PDA

View Full Version : D&D v3.5 Abberant High Roleplay Campaign Seeking Players

Engar
April 8th, 2007, 02:57
Looking at Wednesday or Thursday night starting between 7-8pm CST, ending before midnight (aiming for 11pm) and running weekly.

The world and storyling are custom using standard v3.5 rules.

Details are at www.abberant.com which works only with recent versions of IE (I have been told the forums are not so finicky www.abberant.com/phpBB), but presently just seeking feedback about date/time scheduling and player interest.

pirate1
April 8th, 2007, 03:46
I am interested in joining your game if you have room. Send me a PM and let me know what I need to do next.

:pirate:

Engar
April 8th, 2007, 03:55
Pirate1, thanks for the reply. Once we have sufficient interest for a preferred day/time I will start calling for characters. If you want a heads up on character generation or campaign background it is available at the abberant website and forums.

Berova
April 8th, 2007, 13:18
I'm still here, and rearing to go Engar. Either day is basically fine for me, but if I had to choose, I'd prefer Wednesday.

Not sure if my question is more appropriate here or on abberant site, but is religion handle in the world of abberant? (I'm asking because, i'm leaning heavily towards either a human or elven Paladin).

Engar
April 8th, 2007, 19:35
Pirate1 just asked me a similar question (and a few more) and I am posting a public reply on the abberant forums to keep it all in one place. I also set up a topic for campaign Q&A. (www.abberant.com/phpBB)

aberto2k
April 8th, 2007, 23:37
Hey there,

I'd be interested as well - if there's room. Either day is fine - I'm EST so there shouldn't be a time problem.

Regards,

AB

Lupus Astrum
April 9th, 2007, 08:11
I would be immensely happy to join you on a Thursday game (Wednesday would also work well for me, but Thursday is best).

I showed a lot of interest already in your Friday campaign, but Friday is just not a good day for me, I would be easily available every weekday though.

I have good knowledge of the rules, and I LOVE a good role-playing game.

I'm already signed up on your personal forum. Definitely count me in for this one.

(Could you maybe PM me an instant messenger screenname to iron out some fine details and such? (I think if interested players traded IM SNs we might be more easily connected and pass up what happened to your game last weekend with mixed communication and all.))

Rathalius
April 9th, 2007, 17:55
Id like to join your game as well, either Wednesday or Thursday will be fine as my schedule doesnt change

Lupus Astrum
April 9th, 2007, 22:18
I have a couple RL friends who may possibly also be interested; should we be making a push now for characters to be made up and posted by the prospective players?

------------------------------

Everyone who is serious about it, please show so by posting something similar to what I have at the forums (https://abberant.com/phpBB/). (https://abberant.com/phpBB/)

It takes a pro-active DM AND players to have a good game. ^_^ Let's get serious about this if we're gonna do it.

Engar
April 10th, 2007, 02:16
Sounds good. Consider this open call for characters from all players who have yet to submit them. For anyone new to the thread, we still have openings available.

I still have not solidified the day (Wed vs. Thur), last check I think it was 50/50 on preferrences and no one said they definitely could not make it to one or the other. Lupus, if your friends prefer one day or the other let me know (or ask them to post) as it may break the tie.

The roster as it stands right now...
Pirate1... character undetermined (no day pref)
Berova... human paladin (Wed, okay with either)
Aberto2k... considering cleric or sorcerer (no day pref)
Lupus Astrum... human swashbuckler (Thur, okay with either)
Rathalius... character undetermined (no day pref)

Oh, the only IM I have running is Windows Messenger (it can be linked to with my email: [email protected]). I haven't used it for years but I am keeping it up and running to communicate when I am at the computer (I am always on, just not always here so please excuse any lack of reply or my forgetting to mark myself as "away").

Engar
April 10th, 2007, 06:23
We had a swing vote for Thursdays. So standard game time will be Thursdays beginning at 7pm CST and coming to a close about 11pm CST.

Berova, I know Wednesday was preferred and I hope your schedule is still flexible. Once we get up and running I am open to alternating days if it allows easier play.

I have two solid characters (Lupus and Berova), and three potential others. I am open to an intro session either April 12th or 19th if we have four solid player/characters and everyone is available. We still have room for more players to allow for missed games here and there. Seven or Eight is probably a good number so that we always have five or six at a session.

deguello
April 10th, 2007, 18:04
I could definitly do a Tursday night game.

I am very familiar with Online Tabletops and RPGing online but not familiar with Fantasy grounds, (Though I do have a registered copy)so some patience would be appreciated there.

I think I would be happiest playing some support role.. Be that rogue or bard ..

Russell

Berova
April 10th, 2007, 18:13
My schedule is flexible enough where Thursdays shouldn't be a problem.

I'm up with the 12th so we can get this ball rolling. And just so we don't get our wires crossed again, that's 7pm CST, or 5pm PST correct?

Lupus Astrum
April 10th, 2007, 20:01
Get a short character description/bio up on the campaign's personal forum for the game if you guys are gonna be playin'. https://abberant.com/phpBB/ links directly to the forum.

If you haven't been and seen - here, for an example, is my character. It doesn't have to be something so fleshed-out like mine, but at least get a brief description of the type of roles you wish to fill.

Yuka Hagihara

Race: Human
Class: Swashbuckler

Appearance: A youthful-looking girl with an athletic, but petite build. Her bright, green eyes contrast against her straight, black hair.

Height: 5'4"
Weight: 103
Alignment: N-N

STR: 14
DEX: 16
CON:10
INT:14
WIS:10
CHA:14

HP: 10
AC: 17 (+3 DEX, +4 Chain Shirt)
Attack: Spiked Chain +4 Attack (+3 DEX (Weapon Finesse), +1 BAB)
Damage: Spiked Chain 2d4+3 (1.5 STR Bonus (Two-Handed Weapon))

She fights with an exotic weapon - the spiked chain. She has taken feats in the proficiency for her exotic weapon, and for combat reflexes, allowing her to threaten a complete 10 ft. circle around her with a possible 4 attacks of opportunity per round. A decent CHA and a Swashbuckler's class skills gives her good access and use of various social skills.

--------------------------

Yuka Hagihara was 12 years old when she first "visited" Gelderan. It's not your typical "visit" however to be washed ashore unconsciously clutching the smashed wood of a downed sea vessel. She awoke; scared and alone, with nothing to call her own but a ripped chunk of timber and a broken chain torn off of the ship. Hearing the howls of wild beasts in the forests around her, she succumbed to her natural wits and survival instincts: ripping the rest of the damaged chain off of the wreckage and fastening it into a crude weapon. For three weeks she successfully defended herself from hungry animals and culled a meager diet from the forests.

When she finally happened upon civilization, she broke down from the feral defender she had become back into a frightened, lost, little girl. Her attractive, exotic looks and pleasant, witty attitude found her quickly adopted and cared for in this strange, new place.

She continued to practice with the chain she recovered from the small ship wreckage through the years, always hoping her family would come to find her... always hoping her family somehow survived...

To others, her story became that she was a survivor of a small merchant ship which crashed off the coast of Gelderan in a horrible storm. It was her secret to keep, however, that the wreck which carried her to safety was not that of a merchant ship - but a pirate ship.

--------------------------

Let's see some more characters posted up!

deguello
April 10th, 2007, 22:02
i posted my character on the site. Feel free to amend that in anyway you see fit....

Engar
April 10th, 2007, 22:45
Berova, yes 7pm CST/CDT (central standard time/central daylight time) is 5pm PST/PDT (pacific standard time/pacific daylight time). GMT tends to throw me off with daylight savings so I just double checked it and am regurgitating that info here (skip a paragraph if you do not share my time zone and specifically greenwich mean time disability).

CST is a general term for central time regardless of the current state of daylight savings. CDT is a reference to central time specifically during daylight savings. CDT = GMT-5, CST = GMT-5 during daylight savings and GMT-6 outside daylight savings. We are presently under daylight savings time in the USA until November (goofy exceptions for areas not subscribing to daylight savings aside) so CST (which may presently also be referred to as CDT) = GMT-5. Clear as mud?

How 'bout this... game time is 5pm PST, 6pm MST, 7pm CST, 8pm EST, or 12am GMT (until November). I think I am longwinded sometimes (almost always).

Here is our updated roster:
Pirate1 - undetermined
Berova - paladin (complete character)
Aberto2k - druid (pending character)
Lupus Astrum - Swashbuckler (complete character)
Rathalius - cleric (pending character)
Deguello - rogue (complete character)

We still have room for a couple more players.

So we have three players ready with characters and three players with characters still pending. All feedback has been to push for an intro session this Thursday (04/12/2007). We need one more character completed before I confirm, but it looks very likely. Tonight I am updating the website with a little more detail (local map, well-known organizations, possibly a story or two to set the mood or offer a hook or two if I have time). If you have time, check it out some time tomorrow (please don't wait up for it, it could be 2am CDT before I get it done...

...I am now avoiding the temptation to reiterate all my new time zone info...

...crisis avoided. Hope to see everyone Thursday if we have at least four!

Berova
April 10th, 2007, 23:52
Not to throw oil onto a freakin' flame, but that's just 12am my time by my, or rather, your calculations! :D I'll be looking forward to readin' more about campaign details.

Also, I sent some background stuff to you're e-mail for you to chew over that I'd be interested on your take and suggestions.

Just to be fair to others, I'll post a glimpse of my PC sometime tonight.

Lupus Astrum
April 11th, 2007, 04:27
Good, good - I can't wait to see some more fleshed-out characters, hehe.

Looks like everyone is coming up with interesting backstories as well.

Engar
April 11th, 2007, 07:17
This is working great. I have two more backgrounds and complete pc's that I know of right now and a couple people waiting for me to get back to them. We are good to go for Thursday.

I also fixed my botch in the GMT time on my timezone post...lol, did I mention my timezone comprehension handicap? I am very glad everyone else has at least been able to compensate for me by just figuring off my own time.

Site update might get delayed until tomorrow afternoon unless I do not get called into work tomorrow, most is done, just need to post it all and have to get to bed since I may now get an early morning call in. Nothing that will hinder Thursday or change it though. Feel free to give feedback on my training post at the site too, I simplified a way to complicated version used in an older game. While back I did not use training at all, but I think it adds too many roleplaying options. Let me know what you think.

Engar
April 12th, 2007, 06:08
Okay! We have some excellent fleshed out characters to play!

The roster of complete characters (unless otherwise noted)...

Pirate1... sorcerer
Berova... paladin
Aberto2k... druid
Lupus Astrum... swashbuckler
Rathalius... cleric (no character yet)
Deguello... rogue

Lupus Astrum
April 13th, 2007, 01:37
Game's on - go to the forums for the FG and Vent info.

Engar
April 14th, 2007, 22:37
We had our intro session on 04/12/07. Good showing and great characters. We do still have room for a couple more players if they wish to join the campaign already in progress.

Engar
April 17th, 2007, 01:40
We have a great group of players/characters who completed the intro session. We could still use a couple more players before it becomes too involved. Mainly to fill out all ranks and allow scheduled games to take place in the event of absences. The group is well rounded and not in dire need of any class. Regular sessions take place 7pm to 11pm CST on Thursdays.

Lupus Astrum
April 19th, 2007, 22:01
Hope to see all ya guys tonight. Game is on at the regular time of 7 P.M. CST.

Berova
April 19th, 2007, 22:45
I'll be there!

Engar
April 20th, 2007, 22:28
Abberant still has room for 2-3 players/characters who wish to join early in the campaign. I wish to fill our ranks to avoid interruptions when one or two players are unable to attend a session or in the event we lose anyone.

We maintain an excellent group of four or five new adventurers who I expect may become regulars (if I may be so bold). We have two others with characters fleshed out who I expect may be drop-ins, discovered scheduling issues, or simply vanished before the intro.

Phoenix903
April 26th, 2007, 21:33
Are you still looking for more players? I can't join in today, But from next week on I'm good, are there any preferences towards a newcomers class?

Lupus Astrum
April 27th, 2007, 00:20
Are you still looking for more players? I can't join in today, But from next week on I'm good, are there any preferences towards a newcomers class?
No problem at all - we'd love ta have ya. Base class necessities are fulfullied - feel free to be whatever you want. Be sure to take a look at the forums to get an idea of what we already got, what we're doin', and some guidelines for creation/etc.

We're actually on a break for this week (April 26th) as our DM is moving to a new home, so no worries about not being able to make it today. Hope ta see ya next week!

Abberant Forums (https://www.abberant.com/phpBB/) - there's a link to the forums for ya.
(https://www.abberant.com/phpBB/)