PDA

View Full Version : Chase Mode Not Working?

outlawmoon
May 28th, 2020, 23:54
Hi,

I watched Kevin Doswell's great video on running chases in FGU, but I can't seem to get the chase to enable properly. Kevin shows how enabling chase mode forces the range to remain the same up and down the columns, not adding distance for diagonals. When I try this, it acts exactly the same as when the chase button is not toggled and adds distance as I move up and down a column. Is this now bugged, or is this just an issue at my end for some reason?

Not running any extensions beyond SWADE.

Thanks.

Doswelk
May 29th, 2020, 07:02
I think I had the same thing when running my game on Saturday, I noticed that the ranges seemed off.

outlawmoon
May 29th, 2020, 15:31
Sounds broken.

morgangould
July 25th, 2020, 16:22
I have been unable to duplicate what he did at all. I have not tried in test mode so maybe it hasn't been fully implemented yet.

Random Interrupt
September 4th, 2020, 05:49
I hate to bump an old thread, but I might be having a similar problem. I can get the cards on the map to show as chase cards, but it doesn't seem to do chase complications and the other features in the much-linked video don't seem to work. Is this an issue for everyone right now?

Doswelk
September 5th, 2020, 10:52
Did you enable chase mode on the map window?

Random Interrupt
September 5th, 2020, 17:14
I did, yes. And the cards show on the map as Chase Cards, so the system definitely understands that I am doing chase mode. But it doesn't do the complications.

tintagel
September 10th, 2020, 15:11
Does this work in FG Unity? I can't find it.

amerigoV
October 3rd, 2020, 22:31
for @tintagel - the Chase is there for FGU (on your map/image, there are 3 dots with a triangle under it by the lock/unlock icon - if you hit that it brings up the traditional tools, including the AOL running man icon :)).

But its not working for me otherwise. I have it on, dealt cards to the map, they say they are chase cards - but the CT does not indicate potential hazard when that token is on a Club. I am pretty sure it worked around the beginning of the year when I switched over to FGU.

I am using FGU 4.0.0 2020-10-01 Build
v5.2.8 SWADE
Dark Theme.
SciFi Companion and Lost Colony - Million Miles adventure loaded. One custom content module that does not change any underlying SW things (its content, not rules)

Screen Capture attached.

amerigoV
November 18th, 2020, 00:04
I just want to bump this. Even after a few FGU updates and today's SW update, Chase Mode does not appear to work (rewatched DOSWALK's video, turned on chase mode, cards show as chase tokens on the map - but range is still as normal mode and complications do not post in chat on a Club action card).

SW: v5.2.9
FGU: 4.0.1 2020-11-11

amerigoV
November 18th, 2020, 00:05
I just want to bump this. Even after a few FGU updates and today's SW update, Chase Mode does not appear to work (rewatched DOSWALK's video, turned on chase mode, cards show as chase tokens on the map - but range is still as normal mode and complications do not post in chat on a Club action card).

The screen capture in the previous post is still accurate.

Ikael
November 18th, 2020, 14:54

The screen capture in the previous post is still accurate.

This is known issue and I am collaborating with Smiteworks if it can be fixed

amerigoV
November 19th, 2020, 02:09
This is known issue and I am collaborating with Smiteworks if it can be fixed

Fingers crossed! Thanks.

mac40k
February 10th, 2021, 02:43
Any update on when/if this will be fixed? SW 5.2.14 in FGU still shows toggle button to enable Chase mode, but no box to enter range increment like in FGC appears.

Lynnx333
February 10th, 2021, 11:10
I think you need to enter the range increment in the section where you manage the grid details.

Ikael
February 10th, 2021, 11:21
I think you need to enter the range increment in the section where you manage the grid details.

That's correct. In FGU provides built-in way to define distance multiplier and thus there is no need to introduce new field to do that. In FGC there is no such feature so it makes sense to show to field there thou.

mac40k
February 11th, 2021, 00:55
Brilliant! Even though I backed the Kickstarter, I've continued to use FGC and just started trying things out in FGU, so I'm still learning.

mac40k
April 17th, 2021, 18:02
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but while the Range is shown correctly when I draw a line pointer on a Chase map, it doesn't seem to apply the appropriate range modifiers to Shooting rolls.

TomtheBu
April 17th, 2021, 21:05
I tried to recreate this with two pcs shooting at each other and everything seems to work. I tested with each of the four ranges and all were fine.

FGU with SWADE 5.2.16 - Chase mode active, Distance Multiplier is set to 5, both combatants are in the CT and shooting rolls are made from "Combat" Tabs.

Xeonen
April 21st, 2021, 18:33
Hello, I'm having a weird problem here. I'm using the latest FGU version (Updated 10 minutes before writing this post) and the chase button appears to be disappeared.

TomtheBu
April 21st, 2021, 19:59
Hi Xeonen,

to make the chase mode work in FGU, you have to drop at least one chase card from the Card Deck onto your map. Then the chase button to toggle on/off the chase mode will appear.

Xeonen
April 21st, 2021, 21:31
Hi Xeonen,

to make the chase mode work in FGU, you have to drop at least one chase card from the Card Deck onto your map. Then the chase button to toggle on/off the chase mode will appear.

Thanks a looooot! I didn't know the change.

TomtheBu
April 21st, 2021, 22:46
You´re welcome :)

I found this out by mere chance also, because I had an old (working) chase map with cards (and chase mode button) on it

and recently, when I started a new chase map, I wondered about the chase button suddenly was gone...

Mike Serfass
April 22nd, 2021, 02:59
The chase button will also appear if you drop a PC from the CT onto the map, or an encounter, or an NPC. Something that can be in a chase, basically.

TomtheBu
April 22nd, 2021, 22:33
That´s good to know. Thank you very much.

SampsonSteel
June 3rd, 2022, 04:26
i have no chase button on any rule set d&d COC and savage world all the guide videos say hit the button. Under campaigns the only things listed are abilities, encounters, images ,items, nPC's, parcels, quest, story ,tables and vehicles under savage worlds.i am running 4.2.1

GunnarGreybeard
June 3rd, 2022, 12:59
Can't speak for the other rulesets but for Savage Worlds, there is no sidemenu button for that. It's activated on the image you are using for the chase. In the upper right corner of the image, an 'Enable Chase Mode' button will appear in the toolbar once you drop a PC or NPC from the Combat Tracker onto the map.

Moon Wizard
June 3rd, 2022, 15:44
From what I know, only Savage Worlds and Call of Cthulhu 7E frameworks (rulesets) have "Chases" as a mechanic; and they are very different between the two.

This wiki page has some videos on Savage Worlds, which include details on the Chase Tracker.
https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996643811/Savage+Worlds+Videos

For CoC 7E, I'm not sure if any documentation was made by the DLC developer, but you can ask in the CoC 7E forum for details on how it works.

Regards,
JPG