PDA

View Full Version : Please help - new sheet, ruleset, and user

Valarian
April 5th, 2007, 22:51
So ... I've bought Fantasy Grounds and I'm trying my first couple of character sheets. The first one I've managed to complete is for Star Wars d6. I seem to have got the character sheet done ok and I have started on the ruleset. This is where I seem to be having some difficulty. Can anyone please help? Is anyone willing to act as a mentor to help guide me through my first ruleset?

Problem 1
I've modified the base.xml to reference local files from the data directory. These I've put in to ruleset/SWRPG/data. One of these files is the gameelements.xml. I've modified this so that each die uses values from 1 to 6 and uses the d6_icon file. I still seem to be getting the other dice icons though. I tried removing the other dice, but this crashes the GM module.

<die name="d4">
<values list="1,2,3,4,5,6" />
<icon file="data\icons\d6_icon.png" />
<position point="360,680" />
</die>

<die name="d6">
<position point="310,680" />
</die>

<die name="d8">
<position point="260,680" />
</die>

Dachannien
April 6th, 2007, 00:04
The dice are hardcoded into the game, at least to some degree. You could always try setting the positions of the dice so that they're off the screen, though.

joshuha
April 6th, 2007, 01:05
Setting them so they are off screen won't work. The only thing I have found that looks ok is to stack all the ones you don't need off in a corner somewhere.

Hopefully we'll be able to script this out at some point in the future but currently we cannot.

Insanity
April 6th, 2007, 01:28
To my understanding, these codes only affect the /die command, not the movable images of dice on the screen. Such that what you have written now, if you on the chat command line type either of the following;

/die d4
/die d6
/die d8

it would determine a results of a d6.

You can add odd sided dice in this manner. You, with my understanding, always have the d20,d12,d10,d8,d6,d4 on the screen, but can alter and add other die as a /die command.

I've added a d100, to roll a true percentile.

joshuha
April 6th, 2007, 02:04
I've added a d100, to roll a true percentile.

Do you know if you right-click on the d10 and click the percent sign you get a percentile right? Smiteworks does it slightly differently as you just add the the dice that are rolled (so it rolls a "tens" digit die and a 10 sided die with a 10 on it) but mathematically its the same.

Valarian
April 6th, 2007, 15:46
Thanks for the help here. The off-screen thing doesn't work - the software just throws the dice back on to the tabletop. I guess I'll have to wait to be able to do this. Anyone know if you can hide the types of dice shown in FG2?