PDA

View Full Version : Rolemaster FRP Extension 2.1

Pages : [1] 2

Ardem
May 26th, 2020, 13:03
Hi guys,

Attached I have the Rolemaster FRP/SS extension.

We have a few new features from the original FRP, as well as all the advantages of using the new RMC 2.1.1 version

Rules

Standard Rules adjusted like from the old version

Character Skill Table

Skill list has seen some UI improvements to make it easier to read.
Category Bonus automatically calculated and added to the Stds (I am very proud of this addition)
Limited calculations included
Combined calculations included
NA Calc included for headings

Character Spells

Spell Casting Maneuver window included with modifying calculations (Spell Casters love me)

Combat Tracker

Sleep and Rest HP FRP calculations and over 6 hours PP recovery.

Character XP

XP Character included, with two new fields for hit give and taken , you plug in the numbers and it does the maths for you (Not sure why I never thought of this before)

Skills Lists

All Category Skills added
Every School of Hard Knocks secondary skill added (YES 255 of the skills added and almost drove me insane)

Skill Dev Window

Total DP Spending correct
Able to handle 3 Cost stats correctly

Spells Lists

Included Paladin and Sorcerer Lists
In the process of fixing the missing spells from the lists

Party Sheet

Alertness instead of perception included (there is an error that score show a 0 but the roll is correct)

Races

Added the main Core and Character Races (I know there is heaps more will get to the rest eventually, but hey I got more detail in the descriptions then the RMC Races)

Arms

Added all the arms in one list#, included prices, breakages and correct strength stats

# The armoury and Fantasy Weapons are included, but you will need to purchase these for the Critical tables and they are well worth it

Installation

Grab it from the Forge

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/211/view

When you launch and click the RM Fantasy Roleplaying Version, you will need to load the following modules.

Creatures & Treasures RMC
Fantasy Weapons (if you have purchased it)
FRP Arms Law (replaces Arms Law RMC, add a few details like breakage numbers)
FRP Races (Required for the FRP stats do not use the character law races)
FRP Spell Law (Work in process, replace Spell Law RMC fixing certain spell lists missing data as well as added the Paladin and Sorcerer spell lists)
Rolemaster FRP Rules (Required)
The Armoury (if you have purchased it)

You can and should green tick everything except for Creatures and Treasures, make sure not to load RMC Character Law

Good Luck all as usual if I missed something or you want something urgent just send me a PM or write here, and I will get onto if I am sober.

------------------
Ardem

Discord: Ardem#4756
Teamspeak Server: ts3.varidan.com.au
Ultimate Licence: FGC/FGU

Campaign Currently Running: Greenbrook Rolemaster FRP (https://discord.gg/kVqDnAmxhX) (Weekly Wednesday 8.00pm-11.00pm), YouTube Stream (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrEy3kvjMfUMownyE02Oo-tzsaoqFc-k7)

Game/Ruleset created: Extinction Event (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22859-Extinction-Event-Release&highlight=Extinction)
Extensions created: Rolemaster FRP (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58404-Rolemaster-FRP-Extension-2-1), XP Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58451-RMC-XP-Extension), Random Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17072-Random-Extension&highlight=extinction+event)

Samzagas
May 27th, 2020, 01:06
Do you think you could also update the XP standalone extension to work with 2.1?
I'm about to run a RMC campaign, but it currently moves the character sheet upwards and some details are lost.

Xen
May 27th, 2020, 02:07
Ardem told me the other day that he would fixing it up for RMC, he was just trying to finish up this extension for FRP first. :)

Samzagas
May 27th, 2020, 04:30
That's great news, thanks.

Ardem
May 27th, 2020, 04:41
You two get out of here with you desire for the XP extension over my masterpiece.

Xen
May 27th, 2020, 14:54
LOL Sorry Ardem. :)

Kethevin
May 29th, 2020, 06:35
Awesome! I miss Rolemaster but loved FRP over Classic.

Do you accept donations for your work?

Ardem
May 29th, 2020, 12:47
No donations, I accept lots of ego building praise LOL.

No it is my pleasure to do the work, also being a GM I get the most out of it because I love FRP. I just hope people enjoy playing rolemaster.

Kethevin
May 29th, 2020, 16:34
I've been playing Rolemaster since the 80's, and to be able to play FRP now with friends across the country is going to be amazing.

Thank you so much for the work you put into this, it is VERY much appreciated!

Kethevin
May 29th, 2020, 23:47
I might be missing something, but where do you record the potential stats?

Dakadin
May 29th, 2020, 23:55
Try clicking the magnifying glass next to the Stats as shown here: 36251

Kethevin
May 29th, 2020, 23:57
Try clicking the magnifying glass next to the Stats as shown here: 36251

I knew I was missing something, sorry. Though, to be honest, clicking that magnifying glass and having the stat window pop up was kind of like a little present! lol I'm so excited. lol

Ardem
May 30th, 2020, 04:20
There are lots of little surprises. The party sheet was my favourite surprise.

Samzagas
June 13th, 2020, 07:49
Sorry to bother, but I'm getting an error message when opening a Character Sheet with the extension enabled. The console comes up and displays the following message:

"Ruleset Error: window: No vertical anchor defined for control (logo) in windowclass (charsheet_main)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(dptotal) anchoring to an undefined control (abilityframe) in windowclass (charsheet_main)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(dptotal) anchoring to an undefined control (abilityframe) in windowclass (charsheet_main)
Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (rrframe) in windowclass (charsheet_main)
Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (rrframe) in windowclass (charsheet_main)
Script Error: [string "nextlevelxp"]:1: attempt to call field 'NextLevelXP' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "charsheet_main:pp_mult"]:1: attempt to call field 'PPMult' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "rules/scripts/rules_pc.lua"]:59: attempt to index global 'Preferences' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "max_spell_adder"]:1: attempt to call field 'SpellAdder' (a nil value)
Ruleset Error: window: No vertical anchor defined for control (logo) in windowclass (charsheet_main)
Ruleset Error: window: No vertical anchor defined for control (logo) in windowclass (charsheet_main)
Script Error: [string "nextlevelxp"]:1: attempt to call field 'NextLevelXP' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "charsheet_main:pp_mult"]:1: attempt to call field 'PPMult' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "rules/scripts/rules_pc.lua"]:59: attempt to index global 'Preferences' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "max_spell_adder"]:1: attempt to call field 'SpellAdder' (a nil value)
Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (rrframe) in windowclass (charsheet_main)"

There's also an error message with the Combat Tab:

"Script Error: [string "equipped_helmet"]:1: attempt to call field 'GetInventoryItemLink' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "equipped_primary_hand"]:1: attempt to call field 'GetInventoryItemLink' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "equipped_secondary_hand"]:1: attempt to call field 'GetInventoryItemLink' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "equipped_adder_multiplier"]:1: attempt to call field 'PPMult' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "dbmagic"]:1: attempt to call field 'MagicDB' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "dbshield"]:1: attempt to call field 'ShieldDB' (a nil value)"

And the Inventory Tab:

"Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (bmrrace) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (bmrrace) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (bmrrace) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(bmrtotal) anchoring to an undefined control (bmrmisc) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(bmrtotal) anchoring to an undefined control (bmrmisc) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
Script Error: [string "bmrtotal"]:1: attempt to index field 'bmrrace' (a nil value)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(bmrtotal) anchoring to an undefined control (bmrmisc) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)"

Also, some tabs of the sheet are out of alignment.
I'm guessing it has something to do with the last update, but I'm no expert.

Ardem
June 15th, 2020, 03:15
Is this for FGU or FGC?

Currently extension only works for FGC.

Also that image that has 'stat*3' looks like your using the old RMFRP extension, which you should delete ( I am sure I never added a heading stat*3 in the new version). Make sure the extension you are using is RM Fantasy Roleplaying Version

It should also say on the chat window "Rolemaster FRP extension v2.1 for FGII RMC V2.1.1 ruleset.

Samzagas
June 15th, 2020, 17:08
It seems like you were right, I still had the old extension lying around and used that one instead by accident.

Ardem
June 16th, 2020, 01:24
It seems like you were right, I still had the old extension lying around and used that one instead by accident.

Awesome have fun with the extension

Kethevin
June 20th, 2020, 00:30
Just a quick FYI if no one has mentioned it. The Combat Maneuver skills are labeled "Crafts," by mistake. :-)

Ardem
June 22nd, 2020, 05:38
Thanks @Kethevin I will fix this and put it out on the next update.

zzMannyzz
July 1st, 2020, 15:41
Hi, firstly a big thanks for putting this extension together. I've been playing around with it and have a couple of questions:

1. Can we setup a custom race with Power Point progressions and Body Dev progressions? I'm asking this as I setup a custom race and cannot see anywhere to input this information.
2. Does the system automatically calculate Power Points (for the character's realm) and Body Development points? I'm asking this as I cannot see the system auto-calculating either of these values, no matter what value I put in Options\Character(GM)\Auto Calculate: Max Hits and Max Power Points. This is linked to point (1) above - currently I'm manually calculating these values but would be awesome if they could be automated like the rest of the sheet. Probably me being dumb, i am sure!
3. Can the system be adjusted to handle high (<102) stats please - I notice the stat bonuses are capped at 102 for some reason but would like to be able to go quite a bit higher, if at all possible.
4. Is is possible to add custom table resolvers and link skills to those e.g. in my RM campaign one of my PCs have Psychic powers from Spacemaster so it would be great if I could get that all linked in an automated.

Thanks,
Manny

Ardem
July 2nd, 2020, 00:39
1. So you can add custom Races you can add a race but powerpoint dev and body dev is manually calculated when you add it. This is the same with RMC. You put the number in the skills tab. (review image 1) note the first 18 in the skill tab on the image this is the editable field.
2. There is some auto calculating done, but not the actually race points (It would be cool if RMC *hint**hint* dakadin, that it grapped the points from the race record and not hard coded.)
3. The system does not handle higher stats, it is possible can you refer me to the rules around this. FRP page 17 only goes to 102, you could just used the Spec bonus if you need,
4. It is possible to add your table resolves you would need to open up the frprules.mod file look at RMtables part and copy a table there to create a new table, you can add this in you own xml. To automate it against a skill is much harder and this needs coding.

HinTFishy
July 2nd, 2020, 16:05
I just want to add my thanks to those already expressed by other fans of RMSS/RFRP. Fantastic job.

zzMannyzz
July 2nd, 2020, 16:40
1. So you can add custom Races you can add a race but powerpoint dev and body dev is manually calculated when you add it. This is the same with RMC. You put the number in the skills tab. (review image 1) note the first 18 in the skill tab on the image this is the editable field.
2. There is some auto calculating done, but not the actually race points (It would be cool if RMC *hint**hint* dakadin, that it grapped the points from the race record and not hard coded.)
3. The system does not handle higher stats, it is possible can you refer me to the rules around this. FRP page 17 only goes to 102, you could just used the Spec bonus if you need,
4. It is possible to add your table resolves you would need to open up the frprules.mod file look at RMtables part and copy a table there to create a new table, you can add this in you own xml. To automate it against a skill is much harder and this needs coding.

Thanks for the clarifications, Ardem.

Regarding the high stat bonuses this is referring to RMSS (which is very similar to RMFRP): on p28 of the Rolemaster Standard Rules it states it is just (Stat-95) x 2 for all stats above 100 so this way we get:

101 = (101-95)x2 = +12
102 = (102-95)x2 = +14
103 = (103-95)x2 = +16

etc

Would it be possible to incorporate this ?

Ardem
July 3rd, 2020, 02:10
Sure I cannot see why not. I will fix it in the next day or two and upload a new version.

For FRP GMs and players will need to remember that they cannot go over 102.

Ardem
July 3rd, 2020, 02:13
@HintFishy Thanks I appreciate it, just glad FG and Dakadin made a great RMC, so I could make the necessary adjustments for RMSS/FRP.

Majyk
July 4th, 2020, 21:24
Nice to see you on here, HintFishy - wishing you lots of RMSS play online!

Ardem
July 7th, 2020, 08:38
New Version 2.11 is on the front page, recommend downloading all the ext and mods and overwrite existing files

Changes include
Extension - Stats can now go above 102 for RMSS players or Custome Rules. Every +1 over 102 is a +2 to the stat.
FRP Rules - No longer requires RMC Character Law, Resistance Tables and Quick reference to items included. Included missed Rowing and and Sailing Skills, Fixed Combat Manuvuer to use the Combat Manuvuer Table not Crafts
FRP ARMsLaw - Fixed some minor issues.
FRP Races - No Changes
FRP Spell Law - Corrected a number of Essence, Open and Closed Lists, Added Concealment Master Dabbler Base, Corrected a number of Mentalism Open and Closed, Added All Mystic Base Lists

zzMannyzz
July 7th, 2020, 21:11
Hi Ardem,

Thanks for putting out an update so quick, much appreciated.

I took a look at the stats and the bonus still caps at 102, am I missing something that needs to be done to enable the stats & bonuses to go above 102?

Ardem
July 8th, 2020, 02:29
Can you check that the version you have in the chat window is FRP extension 2.11 and not 2.1.

I rechecked on my side and if you put 103 in the current field you get +16.

I would recommend redownload the ext file and replace or delete and replace the current ext file

zzMannyzz
July 8th, 2020, 18:15
Can you check that the version you have in the chat window is FRP extension 2.11 and not 2.1.

I rechecked on my side and if you put 103 in the current field you get +16.

I would recommend redownload the ext file and replace or delete and replace the current ext file

Seems I somehow managed to update everything apart from the FRP.ext, my bad.

Thanks so much , works like a charm! Time to setup my First Age campaign!!

Ernoldo
July 13th, 2020, 13:51
Just found this, I was searching for the files in the old post.

Thanks for the great work Ardem!

Ernoldo
July 13th, 2020, 14:46
Hi again,

I got the extension to work, except for the skills. When i try to open tables (Adolescence T-1.6, Category Skills T-2.5 and Secondary skills T-2.5) from the Rolemaster FRP rules book I get the following error messages:

Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (referencecategoryskills : reference.skilllist.secskills@Rolemaster FRP Rules)
Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (referencecategoryskills : reference.skilllist.categoryskills@Rolemaster FRP Rules)
Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (referenceadolescence : reference.adolescence@Rolemaster FRP Rules)

What should I do or shouldnt have done? :D

Also when a character rolls a skill the table resolver doesnt find the correct skill category tables.

Ardem
July 15th, 2020, 02:36
Did you check the front page it sound like you did not replace the mod files.

My advice would be to delete all files for FRP from the extension and mod section make sure if you extracted the folders are gone as well.

Then download all the files on the front page and make a note on what mods to open, there is a few, you need to activate in the library.

Ernoldo
July 17th, 2020, 11:36
Thank you Ardem,

I double checked and there was a mod "rm FRP rules" which evaded my eyes the first three times. Now its gone and everything works like a charm. You are a Wizard sir!

Griffonbait
July 20th, 2020, 09:20
Just found this - looking forward to using it.

Thank you for all your efforts!

Griffonbait
July 20th, 2020, 14:16
I am getting the following error when loading with the FRP extension:

Error loading extension XML file. [FRP] [campaign/campaign_skills.xml]: An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 12, position 27

Here is the complete console log:

[7/20/2020 10:30:57 PM] FGU: v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-07-16)
[7/20/2020 10:30:57 PM] OS: Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bit
[7/20/2020 10:30:57 PM] GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti : 4018
[7/20/2020 10:30:57 PM] USER: Griffonbait
[7/20/2020 10:30:57 PM] Launcher scene starting.
[7/20/2020 10:31:11 PM] Starting cloud server mode. [Griffonbait]
[7/20/2020 10:31:12 PM] Game server started. [52.63.2.139:53088]
[7/20/2020 10:31:12 PM] Launcher scene exiting.
[7/20/2020 10:31:12 PM] Tabletop scene starting.
[7/20/2020 10:31:12 PM] Match successfully created on lobby.
[7/20/2020 10:31:29 PM] MEASURE: RULESETS LOAD - 17.1440717 - RolemasterClassic
[7/20/2020 10:31:29 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Error loading extension XML file. [FRP] [campaign/campaign_skills.xml]: An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 12, position 27.
[7/20/2020 10:31:29 PM] MEASURE: EXTENSIONS LOAD - 0.0080004 - 1
[7/20/2020 10:31:32 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LIST BUILD - 2.4189983 - 152
[7/20/2020 10:31:32 PM] MEASURE: REFRESH IMAGE ASSETS - 0.1929989
[7/20/2020 10:31:32 PM] MEASURE: REFRESH PORTRAIT ASSETS - 0.0079989
[7/20/2020 10:31:32 PM] MEASURE: REFRESH TOKEN ASSETS - 0.2790023
[7/20/2020 10:31:32 PM] MEASURE: ASSET LIST BUILD - 0.4820011
[7/20/2020 10:31:34 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 1 - 21.9110745
[7/20/2020 10:31:34 PM] Loaded FreeType library version 2.10.2
[7/20/2020 10:31:39 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 4.4271718 - Creatures and Treasures
[7/20/2020 10:31:39 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0039997 - D&D Map Pack Volume 1
[7/20/2020 10:31:39 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0129986 - Desert Canyon Map
[7/20/2020 10:31:39 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0909226 - Fantasy Weapons
[7/20/2020 10:31:39 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.1830167 - FG Battle Maps
[7/20/2020 10:31:40 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.95891 - FRP Arms Law
[7/20/2020 10:31:40 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0130008 - FRP Races
[7/20/2020 10:31:41 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.6511051 - FRP Spell Law
[7/20/2020 10:31:41 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0069999 - RMC Calendars
[7/20/2020 10:31:43 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 1.704561 - Rolemaster FRP Rules
[7/20/2020 10:31:43 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.4580047 - Tales From the Green Gryphon Inn
[7/20/2020 10:31:43 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.3339994 - The Armoury
[7/20/2020 10:31:44 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0409983 - Tomb of the Shadow King
[7/20/2020 10:31:44 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0090011 - Tropical Island Map
[7/20/2020 10:31:44 PM] [WARNING] chat: Could not find icon (portrait_ruleset_token)
[7/20/2020 10:31:45 PM] RULESET: Rolemaster Classic ruleset v2.1.7 for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2020 SmiteWorks USA, LLC and Aurigas Aldeberon LLC
[7/20/2020 10:31:45 PM] RULESET: CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.11 for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2019 Smiteworks USA, LLC
[7/20/2020 10:31:45 PM] EXTENSION: Extension (FRP) loaded.
[7/20/2020 10:31:45 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 11.5545586

Griffonbait
July 20th, 2020, 14:23
Link to post with issue details: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51727-some-characters-in-comments-in-XML-files-lead-to-error

Ardem
July 22nd, 2020, 05:37
Is this with FGU?

FRP extension at the moment is only for FGC, until we get close to a FGU release.

Ardem
July 22nd, 2020, 08:52
So anyway I looked at it, I corrected the issue and corrected another issue launched it in FGU, played around, for the most of things it seems to work ok. So I guess we going to go FGU compatible as well. Let me know if you come across any other FGU issues.

New version 2.12 is on the front page, only need to replace the extension.

Griffonbait
July 22nd, 2020, 09:31
Thank you Ardem!

I will keep you appraised of any further issues.

Griffonbait
July 25th, 2020, 03:14
I am currently only focused on the character creation process.

One ERROR: STATS window shows DP Total with erroneous value. It should be Temps of (Ag + Co + Me + Re + SD) / 5. Clearly, the STATS dialog is not being sent the Total DPs from the Stat Generation dialog and/or is using an incorrect formula. See image.

This is likely an issue with the RMC rule system or FGU as the problem is removed on window reload.

ERROR: Skill Development window

The DPs displayed in Skill Development are incorrect, even though they are in integer format. The value in Avail field should be a FLOOR() value - the largest interger not greater than the decimal value.

Love the Grouping option for the Skill Development window!!!

More to come...

Cheers.

Griffonbait
July 25th, 2020, 04:59
Thank you for all your efforts getting this fixed!

Current Issues:

Character Sheet Skills Tab

Categories are missing Profession Bonus field

Skills are missing Category Bonus field

Primary Skill Table (accessed from the Skill Development dialog)

Has 20 profs list at table top.

Missing prof: Alchemist (Al)

Additional, unknown prof: Pr (Priest?) This is on the far right and is not listed in the Professions window.

Secondary Skill Table (accessed from the Skill Development dialog)

Table is not scrollable - skill listing stops at Circle Lore

Has 19 out of the 20 profs list at table top - missing 1, but there are 2 incorrect profs, see below. So there are 3 missing.

Has only 14 columns of data for the 19 profs - missing 6 to make 20 sets of data.

Missing prof: Dabbler (Db)

Missing prof: Magent (Mg) - or is that Magician?

Missing prof: Paladin (Pl)

Additional, unknown prof: Se

Additional, unknown prof: As

Both Skill tables could be enlarged now that screen real estate is not a premium. The Primary Skill Table is only half, the width of my 1920 pixels, while the Secondary Skill Table is about a third. Enlarging font size would make it more readable.

Lastly
I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to add weapon skills to the Weapon categories. Some explanation on how this works would be good, thanks.

Cheers!

Griffonbait
July 25th, 2020, 05:03
From your original post:

Category Bonus automatically calculated and added to the Stds (I am very proud of this addition)

What do you mean by "Stds"?

Cheers.

Ardem
July 25th, 2020, 07:57
ERROR: STATS window
I could not get it to error as you have, please give me the exact process you did to create the error.

ERROR: Skill Development window
Where in the FRP rules say it should be FLoor, this is the text taken from Page 22
DPs = (Ag + Co + Me + Re + SD) ÷ 5

The only area that I know it should be floor is in rank progression? If you can give me a solid rule for it happy to change it.
----
Categories are missing Profession Bonus field

I tend to use "Spec" field for the Profession bonus, until Dakadin and give all the text fields a variable name, there are some fields I cannot change. There is also not enough room another field there. So once all the text names have a variable name I can then change Spec to be Prof.

Skills are missing Category Bonus field
No it is there it is called Level in Skill Dev based on a similar issue above and CT Bn in the skill window and is a non editable field.

Missing prof: Alchemist (Al)

I not sure how that ducked back in will have to remove that must me in one of the modules.
At the moment only FRP Core and Character Law Professions have been added Alchemist is not apart of these. There is literally a dozen Professions not added, the work to currently add a profession is super hard as I would have to add the profession skill number to every skill included there is 200 odd skills. I have talked to dakadin about this and a newer version might be able to add professions easier. At the moment you will have to do it all manually in adding a profession.

Additional, unknown prof: Pr (Priest?) This is on the far right and is not listed in the Professions window.
You are correct this is priest, we had a priest in my game and I only half added it at the moment. Some of the additional stuff I add is purely for the fact when i started the FRP extension is because I play it, its not because i am getting paid by anyone or trying to complete a complete ruleset for ruleset stakes. It comes out of the fact I add things when my current campaign requires things, so I made FRP due to the need of a hobby then anything that why your might see sometimes some unfinished work because I tend to work on what I need. For instance right now I noticed the coin values in FRP and RMC for items are different and I need to change these.

Table is not scrollable - skill listing stops at Circle Lore
This is a bug for FGU. FGC this is a huge list and not scrollable but you can move the page up. I have to work on this, to get around this for now my recommendation is just add all secondary skills and then removed untrained when you finish. When i get the chance I look at what I can do here.

Has only 14 columns of data for the 19 profs

Hmm the data is there because if you change to Magent, Paladin or Dabble the data comes across correctly. This Page need a whole rework by the looks of things. I look at fonts but as well but it not all super easy as these tables are really old old tables that been cobbled together in RMC. Might have a chat to dakadin to see if we can improves these tables for future. Much of the code I have overlays the RMC code, else if there is a RMC update it could break the overlaying code, whcih also includes the fonts used. But you right it needs to be fixed.

So With weapon skills you do it this way.

Bring the seven weapons skills across and then enter into each skill and change the heading I noramlly just remove where it says Skill 1 and but in for instance -Weapon . 1H Edged. I then also add the stats so for the one described it would be St/Ag/St

I then Close this window, now say I want to add a Dagger under this I then Drag and drop the -Weapon . 1H Edged onto the skill list so it creates a duplicate, I change the duplicate and remove the heading to be Dagger. (Make sure not to touch at anytime the group)
I then changed the progression from CtG to Std. That is it. which bring me to you next point

What do you mean by "Stds"?
What I mean by this was, the previous version of FRP extension the progression stats were manually done no automation.

I worked on a way to make sure all the progressions are there Category, Standard, Combine, Limited, NA.
This if the Std is selected then it looks for the Category that in in the group and adds the Level bonus automatically to the Std skill.

This was a big deal for me as it required making a array, filtering and searching for the correct total. I am not a super duper coder I am self taught and although I am in the IT industry I am in a totally different area, so I was happy with the coding leap I had done here.

Not sure when I will get to your bugs but I do know about them now and get a chance soon to look at it I hope.

Griffonbait
July 25th, 2020, 18:36
error: Stats window
i could not get it to error as you have, please give me the exact process you did to create the error.

The issue occurs when you create the PC's stats, then click apply. It is repeatable and can be replicated.

The DPs change on the main STATS window because the STATS window DP Total field relies on the Stat Generation window's Total field's value

See BEFORE clicking Apply, and

AFTER clicking Apply:

error: Skill development window
where in the frp rules say it should be floor, this is the text taken from page 22
dps = (ag + co + me + re + sd) ÷ 5

the only area that i know it should be floor is in rank progression? If you can give me a solid rule for it happy to change it.

You are correct, there is no clearly direct statement other than an example, however, the example is clearly implying the use of FLOOR() in the DP spending process. As you have identified: Core Rulebook ICE#5800, p. 22, Apprenticeship Skill Development chapter.

Example: You have 61 development points to use to develop Varak’s skills: 61.2 = (96 + 90 + 38 + 43 + 39) ÷ 5.

The example given has 61.2 DPs getting FLOOR()-ed to 61.

An example with 61.9 DPs to spend would have the exact same 61 DPs to spend, because the PC has only 61.9 points to spend, not 70. See explanation:

If two PCs have 61.2 & 61.9 DPs, and spends these DPs as normal, then they can only spend in integer lots, with the smallest amount spendable to be 1 DP. In both cases, neither PC can spend their remaining 0.2 or 0.9 because it is not 1 whole DP.

Hence by the very definition of spending DPs, the FLOOR() value must be the amount available to spend - rounding a DP value to the nearest whole number can result in the PC having spent MORE DPs than they actually have.

Sorry to be a pain here, but as a mathematician, I can clearly see the solution, FLOOR(), being used.

A willing GM may allow for the PCs to save up their fractions of DPs over time, so that they can later spend any whole numbered amount, but that is more work for GM and players.

----

categories are missing profession bonus field

i tend to use "spec" field for the profession bonus, until dakadin and give all the text fields a variable name, there are some fields i cannot change. There is also not enough room another field there. So once all the text names have a variable name i can then change spec to be prof.

I suggested these very ideas to my own players. It would be good if the extensions went on GIT, SourceForge, or other. Purchasers are still the only ones who can use the RMC rule set, and I do not see anyone wanting to spend their time cracking a rarely used extension.

skills are missing category bonus field
no it is there it is called level in skill dev based on a similar issue above and ct bn in the skill window and is a non editable field.

I noticed tonight that you need to fill in categories first, before trying to develop skills.

missing prof: Alchemist (al)

i not sure how that ducked back in will have to remove that must me in one of the modules.
At the moment only frp core and character law professions have been added alchemist is not apart of these. There is literally a dozen professions not added, the work to currently add a profession is super hard as i would have to add the profession skill number to every skill included there is 200 odd skills. I have talked to dakadin about this and a newer version might be able to add professions easier. At the moment you will have to do it all manually in adding a profession.

Yes, I suggested this to the player who wants to be an Alchemist. If you are interested in getting some help with data entry, let me know. I have been programming in all these types of tables & values, multiple times across different languages since the early 90s, the latest being in C#

additional, unknown prof: Pr (priest?) this is on the far right and is not listed in the professions window.
you are correct this is priest, we had a priest in my game and i only half added it at the moment. Some of the additional stuff i add is purely for the fact when i started the frp extension is because i play it, its not because i am getting paid by anyone or trying to complete a complete ruleset for ruleset stakes. It comes out of the fact i add things when my current campaign requires things, so i made frp due to the need of a hobby then anything that why your might see sometimes some unfinished work because i tend to work on what i need. For instance right now i noticed the coin values in frp and rmc for items are different and i need to change these.

Yes, I understand. I do warn potential buyers of the pitfalls of purchasing any type of software that relies on a community to create the actual data and sequencing. It is all well and good for the original program devs to provide the facility to do so, but the community can be whimsical and fickle at best.

table is not scrollable - skill listing stops at circle lore
this is a bug for fgu. Fgc this is a huge list and not scrollable but you can move the page up. I have to work on this, to get around this for now my recommendation is just add all secondary skills and then removed untrained when you finish. When i get the chance i look at what i can do here.

Agreed, Your solution is how I do it atm.

has only 14 columns of data for the 19 profs

hmm the data is there because if you change to magent, paladin or dabble the data comes across correctly. This page need a whole rework by the looks of things. I look at fonts but as well but it not all super easy as these tables are really old old tables that been cobbled together in rmc. Might have a chat to dakadin to see if we can improves these tables for future. Much of the code i have overlays the rmc code, else if there is a rmc update it could break the overlaying code, whcih also includes the fonts used. But you right it needs to be fixed.

Get to it! <<cracks whip>>

I understand. Again, if I can help in any way...

so with weapon skills you do it this way.

bring the seven weapons skills across and then enter into each skill and change the heading i noramlly just remove where it says skill 1 and but in for instance -weapon . 1h edged. I then also add the stats so for the one described it would be st/ag/st

i then close this window, now say i want to add a dagger under this i then drag and drop the -weapon . 1h edged onto the skill list so it creates a duplicate, i change the duplicate and remove the heading to be dagger. (make sure not to touch at anytime the group)
i then changed the progression from ctg to std. That is it. Which bring me to you next point

Cool, thanks for that. I knew about the duplicating and the changing of ctg to std, but I didn't put 2 and 2 together, silly me.

what do you mean by "stds"?
what i mean by this was, the previous version of frp extension the progression stats were manually done no automation.

I worked on a way to make sure all the progressions are there category, standard, combine, limited, na.
This if the std is selected then it looks for the category that in in the group and adds the level bonus automatically to the std skill.

This was a big deal for me as it required making a array, filtering and searching for the correct total. I am not a super duper coder i am self taught and although i am in the it industry i am in a totally different area, so i was happy with the coding leap i had done here.

Not sure when i will get to your bugs but i do know about them now and get a chance soon to look at it i hope.

Well, I am sure that it is a labour of love, and that can only mean countless hours sunk into what feels like an ever deepening pit. You are amazing good sir!

Thank you for all your efforts. I, and my fellow gamers, do really appreciate it.

Take care.

Dakadin
July 25th, 2020, 20:49
The issue occurs when you create the PC's stats, then click apply. It is repeatable and can be replicated.

The DPs change on the main STATS window because the STATS window DP Total field relies on the Stat Generation window's Total field's value

See BEFORE clicking Apply, and

AFTER clicking Apply:

That's a bug I need to fix in the RMC ruleset. I will add it to my list.

You are correct, there is no clearly direct statement other than an example, however, the example is clearly implying the use of FLOOR() in the DP spending process. As you have identified: Core Rulebook ICE#5800, p. 22, Apprenticeship Skill Development chapter.

The example given has 61.2 DPs getting FLOOR()-ed to 61.

An example with 61.9 DPs to spend would have the exact same 61 DPs to spend, because the PC has only 61.9 points to spend, not 70. See explanation:

If two PCs have 61.2 & 61.9 DPs, and spends these DPs as normal, then they can only spend in integer lots, with the smallest amount spendable to be 1 DP. In both cases, neither PC can spend their remaining 0.2 or 0.9 because it is not 1 whole DP.

Hence by the very definition of spending DPs, the FLOOR() value must be the amount available to spend - rounding a DP value to the nearest whole number can result in the PC having spent MORE DPs than they actually have.

Sorry to be a pain here, but as a mathematician, I can clearly see the solution, FLOOR(), being used.

A willing GM may allow for the PCs to save up their fractions of DPs over time, so that they can later spend any whole numbered amount, but that is more work for GM and players.

Actually, it says to round off in the RMFRP core book on page 8 and gives two examples of rounding up:

----

I suggested these very ideas to my own players. It would be good if the extensions went on GIT, SourceForge, or other. Purchasers are still the only ones who can use the RMC rule set, and I do not see anyone wanting to spend their time cracking a rarely used extension.

If you have a copy of the extension, then you could always modify it for your own use but you would want to work with Ardem if you wanted to make the updates publicly available.

Ardem
July 26th, 2020, 06:39
Thanks Giffonbait for your replies, i am happy anytime you want to hook up voice wise for a what needs to be done to create a new profession. I can step you through the whole process. Discord or else where.

Thanks Dakadin, I knew somewhere I saw that ruling but could not remember where, as soon as I saw it the light bulb went on.

-----------------------------------------

Also I am happy for anyone to make there own changes to the ruleset off the extension I have created, I give my work freely to the community, however if there is work you do that can improve the main ext and they are not house rules but legitimate rules or data. I would more then welcome the help and include it in the main work. I am also very happy to help people achieve their goals whether it a new profession or more spell lists, I and more then willing to impart my knowledge.

This has been a labour of love and anything that sees the community grow or the ruleset improve is always welcomed.

Ardem
July 27th, 2020, 11:24
New Extension Update 2.13

I saw a number of issues with the Spell Casting Modifiers. I have adjusted this to accept Hybrid and Arcane.

Select Spell Type SCM for your modifiers for SCM, Ball Bolt and Basic only adds the Range modifier.

Note that the Used Powerpoint modifier is now working again.

ps To apply the modifier once you work it out you just double click the field and it will copy it to the modifier section in the lower right ready for your SCM roll on the Spell tab or the Base attack or Direct Spell roll on the combat window.

Griffonbait
July 30th, 2020, 02:29
That's a bug I need to fix in the RMC ruleset. I will add it to my list.

Actually, it says to round off in the RMFRP core book on page 8 and gives two examples of rounding up:

If you have a copy of the extension, then you could always modify it for your own use but you would want to work with Ardem if you wanted to make the updates publicly available.

Thanks for popping in, Dakadin. Good catch on the rounding - and thanks for the heads up. I do believe that the FRP writers messed up with their decimals. If you are going to mix integer math with real numbers, then ignore the results of integer math, it's a bit screwy. Thank God it is only a game. Rounding to nearest whole number it is then! So sad for the person who is on 61.4 versus 61.5 DPs, that could be the loss &/or gain of a whole skill rank, depending on your point of view.

Cheers

Griffonbait
July 30th, 2020, 02:35
Thanks for the offer. We are both Aussies, so that'll make it so much easier.

Fantasy Grounds Discord server should be fine.

I am retired so any timing is usually okay, other than gaming time, of course (Sunday arvos, and Monday morns atm).

Griffonbait is my handle on Discord.

Griffonbait
July 30th, 2020, 03:03
Issue with Character Sheet, Skills Tab Display.

When Grouping Skills with their Categories:
After selecting Group from context sensitive menu, I am getting white-filled rounded rectangles - see image.

Cheers.

Dakadin
July 30th, 2020, 03:17
Thanks for popping in, Dakadin. Good catch on the rounding - and thanks for the heads up. I do believe that the FRP writers messed up with their decimals. If you are going to mix integer math with real numbers, then ignore the results of integer math, it's a bit screwy. Thank God it is only a game. Rounding to nearest whole number it is then! So sad for the person who is on 61.4 versus 61.5 DPs, that could be the loss &/or gain of a whole skill rank, depending on your point of view.

Cheers

Yeah, the 61.4 vs 61.5 issue will also happen with the floor function but it would be 60.9 vs 61.0 but I do get your point. Try the attached extension if you want to use the floor instead of rounding it. :D Here is a screenshot:38171

Also I tracked down the DP total getting reset and have it resolved in my development build. It should be available with the Tuesday live release. I will have to work with Ardem to update his extension since he copied my mistake into his extension. :o

Dakadin
July 30th, 2020, 03:45
Ok. He didn't copy my mistake. I just double checked.

Griffonbait
July 30th, 2020, 03:55
Thanks Dakadin.

I must admit I am struggling to understand how to implement the Body Dev Skill and Spell Skills. I make a copy of the Category and use it as a skill but the progressions do not work.

Ardem
July 30th, 2020, 08:40
Body development and Power development you do not touch. They are classified as Hits in the Calc Cost and PP. You need to manually add the numbers in the RK Bn, its not automatic, you also need to make sure the GM Options are set correctly

Please look at these three images for how it should look

Ardem
July 30th, 2020, 08:43
Thanks for the offer. We are both Aussies, so that'll make it so much easier.

Fantasy Grounds Discord server should be fine.

I am retired so any timing is usually okay, other than gaming time, of course (Sunday arvos, and Monday morns atm).

Griffonbait is my handle on Discord.

No numbers with that hmm could not find you on the search this is mine. Not on the FG Discord, I should add it one day.

Ardem#4756

Griffonbait
July 30th, 2020, 20:59
LOL it is also in my signature here.

Soz.

Griffonbait
July 30th, 2020, 21:17
Thanks - had the setup correct.

Didn't realise PP Rk Bn was manually calculated based on the PP Dev Progression and that it needed to be added.

So Thanks!

Things are looking up for playing RMFRP now.

Cheers

Griffonbait
July 30th, 2020, 21:19
Is there any way you can add an identifier for the secondary skills that came out beyond the RMFRP Core rulebook?

Maybe use the section ascii character '§' ?

This is two Ss good for Secondary Skill

The § character works in FGU. e.g. §Transcend Armor, see image.

Cheers

Ardem
July 31st, 2020, 00:40
You can, but I would not want to, most players want things clear to read, and had plenty of feedback on that, so I even removed the stat make up out of the headings.

However you can do that if you wish, it would mean converting the FRP Rules Mod, it would be very easy a little time consuming though. But I can explain it to you over voice.

Griffonbait
August 18th, 2020, 01:55
Hi Ardem,

Sorry I have not gotten back to you the last couple of weeks. I have been working hard to get my RMFRP campaign started in FGU. Hopefully that will be next Monday, cross fingers!

I have been documenting bugs as I go and I have a couple more for you:

1: PP development is not based on racial progressions. As an example I have an half-elf with 2 ranks in PP Dev. and it is not giving correct results. I do understand that PPDev. is a manual setup, but does that include the calculated total field for racial progression values?

2: going into item description v.scrolling is inoperative, but changing to another tab and back enables v.scrolling - probably a refresh issue from the RMC extension?

Cheers.

Dakadin
August 18th, 2020, 06:14
Hi Griffonbait,

Regarding #2. That seems to be a bug in FGU. There are a couple areas where scrolling isn't behaving properly right now. The notes fields on the Notes tab of the character sheet is another place. At least from my observations, it seems to be if the scroll bar is attached to a particular field instead of the whole window but I could be wrong.

Dakadin

Griffonbait
August 18th, 2020, 10:32
I just found all but one Dabbler Base spell List are missing:

Spell Law, pp.38

Dabbler Base lists:
Concealment Mastery <<--- NOT MISSING
Influences
Mechanisms
Movement Mastery
Senses
Thieving Law

Griffonbait
August 18th, 2020, 12:12
Hi Griffonbait,

Regarding #2. That seems to be a bug in FGU. There are a couple areas where scrolling isn't behaving properly right now. The notes fields on the Notes tab of the character sheet is another place. At least from my observations, it seems to be if the scroll bar is attached to a particular field instead of the whole window but I could be wrong.

Dakadin

Thanks Dakadin.

Ardem and I were discussing that earlier today. His FGC was fine, so it came across as an FGU-only problem.

Also Ardem explained the whole PP skill dev procedure, so ignore #1 too.

Cheers.

Ardem
August 18th, 2020, 15:10
Was great to help a fellow GM get to grips with FG, I am always available to anyone that needs to compare notes or interested how I get the most out of a RM FG session. Hopefully I gave Griffon a great start, to get you running because we always use New DMs, I know there is a lot of players out there looking for games.

JohnD
August 18th, 2020, 16:59
Yes, more GMs and more Rolemaster games would be great.

Griffonbait
August 19th, 2020, 02:20
LOL - I have already touted your wonderful support to my group Ardem.

Thank you very much, again! - I may need more support as I input new spell lists that are part of Shadow World (Loremaster Base lists, possibly Navigators too).

Currently I am entering them into my current game campaign and will export just those lists, just to see how it goes.

Now, to only memorise the wealth of information!

Griffonbait
August 19th, 2020, 02:23
LOL - I have already touted your wonderful support to my group Ardem.

Thank you very much, again! - I may need more support as I input new spell lists that are part of Shadow World (Loremaster Base lists, possibly Navigators too).

Currently I am entering them into my current game campaign and will export just those lists, just to see how it goes.

Now, to only memorise the wealth of information!

Griffonbait
August 19th, 2020, 08:27
Attn Ardem.

I notice that Rolemaster Classic ruleset is now version 2.1.12. FRP Ext is for RMC 2.1.8. Not sure if this matters.

I have found one addition error - they are mounting up, but it is unclear whether they are FGU specific (e.g. the Dabbler spell lists mentioned above).

This new error is based on Power Points on the front page of the character sheet and how it is calculated based on a multiplier.

My latest character build has PPDev skill of +166, and is wearing a x4 PP Multiplier as an item. The front page indicates a x1 only, but the PP equal 498, not 664 as it should.

Also, I have removed the multiplier and put in an adder, but this change is not reflected in the Spell Adder superscript number either.

Images attached:

38647 38648
38649 38650

Dakadin
August 19th, 2020, 16:33
Hi Griffonbait,

Did you equip the adder or multiplier on the Combat tab since I didn't see it in the screenshots?

Dakadin

Griffonbait
August 20th, 2020, 01:41
on the combat tab - lemme look

Griffonbait
August 20th, 2020, 02:17
ok - I didn't, but it is there now.

Now I am confused with the Total PP in the front page box.

I have a PPDev skill Total of 51 with the calc column set to PP. 51 is my total PP without a multiplier, right? - unless I am missing something.

with a x4 mult that should equal 204, but it is giving me 492.

Even without the item as a mult, it is giving me 123, not 51 Total PP. I just cannot reconcile the differences.

PPDev skill: 38670

Front page: 38671

Without Multiplier: 38673

Any ideas??

Cheers.

Dakadin
August 20th, 2020, 02:50
That's strange. Ardem might need to answer how it all fits together for RMFRP but the next thing I would check is if the Option to use Power Point Development is turned on in the Optional Rules section. If it isn't at least in RMC then it is multiplying the level by the stat's PP value.

DodjerArtfell
August 20th, 2020, 13:33
I'm messing around with the extension (awesome stuff) rolling up a Dwarf Fighter. I noted the cat bonus for Artistic active is -4321. (Most) Dwarves defintely have a low empathy but...seems a bit extreme :-) I'm on Unity

Edit: it's actually the bonus in the level column. And looking down further there are level bonuses for many other skills that are incorretc.

DodjerArtfell
August 20th, 2020, 14:59
For the FRP extension, the stat bonuses are dividing the three bonuses by three. For FRP rules, the stat bonus is less by a third approximately and the modifiers for each skill should be added together: i.e. a melee skill with a +7 total stat bonus for strength and a +2 total stat bonus for Ag would yield a total of 16 (7+7+2) not 5 (7+7+2 = 16/3 = 5.33..)

Griffonbait
August 25th, 2020, 05:32
On character sheet Spells tab.

Spell modifier on SCM - Helmet, Hands, Voice mods not working of Channeling/Essence user (Sorcerer).

I have checked other pure/semi-pure/hybrids and all appear to have issues with: most things.

It appears that the Offensive Capabilities Table T-3.5, RMFRP, p.211, has not been included in calculating penalties for Basic, Directed and Area spells, but that the Basic, Bolt, and Ball tables' modifiers have been considered.

- Unless I am doing it all wrong!??

In the example below, I have given the sorcerer a Metal Helmet in the Spells tab, this should effect the Modifier on the right, but it is not. The Plate Helm is assigned in the Combat Tab as being worn.

Spells Tab: 38799

Combat Tab: 38800

Thanks again for all the hard work you guys are putting into this project. 

Ardem
September 10th, 2020, 03:56
New Version of the FRP.ext only.

Fixed an issue where the Powerpoints were not calculating correctly for FRP

Options ChL #01 and CHL #16 have been disabled as these do not apply to FRP.

Griffonbait
September 14th, 2020, 07:21
Thanks Ardem!

Samzagas
October 6th, 2020, 05:23
I just came across an issue whilst using this extension. The skills that use the "Combined" progression don't seem to actually work. No rank bonus is ever calculated and no bonus are taken into account either, the total of ranks + stats +bonuses always remains at 0, even if I modify the rank bonus myself.

Ardem
October 6th, 2020, 05:27
@Samzagas Hmm strange it is working for me are you using FGU or FGC?

Hmm I see it not working in FGU but it is with FGC, I will look into it

Samzagas
October 6th, 2020, 05:35
Sadly, the issue is in both.
Also, just to be sure I updated everything and re-downloaded the extension plus the modules.

Ardem
October 6th, 2020, 07:50
After testing I found it was working fine in FGC (not sure your issue there) however I found it was not working in FGU.

Fixed 1.15 .ext can be download an overwrite current frp.ext.

For those interested:
There has either been a core rpg or FGU update that had broken it, With extensions you try and minimise the code you bring across and only bring what is required. There is certain elements where a xml calls a script locally not a global script. In the past this looked at the the extension location for the script and throw up errors if it was not there, so you copied the .lua file across to replace, you also did not need to include this line in a merge="join" addition.

However as usual code changes either on purpose or accidentally and the big wigs break stuff and I had to hunt for 3 hours working out what is broken. There is no error message because it can see code but its now the RMC code not my modified code, and I have to basically hunt for this function by function until I realised what was going on. 3 FRIGGEN HOURS! and I find we now need to add call script code. That one little line below in bold.

<windowclass name="charsheet_skillwindow" merge="join">
<sizelimits>
<minimum>
<height>20</height>
</minimum>
<maximum>
<height>20</height>
</maximum>
</sizelimits>
<script file="campaign/scripts/charsheet_skillwindow.lua" />
<sheetdata>

On a side note since RMC still has old code I would recommend Dakadin not to have locally called scripts from XML and always use global scripts, they just create too may issues for extensions.

Samzagas
October 6th, 2020, 17:17
It's now working as intended, thanks Ardem.

Griffonbait
October 6th, 2020, 23:21
Well done Ardem. Thank you again for all your efforts in keeping this extension up to date. It is most appreciated.

Dakadin
October 6th, 2020, 23:27
On a side note since RMC still has old code I would recommend Dakadin not to have locally called scripts from XML and always use global scripts, they just create too may issues for extensions.

Ardem, you can't just have global scripts because you need to call the code from somewhere. The local scripts are attached to the windows and controls so they can automate them. The local scripts would then call the global scripts. I've moved quite a bit to global scripts but that was so that it would be easier to make rule specific changes like you are doing for RMFRP. I basically tried to move most of the code to scripts that are rules related.

Ardem
October 7th, 2020, 04:53
Hi Dakadin,

When I am talking global scripts, I am talking about the scripts that are loaded in base.xml and then called such like Rule_PC.functionname()

I am not sure any limitation in these script choices but I could be wrong. Either way I now know what to watch out for, if this problem rises again.

Ardem
October 9th, 2020, 13:06
Version 2.16 is available.

Scroll bars now added the the Category and Secondary Skill Tables, this will help the FGU issue not seeing all the skills and make it easier to find skills in both versions.

This version is thanks the Griffonbait, hope you like it.

Samzagas
October 11th, 2020, 01:57
I just noticed a small detail when transcribing a character from paper to FG, it seems like then encumbrance penalties used are those from RMC and not RMFRP.
(Tested in Classic and Unity)

Also, for some reason in FGC, both the skills and skill categories are benefiting from the attribute bonuses.

Ardem
October 11th, 2020, 10:17
Will look into it thanks.

Are you sure on this
"Also, for some reason in FGC, both the skills and skill categories are benefiting from the attribute bonuses."

Can you provide a screenie

Griffonbait
October 11th, 2020, 13:15
I am assuming you mean Stat Bonuses when referring to attribute bonuses. If so, Samzagas, I am not seeing that issue. In fact 2.15/16 fixed the skill issues that I had seen up to that point.

I have found one new categories/skills issue in the Spells sections:

All spell categories and skills have a calculation error when skill ranks are from 21-30. See pic.

The Limited progression is: 0 • 1 • 1 • 0.5 • 0 So at Lvl 20 a PC would have 20 skill bonus and at 30 the bonus will max out to be 25. You can see in the pic that the Rank Bonus value of +25 first appears at ranks 31 and that lvls 21-30 have used something weird for the calculated bonus - there is an extra +10 in there. ranks 21 should have a rank bonus of 20; 22 a bonus of 21; 23 a bonus of 21; 24 a bonus of 22, etc, up to ranks 29 a bonus of 24, and 30 that has 25, which is the max.

I haven't checked if all other progressions suffer a similar issue. Finding the issue was happenstance, teaching a player about the Limited progression.

And a very minor issue:

Mispelling skill: Spatial Loocation Awareness - must have something to do with men and their accuracy to aim at the toilet wall/carriage wheel/tree/bowl/etc. ;)

Cheers.

Samzagas
October 11th, 2020, 17:54
Ok, here is an image of the issue I was talking about.
As you can see, the character is benefiting from the attribute bonuses in all skills and skill categories. Also, just to recapitulate, this only happens in Classic.

Ardem
October 12th, 2020, 05:51
Can you screen shot your chat window on load what version are you using, because this is definitely not what I see on my version, or even previous versions.

What happens when you cycle through the Calc, as it should change the layouts, even for manual or NA or Ltd

Ardem
October 12th, 2020, 07:37
Ok I see the issue it is not adding the stats it just on pushing the skill dev button is re displaying the stats, which I have hidden.

If you close the character sheet and reopen it rehide them, but I can see if can stop it from display them, when clicking the SkillDev button.

------------------------

I am not sure why it doing this but it a graphic glitch, it not impacting the totals. For now my recommendation is after going into StatDev is close the character sheet and reopen.

Although looking at your issue I am not sure you number figures are a bit all over the place, so something else might be going on with you. Samzagas make sure you have the latest version.

Here is my screenies, of how it should be and the SkillDev graphic bug.

Ardem
October 12th, 2020, 09:31
I am assuming you mean Stat Bonuses when referring to attribute bonuses. If so, Samzagas, I am not seeing that issue. In fact 2.15/16 fixed the skill issues that I had seen up to that point.

I have found one new categories/skills issue in the Spells sections:

All spell categories and skills have a calculation error when skill ranks are from 21-30. See pic.

The Limited progression is: 0 • 1 • 1 • 0.5 • 0 So at Lvl 20 a PC would have 20 skill bonus and at 30 the bonus will max out to be 25. You can see in the pic that the Rank Bonus value of +25 first appears at ranks 31 and that lvls 21-30 have used something weird for the calculated bonus - there is an extra +10 in there. ranks 21 should have a rank bonus of 20; 22 a bonus of 21; 23 a bonus of 21; 24 a bonus of 22, etc, up to ranks 29 a bonus of 24, and 30 that has 25, which is the max.

I haven't checked if all other progressions suffer a similar issue. Finding the issue was happenstance, teaching a player about the Limited progression.

And a very minor issue:

Mispelling skill: Spatial Loocation Awareness - must have something to do with men and their accuracy to aim at the toilet wall/carriage wheel/tree/bowl/etc. ;)

Cheers.

Fixed Limited thanks for that nice pick up.

Samzagas
October 12th, 2020, 20:12
It seems like it was a one time thing, I haven't been able to replicate the error. I'll post an update if it happens again.

Griffonbait
October 14th, 2020, 20:05
Ok, here is an image of the issue I was talking about.
As you can see, the character is benefiting from the attribute bonuses in all skills and skill categories. Also, just to recapitulate, this only happens in Classic.

I am not seeing this either.

Griffonbait
October 14th, 2020, 20:07
It seems like it was a one time thing, I haven't been able to replicate the error. I'll post an update if it happens again.

Your skills window looks all correct to me!

Ardem
October 14th, 2020, 23:48
New version 2.17, these are the issues fixed

-the PowerPoints Rank Bonus reset each time you open the character window or makes a change
-Limited progression formula fixed
-UI fix CT Bonus is now grey instead of Black

Also a New FRPrules .mod file as I missed juggling, and sculpting and a spelling mistake.

Griffonbait
October 15th, 2020, 12:56
Thanks again Ardem!

Griffonbait
October 15th, 2020, 13:08
Hey Ardem, any chance you can put the version number at the end of the files. eg. FRP2.17.ext, FRPRules2.17 - it makes no difference to FGU, but it keeps me sane when looking at past version files to delete. I am already doing it myself as I save them, I thought it might be useful to others so that they know they have the right versions installed.

Cheers.

Samzagas
October 16th, 2020, 05:23
Sorry to bother again, but I just wanted to call attention to a small issue I've found.
The character sheets are still using the RM2/RMC weight penalties instead of the RMSS/RMFRP ones, here are a couple of screenshots.

Ardem
October 27th, 2020, 10:37
OK I think I fixed the issue with weights, if it is wrong let me know. DL 2.18 front page

Oh yeah there is a reason i am not naming the FRP2.18 and so forth, because guaranteed, someone come in once they download it and have two copy in the ext and not get rid of the other one and click on the wrong copy etc and make it hard to problem solve.

If you want please go ahead Download and rename the version after your download it if it helps you out just remember to get rid of the previous version.

Samzagas
October 27th, 2020, 18:50
Thanks, seems to be working fine.

voigh
November 4th, 2020, 02:03
Hello, do you already have smooth stats.ext ?

rdenning
November 22nd, 2020, 12:33
HI guys. Playing around with thhis extension to get some rolemaster going with my group. Can I ask
1. Everyman/occupational/ restricted skills/ are in RMSS. Are they in RMFRP and if so how does it work in this ext?
2. professional bonus - do you have to add manually as they dont seem to show up when I have selected a profession?
3. Combat skills and spell lists. Do you add these using add new skill and then allocate to the relevant category?
4.I am loading the FRP races module along with the others as pecified on he first page of this thread. Are the races supposed to add in ranks from adolescence rank table t 1.5 (RMSS) or should we add those manually?
5. Is there a 'manual' for the extension for chaps of little brain like I?

Great work Ardem!

Griffonbait
November 23rd, 2020, 17:11
HI guys. Playing around with thhis extension to get some rolemaster going with my group. Can I ask
1. Everyman/occupational/ restricted skills/ are in RMSS. Are they in RMFRP and if so how does it work in this ext?
2. professional bonus - do you have to add manually as they dont seem to show up when I have selected a profession?
3. Combat skills and spell lists. Do you add these using add new skill and then allocate to the relevant category?
4.I am loading the FRP races module along with the others as pecified on he first page of this thread. Are the races supposed to add in ranks from adolescence rank table t 1.5 (RMSS) or should we add those manually?
5. Is there a 'manual' for the extension for chaps of little brain like I?

Great work Ardem!

1. These are done manually, I get my players to record the OER specific skills in their char sheet notes.

2. Yes, add them manually - but they only go in the categories row, not the skills - there a few exceptions to this, PP Dev, Body Dev, and any skills that are calculated with the combined progression ("Cmb." is in the Calc. Column for each skill, and the Category is "Ltd." in same column - this is because the categories are not included in the calculation of the skills. It is not a perfect match up with how RMSS/FRP ruleset calculates totals, but it works.

3. You could add them manually, and for new skills you may want to do this if homebrewing, but it is easier to follow the process below:

A - Instruct your players to choose/allocate their weapon categories 1-7 (listed as "-Weapon . Skill 1" through to "-Weapon . Skill 7") before proceeding and making any changes. The leading "-" indicates it is a category.

B - To set "-Weapon . Skill 1" as the primary weapon category for say, 1-H Edged weapons:

Click the red Iron Crown symbol to the left of the category name - a small window will pop up
Change the title in the window to be "-Weapon . 1-H Edged" by simply highlighting/deleting just the "Skill 1" bit and typing in 1-H Edged instead. DO NOT HIT ENTER - it has the potential to mess things up!
Make sure Type = "Offense Bonus" and Group = "Weapon . Skill 1"
Type in the appropriate stats: melee weapons - St/Ag/St; missile/thrown weapons - Ag/St/Ag; missile artillery - In/Ag/Re
Close the category window
Do this for all 7 weapon categories

The benefit of doing this now is to save you work later. Now you ...

C - Drag the Iron Crown symbol beside the weapon category text, above or below the category and when you release the mouse, the category will be copied. (It won't work if you try to drag the text)
D - Click the "Ctg." letters in the Calc. column to change it to "Std." - note this changes the category to be regarded as a skill
E - Again Click the Iron Crown symbol to the left of the category name, deleting the entire pop up window's title, say "-Weapon . 1-H Edged" and type in the weapon name you intend to use "Dagger", "Short Sword", etc. DO NOT HIT ENTER, just close the window - now you have a skill called "Dagger" or whatever the weapon's name is. The skill will now always sit underneath its appropriate category heading and its stats you have already set up earlier.
F - For each weapon intended to be used, you can simply copy the first weapon skill you made for that category and change its title in the little pop up window, say from Dagger to Longsword.
G - Do parts C-F for each weapon category you have a weapon intended to be used

Note: Spell skills for their associated lists are created in the same way - copy category and change to a skill, along with a title change to be the spell list name.

4. You do it manually

5. No - sorry

If you want a free tutorial, DM me on Discord (see below)

Have fun!

Griffonbait
November 23rd, 2020, 17:30
Hey Ardem,

How do I create my own attacks or add in a different attack for a creature?

- I cannot modify existing attacks a creature has after making a copy of it - clicking on the Iron Crown symbol does nothing - nor can I drag attacks from one mob to another

- When I add my own attack, I can click and open it, select Type (Natural Weapon), but I cannot select the Table Name or Max Rank/Size fields - the dropdown lists don't work. Crit Table drop down works tho.

- I am trying to make a small drake creature based on a Lesser Drake and give it a M Bite attack rather than a L Bite attack.

Actually, now I am trying to create any weapon item and the same dropdown lists for Table Name & Max Rank/Size are not working at all.

Can you please look into this?

Cheers.

rdenning
November 23rd, 2020, 18:01
Excellent thankyou. I think I ahve 'just about' blundered about (my usual technque with tech/It) and worked that process out. BUt I may get in touch/ I assume BTW that training packages are not supported by this ext not talents and flaws - again a manual fudge wuld be needed?

Griffonbait
November 24th, 2020, 11:53
Correct - I use training packages via the rulebooks and get my players to implement any skills, etc. Anything that is gained - eg items, are recorded in their inventory, of course, and anything else like contacts and other non-ruleset defined things eg. OER skills, are simply stated in their char notes.

I get my players to record all their BGO spending, as well as the BGOs that are spent on TPs - that way you get a complete dev history of the character.

rdenning
November 24th, 2020, 21:58
thanks for that.
One weird issue.
I have loaded FRP modules Race, spells, rules and creatures and monsters and I aheve the FRP ext loaded.
I can craete magic using characters fine but with one issue.
I am trying to create an attack for shick bolt in the combat tab I get and arror saying a moudle is not loaded. Any thoughts why?

Dakadin
November 25th, 2020, 05:47
Hi rdenning,

That is because the extension isn't overwriting those buttons. The Spell Attacks button is trying to open information in the RMC Spell Law module. the Martial Arts button is doing the same thing but with RMC Arms Law. I don't think either of those modules is intended to be loaded with the RMFRP extension.

Dakadin

rdenning
November 25th, 2020, 11:29
OK so to setup an attack for directed spells for RMFRP. (Light bolt, fire bolt etc) do I add new to the combat page and fill in the blanks- name, skill, attack table etc.

I guess I need to do something similiar for base attacks like sleep ?

(I am using the Rolemaster rule set (selected when I choose load/ run campaign).
I have the RMFRP modules loaded NOT the RMC versions. So I have Rolemaster FRP Rules, FRP Spell Law, FRP arms law, FRP Races, Creatures and Monsters, the Armoury and Fantasy weapons loaded. I DONT have Spell Law, Arms Law or Character law modules loaded)
I have the RMFRP ext ticked.)

Dakadin
November 25th, 2020, 16:13
You can create them manually. They are just the names with the attack table and rank/size set for them.

But I would just load up RMC Spell Law or RMC Arms Law and open the Items sidebar on the right. Drag one of each to there which makes a copy of the spell attack or martial arts attack. If you want your PCs to have access to them just right click each copy and share it. Then you can close the RMC Arms Law and Spell Law modules.

Griffonbait
December 8th, 2020, 22:17
Hi Ardem, any comments on my post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58404-Rolemaster-FRP-Extension-2-1&p=558789&viewfull=1#post558789 ?

Dakadin
December 8th, 2020, 23:15
Hi Griffonbait,

Do you happen to be using the Player Agency extension? If so there is a conflict that is preventing the drop downs from working properly.

Dakadin

Griffonbait
December 10th, 2020, 12:24
Yes, I am. Any advice on how to fix it? Just disable PA and add what I want, then re-enable PA? I love PA, as does my players.

Thanks Dakadin.

Dakadin
December 10th, 2020, 21:06
That might be the best approach until it gets fixed.

If I remember correctly, you have some programming experience so here is a bit more information. Basically it's a template in the extension that matches one in CoreRPG so it is overwriting the one that the RMC ruleset is inheriting from CoreRPG. I believe the template is label_column. You could try just renaming all instances of label_column including the definition in the extension and see if that fixes it for you. I seem to remember it fixed it for me when I did some testing a few months ago.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Dakadin

Griffonbait
December 12th, 2020, 06:15
Cheers

Ardem
December 14th, 2020, 02:45
Hey Ardem,

- I cannot modify existing attacks a creature has after making a copy of it - clicking on the Iron Crown symbol does nothing - nor can I drag attacks from one mob to another

- When I add my own attack, I can click and open it, select Type (Natural Weapon), but I cannot select the Table Name or Max Rank/Size fields - the dropdown lists don't work. Crit Table drop down works tho.

- I am trying to make a small drake creature based on a Lesser Drake and give it a M Bite attack rather than a L Bite attack.

Actually, now I am trying to create any weapon item and the same dropdown lists for Table Name & Max Rank/Size are not working at all.

Cheers.

Sorry about this not even been looking in here been busy with work stuff, Anyone can get my attention is if urgent by a direct message to Ardem#4756.

FGC works ok tested it.

FGC works ok tested it.

FGC works ok tested it.

Must be a FGU thing will test it shortly

Ardem
December 14th, 2020, 03:45
Ok worked with Dakadin, in FGU, I do not beleive it is FRP code as I have no code around this area, we both did find a flaw, however it is not consistent. It is as you described above in not getting access however a reload and it worked without an issue.

So I am not sure, at this stage dakadin is looking into it.

Ardem
December 14th, 2020, 04:20
That might be the best approach until it gets fixed.

If I remember correctly, you have some programming experience so here is a bit more information. Basically it's a template in the extension that matches one in CoreRPG so it is overwriting the one that the RMC ruleset is inheriting from CoreRPG. I believe the template is label_column. You could try just renaming all instances of label_column including the definition in the extension and see if that fixes it for you. I seem to remember it fixed it for me when I did some testing a few months ago.

Thanks,
Dakadin

I just check what i changed in PA to get mine working well was only one line.

template_world.xml

under <template name="ft_column_labeled_world">

changed <right offset="-18" /> to <right offset="-20" />

However that was with PA 1.11, will need to check with 1.12 shortly.

Seem fine to me as well.

----------------------------

Ignore that, that was just for the lock circle to show properly. Yeah I never did fix the drop downs due to player agency. i was hoping that he would fix it up the chain.

Ardem
December 15th, 2020, 00:43
Ok a new version of FRP.EXT is out this is only for the new RMC v2.1.21 see the first page for the links.

You must also download and overwrite the FRP Rules.mod as well, otherwise you will have errors.

This version will allow people to make new professions and save them. The only profession currently in this build is the Core and Character Law professions.

Make sure RMC Character Law is turned off there is no reason you need this module loaded.

-Fixed a tiny bug as Horticulture and Juggling were named incorrectly, they are now included in the skill list properly.

Ardem
December 15th, 2020, 02:38
Hello, do you already have smooth stats.ext ?

Sorry I do not have a smooth stats .ext

Ardem
December 15th, 2020, 07:27
Ok made a new version, New version is 2.20.

Spell Attacks in Character Combat Window can now be chosen, using the FRP Spell Law.mod and Realm Button in the spell windows also looks at the FRP spell Law not Spell Law.

No need to load RMC Spell Law now and best if you don't.

Also download and overwrite with the new version of FRP spell Law mod and FRP Rules.mod

thanks @rdenning for letting me know the issue.

rdenning
December 15th, 2020, 17:21
Cool -looks to be working nicely. Assume we would still manually create a skill called shock bolt under directed spells and make that the attack skill?

bubonicone
December 16th, 2020, 21:21
ok figured out what the problem is ... even though the rule book allows up to 102 stats you have it 01-100 and once you hit the 101 the stat rises to the +30 and 102 goes to +35. otherwise the stats apply normally at +10 for 100?!?!?!42086

any chance you can fix this.. and if your wondering why his stats are so high look at his level ... and consider him a BBEG!

Dakadin
December 17th, 2020, 22:52
Hey Ardem,

Cheers.

Hi Griffonbait,

This should be resolved with FGU 4.0.5 that was released today. I won't be able to test it for a few hours but thought I would pass it on.

Dakadin

Dakadin
December 18th, 2020, 03:53
I did a few tests and it is working in FGU v4.0.5 now.

Griffonbait
December 20th, 2020, 23:42
Ok made a new version, New version is 2.20.

Spell Attacks in Character Combat Window can now be chosen, using the FRP Spell Law.mod and Realm Button in the spell windows also looks at the FRP spell Law not Spell Law.

No need to load RMC Spell Law now and best if you don't.

Also download and overwrite with the new version of FRP spell Law mod and FRP Rules.mod

thanks @rdenning for letting me know the issue.

Thanks Ardem, your efforts are much appreciated!

Your's too, Dakadin, thanks!

Griffonbait
December 21st, 2020, 00:51
Hi Griffonbait,

This should be resolved with FGU 4.0.5 that was released today. I won't be able to test it for a few hours but thought I would pass it on.

Dakadin

The fix in the dropdown lists isn't working for me. (21/12/2020)

Griffonbait
December 21st, 2020, 01:51
Missing character sheets - XP tab??

Dakadin
December 21st, 2020, 06:29
The fix in the dropdown lists isn't working for me. (21/12/2020)

That fix wasn't for the drop down list but was for the links not opening the attacks on NPCs. The drop down list issue is a template from CoreRPG that is being overwritten so it is causing the drop down list icon to get overlapped so you can't click on it. Did you try the updates to the extension that Ardem and I posted? You should only need one of them though.

Ardem
December 23rd, 2020, 08:22
@bubonicone

Will need to check on this I did some code for someone else due to an optional rule. But I not sure where the +30 comes into it. What other mods or extensions do you have loaded.

Ardem
December 23rd, 2020, 08:26
@griffonbait what is wrong with the xp tab?

I just opened up FGU and can see the XP tab and it seems to work

Ardem
December 23rd, 2020, 08:29
@griffonbait also test the dropdown fix from Dakadin and it works for me in FGU.

Hmmm for argument sake I would try a new campaign just seem if it works there. Talking about the opening atatcks the dropdown issue, is to do with playeragency I hoping that be fixed soon.

bubonicone
December 25th, 2020, 02:19
@bubonicone

Will need to check on this I did some code for someone else due to an optional rule. But I not sure where the +30 comes into it. What other mods or extensions do you have loaded.

I'm not using any other extensions just the frp one... frankly i didn't even know till a day or 2 ago that there were more extensions for rmc LOL!

Majyk
December 25th, 2020, 02:42
Hi Ardem, the issue that I can confirm for the 101+ stat is reading what the bonus would actually be in RMC vs a +2 Stat bonus for every 2 over 100, so it is posting the proper bonus for it from an RMSS/FRP perspective and ramping up from there.

Griffonbait
December 25th, 2020, 16:00
@griffonbait what is wrong with the xp tab?

I just opened up FGU and can see the XP tab and it seems to work

It wsa working two weeks ago but not now after updates from FGU and FRP files.

I do get one error popping up, not sure if it is from any of your files: [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/rules_pc.lua"]:569: attempt to index a nil value

This is what I am getting for my PCs:

Also all the Calc. column values have disappeared - no more Ctg., Cmb. - just Std. and "Base" Hits, PP are still there. See below:

Hope this stuff helps you.

Maybe I should uninstall FGU and reinstall it. It has fixed issues in the past.

Cheers.

Ardem
December 26th, 2020, 01:06
New version loaded 2.21

Fix the Stat bonus over 100 that was not working correctly, after version RMC 2.21??

Ardem
December 26th, 2020, 01:09
Hi Ardem, the issue that I can confirm for the 101+ stat is reading what the bonus would actually be in RMC vs a +2 Stat bonus for every 2 over 100, so it is posting the proper bonus for it from an RMSS/FRP perspective and ramping up from there.

I do know that, just was confused as I fixed this ages ago, but found the issue it was additional code put in for RMC Companion I which caused some issues for FRP

Ardem
December 26th, 2020, 01:15
It wsa working two weeks ago but not now after updates from FGU and FRP files.

I do get one error popping up, not sure if it is from any of your files: [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/rules_pc.lua"]:569: attempt to index a nil value

This is what I am getting for my PCs:

Also all the Calc. column values have disappeared - no more Ctg., Cmb. - just Std. and "Base" Hits, PP are still there. See below:

Hope this stuff helps you.

Maybe I should uninstall FGU and reinstall it. It has fixed issues in the past.

Cheers.

I am not sure as this is all working on my version of FGU, I would make sure you only have one version of the FGU.ext or unzipped version in the extension folder and also make sure you have only one version of the Rolemaster classic.pak and no unzipped folder versions. That always tend to be my problems if I have an issue.

If anyone else can tell me if it is working in FGU for them would be great.

Is FRP the only extension your running in a test file.

Griffonbait
December 26th, 2020, 20:20
I am not sure as this is all working on my version of FGU, I would make sure you only have one version of the FGU.ext or unzipped version in the extension folder and also make sure you have only one version of the Rolemaster classic.pak and no unzipped folder versions. That always tend to be my problems if I have an issue.

I will check it out.

Thanks.

Griffonbait
December 27th, 2020, 11:58

Yep, it is working. I suspect I may not have had the FRP.ext file selected - not sure, but now it is working. Sorry to cause concern when it wasn't needed.

Cheers.

rdenning
December 27th, 2020, 13:47
I am puzzled with Body development. I have a High Man magician I am creating
According to the chats in RMSS (which I assume are the same in FRP) High Men have a progression of 0-7-5-3-1
I have 4 ranks so would epxect a rank bonus of 28.
It is giving me a rank bonus of 12. Are we something wrong?

Ardem
December 28th, 2020, 05:27
So FRP/RMSS is the following

Body Development skill bonus
= 10 + (2 x Co stat bonus) + SD stat bonus
+ profession bonus + skill rank bonus
+ any special bonuses

Until we see some extra fields in race (Dakadin hint hint, however not sure if RMC has different race progression if so maybe I might put them in) you need to add the HP in manually, in the RK Bn column.

The reason is it 12 is because you might have scroll through the Calc fields and 12 was the last calculation it made, it does not update if it is on hits and you need to manually edit the RK Bn field.

10+ 14 + Skill rank bonus which is 28 which you not put in yet, so you should see something around 52 for your total.

P.S. The +10 is automatically included in the hard code, just need to add any professional bonus

Griffonbait
December 28th, 2020, 14:54
Gotta love those random loot generators!!!!

While playing with random monster generation I found that lots of creatures have missing Code entries for: Level, Constitution, Treasure and/or Bonus EP.

The dice rolling works, but I cannot implement the roll (drag the value from the chat output to the field) unless I copy a creature entry for editing. Strangely enough I can enter a PC level and if the Level code for Bonus EP is present, I do get a value.

Lastly in the random encounter generation, the "Sighted by other group" result - does that mean that the PCs notice they have been spotted by, say wild boar, OR that the PCs don't know they have been spotted - but as GM I do know, OR the PC sight the other group (the wild boars, say) and that the boars don't know they have been spotted?

For over 30 yrs I have always taken the first situation I mention, but I am thinking now that it is more likely the second because there is no actual "encounter" until you get into the 91+ result range - a 10% chance that has always been the case - I would like to hear your thoughts - anybody?.

Cheers.

rdenning
December 28th, 2020, 23:09
Thanks Ardem re Body Dev
Two other issues

1. My wife is making a Cleric. She craeted spell list/ skills for two of her open lists (by dragging and dropping the category and then going in and editing the name etc). Then she tried to do this with Cleric base lists and got a weird error.
This happened when she clicked on the copies
I tried same with a mage I was making and I could create the mage base lists as skills fine.

2// I see there is a spell casting bonus/ penality calculator on the spell tab/ Does this work in FRP? It does not seem to calculate the correct bonuses eg:

Ardem
December 29th, 2020, 05:35
1/ Well looked at it I cannot replicate, once again make sure your do not have multiple of the same FRP extension or unpacked folders in extension folder and not double of the rolemaster.pak file or folders in the ruleset folder.

The more I think about this the more likely it seem you have more the one FRP.ext in your Extension folder, or an unpacked version please make sure it void of other FRP versions.

2/ it sure does work, what do you think is incorrect.

Not sure what your caster rank is as that is the only thing I cannot see however this is what i got based on a level 1 char.

Can anyone else replicate this issue?

Ardem
December 29th, 2020, 15:12
Well rdenning I have sorted out a solution for automatic Body development points

I want to test it further before I release in two days I think, however added 4 new fields to the race section, which is then used for working out based on the number of ranks the Rankbonus.

Well off to bed for me happy with my efforts <smile>

-----------

Yes before you ask it probably means I could do automatic powerpoint development as well, but will require more thought. But its now on the list.

Ardem
December 30th, 2020, 14:04
@rdenning had a thought is that magic user wearing any armour, I recheck the spell code and it definately seems fine but people forget the armour peanlty say if they are wearing leather, which can be a -20 or higher if wearing chain.

rdenning
December 30th, 2020, 16:05
@rdenning had a thought is that magic user wearing any armour, I recheck the spell code and it definately seems fine but people forget the armour peanlty say if they are wearing leather, which can be a -20 or higher if wearing chain.

Clever man. It was a character I was playinga round with to see how stuff worked and at some stage gave him Full Plate (would never do that of course to a 'real' mage character). I had made it active on the combat tab to see how DB worked and forgot about it . Just taken that off TADA!

BTW never did sort that cleric issue but in the end I deleted the spell lists that threw up the error and created a new one by copying another realm base list category, corrected it all / renamed it and then copied it and it workes so I suspect some weird copy/ paste error when I first copied the skill.

rdenning
December 30th, 2020, 16:14
Can I ask a follow up question about the spells tab as opposed to skills.

We can add spell lists to spell tab which allows a quick look up of spells but if you use the SCM calculator and double click that and then click say Light law with 2 ranks ir rolls a % and adds the SCM modifir on corrcetly (the one we were talking about), but it does not add on the bonus you get from skill ranks or attribute:

Are you supposed to use the SCM calculator to get that bonus right and then toggle accross to skills and fire off the roll from there:

Ardem
December 31st, 2020, 02:19
New Version 2.22 Upload check the front page.

Download the new FRP.ext and replace and download the new FRPRaces.mod and replace.

Changes
- Automatic Body Development calculated in the skills tab
- Race Section has 4 new fields which is the 4 different rank additions for body development
- Fix a small error where a hybrid essence/channelling caster was not get a +5 for using two hands
- Put a break out for a bug where if you have two categories the same it can potentially get stuck in a loop crashing the host, it will now warn you you have two categories the same in chat.

FRP race mod has all the 4 new Body development ranks included for Core and Character Law races, required for the 2.22 extension else you will get 0 body development rank points.

----

For existing campaigns, I would recommend
- going through each character and reapply the race by changing the race and changing it back
- removing all the characters from the combat tracker and readding them.

Ardem
December 31st, 2020, 02:24
Can I ask a follow up question about the spells tab as opposed to skills.

We can add spell lists to spell tab which allows a quick look up of spells but if you use the SCM calculator and double click that and then click say Light law with 2 ranks ir rolls a % and adds the SCM modifir on corrcetly (the one we were talking about), but it does not add on the bonus you get from skill ranks or attribute:

Are you supposed to use the SCM calculator to get that bonus right and then toggle accross to skills and fire off the roll from there:

- Where the dice is you manually put the skill points here (single click and add the number) and it will add it to the total.

- When you get the bonus right double click the modifier field and it will add numbers the modifier in the bottom left hand corner then you can roll, the dies on the scm spell tab without going into skills to roll.

- Also a good habit I do is to click the snap modifier on and off to make sure the modifier field has updated correctly on everything, as you might switch tabs etc just a final check it is correct.

------------------
Ardem

Discord: Ardem#4756
Teamspeak Server: ts3.varidan.com.au
Ultimate Licencse: FGC/FGU

Campaign Currently Running: Greenbrook Rolemaster FRP (https://discord.gg/kVqDnAmxhX) (Weekly Wednesday 8.00pm-11.00pm), YouTube Stream (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrEy3kvjMfUMownyE02Oo-tzsaoqFc-k7)

Game/Ruleset created: Extinction Event (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22859-Extinction-Event-Release&highlight=Extinction)
Extensions created: Rolemaster FRP (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58404-Rolemaster-FRP-Extension-2-1), XP Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58451-RMC-XP-Extension), Random Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17072-Random-Extension&highlight=extinction+event)

Griffonbait
December 31st, 2020, 06:56
New Version 2.22 Upload check the front page.

Download the new FRP.ext and replace and download the new FRPRaces.mod and replace.

Changes
- Automatic Body Development calculated in the skills tab
- Race Section has 4 new fields which is the 4 different rank additions for body development
- Fix a small error where a hybrid essence/channelling caster was not get a +5 for using two hands
- Put a break out for a bug where if you have two categories the same it can potentially get stuck in a loop crashing the host, it will now warn you you have two categories the same in chat.

FRP race mod has all the 4 new Body development ranks included for Core and Character Law races, required for the 2.22 extension else you will get 0 body development rank points.

----

For existing campaigns, I would recommend
- going through each character and reapply the race by changing the race and changing it back
- removing all the characters from the combat tracker and readding them.

Thankyou again for all your hard work!

DeChanterelle
January 7th, 2021, 06:48
Hi, we had our first run through as a party last night and (1) What an amazing extension this is - thank you!! (rdenning is our very long-standing (and long suffering) GM.

Reason for this post - is there a "dummies guide" to how to operate the XP tab? We couldn't quite work out what to put where and how the XP gets added as the form itself isn't that intuitive (so, for example is a D crit on something two levels higher record as a "3" in the D row and Normal column?)

Ardem
January 8th, 2021, 00:43
No Dummy guide but can step you through it.

I provided an image with numbers on it, if you view that and this post you should get the gist.

1 - Successful Static Maneuvers completed, each success you manually add one, so you might get 5-10 Medium Eps per session, it depends on whether the GM wants fast leveling or not as to what he awards EP too.

2 - This is the place you add the HIts you take away from the enemy in combat and hit the down arrow that gets added in to 3 HP Given which is not an editable field

3 - HP taken this is where you add the hits that you take in combat

5 - The number of foes you have KOed, Up to the Gm here if he wants you to put down Foe that your knocked out and then killed after combat or these are Foes that ultimately lived

6 - The number of foes you killed, via getting the last blow in, GM can change this if he likes to the person who did the most damage.

7 - Criticals given the the enemy where mutliple people are attacking the foe or have attacked the foe

8 - Criticals given to an unconcious or sleep foe

9 - Criticals given to a down Foe

10 Criticals give to a foe that is stunned

11 - Criticals given to a foe that only you have attacked and noone else has touched

12 Criticals given to a Large Foe

13 Criticals given to a Super Large Foe

14 Criticals you have taken

15 GM only see this, the points award to you by the kills you have made or FOes you have Koed this is a manual Field for the GM

16 Spell Eps one successful spells cast in combat or under duress

17 GM field only this is to award extra experience on the way

18 XP given for Travel distance, in the FRP book

19 As above only Dangerous areas

21 Quest EPs, if you do not want to use the party sheet quest section

22 Multiplier this is used how fast you want the group to level this is normally set to 1

23 Session total section used to add to this total and reset all the number to 0 after you finish a session

24 This total is used to set everything to 0 and add the total to the players XP

Ardem
January 8th, 2021, 00:46
Also to add normally for my players I do not tell them the level difference, but if you GM does then If the Creature is level 4 and you are level 2 then you would add the correct critically manually, in the correct field.

Example you have a Creature level 4 against a player level 2, the player hits the creature achieving a B critical, since he is the only one hitting it would be under B solo 2 points however if he hits it again and gets a B critical , he would manually add 2+2 and change to B Solo to a 4

With my group I just get them to add 1 level to the correct critical and if they already have 1 in the field it then goes to 2 etc etc.

I add more in the quest EP to account for this

bubonicone
January 8th, 2021, 11:20
Id like to try my hand at adding new classes and spell lists ...
anyone know a good tutorial for this? Reason I am asking here is because they are SS/FRP classes and not 2nd ed/classic ones.
and yes they are in one of the companions that FEW people use (so they will definitely be for personal use LOL!)

OH yeah will also need to figure out how to add in Arcane as a choice to realms of power
(yes these are from the arcane companion -- arcanist/wizard (arcane)/mage hunter and i may even do chaotic [a class that i DESPISE but will include for completionism purposes])

bubonicone
January 8th, 2021, 11:31
I see i can do part of this Right now but I have discovered that you cant enter the 4 prime stats ...
Arcane requires SD along with EM/IN/PR ... how to reconsile this with only 3 spots provided!?!?

bubonicone
January 8th, 2021, 13:14
ok going thru glyph lore is not listed in the school of hard knocks book (its in the essence companion/spell law 2 book) and is Lore - Magical
plus you have over looked sculpting is not listed

LOL i know im a pain!

rdenning
January 8th, 2021, 20:12
ARdem re the xp tab
OK that is helpful. Ta

Ardem
January 13th, 2021, 02:58
I missed one?? WHAT! BEhead me now.

I will check on it get back to you bub.

-------------------

Your right about Glyph Lore, I must of added it for someone, so this is a bonus. Happy to add others (Must be in a RMSS or FRP book though, not house ruled) if required just let me know.

Adding Sculpting now will release when I do a new update

bubonicone
January 15th, 2021, 14:37
yeah extra isnt a bad thing :) its a good thing!

now i really gotta someone get some help making Arcane spellcasters fully correct ... unfortunately they require em/in/pr AND SD so that's gonna have to be a major overhaul to implement i bet :(... sorry Dakadin ... you should have assumed someone was going to EVENTUALLY get around to arcane LOL! I'm gonna post this request under the patch part here in a bit too!

Dakadin
January 15th, 2021, 18:02
Haha! RMC doesn't have any professions with 4 prime stats so unfortunately Ardem gets to do that.

Dakadin
January 15th, 2021, 18:32
I'll see about adding an extra prime stat to RMC though :)

Griffonbait
January 21st, 2021, 23:08
I see i can do part of this Right now but I have discovered that you cant enter the 4 prime stats ...
Arcane requires SD along with EM/IN/PR ... how to reconsile this with only 3 spots provided!?!?

Bubonicone, can you give me the book and page number for the SD requirement info.

Cheers.

Dakadin
January 22nd, 2021, 00:00
It's at least the arcane professions in Arcane Companion starting on pg 33. I think they all have 4.

Ardem
January 22nd, 2021, 02:54
New Version 2.23 included on the front page

Changes include

FRPules.mod, fixes to missing Sculpting.

FRP.ext 2.23

Extra Skills data included, there is a magnifying glass that brings up the 'school of hard knocks data' to help GM and Players alike in extra description of skills and also difficulty modifiers. You may need to readd your skills to see these details as they come across when you add your skills.

Ardem
January 22nd, 2021, 02:56
On Prime Stats other then making sure that they put atleast 90 in the prime stat does it serve any other purpose?

Dakadin
January 22nd, 2021, 04:12
On Prime Stats other then making sure that they put atleast 90 in the prime stat does it serve any other purpose?

That is the only thing that I am aware of.

Griffonbait
January 23rd, 2021, 00:22
Thanks Dak.

Griffonbait
January 23rd, 2021, 00:25
New Version 2.23 included on the front page

Changes include

FRPules.mod, fixes to missing Sculpting.

FRP.ext 2.23

Extra Skills data included, there is a magnifying glass that brings up the 'school of hard knocks data' to help GM and Players alike in extra description of skills and also difficulty modifiers. You may need to readd your skills to see these details as they come across when you add your skills.

Thanks again Ardem.

Ardem
January 25th, 2021, 01:33
Version 2.24

This version only makes minor changes to be compatible with 2.23, when it get released in day or so.

Chorpa
January 28th, 2021, 09:38
Is it possible to add average stat bonus to skills instead of they just add together? Hybrid user are supposed to use the average of the spell using stats as their Realm Stat and average of three stats for Arcane users if I don't remember it incorrectly. Been searching the forums but can't find anything about this.

A hybrid spell user has two realm stats (see RMFRP, p. 14). His realm stat bonus is equal to the average of his two realm stat bonuses.

Ardem
January 28th, 2021, 10:45
I am thinking where you want to use this is in the skill section next to the spell skills and powerpoint. Currently the code does not allow that, in the way it put together. I will have a chat to dakadin and see if there is anything I can do, but off the top my head the only thing I can think of for you to get around this is not to put a realm stat in and manually add it under one of the special sections.

DeChanterelle
January 28th, 2021, 20:22
Hi, two of my Characters have a problem where the skills on the sheet and the skill tables seem to have become unlinked, this shows itself in two ways... (this started on 2.21 and still exists)
1) If I try and review the skills table from the PC I get the table headers with no rows, opening it from the library it's complete
2) (and more worrying) pressing the button to add back in unused primary and secondaries on the Skill Dev page doesn't do anything

Any suggestions on how to fix or, failing that, is there any easy way to print these characters out for me to try rebuilding them?

Thanks

skippern
February 16th, 2021, 11:25
I would like to help improving these extensions, since I am a lifetime supporter of RMSS. I have started working on a lib with RMSS data, tables, skills, etc, and would like to have this work merged between systems, etc. If collaboration is of interest feel free to contact me on DM. My aim is to make it so modular that you can combine modules, even modules that was not created to be compatible such as Spell Law <-> Black Ops, or Spell Law <-> Spacemaster: Privateers. I have almost all modules of RMSS as original paper copies, as well as much of the stuff from RMFRP, Black Ops, Pulp, etc. I think I have complete collection in PDF, but there might be some odd volumes missing there.

My lib project is a hidden project on GitLab, where we currently are two developers, one taking care of the technical part, and me taking care of the data part. With the right knobs and gears, the lib could convert directly to the file format needed in the extensions.

Ardem
February 23rd, 2021, 10:49
Updated to work with 2.25

Fix Error on rolling skills.

Griffonbait
March 1st, 2021, 16:08
Issue:

Paladin Base, Holy Healing - List is incorrect eg, Lvl 13 titled Holy Attack V in spell details, but should be Frost/Burn Relief III

also has 2 lvl 14 spells in spell descriptions, but ok in the list at top.

Thanks for the latest update!

Griffonbait
March 5th, 2021, 15:26
Add to above:

Party Sheet Issue - Main tab:

Primary Skills (Categories) and Secondary Skills (Skills) bottom right corner, are not listing the categories and skills other than for armor.

May be a result from the skills changes???

skippern
March 8th, 2021, 10:07
Add to above:

Party Sheet Issue - Main tab:

Primary Skills (Categories) and Secondary Skills (Skills) bottom right corner, are not listing the categories and skills other than for armor.

May be a result from the skills changes???

Primary/Secondary skills was used in RM2, and I think RMC have returned to this, I figured that this extension at current version uses the skill system of RMC.

Griffonbait
March 11th, 2021, 12:56
They used to work prior to the skills update - at least I am pretty sure I have used them.

Ardem
March 11th, 2021, 22:53
New version 2.26

Fixes Party Sheet being able to select all skills.

Griffonbait
March 14th, 2021, 05:46
Thanks Ardem.

Did you see my Paladin post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58404-Rolemaster-FRP-Extension-2-1&p=583391&viewfull=1#post583391

Ardem
March 15th, 2021, 00:18
Ok will fix paladin base list and release with a new update on Thursday. Coming up you can now rest and sleep from the combat tracker and will apply the correct hit removal. PP refreshes to 0 after a 6 hour sleep, because PP it tricky, I have not applied rest recovery for that yet.

Ardem
March 18th, 2021, 06:38
FRP Version 2.27

*New*
You can apply Rest in the Combat Tracker there is 2 types.
Resting 1,2,3 hours which applies the Con/2 Healingto damage & Sleep 3,6,9 hours which applies the Con*2 healing to damage.
If you apply for then 6 hours in Sleep then Powerpoints are refreshed to 0 used.

*Fixes*
Paladin text changes requested by Griffonbait completed

Channelling Open Spell Lists updated to FRP standards, this adds some extra spells to the list below that have an asterisk, else the lists of RMC and FRP are the same.

Barrier Wall*
Concussion Ways
Detection Mastery
Light's Way
Lofty Movements*
Natures Law
Purifications*
Sound's Ways
Spell Defense*
Weather Ways

Griffonbait
March 22nd, 2021, 02:00
Awesome news!

Thank you again, Ardem.

Griffonbait
April 5th, 2021, 08:14
Hi Ardem,

I have had a look at the Spells Tab for my players' PCs and noticed an inconsistency with the rules, regarding calculating the SCM, Basic, etc modifiers.

Also, regarding Defensive Capabilities, Rulebook, p.214, Half Hard defense for missile is +60 not +50 which is what added when selecting Half Hard in the Modifiers window.

Partial cover (soft/hard) is also missing in the modifiers window.

Thanks again for all your efforts with this.

Cheers

Majyk
April 5th, 2021, 08:19
As GM, the mods window can allow one to add anything they want.
Edit away and go.

That said, it’ll get added in a jiff if I know Ardem and his love for being accurate.

We even added the Init Mods for Quick/Normal/Deliberate so it would show while rolling Init in his Wednesday night games that we stream.

skippern
April 5th, 2021, 14:30
What do you need to add spell lists/skills/professions from Arcane Companion, Mentalism Companion, Essence Companion, Channeling Companion, Martial Arts Companion, etc? I can assist with the work.

Ardem
April 5th, 2021, 22:56
Hi Griffon what is the inconsistency, I been over that spell tab a lot in the past, it would help if I knew where the error was, or where the numbers are incorrect. I had a number of times my guys though ti was wrong only due to the fact they missed a modifier or two.

Probably a rmc thing being at +50 need to update the FRP Rules this is an easy fix. Will look at adding partial hard and soft as well.

Majk is right you can add these in the mean time, but will change to have them loaded anyway.

Ardem
April 6th, 2021, 03:41
What do you need to add spell lists/skills/professions from Arcane Companion, Mentalism Companion, Essence Companion, Channeling Companion, Martial Arts Companion, etc? I can assist with the work.

That is a lot of work, if you want to assist in the work you can do this very easily make a new campaign, make the spell lists your after, send me the export of the spell lists and I will included them in modules. The same for anyone else that want either to correct or add spell lists, I do from time to time update the spell lists but it is a long process.

skippern
April 6th, 2021, 15:31
That is a lot of work, if you want to assist in the work you can do this very easily make a new campaign, make the spell lists your after, send me the export of the spell lists and I will included them in modules. The same for anyone else that want either to correct or add spell lists, I do from time to time update the spell lists but it is a long process.

I am currently adding by hand into the campaign I am planning to start, I'll PM you when I have entered it. Thanks.

Ardem
April 9th, 2021, 11:48
New Version 2.28

This version is made change so it works with RMC 2.27, also a new Arms Law mod to add the various combat modifiers.

Please note some of the click button modifiers are not correct, this would require recoding this page I not done this in this mod.

Another minor change in the skills tab, I changed Spec heading to Prof. (Special to Profession.)

steff
April 9th, 2021, 19:32
question. i am currently adding a new campaign in the RMC ruleset.

but on a personal level i have all of the RMSS books.. and i do like the skill system there quite a bit. if i 'upgrade' to this so that i can run as RMSS, what happens to all of that campaign data? is it still valid or do i have to do some importing/saving/copying? just curious.

i can always just do the RMC ruleset but hate to see all those books just sitting there.

thanks.

Ardem
April 10th, 2021, 12:30
The campaign would be fine, story, images, quest etc

But you would need to redo all the characters, as the characters would not be correct in RMC v RMFRP.

My recommendation is to make a copy of your campaign folder rename the folder and then open up using FRP that was if it is too much trouble to redo characters you can always go back to the RMC.

Ardem
April 21st, 2021, 08:51
New Version 2.29
This is for the new 2.1.28 Version released.

Changes include.

Reflection of new code in 2.1.28 Combat Tracker
Adds Senses in FRP just like FRP

Also download the new FRPRaces.mod this will have Orcs and Half Orcs and Gnomes added, and the senses for all the races included.

Griffonbait
April 22nd, 2021, 11:02
Great work Ardem!

Oops! Just spotted you have 2 Spell Law modules in the 1st page list of downloads.

Griffonbait
April 24th, 2021, 16:34
Hi Ardem,

I have just been going through the Closed Channeling spell lists and I notice you have used 'H' for its Type. I assume you referencing "Healing". However, there is no Type 'H' code used in RMFRP. All healing spells are of Type 'U' for Utility.

The lists affected are: (sorry, there are more than just Channeling list issues. Once I started I couldn't stop :p, and so you have many other issues presented below. You will be happy(?) to know that I did not check every spell's Type)

I hope for the most part it will be a simple search and replace process, remembering to be case sensitive! :square:

Channeling Realm Type 'H' should be converted to 'U'

Open Channeling
Concussion's Ways
Purifications
Spell Defense <-- Type 'D' should be converted to 'U'

Closed Channeling
Blood Law
Bone Law
Muscle Law
Nerve Law
Organ Law

Cleric Base
Life Mastery

Ranger Base
Inner Walls - Lvl 20 and 30

Healer Base 'H' and 'Hs' should be of Types: U and Us
Blood Mastery
Bone Mastery
Concussion Mastery
Muscle Mastery
Nerve and Organ Mastery

Lay Healer Base 'Hs' should be of Type: Us
Blood Ways
Bone Ways
Cleansing
Muscle Ways
Organ Ways
Surface Ways

Animist Base
Nature's Protections - Lvl 2 Resist Elements & Lvl 11 Protection From Elements <-- Type 'D' should be converted to 'U'

Astrologer Base
Starlights - Lvl 2 Self Aura & Lvl 14 Lord Aura <-- Type 'D' should be converted to 'U' - also on the same list: Lvls 5, 8, 30, 50 all should be Type: 'DE'

Paladin Base
Nature's Protections - Lvl 2 Resist Elements & Lvl 11 Protection From Elements <-- Type 'D' should be converted to 'U'

Essence Realm Type 'D' should be converted to 'U'

Open Essence
Elemental Shields
Physical Enhancement - Lvl 11, Resist Poison <-- Should be of Type: Us
Spell Wall

Closed Essence
Shield Mastery - Lvl 3 Blur

Magician Base <-- All Ed and Eb should be changed over to Types: DE and BE
Fire Law
Ice Law
Light Law
Water Law

Monk Base <-- All Ed and Eb should be changed over to Types: DE and BE
Spell List Missing --> Mind Over Matter
Body Reins - Lvl 20 Self Keeping should be Type: Us
Body Renewal <-- 'H' and 'Hs' should be of Types: U and Us
Evasions <-- Type 'D' should be converted to 'U'

Mystic Base
Gas Alteration - Lvl 9 Fire Bolt I should be of Type DE, as you have for the higher variant Lvl 16 spell
Hiding - Lvl 1 Blur should be Type: U
Liquid Alteration - Lvl 8 Water Bolt I and Lvl 18 Water Bolt III should both be Type: DE

Illusionist Base
Feel-Taste-Smell - Lvls: 2, 7, 11 <-- All these spells are of Type: DE rather than Pd
Light Molding - Lvls: 5, 16, 20, 30 <-- All these spells are of Type: DE --- This list is missing the Level 6 spell Light Glamour. In fact you have listed the first 5 spells incorrectly - they should be 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 - you have missed the 4.

Mentalism Realm Type 'D' should be converted to 'U'
Open Mentalism
Spell Resistance
Self Healing <-- Should be of Type: U and Us
Damage Resistance <-- Should be of Type: U and Us
Cloaking - Lvl 2 Blur
Brilliance - apart from the 'D' issue, Lvl 6 Shock Bolt, Type should be 'DE', as should Lvl 30 Hand Of Fire and Lvl 50 Hand Of Fire True

Closed Mentalism
Liquid Manipulation - Lvl 9 Water Bolt <-- Type should be 'DE'

Bard Base
Sound Projection - Lvls: 1, 2, 5, 6, 9, 13 <-- Type should all be 'E'

--------------------------------------

But wait, there's more!

Dabbler is missing 3 base lists: Movement Mastery, Senses and Thieving Law (These have been attached)
Paladin Base list missing --> Communion (I have attached this list)

--------------------------------------

Did you think that was the end of it? Don't be silly!

Evil Base List Issues

Channeling Lists for Evil Cleric Base should not exist for RMFRP - they should be listed under "Evil Channeling Base", found in the Of Channeling book, pp. 62-67 - you need to: (i) change the classification to "Evil Channeling Base" (just add "Base"), (ii) remove the Gas Destruction list and change over the Evil Cleric Base Lists to Evil Channeling Base lists - NB: the Evil Channeling Base list Wounding is missing all together - sorry I haven't added it yet - a very low priority.

Essence Lists for Evil Magician Base should not exist for RMFRP - they should be listed under "Evil Essence Base", found in the Of Essence book, pp. 62-67.

Mentalism Lists for Evil Mentalist Base should not exist for RMFRP - they should be listed under "Evil Mentalism Base", found in the Of Mentalism book, pp. 62-67. NB: the Mind Illusions list is missing altogether.

--------------------------------

That's enough for now!!!

Cheers.

Griffonbait
April 24th, 2021, 23:35
I just found that you have Man. Soft Leather and Man. Rigid Leather listed as Light armours rather than Medium Armor.

Ardem
April 25th, 2021, 05:01
That is correct. Medium armour is chain. PG 104 of Core Rule book. Not sure of the error?

Ardem
April 25th, 2021, 05:06
Hi Ardem,

I have just been going through the Closed Channeling spell lists and I notice you have used 'H' for its Type. I assume you referencing "Healing". However, there is no Type 'H' code used in RMFRP. All healing spells are of Type 'U' for Utility.

That is right not gone through all the Spell list and converted them.

I thought I had added the missing dabbler and paladin lists, if your happy I will update the spell lists with your mods if I have not added those lists.

Looks like I got my work cut out for me next week, will try and get it done next week, if I get some time.

Ardem
April 26th, 2021, 01:27
New Version 2.30

No additional changes this is a fix for the FGC version, however if you play FGU, I would still update, just in case there are additional bonuses I am unaware of.

Ardem
April 26th, 2021, 05:13
New Spell List mod. Based on Griffonbait request and efforts.

Changed all H to U, Ed to DE, D to E, Hs to Us, eB to BE, Pd to DE
Light Molding corrected

Dark Contact corrected
Dark Summons corrected
Darkness change corrected
Added Entity Summons
Matter Disruption corrected
Physical Erosion corrected

Added Wounding

Thanks to Griffonbait to the ones below
Added Communion
Added Movement Mastery
Added Senses
Added Thieving Law

P.S. The reason why a lot of the Spell List are missing things or are incorrect because they started out being the RMC spell lists, since 98% is correct. I never made the spell Law from scratch. That why I only add bits and pieces as I go. This is the same with Arms Law it was the RMC Arms Law where I added the various changes in strength and breakage numbers.

Griffonbait
April 27th, 2021, 12:36
That is correct. Medium armour is chain. PG 104 of Core Rule book. Not sure of the error?

I must have been off with the fairies.

Damn those fairies, they always capture me.

Griffonbait
April 27th, 2021, 12:36
That is right not gone through all the Spell list and converted them.

I thought I had added the missing dabbler and paladin lists, if your happy I will update the spell lists with your mods if I have not added those lists.

Looks like I got my work cut out for me next week, will try and get it done next week, if I get some time.

Feel free to use my lists.

Griffonbait
April 27th, 2021, 12:40
New Spell List mod. Based on Griffonbait request and efforts.

Changed all H to U, Ed to DE, D to E, Hs to Us, eB to Be, Pd to DE
Light Molding corrected

Dark Contact corrected
Dark Summons corrected
Darkness change corrected
Added Entity Summons
Matter Disruption corrected
Physical Erosion corrected

Added Wounding

Thanks to Griffonbait to the ones below
Added Communion
Added Movement Mastery
Added Senses
Added Thieving Law

P.S. The reason why a lot of the Spell List are missing things or are incorrect because they started out being the RMC spell lists, since 98% is correct. I never made the spell Law from scratch. That why I only add bits and pieces as I go. This is the same with Arms Law it was the RMC Arms Law where I added the various changes in strength and breakage numbers.

I am ahead of you there, Ardem. I was saying to my players that it is the malignant influence of RMC that has seeped into your veins.

That 'Be' should be 'BE' - I am so pedantic!

Thanks for all your efforts, Ardem.

Griffonbait
April 27th, 2021, 15:40
RE: AudioOverseer (Audio Management Extension) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53583-AudioOverseer-(Audio-Management-Extension))

No, this is not an off-topic post, as you will see.

I am using this extension to great effect in my RMFRP games. My players are excited to hear their attacks and spells go off as sounds. I have even managed to get the composite bow sounds to include a Draw and Shoot sound sequence as well as martial arts Ranks 1-4 to be progressively more complex - 1 sound for Rank 1, 2 for Rank 2, up to 4 sounds for Rank 4.

Here is my incomplete Trigger list, along with the triggers I use for the Composite Bow attacks as well as the Cutlass attack. I have abbreviated the Arrow +5 and Fire Arrow attacks with the composite bow to just "Comp. Bow" so that the player can still easily read the attack title on the CT.

To get attack spells (Bolts, Balls, Base) to work is very easy as they are attached to Combat Tracker (CT) and appear as well defined attacks in the Chat Output. Here you will see Elmen's attacks and the output used to trigger the sounds. The boxes around the text in the Chat Output is all that is being searched for - it doesn't matter if the attack has a target, hits, fumbles or whatever. If the PC attacked it will generate a sound.

See also Fortuna's Shock Bolt attack spell, the Trigger and the Chat Output below for an example: The sound effect for the Shock Bolt is also a two-parter. First there is a shout of "Look out" to the party members, followed up with the sound of electricity - it never gets old - well, maybe one day.

Here is my problem - and it is probably already evident to the more astute reader - I have to include non-attack spells in the CT so that they can trigger their separate sound triggers. Why? you ask. Well, the normal process in the FRP extension when casting a non-attack spell is:

1. Go to the PC's character sheet Spell Tab
2. Set up the parameters for an SCM (or Basic Attack Spell, or elemental spell) prior to casting
3. Double click the final Modifier to move it to the Modifier stack (bottom left of FGU window)
4. Double click the appropriate spell list SCM value in the Spell Lists section below to determine the casting result - success/fumble

The chat output, when using the Spell Tab method, does not mention the specific spell, or indeed the spell list from which the spell comes, in the Chat Output - as you can see above, the output is simply "[] spell [Skill Bonus ..." Using the CT I can get the spell name/list to appear, as seen in the very bottom image above "Flesh Destruction".

Using the CT to track spells is cumbersome at best due to any spell user worth their salt will eventually have dozens of spells to cast, thus clogging up the CT attacks listing.

What I am proposing, Ardem, is to have a similar setup for NON-ATTACK spells, in the Spells Tab, as Elemental Attack and Base Attack spells have in the Combat Tab - a scrollable list of the individual spells to which a PC has access.

Halve the size of the Spell Lists section and add another section below it for this purpose. Let the player add the spell name and the spell list name, and the the total skill value (unless calculated) - with a dice symbol under this final value so that the spell can be individua rolled.

Probably too much work for you Ardem, no doubt! Let me know if you would need help in the design and testing - I wouldn't be much help with the programming side, since it is restricted.

Considering the amount of work required for the above, would it be possible to at least pre-sort the attacks listed in the CT - just like they are in the Combat Tab of the character sheet? This would be an enormous help when searching for attacks/spells.

Ardem
April 28th, 2021, 00:19
I am ahead of you there, Ardem. I was saying to my players that it is the malignant influence of RMC that has seeped into your veins.

That 'Be' should be 'BE' - I am so pedantic!

Thanks for all your efforts, Ardem.

It is BE, not sure what the problem is <wink>

Typo only in forums not in spell list

Ardem
April 28th, 2021, 00:22
No, this is not an off-topic post, as you will see.

I am using this extension to great effect in my RMFRP games. My players are excited to hear their attacks and spells go off as sounds. I have even managed to get the composite bow sounds to include a Draw and Shoot sound sequence as well as martial arts Ranks 1-4 to be progressively more complex - 1 sound for Rank 1, 2 for Rank 2, up to 4 sounds for Rank 4.

This one is going to have to be a discord hook up to discuss, not fully understanding, hit me up when you see me on and we can work out see if I can do what you want.

Dakadin
April 28th, 2021, 00:34
That looks good Griffonbait! I did something similar years ago using Dulux-Oz's sound extension (he took them all down a couple years ago). We were playing in person and it was awesome having the sounds play when when actions were performed. It became more distracting when online only so I stopped doing it.

Ardem
April 28th, 2021, 00:42
I use syrinscape for background sound, but I be interested to get this work on my end as well. One thing I do notice there is a huge difference between having background sound like music etc and when it is not there. Seem less engaging.

Curious how was it distracting, Dakadin?

On a side note I do think FG should be working on sound for FG integrated it would take it to the next level, I hope it is on their list of features.

Dakadin
April 28th, 2021, 00:43
I had all the attacks working and getting everything dialed in to the correct volume became more effort than it was worth at the time but it was great hearing the sound effects when attacks were made.

Ardem
April 28th, 2021, 02:17
New Version 2.31

Changes to link in with new RMC 2.29

Griffonbait
April 28th, 2021, 12:14
That looks good Griffonbait! I did something similar years ago using Dulux-Oz's sound extension (he took them all down a couple years ago). We were playing in person and it was awesome having the sounds play when when actions were performed. It became more distracting when online only so I stopped doing it.

I can imagine it being distracting at times, but I know my players (not all) enjoy the novelty. They don't have to do anything new and neither do I, apart from setting up the triggers, of course.

In my last session I was going to say - "I will give you 5 minutes to get it out of your system ... trigger as away!" But they didn't pursue it and so I didn't. As a teacher I know how trigger happy kids can get when they get their hands on new tech - experiment with everything!

My group was very mature about the whole thing, wanting to play the game rather than the sounds. It was a very pleasant experience.

Griffonbait
April 28th, 2021, 12:16
On a side note I do think FG should be working on sound for FG integrated it would take it to the next level, I hope it is on their list of features.

When is this coming? After Star Citizen is completed? LOL

I will look out for you in Discord Ardem, thanks.

Griffonbait
April 28th, 2021, 12:23
Ardem, have I given you my Shadow World Loremaster and Navigator spell lists?

Griffonbait
April 28th, 2021, 12:30
New Version 2.31

Changes to link in with new RMC 2.29

I forgot to ask you Ardem, did you manage to order the CT attack listing in alphabetical order?

Dakadin
April 28th, 2021, 23:14
I forgot to ask you Ardem, did you manage to order the CT attack listing in alphabetical order?

That is likely something I need to look into.

Griffonbait
May 2nd, 2021, 16:19
That is likely something I need to look into.

Cool. Thanks.

Griffonbait
May 7th, 2021, 12:23
Some More issues - not sure who this should go to - Dakadin or Ardem.

When using the Basic Spell Attack Table, the result is a modification to the target's RR. Is it possible that the value is automatically sent to the target's modifier stack when dragged onto their token (on the map or in the CT)?

Currently dragging the RR result from RR Table - Heals/Damages Target based on the leading value - +RR bonuses for targets appear as Damage done : Negative as Healing. This should go to the Modifications Stack so that the PC can simply do a RR and not have to worry about the mods.

Is it possible to widen the CT Attacks column as the CT window itself is widened?

I have one Bard who is getting a constant PP Mod of -30 for unknown reasons. He has full PP (none used), but still a modifier.

This one is important to me: Cannot talk as Target in chat - is it possible to keep the Speaker Identity list at the bottom of the Chat Output populated with the current list of CT PCs and NPCs? Also, when a selected PC/NPC has a set token, apply their token in the chat, rather than use the GM's token? It is currently alerting all players that their god (GM ;-)) is speaking to them.

Cheers.

Ardem
May 7th, 2021, 12:44
Those RR stuff I do not touch much of those things your asking I am not sure if they can easily be done.

The Bard my guess would be armour penalty on magic.

Dakadin
May 7th, 2021, 18:21
Some More issues - not sure who this should go to - Dakadin or Ardem.

When using the Basic Spell Attack Table, the result is a modification to the target's RR. Is it possible that the value is automatically sent to the target's modifier stack when dragged onto their token (on the map or in the CT)?

Currently dragging the RR result from RR Table - Heals/Damages Target based on the leading value - +RR bonuses for targets appear as Damage done : Negative as Healing. This should go to the Modifications Stack so that the PC can simply do a RR and not have to worry about the mods.

Is it possible to widen the CT Attacks column as the CT window itself is widened?

Hi Griffonbait,

These would be me.

For the RRs, I can't fill their modifier stack. I do need to change it so when dragging those results that it creates an RR effect with the modifier. I will add it to my list. I'm also looking into adding RRs and a few other things to the NPC sheet so it should be possible to roll it for PCs and NPCs once I get that implemented.

Yes, I can widen the CT attacks column as the CT window itself is widened. Right now it is still the old code so it isn't anchored right but I will make the adjustments.

Thanks,
Dakadin

Dakadin
May 7th, 2021, 19:19
This one is important to me: Cannot talk as Target in chat - is it possible to keep the Speaker Identity list at the bottom of the Chat Output populated with the current list of CT PCs and NPCs? Also, when a selected PC/NPC has a set token, apply their token in the chat, rather than use the GM's token? It is currently alerting all players that their god (GM ;-)) is speaking to them.

I am not sure about this one because it is how CoreRPG handles it and I haven't really changed anything with it. It might be possible but I would have to look into it. An extension should be able to accomplish it also.

Griffonbait
May 8th, 2021, 04:22
Those RR stuff I do not touch much of those things your asking I am not sure if they can easily be done.

The Bard my guess would be armour penalty on magic.

That Bard's issue disappeared after closing and reopening FGU - weird - btw, his armor is AT 9 - no penalty for Mentalism spells there. The -30 would have to be that he had used 0ver 75% of his PP - which were full at the time.

I have tested it today and it is working - albeit, I have to click 'yes' then back to 'no' on the Instant indicator (or SNAP) for the numbers to refresh.

Cheers.

Ardem
May 9th, 2021, 01:44
There is no constant refresh else that would chew CPU cycles, however that is a good way to refresh numbers especially if PP points are refreshed o the combat tracker that is not linked.

Griffonbait
May 9th, 2021, 17:36
More issues:

I notice you have added the Paladin spell list Communion, however, it does not come up when Paladin Base is selected in the Classification field - nor when Channeling is selected in the Realm of Power field - when searching.

Same for: Dabbler Base lists: Movement Mastery, Senses and Thieving Law - Essence

I have added the 6 RMSS Warrior Mage Base Lists as well as the Warrior Mage Profession in the attached file - feel free to add them to the FRP extension. I don't know if you will need to make any adjustments so that they will work with the FRP ext (i.e., the Base lists are added into the Warrior Mage Profession window as links on my end, but I am unsure if the links will work for everyone - that is something I cannot fix.) - Don't forget to fix the Classification and Realm of Power issues for these Warrior mage lists.

The Warrior Mage Profession has a skill list that includes what I recognise as secondary skills (those not listed in the core rulebook) they have the leading '§ ' and are just duplicates of the skills you already have - you will need to remove these as you see fit.

Cheers.

Griffonbait
May 9th, 2021, 17:38
I forgot to ask - is there a way to increase the time between FGU database saves? They are slow and driving me insane.

Ardem
May 9th, 2021, 23:51
/save
manually

Griffonbait
May 12th, 2021, 05:06
/save
manually

I do know this, thanks Ardem. What I want to do is extend the time between DB auto-saves. Can I turn them off (not recommended, I know)?

Dakadin
May 12th, 2021, 05:10
There isn't a way that I am aware of.

Griffonbait
May 19th, 2021, 06:14
Ardem, I am just wodering if the Warrior Mage files were useful to you???

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58404-Rolemaster-FRP-Extension-2-1&p=599121&viewfull=1#post599121

Ardem
May 21st, 2021, 02:20
Ardem, I am just wodering if the Warrior Mage files were useful to you???

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58404-Rolemaster-FRP-Extension-2-1&p=599121&viewfull=1#post599121

I am sure they will be, I am currently moving house and things are all over the place at the moment. When thing settle down I will make sure these are added if I not done it already

Ardem
May 21st, 2021, 02:28
Double Post can remove

JohnD
May 22nd, 2021, 23:54
I am sure they will be, I am currently moving house and things are all over the place at the moment. When thing settle down I will make sure these are added if I not done it already

Hope you make it through the move unscathed... not a fun process.

Ardem
June 1st, 2021, 01:36
unscathed, well sort off, my arms are another inch longer I think.

But back up and running again.

Griffonbait
June 9th, 2021, 19:05
Ardem, it looks like you have a bit of work ahead of you with the new table resolver additions in RMC (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?69060-Release-Updates-for-June-8th-2021) and adding in the relevant FRP data tables.

Do you need any help with this?

Cheers.

Ardem
June 10th, 2021, 00:24
New Version.

No extra additions, few changes to work with 2.30 RMC

Ardem
June 10th, 2021, 00:25
Ardem, it looks like you have a bit of work ahead of you with the new table resolver additions in RMC (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?69060-Release-Updates-for-June-8th-2021) and adding in the relevant FRP data tables.

Do you need any help with this?

Cheers.

If you meaning the new RMC version, not much to be done here, most of the things that were changed is areas I do not touch.

Griffonbait
June 10th, 2021, 07:16
If you meaning the new RMC version, not much to be done here, most of the things that were changed is areas I do not touch.

Okay. I didn't realise you have all the RMFRP tables input into the extension.

I still, on occasion have to look up my own tables book by hand. Is it possible for me to open your extension and add in a bunch of the RM2 tables that are fun to use? That is, can I just copy and paste your code and change the data? I would probably need to add code so the RM Tables and Table Resolver know how to deal with the new attack and critical types.

Any suggestions?

Cheers.

Dakadin
June 10th, 2021, 07:42
Hi Griffonbait,

The tables can just go into a module. As long as you match the way they are stored, you can add other attack and critical tables. You would only need an extension if the table needed some new functionality. I think the .mod file has some examples but if not let me know and I will point you to a thread that I created awhile ago.

Dakadin

Ardem
June 10th, 2021, 13:46
Dakadin is right you can make a mod, however you want to open up the FRP Rules mod, to see how the skill tables are put together, or FRP arms law for critical tables or FRP spell law for spell critical table.

DodjerArtfell
June 10th, 2021, 16:39
I updated and love the new look and additions! I am receiving an error when attempting to use the "apply" buttons on the resolver for attacks and crits. Is this a known issue or something on my end?

Dakadin
June 10th, 2021, 20:20
Hi DodjerArtfell,

What error are you receiving and what extensions are you using?

Dakadin

DodjerArtfell
June 10th, 2021, 20:44
Just the FRP extension: 47469

Dakadin
June 10th, 2021, 21:04
I just checked the extension and it looks like the manager_rmtable.lua file is missing some of the required functions. I will talk to Ardem about it to help him get it resolved.

Ardem
June 11th, 2021, 00:19
New Version 2.33

-Fixed Error above.

DodjerArtfell
June 11th, 2021, 02:48
That was fast! You guys rock!

Griffonbait
June 14th, 2021, 14:28
Thanks again Ardem.

I had the exact same issue.