PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 1-2 Players 5e Saturdays 1-5 est. for Long Standing Campaign

Angelcreed
May 22nd, 2020, 21:10
The Campaign started nearly a year ago in the streets of Baldur's Gate where its members were approached by two gentlemen in fanciful clothing seaking workers who would be available to survive the ocean depths. The motley crew of wave riders all having their own reason for wanting to leave the mainland, signed a contract with the two men to begin work for a salvage operation located on the Island of Snowdown. The area once held by pirates and northmen in the last decade had been beseiged by the country of Amn and its merchant navy seeking a point of refuge between the mainland and Chult. The seas around the Moonshaes had always been ripe for crashed ships and pirate activity providing plenty of opportunity to strike it rich or drown below the waves.

The groups current composition includes two water gensai; one a druid of the circle of the Moon, the other a Cutlass weilding Tempest Cleric devoted to the Pirate God Valkur, a Simic Hybrid Arcane trickester known for safe cracking a mile below, a Lizard Folk barbarian of the storms and an incredibly adept Dragonborn sorcerer who began his life serving a fabled leviathin as a warlock lurker in the deep. All of the group has cut their teeth fighting Sahaugin for the rights to sunken ships, fired cannons on galleons laden with pirates and treasure, chased a cult of devil worshipers through their patron city of Caer Westphael trying to avoid being pulled into politics and earned a right to hold a contract with Tunstal's Dredgers.

Our game is looking for 1-2 players set in an aquatic themed campaign within Forgotten Realms. The campaign and story line are homebrew with liberties taken with the aquatic rule sets highlighted in the PHB. This is due in part to 40% of the adventures take place beneath the waves. For character creation all Wizards 5e books are allowed and UA materials from Wizards may be allowed if agreed upon first. The group is well rounded with 5 players so you can play what you like (I usually run 6-8 players). The main thing during character development is playing a race or class that at level 9 (the current level of the players) can survive days underwater.

If this sounds like a game you'd enjoy and you would be willing and able to commit to for the next 9-12 months please drop me a line. We would enjoy having you at our virtual table.

Thanks,
Scott

Onlybomb
May 23rd, 2020, 15:52
What aquatic races are you allowing?

LyonArd
May 23rd, 2020, 17:35
G'day there! I'm quite interested in this campaign already and would love to join but the only thing is I live within AEST times so 5 pm EST would be 8 Am for me

I would be able to go 3 pm est but that would be about it, sorry for that

Elijah L
June 2nd, 2020, 05:14
If you're willing to bear with a young person new to fantasy grounds like me, then I would love to play with your group. I'm pretty experienced in 5e and just got Fantasy Grounds, (moved from roll20 to fantasy grounds because I liked it better) I'm still learning so if you can bare maybe 1 or 2 weeks of me figuring things out I should be able to learn everything by then(or at least most of it). Saturdays are always free for me and I was planning on playing a Sea Elf Fighter. The campaign seems really interesting and fun! Shoot me a message if you think I could be with the group! I also wanna know what apps you use... (like discord, zoom, teamspeak?)

daveind
June 2nd, 2020, 08:52
Private message sent. I am interested.

ZackZ
June 10th, 2020, 04:40
Hey your campaign sounds excellent. I have been looking for a group on different sites for quite a while and have been having a tough time finding threads that aren't over saturated with responses already. I'm new to Fantasy Grounds but have been binging tutorials and loving it so far. 5e has been my game for a few years, and I have just purchased FGC. I love the Forgotten Realms setting, have read many of the books and have been jonesing to get in a game. The only thing better than a critical hit is a crit fail that causes hilarity to ensue. I am happy in any role that the party needs. My roommates lean towards number crunching, and rp tends to take a back seat so I am looking for a more even balance of rp and combat. I am currently out of work due to covid so my schedule is completely open. I would love a chance to give fantasy grounds a go an hope to hear back soon.

Thanks, =)
Zack