PDA

View Full Version : Help with DLC

Kethevin
May 21st, 2020, 04:06
I am currently using FGC on Steam. I just purchased Ultimate Magic and the Pathfinder Core Rules; but I don't see either within Fantasy Grounds. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Fear Grounds
May 21st, 2020, 04:12
Close the fantasy grounds application down. Resynchronize your fantasy grounds and steam accounts together. Reopen fantasy grounds. Once it is up and running, open your library and click modules. It's should be listed there now.

LordEntrails
May 21st, 2020, 04:14
Don't forget to Update FG after you sync your account.

Kethevin
May 21st, 2020, 04:51
I just reinstalled the program and updated it once installed. I still do not see the purchases.

Second question, why doesn't Pathfinder 2 have the same visual options as regular Pathfinder, like the wood... it looked much better than what I see here.

Thanks. :-)

https://i.imgur.com/mbZbmKh.png

I loaded Pathfinder 1 to make sure I didn't make a mistake:

https://i.imgur.com/7WbCynm.png

From this, I'm guessing Ultimate Magic doesn't work with PF 2, however, you can see I do have both installed.

https://i.imgur.com/9Hey6p0.png

Regarding PF2, this is all that shows for modules:

https://i.imgur.com/WtIGoKe.png

Kethevin
May 21st, 2020, 05:06
Close the fantasy grounds application down. Resynchronize your fantasy grounds and steam accounts together. Reopen fantasy grounds. Once it is up and running, open your library and click modules. It's should be listed there now.

I'm sorry, I had it in my mind Sync and Update were the same. I have now linked Steam and FG. The update is running. I'll post again if it doesn't work.

If it does thank you so much for helping. :-)

Kethevin
May 21st, 2020, 05:18
Okay, it worked just fine, thanks.

Out of curiosity, is there any way to make the desktop of PF2 look as cool as PF1?

Fear Grounds
May 21st, 2020, 05:23
The overall look of the ruleset can be changed with extensions that you select when creating your game. The same screen where you select the ruleset you want to use. I'm not sure what extensions have been made for Pathfinder 2 though. Try checking the Pathfinder forums to see what's available so far.

Blahness98
May 21st, 2020, 06:29
I believe the wood theme is available to use in other rule sets. If it isn't, all that needs to be done is opening up the .ext file and adding the proper tags for the rule set (<ruleset>PFRPG2</ruleset>).

Ultimate Magic will not work with PF2 as it is for PF1. If you load up the PF1 rule set, you will see it in there.

Kethevin
May 21st, 2020, 06:37
I believe the wood theme is available to use in other rule sets. If it isn't, all that needs to be done is opening up the .ext file and adding the proper tags for the rule set (<ruleset>PFRPG2</ruleset>).

Ultimate Magic will not work with PF2 as it is for PF1. If you load up the PF1 rule set, you will see it in there.

Wow. I actually pulled that off. Thank you. Could you give me one more hint, where would I go to change the buttons from the PF2 style to what was offered in PF1. Thanks.

Blahness98
May 21st, 2020, 06:44
Buttons would involve copying the images from the PF1 rule set, writing an extension to overwrite the buttons with the proper images and labels, and then packaging the entire thing up for you to load. I unfortunately have not messed with the code for PF2, so that is beyond me. Poke about in the PF2 forum and ask Trenloe about it. He might be able to point you in the correct direction.

Kethevin
May 21st, 2020, 07:00
Buttons would involve copying the images from the PF1 rule set, writing an extension to overwrite the buttons with the proper images and labels, and then packaging the entire thing up for you to load. I unfortunately have not messed with the code for PF2, so that is beyond me. Poke about in the PF2 forum and ask Trenloe about it. He might be able to point you in the correct direction.

Thank you. I will give it a try myself first and see if I don't make anything explode and if it doesn't work I will follow your advice! :-) I appreciate it.