PDA

View Full Version : Custom module for our first setting book

Jasondandr
May 21st, 2020, 00:15
Howdy,

My name is Jason Massey and I'm from the Dungeons and Randomness podcast. We are just about to go to print with our first setting book and I would love to turn it into a module on FG. I'm not really experienced with such a thing though and I was looking for someone to do the coding for us. Is there a place where I might hire someone for that job? What is a good rate for something like that?

A little about our book. It's a beast at 390 pages. There are creatures, classes, maps, history and tons of NPCs.
I'll leave a link below with a sample.

Any help would be very appreciated.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dandrpodcast/the-adventurers-guide-to-theria-volume-1-ellara?ref=user_menu

Mortar
May 21st, 2020, 00:59
The first thing you should do, if you haven't already, is reach out to Doug ([email protected]) and set up a publisher's licensing agreement. Then they can find a community developer to do it, or you can do what you just did here.

As for what it cost to hire somebody yourself to do it I suspect that will vary from developer to developer depending on what you are looking for them to produce. Each of us values our time slightly differently. A 390 page book done properly has a couple of hundred hours of work involved in its adaptation especially since from what I see in the preview this HAS to have a theme done for it as well.