PDA

View Full Version : M&M Test version discussion

Moon Wizard
May 29th, 2020, 20:11
We have had a few reports of people that are unhappy with the improvements and changes to the M&M ruleset in the Test channel that we want to address long-term. That said, we are not looking at trying to enhance the ruleset any further at this point (i.e. no feature requests), just address issues that people are having specific to functionality in old version that is no longer available in the new version. Superteddy57 has done a lot of work to bring the ruleset up to the similar level of functionality as other rulesets in our catalog, so the plan is to move in a forward direction.

So, if you have specific items that worked in the old version of the ruleset that are not working in the new version of the ruleset, then please provide details of exactly the functionality that you are missing. Exact steps to recreate the issue will help me understand the issue (since I don't know M&M system); so Supperteddy57 and I can discuss ways to provide any missing functionality without sacrificing new updates.

Regards,
JPG

Valcorin
May 30th, 2020, 23:15
We are testing this out now. I'll keep screenshots and notes to be able to explain what (if any) problems we encounter. First off, I do like the new look - feels sharp and updated. Looking forward to testing out my character's powers.

Valcorin
June 1st, 2020, 17:51

I've detailed the main issue with screenshots and explanations in the attached PDF. Let me know if you have any issues opening it.

superteddy57
June 1st, 2020, 21:44
I was able to open the PDF and will look through it's contents. Thank you for providing the information.

BrianFlint
June 2nd, 2020, 17:39
Valcorin beat me to it, with his PDF, but I'm sending mine along as well, even if there's some redundancy – I wanted to emphasize a few of the things that he touched on.

I do like much of what you're doing with the rule set – the look is very nice, drag-and-drop seems improved, and the library is very well done! But all of that is less important, at least for me, than the loss of critical combat functionality. I hope this PDF makes my concerns clear.

Thanks for your work, and for looking at our concerns!

BrianFlint
June 3rd, 2020, 05:32
I think this one covers my last major issue...

superteddy57
June 3rd, 2020, 21:15
Since many of the examples provided were what worked in the original code, I scrapped my combat engine and used the original code. The only changes I made were updating the syntax of some functions to it's modern counter part. I committed a new update for review with these changes and would ask to give them a try and report in the bug thread any issues.

BrianFlint
June 8th, 2020, 08:32
The Archetype files, with tokens...

superteddy57
June 8th, 2020, 08:47
Thank you!

BrianFlint
June 8th, 2020, 19:01
Here's the new Battlesuit from the Classic Test server. Please let me know if it's OK ASAP.

DeviousHeart
June 11th, 2020, 13:28
Did I miss something crucial or is the new way M&M works prohibit GM tinkering of a power more?
Is it still drag over the attack, see if it hits, then drag over the effect?

superteddy57
June 12th, 2020, 04:57
I appreciate the response, but can you elaborate on what is prohibiting power tinkering? I might be able to clear up any misunderstanding.

DeviousHeart
June 12th, 2020, 05:13
I may be badly misreading the .pdf in the thread, which is the likeliest case but...

"On to the new system. The crucial missing functionality is that the Effect DC is no longer available
and so no longer configurable for the PCs or the GM. Basically, there should be another line below
Attack Details labeled Effect Details (or Resistance Details if you prefer) that allows the player to
configure that. I do like that the new system automatically applies the Effect/Resistance if the hit
succeeds but it’s a rule breaking change (and loss of functionality from the ‘old’ FG) to take away the
ability to set the Effect DC stats."

superteddy57
June 12th, 2020, 05:17
I would direct you to check out the Test version sticky (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56825-Mutants-and-Masterminds-3E-Upgraded-to-be-layered-on-CoreRPG) at the top of this forum where I have added in that functionality and a bit more as well. That holds the most up to date information for the Test version that will eventually go live.

BrianFlint
June 16th, 2020, 00:22
Didn't see that a new version was up until yesterday... I was wondering! Seven-and-a-half hour marathon M&M session with my group yesterday, so only now getting around to testing out the new combined Powers/Combat tab.

I'll upload a PDF either this evening or tomorrow, but one thing I noticed right off is that none of the combat stats seem to be working – neither the Ranks or Modifiers in the Attack roll are calculated (it's just a straight d20 roll), nor the Attributes (like STR or DODGE) or Modifiers in the Effect roll. It also seems to be doing only Toughness resistance checks.

This (major) issue and some cosmetic glitches I know will get fixed, I think the new setup works well – nice job!

superteddy57
June 16th, 2020, 06:54
Updated test thread with update information.

DeviousHeart
June 16th, 2020, 13:10
I am sorry, could you give a link for the official thread.

BrianFlint
June 16th, 2020, 13:12
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56825-Mutants-and-Masterminds-3E-Upgraded-to-be-layered-on-CoreRPG

DeviousHeart
June 16th, 2020, 13:15
Thank you, VERY MUCH, sir.

I appreciate all you do at the same time being so busy in trying to get this new update in.