PDA

View Full Version : Dragons of Inspire Peak vs Essential Kit

TXCBoy36
May 23rd, 2020, 19:10
I have recently purchased my Ultimate License. I noticed that it included the Dragons of Inspire Peak adventure.

I was strolling through the shop and noticed that Essentials Kit was available which appears to be based on the Dragons of Inspire Peak adventure. Is there a difference between what was included in my Ultimate License package with Dragons of Inspire Peak and the Essentials Kit. Do I need this to build on what I already have within my Ultimate package.

Trenloe
May 23rd, 2020, 19:21
The adventure is currently provided free, but only for another week: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57510-Free-adventure!-5e-The-Dragon-of-Icespire-Peak-unlocked-until-May-30th

calexus
May 23rd, 2020, 19:24
Dragons of icespire peak is currently available to all through wizards efforts to allow everyone to play at home during the Covid lockdowns. After May 30th, you will lose access unless you purchase the essentials kit.

TXCBoy36
May 23rd, 2020, 22:11
The adventure is currently provided free, but only for another week: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57510-Free-adventure!-5e-The-Dragon-of-Icespire-Peak-unlocked-until-May-30th

So it shows that I have access to this adventure on my new Ultimate License, will I lose access to it on FGC after May 30th as it is downloaded into my Ultimate License package?

Bonkon
May 23rd, 2020, 22:21
So it shows that I have access to this adventure on my new Ultimate License, will I lose access to it on FGC after May 30th as it is downloaded into my Ultimate License package?

Good Day TXCBoy36 :)
Yes, unless you purchase the module you will lose access after the date shown. It was a short term benefit due to all the people locked down. :)

TXCBoy36
May 24th, 2020, 00:05
Good Day TXCBoy36 :)
Yes, unless you purchase the module you will lose access after the date shown. It was a short term benefit due to all the people locked down. :)

Ok, so purchasing D&D Essentials will give me everything that I already have along with some additional items not already provided for this free period..i assuming.

LordEntrails
May 24th, 2020, 00:20
Yes, the Essentials have a reduced version of the rules. It has more than the Basic Rules, but less than the Players Handbook, except it also has rules for Sidekicks (and maybe a few other things? Not sure.)

TXCBoy36
May 24th, 2020, 00:25
Yeah, I have the boxed version for the kids. I am mainly interested in the adventure portion as a way to help introduce D&D to the kiddos. Just don't want to lose access in 7 days which I am assuming will happen on May 30th. Just want to make sure that I will get everything that I currently have access to. I have all of the source books installed so I am fine there....just making a decision on whether to purchase the Essentials Kit for FGC.

Thanks!