PDA

View Full Version : Core Sidebar for 5e

TXCBoy36
May 26th, 2020, 08:36
Can someone tell me where to go to get the extension Code Sidebar for 5e which brings color to the side bar tabs.

Thanks!

mattekure
May 26th, 2020, 11:30
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34939-Core-Sidebar-Buttons-for-5e

TXCBoy36
May 27th, 2020, 04:02
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34939-Core-Sidebar-Buttons-for-5e

I found the extension....how do you install them into the program? Still learning how to do this stuff..

LordEntrails
May 27th, 2020, 04:09
I found the extension....how do you install them into the program? Still learning how to do this stuff..
Download it, place it in your extensions folder (sub-folder of FG Data Folder). Select the extension before starting the campaign.

TXCBoy36
May 27th, 2020, 04:13
Download it, place it in your extensions folder (sub-folder of FG Data Folder). Select the extension before starting the campaign.

I placed it in my Extensions folder where it is populated with the other extensions but it does not give it as an option before starting the campaign. I am sure that I am doing something wrong..lol

TXCBoy36
May 27th, 2020, 04:41
Here is a screenshot if that helps....36143

LordEntrails
May 27th, 2020, 04:55
Close FG completely, then restart. It only reads the extension list on startup. Or did you already try that?

I do wonder why the file icon (yellow vs green dot) is different than the other ones. Do you know?

TXCBoy36
May 27th, 2020, 05:08
Yes, the dots are carbonite....its an offsite back up company that backs up all of my files....when it runs again, it will have a green dot next to it showing that it is backed up.

Yeah. I have tried to restart FGC a couple of times....I will leave the .ext file in there and see if it recognizes the file later tonight. I also ran the update so not sure why it is not reacting to its application.

I will restart the lap top and see if that plays a role...

Zacchaeus
May 27th, 2020, 09:27
It would seem that the file is incorrect in some way (I can't unzip it). I would report the issue in the extension thread.

TXCBoy36
May 28th, 2020, 04:40
Red Con One pointed me in the right direction....it works now!!

Springroll
May 28th, 2020, 05:50
So what did you do? I can't seem to get it to work either...

TXCBoy36
May 28th, 2020, 08:43
So what did you do? I can't seem to get it to work either...

Go to Create & Share / Workshop / Core Sidebar Button for 53 thread. Go to the end of the thread and search for Post #61 by Schreibrephoam and he posts a new link which works....good luck!!

Springroll
May 28th, 2020, 09:17
Go to Create & Share / Workshop / Core Sidebar Button for 53 thread. Go to the end of the thread and search for Post #61 by Schreibrephoam and he posts a new link which works....good luck!!
Excellent, thank you! :D

Trenloe
May 28th, 2020, 14:30
Yes, the dots are carbonite....its an offsite back up company that backs up all of my files....when it runs again, it will have a green dot next to it showing that it is backed up.
Make sure this never runs when you are using Fantasy Grounds - any active sync/backup solution can cause data corruption in FGs database files. It is best to turn the backup off for the FG files and manually run it occasionally when FG is not running.

TXCBoy36
May 29th, 2020, 06:32
Make sure this never runs when you are using Fantasy Grounds - any active sync/backup solution can cause data corruption in FGs database files. It is best to turn the backup off for the FG files and manually run it occasionally when FG is not running.

I know that it does not run continuously....but I believe that I can select which files to back up, etc. Do I need to un-select all files associated with FG? I use it to back up my business files which is also on this machine that I use for FG.

TXCBoy36
May 29th, 2020, 06:34
I just changed the settings so it will only run once per day....is that going to be ok?

Trenloe
May 29th, 2020, 07:45
I just changed the settings so it will only run once per day....is that going to be ok?
The key thing is that it never runs when you’re using FG - even if FG is just sat there with a campaign loaded. You’re best switching any automatic scheduled backup off for the FG app directory (specifically the campaigns, cache and characters sub directories) and occasionally running a backup of those directories manually.

TXCBoy36
May 30th, 2020, 05:59
Okay. I will take care of it....I have it turned off so it will not run continuously. I will call them about selecting which specific files to backup since it is strictly for my work files as I have to keep a record of those for a min of 6 yrs.

maycm9
January 31st, 2021, 18:38
Hello TXCBoy36

I am running into the same issue. I have downloaded the file in my extensions folder, but it won't let me select it on the start up screen. How did you solve it? I'm running FG Unity. Does that make a difference?