remove everything mentioned above from it, and I don't promise anything.

Thanks Kasamui. You did a very nice ruleset here. If you'd like to create rulesets "on the side" please drop me a line.

Christopher Altman
July 1st, 2009, 01:09
I noticed that a while back you were working on a d20 SW ruleset for FG. Do you still have that? How can I obtain it? Can you send me a link?

Thanks!

PTT
July 16th, 2009, 11:50
I noticed that a while back you were working on a d20 SW ruleset for FG. Do you still have that? How can I obtain it? Can you send me a link?

Thanks!

+1. I would also appreciate it.

Jennik
August 5th, 2009, 17:46
My friends and I would also be insterested in that too. Just like many others.

Doswelk
August 6th, 2009, 00:46
My friends and I would also be insterested in that too. Just like many others.

The Star Wars Saga Edition is over on the Wiki I believe....

Chainsaw23
September 16th, 2009, 00:23
The link on the wiki seems to be down. I'd appreciate any help getting a hold of the ruleset for SAGA as well.