PDA

View Full Version : Party Sheet Help on FGC

TXCBoy36
May 25th, 2020, 08:33
I am new to FGC and working through the Sample adventure on the 5e sourcebooks....I wanted to create a new character on the module side, not the Manage Character side...(could be the problem). I created the character and added it to the party page and the character has the little ID Not Identified marker till I checked it.

None of the other pre-gen characters are displayed this way. Is this because I did not generate the character on the Manage Character side of FGC.

????

Trenloe
May 25th, 2020, 08:37
Could you provide a screenshot showing the ID marker for the new character in the party sheet please?

TXCBoy36
May 25th, 2020, 09:50
I took 2 photos in the combat tracker. I am thinking this means that it is recognized as a NPC and not a character. 3607036071

Zacchaeus
May 25th, 2020, 10:47
I think what you most likely have done is created an NPC (non-player character) rather than a PC. You've then added it to the Combat Tracker and changed it's faction to friendly. You can't make a PC non-identified but you can create a non-identified NPC. Only thee NPC will have the little id tag on it. As you can see the other player characters don't have that.

TXCBoy36
May 25th, 2020, 17:06
ok, so should PC characters only be generated on the manage character selection side and not when your in the Load Campaign side? I tried to create the character by manually rolling the dice for stats, etc., and then finishing it on the side where you create or run the particular campaign / module?

Zacchaeus
May 25th, 2020, 17:40
You can create characters in the campaign. These videos might help https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46965-New-Character-Creation-Videos

TXCBoy36
May 26th, 2020, 04:12
You can create characters in the campaign. These videos might help https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46965-New-Character-Creation-Videos

Yes sir, very helpful. I believe that I found what I did wrong and I am currently watching all of your videos also.....

Looks like I added this character to the combat tracker the incorrect way. I removed the character and re-added the character to the combat tracker and now reads as a PC and not a NPC.

Thanks!