PDA

View Full Version : Spell Duration - Every 3 Levels

dllewell
May 25th, 2020, 17:13
I'm not sure this is the correct forum to post this in. If there is a better one please let me know and I will post it there.

I have a spell (Batrachian Surge) that has Duration: 1 round + 1 round/3 levels

How do I set that duration when adding the SPELL/ABILITY EFFECT to my character sheet? The 1 round is easy :)

But what about the variable rounds?
Under the 'Mult x Stat (Max)' section my options for 'Stat' are CL, Even CLs, or Odd CLs.
It won't let me put a fraction, less than 1**, in the Multiplying field. So can't do 0.33 X CL.
As far as I can tell there is no option for Division so no ability for CL/3.

** Interestingly, you can put a fraction greater than 1. (I.E. 1.33 X CL) and it will correctly calculate that. That doesn't solve the problem I'm having but does show that the program can handle fractions.

Is there an option I am missing on the SPELL/ABILITY EFFECT form? Or does anyone have a different suggestion for how to calculate that?

Kelrugem
May 25th, 2020, 22:40
I'm not sure this is the correct forum to post this in. If there is a better one please let me know and I will post it there.

I have a spell (Batrachian Surge) that has Duration: 1 round + 1 round/3 levels

How do I set that duration when adding the SPELL/ABILITY EFFECT to my character sheet? The 1 round is easy :)

But what about the variable rounds?
Under the 'Mult x Stat (Max)' section my options for 'Stat' are CL, Even CLs, or Odd CLs.
It won't let me put a fraction, less than 1**, in the Multiplying field. So can't do 0.33 X CL.
As far as I can tell there is no option for Division so no ability for CL/3.

** Interestingly, you can put a fraction greater than 1. (I.E. 1.33 X CL) and it will correctly calculate that. That doesn't solve the problem I'm having but does show that the program can handle fractions.

Is there an option I am missing on the SPELL/ABILITY EFFECT form? Or does anyone have a different suggestion for how to calculate that?

Sadly not :) But I have included that option in my save versus tags extension :) (see the second extension in my link below :) ) But beware that it is a big extension, so I also made some bigger "packages" when you want to use it with other extensions (for compatibility) :) If you want I can try to exclude that feature :)

dllewell
May 26th, 2020, 18:21
Thank you for the reply Kelrugem. I did an initial look at the extension and really like the options I am seeing.

However, I'm going to be adding all these spell effects to a module and my initial thought is that I don't want to make the module dependent on an extension.

Having said that, I will review the extension in more detail. and may change my stance. If nothing else, I will definitely use it for my own personal use.

Kelrugem
May 26th, 2020, 19:33
Thank you for the reply Kelrugem. I did an initial look at the extension and really like the options I am seeing.

However, I'm going to be adding all these spell effects to a module and my initial thought is that I don't want to make the module dependent on an extension.

Having said that, I will review the extension in more detail. and may change my stance. If nothing else, I will definitely use it for my own personal use.

Ah, yes, better not make modules dependent on extensions when you are goint to share them :) The code for just the "every 3 levels" is very small (in essence just a line), so, I hope that it will be once in the base programme :)