PDA

View Full Version : players trying to connect to my game when I am offline

Gnslngr13
May 24th, 2020, 15:40
I created a game private, cloud server, I gave my players my GM name and PW for the game and now they get the below error message, I know that one player was able to log on since I was online at the same time. What do I have to do? So players can access the game when I am offline, so they can create characters, etc.

cloud server with the registered name is not registered with the lobby server.

Zacchaeus
May 24th, 2020, 17:46
Hi Gnslngr welcome to FG.

Players cannot connect to your game unless you are also online with a campaign open and ready to accept players joining.

Gnslngr13
May 24th, 2020, 18:08
thx, for the reply, could not find an answer on search, Q-does fantasy grounds have a timeout, I would like to just leave it open so, players can connect throughout the day and create characters, read campaign info, etc.

Zacchaeus
May 24th, 2020, 18:11
It doesn't have a timeout, no. But computers and the internet are fickle so that doesn't mean to say that you'll drop out at some point when you aren't looking.

Gnslngr13
May 24th, 2020, 18:13
thx, very true, I appreciate the help

Neovirtus
May 24th, 2020, 20:38
Barring a bug (especially in FGU) or a setting on your PC (power save settings), I have not had issues leaving my server up for many consecutive hours.

Gnslngr13
May 24th, 2020, 22:53
so, I have left computer up, made sure it didnt sleep, I created a cloud, private game, provided the GM name and password to my players, I was logged online and have fantasy grounds running, the players have demo fantasy grounds unity, yet the players get same error-cloud server with the requested name is not registered with the lobby server.

problem fixed: FYI, make sure the players are writing the GM name exactly -it is case sensitive, the players were adding a capital letter on first letter of GM name,