PDA

View Full Version : 5E DM Looking for Group

pbridges
May 28th, 2020, 01:18
Hello, I am a long time DM who has some time into Fantasy Grounds but not enough to consider myself really fluent. I am looking to get some practice in. Looking for a group who would like to play. I have no problem with newbies. We can do home brew or a module, whichever the players would prefer. My home brew stuff is dark and adult (meaning bad things happen to people sometimes and bad guys do bad things). I prefer an adult group as I am an old guy (49). I run a serious game, and my home brew stuff is very story based. I am looking for players who like that kind of game. Characters will start at 1st level and will use the stat array from the PH. Classes and Races from any official books. No dragonborn if home brew, it doesn't fit the campaign I am looking at.

FG License: Ultimate
Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: CST
Day of week and time: Thursday 6 or 7 CST
If new game, planned start date: Character creation, 5/28 or 6/4 depending on players.
Planned Duration & Frequency: 3-4 hours, weekly on Thursday
Term: Long term

Text or Voice: Voice and a bit of text for private discussions
Voice software used: Discord or Zoom depending on players
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: depends on players
Number of Players in game & needed: 4 -6 needed
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level
Character restrictions: None

Phithis
May 28th, 2020, 01:53
I'm very interested! I would like to run one of the modules. Any is fine, it's just hard to find a good group to get all the way through one. I'm happy to fill any role the party needs, but if no one else covers healing I have a cleric build that multi's into Divine Soul Sorcerer that I want to try.

omndragon
May 28th, 2020, 02:28
I am very interested in joining. I am looking to join a long term game. I am available all day Thursday. I want to play a druid, but am flexible on what I play. I have been playing dnd since 2nd edition.

shadowgwah
May 28th, 2020, 02:30
I'm very interested as well. Available for Thursday as well. I kinda like the idea of a homebrew better, but I just want to have fun so it doesn't really matter to me. As for type of character I'm flexible as well.

Psyborg
May 28th, 2020, 03:05
I would love to join the group. I'm in AZ, so time stands still here. I started playing in 1977 and have loved the game ever since... well I never played 4th edition, but am fairly new to 5e and would love to find a good group for long term play. I am willing to play pretty much any class race, but would like to try a Warforged or Goliath. I am brand new to Fantasy Grounds, so even if you're rusty, I will still be amazed at your L33T skilz. :)

Kyle

pbridges
May 28th, 2020, 03:20
Ok go here to sign up. If we have enough players by tomorrow we can do a session 0 and I will let you guys vote on module or home brew and which module if you decide to go that way. Sound good?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=4927

Psyborg
May 28th, 2020, 03:33
Sounds great!

Question.. Are we using FGU or FGC?

CorporalSKI
May 28th, 2020, 04:04
I'm a fairly experienced DM on FG. I'm also an old guy (41). I rarely get to be a player so I'm looking for a great DM to hopefully give me some perspective on my own DMing. Hit me up on Discord CorporalSKI#2217. Hope to hear from you.

pbridges
May 28th, 2020, 04:34
Probably FGC

pbridges
May 28th, 2020, 05:31
Guys have a chance due to wife aggro. Need to switch to Monday night, can you still play?

omndragon
May 28th, 2020, 05:52
I can do Mondays, but only after 9 pm as I work till 8 pm central time. I am off Tuesday - Friday though so anytime on those dates would work.

cordero808
May 28th, 2020, 06:47
I can join a Monday night group if you still have openings

Psyborg
May 28th, 2020, 09:25
Guys have a chance due to wife aggro. Need to switch to Monday night, can you still play?

Monday evening is even better for me.

Phithis
May 28th, 2020, 09:34
I have an every other Monday game, but Tues-Thurs. is great for me.

shadowgwah
May 28th, 2020, 12:12
I have no problem with Monday

neural
May 28th, 2020, 17:34
I am very interested EST player can do Monday or Thursday with as early as an 8/9pm EST start.

Twaran
May 28th, 2020, 18:35
Hi,
Im Nick and im brand new to FGU. Im in for thursdays

Boostaloo
June 23rd, 2020, 00:04
Monday...and I could start tonight if you guys want

Datan
June 23rd, 2020, 04:49
Crusader,

You may be a few weeks past your character creation dates of 5/28 or 6/4 when I saw your thread. Your world sounds interesting. I could join immediately in a re-run or as a replacement as needed. Here are my stats:

FG License: Have regular $20 license.

Time Zone: Central Time CDT USA (UTC-5)

Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Once a week or more on an evening or weekend.

Term: Long term. Short term or merge into existing group is fine.

Voice: Have Discord. Willing to DL new App

Game System Preferred: D&D 5E

Game System Experience: Some pen and paper Pathfinder 3.5.

Fantasy Grounds Experience: None, but learning. Can create character and can find and import free tokens. Trying to create first module.

Character Type Preferred: Whatever character type party is missing (any alignment, tank, healer, DPS, or utility, etc.).

About me: Mature, older adult. Easy going. Not a rule lawyer. Would like to DM in FG in the future. Preferred game would be (Combat 35% - Problem Solving 35% - Role-Playing 30%).