PDA

View Full Version : Cyberpunk 2020 (MoreCore Extension)

jixerprime
May 29th, 2020, 02:58
6/28/2020 - Version v1.23 Update
- Fixes
- Minor errors reported on forums (by Nembrot)
- Changes
- Skill List render direction (by Nembrot)

6/24/2020 - Version v1.22 Update
Added Features
- NPC Window
- Added Wounds to NPC window that integrates with combat tracker (by Nembrot)
- Save changes based on wounds
- IMPORTANT: For existing NPCs, you will have retype their BODY stat so it can calculate the save / wound penalties correctly.
- Fixes
- Desktop
- Changed from background to decal so it can be turned on and off
- Misc FGU compatibility fixes

Nembrot created new Dark Theme (see below). MCCP2020 has been updated to work in with theme pack.

6/10/2020 - Version v1.20 Update
Added Features
- NPC Window
- Added INIT roll button (rolls, but doesn't tie to Combat tracker yet...)
- Added Init Mods field (to track total INIT mods for the NPC)
- Fixes
- Updated XML to work with FG Unity (Thanks to Nembrot!)

6/7/2020 - Version v1.19.1 Update
Theme Changes
- Fixed story and notes background color

6/4/2020 - Version v1.19 Update

Theme Changes
- Main Desktop changed
- Updated utility windows and buttons

Added Features
- Display Stat name of related skill used in chat box for reference

Changes
Character Sheet
- Init button now includes Combat Sense skill when rolling (Thanks Samzagas!)

NPC Sheet
- Skills with "&" and "/" characters now register as "clickable"

-- Original Post --

After speaking with superteddy57, I am going to take over the MCCP2020 extension. I'm still learning and haven't messed with the scripting much.

I've made the following minor tweaks to start with:

Character Sheet:
- Resize the skills pane when the window resizes
- Added a "Logs" tab to allow players to store notes

damned
May 29th, 2020, 10:47
Welcome jixerprime

Samzagas
May 29th, 2020, 17:09
If I may, there are a couple of details you could change, NPC's don't have an initiative button and the PC's initiative button does not consider the Solo's Combat Sense, which should be included.
I'm currently running a CP2020 campaign so I can help if you need to field test anything.

Pepor
May 31st, 2020, 14:46
Nice jixerprime!

Thanks!

jixerprime
June 1st, 2020, 03:43
I'll look at the initiative items brought up. I have been using the combat tracker to roll for everyone at once. I haven't messed around with too much scripting yet though.

I'm in the process of updating the theme too. I have a few more elements to go before it looks consistent enough to post though.

jixerprime
June 5th, 2020, 04:03
Version v1.19 Update (See 1st post in thread for download)

Theme Changes
- Main Desktop changed
- Updated utility windows and buttons

Added Features
- Display Stat name of related skill used in chat box for reference

Changes
Character Sheet
- Init button now includes Combat Sense skill when rolling (Thanks Samzagas!)

NPC Sheet
- Skills with "&" and "/" characters now register as "clickable"

damned
June 5th, 2020, 07:54
Keep up the good work Jixer

Its best if you keep uploading the new version in the first post.

jixerprime
June 5th, 2020, 13:36
That makes sense. I'll move it to the top.

jixerprime
June 7th, 2020, 17:02
If I may, there are a couple of details you could change, NPC's don't have an initiative button and the PC's initiative button does not consider the Solo's Combat Sense, which should be included.
I'm currently running a CP2020 campaign so I can help if you need to field test anything.

Samzagas, the PC initiative button now considers the Combat Sense skill. I'll look into adding the NPC initiative button. Presently, I have been rolling on the combat tracker for all NPCs and I started allowing the PCs to roll initiative with the updated button after I roll for everyone. In our game, we just roll initiative at the beginning of combat, or whenever situation change occurs that warrants everyone to re-roll. I find it keeps the flow going a bit better for us.

Samzagas
June 7th, 2020, 23:22
Samzagas, the PC initiative button now considers the Combat Sense skill. I'll look into adding the NPC initiative button. Presently, I have been rolling on the combat tracker for all NPCs and I started allowing the PCs to roll initiative with the updated button after I roll for everyone. In our game, we just roll initiative at the beginning of combat, or whenever situation change occurs that warrants everyone to re-roll. I find it keeps the flow going a bit better for us.

I do appreciate the fact that you've taken my observations into consideration, specially since they are more about convenience and not critical errors. BTW, I'm loving the new theme.

Nembrot
June 11th, 2020, 00:47
I tried to run that in FG Unity and got several errors. Seems like FGU is enforcing more strict XML formatting.
Anyway, attached are fixed files, nothing major, but now it runs in FGU.

jixerprime
June 11th, 2020, 02:22
Thanks! I'll factor these changes in. I don't have FGU, didn't realize there were compatibility concerns. I'll see if I can make sure they are consistent, but won't be able to test yet.

Thanks again!

azurecobalt
June 24th, 2020, 17:37
Howdy, all! And thank you, jixerprime, for working on this project. I'm starting a campaign using this ruleset next week and I'm really excited to try it out!

Quick questions:

1) Is there a way to change the background image? The Cyberpunk 2020 logo is great, but there's also "ID" in a circle over it that really looks out of place - maybe from MoreCore?

2) Is there a way to add languages so that, for example, only characters that speak Japanese could understand a specific NPC?

Thanks again!

damned
June 25th, 2020, 00:27
Howdy, all! And thank you, jixerprime, for working on this project. I'm starting a campaign using this ruleset next week and I'm really excited to try it out!

Quick questions:

1) Is there a way to change the background image? The Cyberpunk 2020 logo is great, but there's also "ID" in a circle over it that really looks out of place - maybe from MoreCore?

2) Is there a way to add languages so that, for example, only characters that speak Japanese could understand a specific NPC?

Thanks again!

Turn off the decal in Options.
Language are also there.

Nembrot
June 25th, 2020, 00:35
Can you post a screenshot? the ID is from MoreCore but it shouldn't be visible.
You change the decal in Options > Desktop : Decal Image

azurecobalt
June 25th, 2020, 00:51
Changing the decal to off in the options worked! Thank you! :)

I see where I can add languages (yay!) but now how do I add languages in the character sheet so only those who can speak the added languages see when I type in that language option?

jixerprime
June 25th, 2020, 00:57
Changing the decal to off in the options worked! Thank you! :)

I see where I can add languages (yay!) but now how do I add languages in the character sheet so only those who can speak the added languages see when I type in that language option?

I've uploaded the latest changes that Nembrot and I have been working on at the top of the thread. Be sure to download the new theme that Nembrot has put together as well to get the total look and feel. It will allow you to turn off the 2020 background as a decal as well, plus looks really good.

I'll have to look at the language piece. I haven't used that before and not sure how it works just yet. Let us know what you think of the changes.

azurecobalt
June 25th, 2020, 01:16
Wow, talk about timely with the update! Awesome!

Is there a way to add a list of languages like in D&D that you manually type (like Japanese) and then when I click Japanese for the chat box and type in Japanese only those who typed Japanese into the language list would be able to read it? Does that make sense?

myogaman
June 26th, 2020, 10:30
Wow, talk about timely with the update! Awesome!

Is there a way to add a list of languages like in D&D that you manually type (like Japanese) and then when I click Japanese for the chat box and type in Japanese only those who typed Japanese into the language list would be able to read it? Does that make sense?

I am also really interested in this. I put in a bunch of languages but don't know how to connect them to a player and have them understand or talk in it.

azurecobalt
June 26th, 2020, 13:36
I'm also having a problem getting an inputted weapon to work. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. This is the error message I get:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"]:65: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'nStat' (a nil value)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (atk_label) in windowclass (weaponlist)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (atk) in windowclass (weaponlist)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (damage_roll) in windowclass (weaponlist)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (punch) in windowclass (weaponlist)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (kick) in windowclass (weaponlist)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (disarm) in windowclass (weaponlist)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (sweep) in windowclass (weaponlist)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (block) in windowclass (weaponlist)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (dodge) in windowclass (weaponlist)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (grapple) in windowclass (weaponlist)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (throw) in windowclass (weaponlist)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (hold) in windowclass (weaponlist)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (choke) in windowclass (weaponlist)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (escape) in windowclass (weaponlist)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (ram) in windowclass (weaponlist)

And this is how I inputted it:

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

ETA: I'm using Fantasy Grounds Classic.

myogaman
June 26th, 2020, 17:17
I'm also having a problem getting an inputted weapon to work. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. This is the error message I get:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"]:65: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'nStat' (a nil value)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (atk_label) in windowclass (weaponlist)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (atk) in windowclass (weaponlist)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (damage_roll) in windowclass (weaponlist)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (punch) in windowclass (weaponlist)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (kick) in windowclass (weaponlist)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (disarm) in windowclass (weaponlist)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (sweep) in windowclass (weaponlist)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (block) in windowclass (weaponlist)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (dodge) in windowclass (weaponlist)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (grapple) in windowclass (weaponlist)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (throw) in windowclass (weaponlist)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (hold) in windowclass (weaponlist)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (choke) in windowclass (weaponlist)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (escape) in windowclass (weaponlist)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (ram) in windowclass (weaponlist)

And this is how I inputted it:

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Yeah, me too. I can add it to inventory but not weapons.
I'm using FGU, yo.

azurecobalt
June 29th, 2020, 22:52
Yeah, me too. I can add it to inventory but not weapons.
I'm using FGU, yo.

Did you figure out how to fix it?

Nembrot
June 29th, 2020, 23:35
Did you figure out how to fix it?

Check the 1.23 version. I checked it on FGU and it wasn't throwing errors. But that may have been just for me, so please verify and let us know if it works properly.

azurecobalt
June 30th, 2020, 01:32
I tried 1.23 in FGC and now the main sheet is missing! This is what I see:

Also, I noticed there's a languages box in one of the other tabs, but I entered a language and tried to match it in the chat box and it didn't say that the character could understand it when I used that label. :(

...and putting 1.22 back into the extensions folder didn't fix the characters. Do I need to remake them now?

jixerprime
June 30th, 2020, 01:57

Also, I noticed there's a languages box in one of the other tabs, but I entered a language and tried to match it in the chat box and it didn't say that the character could understand it when I used that label. :(

...and putting 1.22 back into the extensions folder didn't fix the characters. Do I need to remake them now?

I'm using FGC and am not seeing this. I don't even see a reference to MoreData tab in the extension code. Can you verify that you don't have any other Extensions enabled? Right now I've only used the "MoreCore - Cyberpunk 2020 - 1.23" with the "MoreCore - Cyberpunk 2020 - Theme Dark" at the same time.

In regards to the language box, it currently doesn't work with the chat window. I'll post an update when we get it sorted out.

Nembrot
June 30th, 2020, 02:02

The attached screenshot is from MoreCore + Cyberpunk Theme Dark extension, it's not using Cyberpunk extension at all.
Are you using that for Cyberpunk or for other system?

azurecobalt
June 30th, 2020, 02:06
The attached screenshot is from MoreCore + Cyberpunk Theme Dark extension, it's not using Cyberpunk extension at all.
Are you using that for Cyberpunk or for other system?

Sorry, still new to FG! I forgot to reload the extension when I launched the campaign.

Okay, the character sheet is fine now (no languages section after all). The weapon still doesn't work, however. I get the same error.

Verenti
June 30th, 2020, 16:42
Just to save me some time, do I have to manually create a module with the core items or has someone done that already publically?

Nembrot
June 30th, 2020, 16:53
Just to save me some time, do I have to manually create a module with the core items or has someone done that already publically?

I think copyright lines blur on this one. I'll try to clear it with Talsorian.

Verenti
June 30th, 2020, 16:55
I think copyright lines blur on this one. I'll try to clear it with Talsorian.

I mean, I would imagine it had copyright issues with public distribution. I just want to make sure someone else didn't do it already before I wasted an afternoon on data entry.

Verenti
June 30th, 2020, 17:05
I mean, this is really cool. Kudos. Might it be expanded to handle the Interlock system more generally? I'm new to Fantasy Grounds, but I'd love to have Mekton and Cyberpunk in the same ruleset. I suppose I could learn how to create a character sheet for Mektons. How difficult do you imagine that would be? Are there other systems for Fantasy Grounds that handle vehicle stats without making them the only feature of the game?

azurecobalt
June 30th, 2020, 18:11
I picked up some Cyberpunk tokens. Is there a way to attach them to NPCs so the tokens will show up on a map (right now, if I call an NPC "Test", "I can only get an icon with the first letter of its name [in this case, "T"]).

damned
July 1st, 2020, 00:28
I picked up some Cyberpunk tokens. Is there a way to attach them to NPCs so the tokens will show up on a map (right now, if I call an NPC "Test", "I can only get an icon with the first letter of its name [in this case, "T"]).

Drag the token (from within FG) to the T location.

damned
July 1st, 2020, 00:29

If you create a module that contains no copyright info you can share it.

azurecobalt
July 1st, 2020, 00:41
Drag the token (from within FG) to the T location.

I swear to you I tried that last night and could not get it to work... but now it does. Thank you!

azurecobalt
July 1st, 2020, 00:42
I mean, I would imagine it had copyright issues with public distribution. I just want to make sure someone else didn't do it already before I wasted an afternoon on data entry.

If you end up doing this (with the copyrighted info removed), please share! Thank you!

myogaman
July 1st, 2020, 12:56
Just got a DM from R Talsorian.

As long as peeps still need the book, we are good.

myogaman
July 1st, 2020, 13:02
I’m currently making a module that automates character generation and contains the weapons. I’ll put in more items and leave the background mechanics to our main man OP.

As for deciding what requires the books and what doesn’t. I will be leaving out setting flavor text and rule explanations (unless its related to weapons or modding a stat or skill).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fDkmdxaRdaDYhLO94X5YVIYW0L-HAIH5/view?usp=drivesdk

If this does violate R Talsorian’s terms, I will remove it immediately. These guys are a godsend and deserve every penny for what they have done.

Readme is in Story until I figure out a better system. Melee and Old School weapons aren’t in yet.

EDIT: Requires the extension!!

azurecobalt
July 1st, 2020, 16:10
I’m currently making a module that automates character generation and contains the weapons. I’ll put in more items and leave the background mechanics to our main man OP.

As for deciding what requires the books and what doesn’t. I will be leaving out setting flavor text and rule explanations (unless its related to weapons or modding a stat or skill).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fDkmdxaRdaDYhLO94X5YVIYW0L-HAIH5/view?usp=drivesdk

If this does violate R Talsorian’s terms, I will remove it immediately. These guys are a godsend and deserve every penny for what they have done.

Readme is in Story until I figure out a better system. Melee and Old School weapons aren’t in yet.

This is fantastic! The only issues I found were in Ammo and Melee Weapons. I'm adding the melee weapons manually (not a big deal). I may add ammo and whatnot later, but this is great for now! I'll definitely still need the book to refer to rules to actually use them in play...

Thanks again!

azurecobalt
July 2nd, 2020, 14:49
Follow-up... we did character creation last night and my players couldn't access the items or the tables from the module. I was able to put items in a parcel and send them to them that way, but it was a bit of a pain. Is there any way to share the module with my players so they have access to the items and tables? Thanks again!

jixerprime
July 2nd, 2020, 16:24
Follow-up... we did character creation last night and my players couldn't access the items or the tables from the module. I was able to put items in a parcel and send them to them that way, but it was a bit of a pain. Is there any way to share the module with my players so they have access to the items and tables? Thanks again!

I've had to share the items in the list publicly for them to see. I haven't been able to do it in bulk though.

Nembrot
July 2nd, 2020, 16:52

Did you share those? right-click and share?

jixerprime
July 2nd, 2020, 16:56
Did you share those? right-click and share?

That's what I did to make those items public, yes.

azurecobalt
July 2nd, 2020, 17:25
That's what I did to make those items public, yes.

Okay, I didn't know about the sharing. Thank you! All the items and tables have been shared (not the scripting ones).

I don't suppose anyone has typed in the cyberware that they can share... ? :D

azurecobalt
July 2nd, 2020, 18:30
Also, is there a way to add the effect of Kereznikov Boosterware to a character? NPCs have a box to add initiative modifiers but I don't see a way to do it for PCs?...

jixerprime
July 2nd, 2020, 18:44
Also, is there a way to add the effect of Kereznikov Boosterware to a character? NPCs have a box to add initiative modifiers but I don't see a way to do it for PCs?...

There isn't at the moment. For now we have just adding the boost to REF stat or using a modifier on the die roll as needed.

azurecobalt
July 2nd, 2020, 18:46
Makes sense, thanks!

myogaman
July 3rd, 2020, 08:35
You can drag them to chat, to a specific character, or right-click and share it manually. It's the same with all the modules and stuff I've been using in 5e. Please correct me if I'm wrong, still learning.

azurecobalt
July 3rd, 2020, 11:23
Right click and sharing items worked, though they're all grouped together (instead of in separate sections like Light Handguns, Medium Handguns, etc.).

Also, I had to click the ID button for each one to change it from red to green.

Still, it saved me a lot of work, so thank you!

myogaman
July 3rd, 2020, 13:04
Right click and sharing items worked, though they're all grouped together (instead of in separate sections like Light Handguns, Medium Handguns, etc.).

Also, I had to click the ID button for each one to change it from red to green.

Still, it saved me a lot of work, so thank you!

No worries. I just started a serious game and am learning. We got each other's back ;D

Verenti
July 5th, 2020, 17:20

Re: Weapons, thinking about it, RTal doesn't own the copyright to things like the H&K (or colt or ... etc etc) name or models such as the MP5, so it should be fine, right? I mean, with only the names and yeah, not the flavour text. Worse case scenario, Arasaki becomes like Narasaki (A merger between the Nara and Nagasaki Corporations? :D) and Miltech becomes Militech (which honestly is a better name as it is more effective portmanteau of Military and Tech.)
I inputted all of the weapons and armour from the core book into my "module" (right now, it's not a module, but I was producing it as a module). I was planning on putting other items in there too, but the extension seems to be unhappy when I ask it to roll an attack roll.

myogaman
July 6th, 2020, 01:45
Re: Weapons, thinking about it, RTal doesn't own the copyright to things like the H&K (or colt or ... etc etc) name or models such as the MP5, so it should be fine, right? I mean, with only the names and yeah, not the flavour text. Worse case scenario, Arasaki becomes like Narasaki (A merger between the Nara and Nagasaki Corporations? :D) and Miltech becomes Militech (which honestly is a better name as it is more effective portmanteau of Military and Tech.)
I inputted all of the weapons and armour from the core book into my "module" (right now, it's not a module, but I was producing it as a module). I was planning on putting other items in there too, but the extension seems to be unhappy when I ask it to roll an attack roll.

Wanna make a github and collab a database?

damned
July 6th, 2020, 01:56
The bulk of content in any rulesystem is in itself unable to be protected - as you say a weapon name that is not unique to that system.
However the collection of information, he way its presented, descriptions, unique names and many other things are protected.

If you create a module containing the weapon names - including stats and excluding descriptions - even better in the description write: see Cyberpunk 2020 Players Guide p202 or see Cyberpunk 2020 Players Guide - Equipment or similar - that should be ok.

The module should make the mechanical components of the game play easier. It should not in any way detract from peoples need to own the actual rules (physical or electronic) to run/play the game.

If the author or publisher issues any requests to alter/remove info please honor that request quickly and politely.

This is not legal advice and the advice may change at any time...

Verenti
July 6th, 2020, 11:02
Wanna make a github and collab a database?

Sure. I have no idea how github works, but we can collaborate. We should probably set up some to to communicate as well.

The bulk of content in any rulesystem is in itself unable to be protected - as you say a weapon name that is not unique to that system.
However the collection of information, he way its presented, descriptions, unique names and many other things are protected.

If you create a module containing the weapon names - including stats and excluding descriptions - even better in the description write: see Cyberpunk 2020 Players Guide p202 or see Cyberpunk 2020 Players Guide - Equipment or similar - that should be ok.

The module should make the mechanical components of the game play easier. It should not in any way detract from peoples need to own the actual rules (physical or electronic) to run/play the game.

If the author or publisher issues any requests to alter/remove info please honor that request quickly and politely.

This is not legal advice and the advice may change at any time...

Absolutely. A good rule of thumb in any situation.

Worst-case scenario, it seems, the data just can't be shared beyond our project. Besides, I have no interest to transcribe that much information. Personally, I just have an interest in making the ruleset work in system enough that I don't need to get any players in a said game sitting there with a copy of the rules vis-a-vis inventory. Or as less as possible.

myogaman
July 6th, 2020, 13:56
https://github.com/nickandwolf/CP_CP3002.2

Well whoever wants to help out, please go ahead. I'll figure out more github as time goes on.

Things I need to figure out:
1) How to break up items/tables/etc into individual files
2) Integrate the Cyberpunk2020 character sheet (with drag and drop functions for Roles and stuff)

DISCLAIMER
As damned has pointed out, we need to ensure whatever is put in here does not render the book obsolete.
I am looking at past open source media that R. Talsorian has approved, such as the Data Fortress with Interlock Unlimited and the Cyberpunk Wiki, to determine what endangers R. Talsorian's copyright and intellectual property.

Some things to keep in mind:
1) We are NOT publishing a reference manual.
2) Items, to include weapons, armor, and cybertech are fine to put in. Along with their descriptions.
3) How to properly use items (like poison or drugs with the injector gun) also does not render the book useless.

To Render the book useless, it must contain detailed instructions on how to run the game outside of FGU. Automation of the rules and instructions on how to use items, skills, roles, and cybertech doesn't violate this. Descriptions of items, skills, roles, etc also does not render the book moot.

If we expose the setting, characters, and provide step-by-step details on how to roll the rules outside of FGU, that will be bad. I can't come up with many specific examples because I don't know how automating fully automatic gunfire will work in FGU right now. But we should try to reduce rule explanations as much as possible while allowing folks to roll dice without constant book reference. CP2020 is notorious for its involved combat and intricate dice rolls for character development. I want to ease that. I also want to ease purchasing items and installing cyberware. I believe we can do that without hurting R. Talsorian and give them a much needed boost and exposure for this community.

The more we automate, the less we run into legal problems.

I AM NOT A LAWYER, MY ABOVE OPINIONS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE.
If at any point R. Talsorian tells us to stop, we are going to STOP. We don't hurt the ones we love.

Sorry if this sounds all over, it's been a long day and I don't have the brain power to write something good/professional.

EDIT: I do not mean to start a he-said/she-said war with damned. I am using the Cyberpunk Wiki as justification for descriptions. I will yield to whatever authority, I have no hubris to sacrifice for this project if it means deletion.
EDIT EDIT: I have contacted R. Talsorian for guidance. Descriptions and Universe-specific item names do seem to be the greatest threat to their copyright.

myogaman
July 6th, 2020, 14:55

We good, fam

Verenti
July 6th, 2020, 23:21
I have no idea how to request membership on that project. Any clue?

azurecobalt
July 10th, 2020, 00:27
Ran my first game using the extension and it went great!

Quick question: is there any way to target an NPC on a battlemap and when damage is rolled, have the damage applied to the NPC sheet, or does that need to be done manually?

Thanks!

jixerprime
July 16th, 2020, 18:56
Ran my first game using the extension and it went great!

Quick question: is there any way to target an NPC on a battlemap and when damage is rolled, have the damage applied to the NPC sheet, or does that need to be done manually?

Thanks!

I've been applying it manually.

azurecobalt
July 16th, 2020, 21:23
Yeah, I can just do it manually. Thanks!

I guess my wish list right now is:
1) Initiative modifier box for PCs like in the NPC sheet
2) A way to use languages so only those PCs who speak a language see the output in the chat window
3) A way to enter "Expert" or other wildcard skills on the main tab

Thanks again!

Jackimus
July 22nd, 2020, 16:27
Heya guys, sorry, but I seem to be completely unable to find how to actually download these extensions? Can anyone explain this to me like I'm 5, please?

Samzagas
July 24th, 2020, 17:59
In order to download the extension you only need to go back to the first post in this thread and either left click on the files available there or you could right click -> save as; either way should work.
Then you need to save the .ext file to your Extensions folder for Fantasy Grounds and that should make it available to use, just remember to open Fantasy Grounds after you copy the files for the program to actually read them.

Valyar
July 25th, 2020, 10:20
Wow, this looks very cool. I like the style.

presence
July 26th, 2020, 22:24
Im a bit confused, did the project fork or a numbering reset at some point? I have both a v1.4 (Nov 2019) and a v1.7 (April 2020) version of this extension from before now.

JustinKD
July 27th, 2020, 04:13
First, theme looks awesome. Second, is there a cyberpunk game for beginners that I could join. I have been wanting to learn a little in a beginners game.

LordEntrails
July 27th, 2020, 23:39
Heya guys, sorry, but I seem to be completely unable to find how to actually download these extensions? Can anyone explain this to me like I'm 5, please?
If you don't see the attachment in the first post, then you need to either go to the 'Full site" (sometimes browsers get directed into an Archive site) or change the theme in the bottom left corner to FGResponsive.

Let us know if you are still stuck.

azurecobalt
August 3rd, 2020, 23:51
Is there a way to put tokens larger than one square in size? I'd like to put a vehicle on a map that can move, so ideally something 2x4 or 2x6 or whatever. (This might be a general Fantasy Grounds question and not one specifically for this extension, I don't know...)

damned
August 4th, 2020, 01:56
tokens will always occupy a square amount of space - 1x1, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4 etc.
set the Size of the NPC to increase the token on the map.

Jackimus
August 10th, 2020, 11:02
Heya folks, it seems like my downloading of the extension has come up with a bunch of WARNINGS, and part of that has made my options on the right super small. Image attached. Is this normal?

Valyar
August 10th, 2020, 16:12
Heya folks, it seems like my downloading of the extension has come up with a bunch of WARNINGS, and part of that has made my options on the right super small. Image attached. Is this normal?

Seems both MoreCore and potentially the extension needs to be updated for FGU. Works good in FGC.

myogaman
August 11th, 2020, 11:15
I was wrong. Please ignore this post.

Nylanfs
August 11th, 2020, 14:44
Nope, not going to ignore. :)

Guplor
August 29th, 2020, 14:58
Hi, I'm using FGU and I've managed to load up the Morecore ruleset and apply the MCCP2020v1.23.ext to my extensions folder and the .mod files to my modules folder like CP_CP3002-2.mod and the section 5 & 6 ones; as well as the CP2020_-_Items, Roles & Skills .mods -and I am getting it to load ...sort of... I can see and input info into the character sheet but the skills don't interact with the stats -say I input 8 into REF and then make a Handgun roll, it doesn't do the d10 + 8 roll -just the d10 by itself.
And there doesn't appear to be any actual content programmed into in the Items, Roles, Skills, or Equipment listings either.

Here is the console log:
[8/29/2020 11:42:45 PM] FGU: v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-08-26)
[8/29/2020 11:42:45 PM] OS: Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bit
[8/29/2020 11:42:45 PM] GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti : 8080
[8/29/2020 11:42:45 PM] USER: Guplor
[8/29/2020 11:42:45 PM] Launcher scene starting.
[8/29/2020 11:43:06 PM] Starting cloud server mode. [Guplor]
[8/29/2020 11:43:09 PM] Game server started. [2406:da1c:a2e:f9ff:40c5:b2c:de8b:f729:55670]
[8/29/2020 11:43:09 PM] Launcher scene exiting.
[8/29/2020 11:43:09 PM] Tabletop scene starting.
[8/29/2020 11:43:09 PM] NETWORK STATUS: [Server] [Connected]
[Server Type - CLOUD - PRIVATE]
[8/29/2020 11:43:10 PM] Match successfully created on lobby.
[8/29/2020 11:43:16 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Unable to locate ruleset file. [MoreCore] [common\template_lists.xml]
[8/29/2020 11:43:17 PM] MEASURE: RULESETS LOAD - 7.8614733 - MoreCore
[8/29/2020 11:43:18 PM] [WARNING] Could not load script file (MoreCore) (CharMain) (campaign/scripts/char_main.lua)
[8/29/2020 11:43:18 PM] MEASURE: EXTENSIONS LOAD - 0.2241434 - 1
[8/29/2020 11:43:18 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LIST BUILD - 0.2139376 - 14
[8/29/2020 11:43:18 PM] MEASURE: REFRESH IMAGE ASSETS - 0.0279259
[8/29/2020 11:43:18 PM] MEASURE: REFRESH PORTRAIT ASSETS - 0.0030178
[8/29/2020 11:43:18 PM] MEASURE: REFRESH TOKEN ASSETS - 0.0398936
[8/29/2020 11:43:18 PM] MEASURE: ASSET LIST BUILD - 0.0708373
[8/29/2020 11:43:19 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 1 - 9.0632825
[8/29/2020 11:43:19 PM] Loaded FreeType library version 2.10.2
[8/29/2020 11:43:19 PM] s'aMajor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #4, s'MoreCore' = #1 } | s' aMinor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #0, s'MoreCore' = #58 }
[8/29/2020 11:43:19 PM] s'onInit: registerResultHandler'
[8/29/2020 11:43:19 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0768275 - FG Battle Maps
[8/29/2020 11:43:20 PM] RULESET: MoreCore Ruleset (Version 1.59 2020630). This generic ruleset adds features and flexibility allowing you to play more game systems.
This ruleset coded by damned and ianmward. Additional thanks to superteddy57, celestian, Trenloe, mcortez, kelrugem, Moon Wizard and others for their assistance along the way. This incorporates dice rolling extensions from Ikael, DMFirmy, Frostbyte, Sibelius, Trenloe, Imiri, Myrddin, rstrahan, ahoggya, superteddy57, mcortez, David Stitt, thwright, trobadork, SmileyMan, rpotor, opilio, Brotherkelly, Old Scouser Roleplaying, damned and ianmward.
DicePool and much other goodness by ianmward.
Roll Parameters by mcortez.
Click link for User Guide
[8/29/2020 11:43:20 PM] RULESET: Help grow MoreCore. If you would like to support MoreCore you can do so in the following ways:
* Use MoreCore and spread the word about the systems you are playing
* Use MoreCore and upload and share Character sheets (and even campaigns) and instructions for the systems you are playing
* Creating new Rolls for MoreCore and allowing them to be included into MoreCore
* Creating new Theme Extensions for MoreCore and sharing them on the forums
* If you would like to make a donation to help feed my RPG habit you can donate at PayPal.me/fgdamned
[8/29/2020 11:43:20 PM] RULESET: Type /morecorehelp to access the MoreCore User Manual in game. Rolls should be added to the PC and NPC sheets and not used in Chat. (LINK)
[8/29/2020 11:43:20 PM] RULESET: Visit (LINK) for the best online RPG convention. Every year in April and October.
[8/29/2020 11:43:20 PM] RULESET: The Dice Pool is turned off by default in new MoreCore campaigns. It can be turned on in Options.
[8/29/2020 11:43:20 PM] RULESET: CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.11B for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2019 Smiteworks USA, LLC
[8/29/2020 11:43:20 PM] EXTENSION: MoreCore - Cyberpunk 2020\r\n Cyberpunk 2020 is Copyright R.Talsorian Games Inc.\r\nVisit (LINK)\r\nThis fan made extension created by Dominic Morta (superteddy57), Robert Everett (jixerprime) and Tomasz Wiśniewski (Nembrot)
[8/29/2020 11:43:20 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 1.0859979

Have I missed a file or two?

myogaman
September 1st, 2020, 00:26
Howdy! I’m one of the dudes who made the CP2020 modules. Issues w the character sheet would have to be handled by this thread’s developer.

However! Try putting 8 in both Ref slots. It calculates your roll based on the modified stat, not the base stat.

One of my players put 9/77.5 in his EMP (to account for humanity) and was rolling huge numbers until we sorted it out.

EDIT:
The content needs to be loaded via the library->module. You then click the skill/role/items tab on the right to see them.

Guplor
September 1st, 2020, 02:15
Cheers, but the modules do not appear in the library at all -I will reload them all, and see if that makes a difference.

update: I've reloaded the modules -aaannd they still do not appear in the library

Honken
September 2nd, 2020, 08:51
Cheers, but the modules do not appear in the library at all -I will reload them all, and see if that makes a difference.

update: I've reloaded the modules -aaannd they still do not appear in the library

Do you have MoreCore loaded too? Cyberpunk is applied over MoreCore.

/H

Guplor
September 2nd, 2020, 14:39
Oh yes -MoreCore is loaded.

But, I keep getting this in the log
[8/29/2020 11:43:16 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Unable to locate ruleset file. [MoreCore] [common\template_lists.xml]
[8/29/2020 11:43:18 PM] [WARNING] Could not load script file (MoreCore) (CharMain) (campaign/scripts/char_main.lua)

Mach5RR
September 24th, 2020, 06:10
Oh yes -MoreCore is loaded.

But, I keep getting this in the log

The first is a MoreCore problem. There is a typo in the extension.xml file, where they used a backslash instead of a slash. SHOULD read common/template_lists.xml
However, the only control in template_lists.xml is "categoryselectioncontrol" and nothing in MoreCore or Cyberpunk uses that control. So you can edit the file to fix it or just ignore the error as it breaks nothing.
The second is an MCCP2020v1.23 problem. The extension.xml in that file refers to a non-existent file. You can also either edit out reference or ignore it, since it too, doesn't break anything.

ShoNuff
October 1st, 2020, 07:13
I'm sorry I've searched through this thread but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make this work... I downloaded and unzipped the files, but where do they go? Is that all I have to do and then it will work? Is there something I need to buy? I feel like an idiot but I can't figure this out...

myogaman
October 1st, 2020, 11:13
Put it in the "C:\Users\UR_NAME\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantas y Grounds\extensions"

ShoNuff
October 2nd, 2020, 00:03
Thanks! I dropped the 'campaign' and 'strings' file into that location but I have a couple of questions because nothing seems different now that I've done that...

Is this FGU or FG? I have the full license for FGU but only the basic "guest' membership for FG.

Once I drop those folders in, which options do I select on startup to play cyberpunk?

wndrngdru
October 2nd, 2020, 04:14
Thanks! I dropped the 'campaign' and 'strings' file into that location but I have a couple of questions because nothing seems different now that I've done that...

Is this FGU or FG? I have the full license for FGU but only the basic "guest' membership for FG.

Once I drop those folders in, which options do I select on startup to play cyberpunk?

Don't unzip the file. Drop the entire MCCP2020v1.23.ext file and the cyberpunk-2020-theme-dark.ext file into your extensions folder.
This is an extension to the MoreCore Ruleset, so if you don't have that installed you need to get that here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset&p=299288&viewfull=1#post299288). Put that MoreCore.pak file in your rulesets folder.

Now, when you create a new game, choose MoreCore in the Game Systems window and make sure you enable the Cyberpunk extensions.

Sidao2020
November 15th, 2020, 13:55
Hi, im new here and dont know much about how this systems modules work, what file i need to download and where i put it to be able to play Cyberpunk?

mailpablojuega
December 1st, 2020, 04:09
I ask the same! i just got the FG. So i dont know where to put the files... on how to launch the campaning that you post here.

Samzagas
December 1st, 2020, 18:29
Here's a quick installation guide:

First you need to have MoreCore installed. For that you need to download the MoreCore.pak from here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset and then add it to your Fantasy Grounds rulesets folder. The folder is usually located at "C:\Users\<Your User>\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\rulesets".

Afterwards you need download MCCP2020v1.23.ext and, optionally cyberpunk-2020-theme-dark.ext and the add your file(s) to your Fantasy Grounds extensions folder. The folder is usually located at "C:\Users\<Your User>\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\extensions".

Finally, when you create your campaign, choose MoreCore from the rulesets list and make sure that your extension(s) is(are) checked in the options.

A couple of things to keep in mind:

The folder directions are for Windows, sadly I don't use other operating systems so I can't give any directions for Linux or Mac.
This extension was made for Fantasy Grounds Classic and as such, you might experience some few issued here and there in Fantasy Grounds Unity.

jackmep
December 15th, 2020, 19:10
Question. How can I make a skill look for a stat?
I tried doing the skill and assigning REF and ref to it but don't take the reflexes.

Samzagas
December 15th, 2020, 20:01
You need to the type the full name of the attribute, not "REF" but "Reflexes".
Here's a picture of a custom skill working: 42057
The only defect is that the skill total in the character sheet won't add the stat, but it is correctly added to the roll.

doomman117
December 16th, 2020, 10:07
I really love this mod so far. It's going to be perfect for my choomba christmas special.

But there are a few issues apparently. I run FGU and filled out a weapon slot entirely but when clicking the dice roller it gives me the following error:
[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"]:65: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'nStat' (a nil value)
followed by a whole host of:
[12/16/2020 3:55:41 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (atk_label) in windowclass (weaponlist)
[12/16/2020 3:55:41 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (atk) in windowclass (weaponlist)
[12/16/2020 3:55:41 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (damage_roll) in windowclass (weaponlist)
[12/16/2020 3:55:41 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (punch) in windowclass (weaponlist)
[12/16/2020 3:55:41 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (kick) in windowclass (weaponlist)
[12/16/2020 3:55:41 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (disarm) in windowclass (weaponlist)
[12/16/2020 3:55:41 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (sweep) in windowclass (weaponlist)
[12/16/2020 3:55:41 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (block) in windowclass (weaponlist)
[12/16/2020 3:55:41 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (dodge) in windowclass (weaponlist)
[12/16/2020 3:55:41 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (grapple) in windowclass (weaponlist)
[12/16/2020 3:55:41 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (throw) in windowclass (weaponlist)
[12/16/2020 3:55:41 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (hold) in windowclass (weaponlist)
[12/16/2020 3:55:41 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (choke) in windowclass (weaponlist)
[12/16/2020 3:55:41 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (escape) in windowclass (weaponlist)
[12/16/2020 3:55:41 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (ram) in windowclass (weaponlist)
[12/16/2020 3:55:41 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (atk_label) in windowclass (weaponlist)
[12/16/2020 3:55:41 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (atk) in windowclass (weaponlist)
[12/16/2020 3:55:41 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (damage_roll) in windowclass (weaponlist)
[12/16/2020 3:55:41 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (punch) in windowclass (weaponlist)
[12/16/2020 3:55:41 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (kick) in windowclass (weaponlist)
[12/16/2020 3:55:41 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (disarm) in windowclass (weaponlist)
[12/16/2020 3:55:41 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (sweep) in windowclass (weaponlist)
[12/16/2020 3:55:41 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (block) in windowclass (weaponlist)
[12/16/2020 3:55:41 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (dodge) in windowclass (weaponlist)
[12/16/2020 3:55:41 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (grapple) in windowclass (weaponlist)
[12/16/2020 3:55:41 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (throw) in windowclass (weaponlist)
[12/16/2020 3:55:41 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (hold) in windowclass (weaponlist)
[12/16/2020 3:55:41 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (choke) in windowclass (weaponlist)
[12/16/2020 3:55:41 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (escape) in windowclass (weaponlist)
[12/16/2020 3:55:41 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (ram) in windowclass (weaponlist)

The damage roll works fine though.
Question regarding this though: is the skill value in the weapon profile supposed to be the total roll number with all bonuses included or does it take any values automatically in and i only need to put the skill ranks plus bonuses? (smartgun link for example)

Another small issue i probably can fix on my own is the font size on the buttons to the left. They are barely readable. Maybe that too is an FGU issue.

doomman117
December 17th, 2020, 23:28
Nevermind. I found the issue. I actually had to write in the skill name. exact wording too.

mailpablojuega
January 22nd, 2021, 11:27
Hello sorry! I do not want to disturb! but ... why doesn't mine look like that? ...
Mine is a deep pink color, and the menu looks too small.
Attached how it looks ... and how I would like it to look or how it should look.

damned
January 22nd, 2021, 12:39
Your extensions loaded in a different order it seems.

mailpablojuega
January 23rd, 2021, 01:50
So what should I do?..

mailpablojuega
February 14th, 2021, 02:43
Your extensions loaded in a different order it seems.

I have not managed to make it work properly in any way. I tried repeatedly but failed.

AlterZwerg
February 25th, 2021, 08:19
Getting the same errors in FGU, in FGC everything is fine so far.
There hasnīt been an update to this extension for several months - so iīm not surprised it isnīt working as intended in FGU

Mach5RR
February 26th, 2021, 05:02
Ok, I've updated the two files to play "better" with the new FGU and MoreCore.

I'm in the process of rewriting a good chunk of the CP2020 extension. Especially to make combat rolls work like they should.

MCCP2020v1.24.ext (https://www.dropbox.com/s/xrpgnzeip3nxli0/MCCP2020v1.24.ext?dl=0)
Theme_Cyberpunk2020_Dark.ext (https://www.dropbox.com/s/55m7wqoa70jwkdn/Theme_Cyberpunk2020_Dark.ext?dl=0)

damned
February 26th, 2021, 06:19
Thats great Mach5RR

I was trying to juggle some things to see if I could take this on but I really dont have time - many thanks!

sinned
July 24th, 2021, 23:08
Just as a thing. I had, many years ago, developed an advanced character lifepath including: civilian lifepath, military lifepath and prison lifepath and and advanced, slightly whacky "cab chart" and added a few other random things back when I was playing this on paper. If anyone would like to check them out just email me: [email protected] I'm going to try and run a game of this and might try to make it work and might have to ask for help. We'll see. Thanks for all the effort so far.

t3xx3r
April 28th, 2022, 01:50
@jixerprime thank you for putting this up.

Recently, I'm having errors with the extension for Cyberpunk 2020. I am using MoreCore RPG's latest version. However, here's the errors that keep popping up:

[4/27/2022 7:49:04 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF font file. (MoreCore) (graphics/graphics_fonts_mc.xml) (graphics/fonts/Candara.ttf)
[4/27/2022 7:49:04 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF font file. (MoreCore) (graphics/graphics_fonts_mc.xml) (graphics/fonts/Candara.ttf)
[4/27/2022 7:49:04 PM] [WARNING] Could not load script file (MoreCore) (DesktopMC) (scripts/data_desktop_5E.lua)
[4/27/2022 7:49:06 PM] MEASURE: RULESETS LOAD - 18.7141071 - MoreCore
[4/27/2022 7:49:06 PM] [ERROR] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/buttons/CP2020.png) for icon (rulesetlogo). [cyberpunk-2020-theme-dark] [graphics/graphics_icons.xml]
[4/27/2022 7:49:06 PM] [ERROR] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/buttons/weaponsbutton.png) for icon (button_weapons). [cyberpunk-2020-theme-dark] [graphics/graphics_icons.xml]
[4/27/2022 7:49:07 PM] [ERROR] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/buttons/button_fullsheet.png) for icon (button_fullsheet). [cyberpunk-2020-theme-dark] [graphics/graphics_icons.xml]
[4/27/2022 7:49:07 PM] [ERROR] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/buttons/button_fullsheet_down.png) for icon (button_fullsheet_down). [cyberpunk-2020-theme-dark] [graphics/graphics_icons.xml]
[4/27/2022 7:49:07 PM] [ERROR] framedef: Could not find image file (graphics/frames/background.jpg) for frame (desktop). [cyberpunk-2020-theme-dark] [graphics/graphics_frames.xml]
[4/27/2022 7:49:07 PM] [ERROR] framedef: Could not find image file () for frame (shortcuts). [cyberpunk-2020-theme-dark] [graphics/graphics_frames.xml]
[4/27/2022 7:49:07 PM] [WARNING] Could not load script file (MoreCore) (CharManager) (campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua)
[4/27/2022 7:49:07 PM] [WARNING] Could not load script file (MoreCore) (CharMain) (campaign/scripts/char_main.lua)
[4/27/2022 7:49:07 PM] MEASURE: EXTENSIONS LOAD - 1.3623389 - 7
[4/27/2022 7:49:08 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LIST BUILD - 0.3216492 - 22
[4/27/2022 7:49:08 PM] MEASURE: REFRESH IMAGE ASSETS - 0.0648626
[4/27/2022 7:49:08 PM] MEASURE: REFRESH PORTRAIT ASSETS - 0.0079462
[4/27/2022 7:49:08 PM] MEASURE: REFRESH TOKEN ASSETS - 0.1546427
[4/27/2022 7:49:08 PM] MEASURE: ASSET LIST BUILD - 0.2294458
[4/27/2022 7:49:09 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 1 - 22.2084557
[4/27/2022 7:49:10 PM] s'aMajor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #5, s'MoreCore' = #1 } | s' aMinor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #0, s'MoreCore' = #0 }
[4/27/2022 7:49:10 PM] s'onInit: registerResultHandler'
[4/27/2022 7:49:10 PM] s'onInit: '
[4/27/2022 7:49:10 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/data_library_cp2020.lua"]:6: attempt to call field 'showDockTitleText' (a nil value)

Can you let me know what is the problem at this point? I know that certain image files, .ttf files, are missing.

t3xx3r
April 28th, 2022, 02:16
Ok, I've updated the two files to play "better" with the new FGU and MoreCore.

I'm in the process of rewriting a good chunk of the CP2020 extension. Especially to make combat rolls work like they should.

MCCP2020v1.24.ext (https://www.dropbox.com/s/kivxq7cfhwm9pm4/MCCP2020v1.24.ext?dl=0)
Theme_Cyberpunk2020_Dark.ext (https://www.dropbox.com/s/55m7wqoa70jwkdn/Theme_Cyberpunk2020_Dark.ext?dl=0)

Oh thank you! That one solved all the problems I had recently!

Mach5RR
April 28th, 2022, 03:05
Oh thank you! That one solved all the problems I had recently!

Yeah, I was about to ask what version of the files you were playing with. If you look at the errors, it actually tells you where the fault lies. Not finding the TTF files starts with (MoreCore), meaning that's where the fault lies (The MoreCore Ruleset). If you load your game without the CP2020 extension, you'll see those faults remain. The icon issues were all in the Cyberpunk Dark Theme, which is better looking (IMO) than the default CP2020, but not necessary to play. But I think I fixed those, as I'm not seeing your listed faults on my end.

Falarinx
January 25th, 2023, 19:26
Hi, I know this thread hasn't been active, but I wasn't sure where else to ask about the CP2020 extension on Fantasy Grounds Unity. I'm using the Demo version, but my friend has the full version, not sure if that matters.

I downloaded the v1.24 CP2020 extension, and the MoreCore Ruleset from the Forge. Which resolved some of the LUA script issues I had when initially trying the extension. But, I get script errors even after all of that.
[ERROR] Script Execution error: [string "MCCP2020v1.24:..pts/data_library_cp2020.lua"]:6: attempt to call field 'setStackIconSizeandSpacing' (a nil value) <= This error occurs on start up of a new campaign
[ERROR] Script Execution error: [string "C:char_skill:total"]:15: attempt to call field 'getActor' (a nil value) <= This error occurs when attempting to use a skill from a character sheet.

Now, I understand that these lua files are running scripts, and I can open them in something like Notepad++. And I can open this "data_library_cp2020.lua" file, and see that on line 6, we try to call the "DesktopManager.setStackIconSizeAndSpacing(47, 27, 3, 3, 4, 0)"
Is the error saying that the method "setStackIconSizeAndSpacing( . . .)" isn't found? Is it saying that the parameters being passed to it aren't found? Or, is it saying that the return value of this function/method is null/nil?

At the end of the day, I want to resolve the issues, so I can try and play CyberPunk 2020 using FGU. But, if along the way, I learn a thing or two, that'd be great.

superteddy57
January 25th, 2023, 19:36
From the errors, it appears the extension hasn't been updated with the changes from it's creation to the current code structure in FGU. So the extension would have to be updated to resolve those issues.

Falarinx
January 25th, 2023, 20:00
From the errors, it appears the extension hasn't been updated with the changes from it's creation to the current code structure in FGU. So the extension would have to be updated to resolve those issues.

Okay, that's a start. Are there any resources to see what kind of changes would need to be made? Maybe just crack open a working extension for the MoreCore ruleset and figure out what's different?

superteddy57
January 25th, 2023, 20:10
You can look over the wiki and check out the developer guides there. The discord for FG has a mod_creation channel to ask questions in real time or the workshop here on the forums.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996644285/Developer+Guide

Mach5RR
January 27th, 2023, 02:18
Yeah, I was ignoring it and was trying to recreate it from scratch. The problem I ran into was the skills tab.When I try to create it, based off of how other rulesets were done it takes that tab approximately 4 seconds to load on initial startup. That has driven me bonkers, and I kinda stepped away to do other things.

Let me revisit it, and see what progress I can make. There are things I can do to make it work a lot like CP RED, so I can use that as a visual template.

damned
January 27th, 2023, 02:29
What you can do is check whether there are ANY skills and if there are do not run the script. That will be quicker.
The script you reference is only running once per toon per session.
Ofc when you are coding and doing non stop restarts and coding tweaks those 4 seconds start to add up :bandit:

damned
January 27th, 2023, 02:30
Also I am pretty sure CPRED is getting very close!

Wulfgangrpg
January 31st, 2024, 17:37
Hi, so since the CP2020 Extention does not appear to work anymore, how would I go about fixing it. I know the time of the Red is out. but after getting the pdf, and reading over it. I am thinking it not going to satisfy my itch to play Cyberpunk.

So I guess my question is, Is there anything I can do to get the CP2020 Extension working? or will I have to create the ruleset from scratch?

superteddy57
January 31st, 2024, 17:49
Well MoreCore is flexible and could be set by a GM to get it to play with a bit more automation than tabletop/CoreRPG. The extension was built to be more specialized towards this system. With the lack of support unfortunately, you would have to open up the extension and bring it in line with the latest MoreCore and CoreRPG updates. In most cases looking at the errors generated by the console would point you to see if it's an easy fix or a complicated one. Depending on the last time it was updated, it might be easier to start over if you are knowledgeable with the FG coding process.

Ravanazar
January 31st, 2024, 18:07
Please! Please!
Someone get us some 2020 on FGU
R20 has 2020, Foundry has 2020.
Red makes me sad.

damned
February 1st, 2024, 01:07
Please! Please!
Red makes me sad.

Someone has to code it. If you want it you should consider coding it.

Ravanazar
February 1st, 2024, 14:47
I'm more than willing to purchase the modules, add-ons, books sold in the store and forge for 2020 if they were made available.
Just showing my interest in such a project. As for coding I still hand my phone to my son when I need to know how to use it.

If the Fuzion/Interlock/HERO systems were added to FGU even as "Multi-Genre System" (like WoiN and Savage Worlds) then FGU could claim to support more games such as Mekton, Cyberpunk 2013, Cyberpunk 2020, Cybergeneration, Cyberpunk V3, Champions, Justice, Inc., Star Hero, Teenagers from Outer Space, Gundam Senki...

Any thoughts on convincing SmiteWorks to do this in house?
Forgive me, I have no idea how this works. I'm a customer not a volunteer here.

Wulfgangrpg
February 1st, 2024, 16:16
Please! Please!
Red makes me sad.

Yes it makes me sad also.

Wulfgangrpg
February 1st, 2024, 16:18
Well MoreCore is flexible and could be set by a GM to get it to play with a bit more automation than tabletop/CoreRPG. The extension was built to be more specialized towards this system. With the lack of support unfortunately, you would have to open up the extension and bring it in line with the latest MoreCore and CoreRPG updates. In most cases looking at the errors generated by the console would point you to see if it's an easy fix or a complicated one. Depending on the last time it was updated, it might be easier to start over if you are knowledgeable with the FG coding process.

Ok Thank you