PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to move an in-progress 5e campaign from FGU to FGC

bracken
May 20th, 2020, 20:39
Hi,

I have been running a 5e campaign using FGU with about 10 to 12 hours of game time now. Unfortunately one of my players is hitting regular crashes and freezes and another only has a Linux machine so hasn't been able to join in. I am now considering shifting to using FGC until FGU has matured a bit more. I tried just copying the directory from one campaign folder to the other but FGC seemed to freeze trying to load it. Not too surprised really, I suspect it works better going in the other direction. Has anyone got any hints on how I can do this wthout rebuilding all the characters and their gear from scratch?

Trenloe
May 20th, 2020, 20:46
You can try exporting he characters from FGU and then importing them into FGC as your first step.

Zacchaeus
May 20th, 2020, 20:48
I suspect you will have issues.

Try this (I have no idea if this works or not). Start a new campaign in Classic with no extensions or modules loaded. Close it down. Then copy the db.xml from the campaign folder in Unity and paste into the Campaign in Classic (thus overwriting the db.xml in the classic campaign). Now start the Classic campaign. If that doesn't work then the chances are high that reversing back to FGC is at best problematic.

bracken
May 20th, 2020, 20:49
I am going to try that now ... thanks, Trenloe

bracken
May 20th, 2020, 20:50
... and Zacchaeus. It is amazing how quick you can get responses here sometimes!