PDA

View Full Version : Gith (and others?) language issue

phloog
May 23rd, 2020, 04:15
I created a Githyanki warlock in the newest 5E in FGU.
Despite it saying it in the race definition, NO LANGUAGES - not even common...were assigned to this character, and there is NO WAY to enter them manually...turning on editing and hitting the plus? Nothing.

Right click and add item? Nothing.

Bug?

NOTE/EDIT: If a character HAS languages already, it works fine to add more.

LordEntrails
May 23rd, 2020, 07:14
Extensions? What module are you pulling the Gith from? Can you please post a screen shot?

Zacchaeus
May 23rd, 2020, 08:45
This is working for me when I drag in a Gith race from Mordenkainen I get this. As LE says are you using any extensions? How are you applying the race to the character sheet? and a screenshot might help.

phloog
May 23rd, 2020, 14:06
This is working for me when I drag in a Gith race from Mordenkainen I get this. As LE says are you using any extensions? How are you applying the race to the character sheet? and a screenshot might help.

Sorry for the ambiguity...I was only using the 5E decal extension from the opening menu...nothing fancy (though I'd love to find that "readied" actions extension I've seen!)...

I actually was able to correct it - and admittedly potentially destroy something else, by EXPORTING the character as XML, export a working character as XML, and modeled on the working character made a manual edit to the gith. It works now...once I finish my game today (first time using FGU with remote players after owning it since it was first sold!) I'll try to reproduce. Part of the issue with that is that FGU still have multiple instances of things, so I don't know WHICH gith I used.

Related question: When you add these oddball races with their own languages, I'm assuming these are unsupported in the CHAT by language functionality?

Also related: Thanks to everyone in this community for being so helpful, as I get older I lose my tech skills...soon I won't be able to use my own phone.
JT

LordEntrails
May 24th, 2020, 00:24
I think the DM has a 'Languages' option in the Options menu that allows them to add additional languages. But that's from memory of something I;ve read, and not actually done.