PDA

View Full Version : Sharpshooter?

ktthacker
May 23rd, 2020, 20:15
I'm very new to fantasy grounds so if anyone could help me I would really appreciate it. I'm using the original version (not unity). How does the player use the feat Sharpshooter? Is there a way to make two damage dice for one weapon? Or Is there a way to add it as a status effect? Or is the only way to manually click on on disadvantage and have a separate weapon with the bonus added?

Speculi
May 23rd, 2020, 20:42
You can create effects for the last part. But all the others are more like just do nothing when you usually would use the disadvantage or -2/-5 buttons. 35967
To create this I dragged the sharpshooter to the actions tab and with "right click -> add effect" added two effects.

During play, the player would declare he is using the -5 and applies the effect to them self. If it hits, apply the second effect to the character and roll damage.

There are all possible effects listed:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects

ktthacker
May 23rd, 2020, 22:35
You can create effects for the last part. But all the others are more like just do nothing when you usually would use the disadvantage or -2/-5 buttons. 35967
To create this I dragged the sharpshooter to the actions tab and with "right click -> add effect" added two effects.

During play, the player would declare he is using the -5 and applies the effect to them self. If it hits, apply the second effect to the character and roll damage.

There are all possible effects listed:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects

Thanks. If anyone finds this on a search, I created a custom power with this code: ATK: -5 piercing; DMG: +10 piercing. It seems to work.

Zacchaeus
May 23rd, 2020, 23:04
The easiest way to handle sharpshooter is just to add a new weapon line for the bow with a -5 to hit and 10 to damage. This saves having to add an effect.

WinterSoldier7
December 24th, 2020, 20:03
The easiest way to handle sharpshooter is just to add a new weapon line for the bow with a -5 to hit and 10 to damage. This saves having to add an effect.

How does one do this, Zacchaeus?

If I add another damage row from the magnifying glass, it just ends up rolling both die when totalling damage and I can't change the attack bonus. I'm missing something and not sure what it is.

Zacchaeus
December 24th, 2020, 20:57
You need to create a new weapon line altogether. See the attached graphic.

WinterSoldier7
December 24th, 2020, 22:53
Ah, I'm with ya. Done that now, thanks!