PDA

View Full Version : Sharing Tokens

JMunsonII
May 22nd, 2020, 18:00
Greetings!

I'm trying to share out spell tokens for use with DM Tools. I have the token folders in FantasyGroundsData/tokens/shared. On the DM side, they populate in the Assets window under the Data bag. On the client side, I get nothing.

What am I not doing here?

Thanks!

Jon

LordEntrails
May 22nd, 2020, 18:28
I don't think Tokens work they same way they did in FGC. I skimmed this article, but did not find an answer for you; https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/951023/Using+the+Assets+Window+for+Tokens+Portraits+and+I mages

JMunsonII
May 22nd, 2020, 18:40
Thanks LordEntrails!

I'm doing what the document suggests, but, as noted, they don't show up in the player client... :/

JMunsonII
May 22nd, 2020, 22:33
I tested on both Mac and PC server/client situations, must be an FGU thing or I'm doing something quite wrong.

According to dox, I just need to put the tokens anywhere inside the tokens folder: FantasyGroundsData/tokens/tokenfolder/tokens.png and that should work. I tried "shared", and "shared" with corresponding "host" and also same in the campaign folder. Tokens just don't become visible.

Moon Wizard
May 22nd, 2020, 23:43
Tokens can not be shared at this time. Only tokens locally installed are available in the Assets window. We are planning to potentially look at token sharing after first release; but it does incur a lot of overhead due to having to send all the files plus check every time the player connects for updates.

Regards,
JPG

JMunsonII
May 23rd, 2020, 14:22
Bummer for the time being. Looking forward to that changing in the future!

Thanks for the answer Moon Wizard!

skj310
May 27th, 2021, 23:52
Hello there FGU support,

Just wanted to add some air and revive this thread. I was looking in the wiki about sharing tokens with players as was done in FGC and am not sure if this remains not possible or if since this time last year we are now able to share?

Thanks

LordEntrails
May 28th, 2021, 00:03
No change in token behavior since Moon last replied. Check the Wish List and see if there is a suggestion you can vote for, if not, add it :)

skj310
May 28th, 2021, 07:50
No change in token behavior since Moon last replied. Check the Wish List and see if there is a suggestion you can vote for, if not, add it :)

Righto ... and to aid others who are also thinking this thought ... add your vote here: https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=135426