PDA

View Full Version : Altering the Interface

Celban
April 6th, 2007, 15:48
Is there a tutorial or any info about changing the Interface? I did a seach and didnt turn up much on this issue

Here are some things I want to do...

Change mask color- I would like to change the overlay mask color to black or any color I choose.
Change the wood tabletop graphic to- whatever I want to put there
Change the Text font sizes on the story board or whatever
Change Text color
Change the storyboard texture

In other words I would like to change the interface to match the type of game I am running. If Im running a d20 Fantasy game, then it is ok as is.
If I want to run a Call of Cthulhu game, the interface would be more fun if it looked appropriate to that

Is it possible to make the map re-size to larger, or full screen. We play face-to-Face and the map window is too small, this is a somewhat major issue for us at the moment, since the map cannot be viewed well by all the players.

FG is a great product

Thanks in Advance

Happy Easter

Fade
April 6th, 2007, 18:01
I believe you can do most of this cosmetic stuff by editing the XML directly. Providing different images for the background etc.

The map can be zoomed into and out of to change the displayed size. And the tokens can be locked at the appropriate map zoom scale.

greowhiste
April 6th, 2007, 19:59
Two things i am interested in doing but can't find the information as well are:

1. the function that changes the overall tint of the program (night time, day time, dusk, forest, etc), i would think it would be great if i could control that color. Say, if your characters were in an intensely misty place, to make the overlay a very light grey or white, or if they were on the elemental plane of fire to make the overlay cardinal red or orange...

2. I too would love for the tokens box and the map window to be adjustable. this is a major complaint from my players.

Any suggestions?

thanks,

joshuha
April 6th, 2007, 20:23
Is there a tutorial or any info about changing the Interface? I did a seach and didnt turn up much on this issue

Here are some things I want to do...

Change mask color- I would like to change the overlay mask color to black or any color I choose.
Change the wood tabletop graphic to- whatever I want to put there
Change the Text font sizes on the story board or whatever
Change Text color
Change the storyboard texture

Is it possible to make the map re-size to larger, or full screen.

In FG 1.05 these are all possible except the mask color part. How to do them would take more time to explain than I have at work now but maybe redirect these questions to the Workshop in the meantime?

joshuha
April 6th, 2007, 20:25
Two things i am interested in doing but can't find the information as well are:

1. the function that changes the overall tint of the program (night time, day time, dusk, forest, etc), i would think it would be great if i could control that color. Say, if your characters were in an intensely misty place, to make the overlay a very light grey or white, or if they were on the elemental plane of fire to make the overlay cardinal red or orange...

2. I too would love for the tokens box and the map window to be adjustable. this is a major complaint from my players.

Any suggestions?

thanks,

1) There is a post on the first page in the Workshop forum that shows how to do this. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5783

2) You can change the sizes for these in the XML. You have to modify both the frame definitions and the windowclass but its doable. I think there is a post somewhere on how to do this but I would need to do some more searching.

greowhiste
April 7th, 2007, 16:25
thanks for all the help!