PDA

View Full Version : FGU - Duplicate tokens

fabiocm
May 20th, 2020, 18:41
I'm using FGU in my 5E campaing since later april. I would like to comment about a bug appearing during the use of maps (and possibly LOS).

The player are having their tokens duplicated often when they uses their mouses to move them. Me, as the GM, did'nt noticed that, except once, but the issue is being common with the players.

Some workaround for this?

pollux
May 20th, 2020, 19:36
I haven't otherwise heard this reported. Is there anything you can do to reproduce it at will? Can you provide a screenshot and logs when it next happens?

LordEntrails
May 20th, 2020, 19:39
The only work around I know of is to use the arrow keys to move tokens instead of mouse drags.

Are you using any extensions? Does this happen with all maps? I assume all tokens have been added to the map from the combat tracker?

watjep
May 21st, 2020, 18:02
We have seen it here, moving tokens with the arrow keys does not fix it. It is on the player client end only, our DM does not see duplicate tokens only the players. It comes and go. Basically sometimes when you end your movement ie lift up on the mouse you get a token at the start and at the end move position. The start token is unselectable after that. Kicking everyone from the map and restarting fixes it for awhile. A player quitting and rejoining does not though. No extensions installed and started happening after the last update.

fabiocm
May 23rd, 2020, 15:47
We have seen it here, moving tokens with the arrow keys does not fix it. It is on the player client end only, our DM does not see duplicate tokens only the players. It comes and go. Basically sometimes when you end your movement ie lift up on the mouse you get a token at the start and at the end move position. The start token is unselectable after that. Kicking everyone from the map and restarting fixes it for awhile. A player quitting and rejoining does not though. No extensions installed and started happening after the last update.

It is exactly as above. I'll try the underlined action next time. I don't have a screenshot because, as mentioned by watjep, the bug is visible only in the players end, with one exception that I ignored because session was already finished (sorry :().
I was with several D&D5E extension and modules installed.

bmos
May 23rd, 2020, 16:58
I've seen this happen as a DM, although it will go away when I move the token.
Windows 10 64-bit. PF1e ruleset.

watjep
May 24th, 2020, 20:20
Still happening with the latest release they also get pink dots on them.

watjep
June 6th, 2020, 20:46
Still happening we can also duplicate pointers, getting real annoying.

watjep
June 6th, 2020, 20:56
The duplicate icons also have a pink dot where their heath stat dot is

watjep
June 6th, 2020, 21:08
When you switch between the maps windowed and maximized, duplicate icons are cleared. In fact if you leave the map in maximized mode the duplicate icons go away.

watjep
June 6th, 2020, 21:23
more bugs if you target a creature and then the dm removes that token, you cannot remove that target now, the dm needs to clear it looks like

watjep
June 6th, 2020, 22:32
another bug if you have a heal that does not require a die roll, you cannot drop it on an icon to heal you have to explicitly target the icon then press the heal button.

Moon Wizard
June 7th, 2020, 07:40
@watjep,

Thanks for the feedback so far. Could you provide exact steps to recreate the duplicate token and duplicate pointer issues? We haven't been able to recreate locally.

Thanks,
JPG

watjep
June 7th, 2020, 18:00
Steps

Create/load a map with LOS data the map MUST be in windowed mode
Open the combat tracker add some token ( happens with both NPC and PC tokens)
Have more than 1 player join the campaign and take over a token
Drop them on the map so they cannot see each other
Start moving them around.
Or create pointers in a space where they have no LOS and move them around

In our case the common setup was

Map had LOS on but mask setting did not matter ( note we did not test with LOS off )
Map has to be in windowed mode if you maximized the map window the duplicates get cleared and wont show up again.
Only happens on players map, our DM has never seen it on his end
Must be more than 1 player, never been able to repro with just 1 dm and 1 player
Might be related to moving quickly into areas where you did not have LOS or creating tokens in areas where you dont have LOS.

Moon Wizard
June 11th, 2020, 00:26
Are you still seeing this in the build released on June 6th?

I just tried to set up a GM and 2 players on the same map owning tokens separated by an LoS wall; and creating pointers on GM and both players as well as moving tokens and pointers on GM and both players. I didn't see any duplication.

If still seeing duplication, perhaps you can create short video showing the issue?

Thanks,
JPG

qdwag
June 20th, 2020, 04:29
Hmm, I actually experienced this issue last week on Classic. I had no idea how to resolve it so my game ended prematurely. If anyone has a workable solution, I'd really appreciate it.

From what I can tell, it happens when the GM and players try to move the same tokens.

Countryman117
June 21st, 2020, 03:55
I had the same issue when i was playing around, 5e rule set in FGU

pindercarl
July 16th, 2020, 17:57
Can anyone confirm whether they are still seeing this error with the July 14 (or later) build? Thanks.

Countryman117
July 16th, 2020, 18:08
I ran a session in Saturday, didn't see the issue, but will let y'all know if it happens agaun

dellanx
July 16th, 2020, 19:08
I've seen this happen as a DM, although it will go away when I move the token.
Windows 10 64-bit. PF1e ruleset.

I saw it too, but was not sure what happened.

Slayde
August 26th, 2020, 01:33
I experienced this same issue with an updated version of Fantasy Grounds Unity on Aug 19, 2020 for Pathfinder v2

Moon Wizard
August 26th, 2020, 05:55
Can you reproduce the issue? If so, can you provide the steps to recreate?

Thanks,
JPG

CrankyProf
September 3rd, 2020, 16:33
I ran into the same issue last night. FG Unity - v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-08-28). I'll try to duplicate and update. It was cleared by re-sharing the map. It started happening when I turned on the option "Party Vision and Movement", which I used to allow my players to control NPCs.

g0ntzal
September 3rd, 2020, 18:36
We could realize that if a player is seeing the map and GM shares it again, the token is duplicated. If player closes and re-open the map again all works normally.

DMDad
September 4th, 2020, 00:05
It happens to my campaigns (5e) after I have shared the map with the players then share it again with a player who just joined.

martinmallet
September 18th, 2020, 04:58
Still happening today.

Zacchaeus
September 18th, 2020, 08:44
Still happening today.

Welcome to FG

Indeed, but expect a fix in the next patch.

martinmallet
September 18th, 2020, 13:25
Welcome to FG

Indeed, but expect a fix in the next patch.

Thanks for letting us know :-) We were able to workaround it by moving the token from the party sheet to a map and back

Moon Wizard
September 18th, 2020, 18:26
Just closing and re-opening the image window will clear. Re-sharing the image record while the window is open will cause the issue.

Regards,
JPG

ddaley
September 20th, 2020, 22:00
The only work around I know of is to use the arrow keys to move tokens instead of mouse drags.

Are you using any extensions? Does this happen with all maps? I assume all tokens have been added to the map from the combat tracker?

This has been happening to my group as well. We just switched from Classic to Unity and I ran our 2nd session on Thursday. The players had this issue a number of times. As DM, I never saw the duplicates. We were using 2 extensions. I thought it might be due to the extensions, so, we restarted without any extensions. But, the problem still persisted.

Another work around that my players found is that if they close their map and reopen it, then the dupes are gone for a while.

ddaley
September 20th, 2020, 22:03
Just closing and re-opening the image window will clear. Re-sharing the image record while the window is open will cause the issue.

Regards,
JPG

This could be... I did re-share images a few times. I didn't notice the correlation with the dupes. I'll pay more attention when I run our next session on Tuesday. My players are all new. Sometimes they "lose" the map and the easiest way to get it back is for me to re-share it.