PDA

View Full Version : Long Rest Reminder

Three of Swords
May 19th, 2020, 23:26
I finally wrote my first extension. It's a simple one called Long Rest Reminder.

It does two things:

1. If you create a Story entry named LRR it will pop it up on the DM screen when the party takes a long rest. That way you can jot down reminders for when PCs take a Long Rest. Things like consume rations, pay living expenses, roll for charges on items, make saving throws to recover from diseases, curses, etc. Things like that.
2. It adds two slash commands /longrestLRR and /shortrestLRR so you can apply rests from the hotbar rather than go through the combat tracker.

Known issue: The text displayed in the chat window when using the slash commands doesn't match what would be displayed if you used the combat tracker. I'll get around to fixing that at a later date.

Hopefully someone finds this useful. I know I will. And if you have any problems or minor suggestions, let me know.

Note: I know just enough about programming to be dangerous. So I'm sure my code is sloppy and ugly. Feel free to offer suggestions to tighten it up. Also, any feature addition suggestions will have to be very minor, or something that I really like. Because for me to implement anything means a lot of research how to do it.

ScriedRaven
May 20th, 2020, 01:03
Very useful, especially if you need events to occur every dawn, kinda like Tomb of Annihilation does.

Three of Swords
May 20th, 2020, 03:24
Very useful, especially if you need events to occur every dawn, kinda like Tomb of Annihilation does.

Ah, I have not experienced that module. I didn't know that dawn was an important time. So this would definitely assist w/ that.

I also like to set up links to my weather system so remember to tell the players how hard it's raining, reminder to remove exhaustion, etc.

Beemanpat
May 20th, 2020, 04:29
Nice. I will check this out. I was in process of making an extension that did just this. Awesome.

EDIT: Gave this a look over. I really like this. May not be as intended but set up chat boxes to click and push to chat window.

FeatherRin
August 12th, 2020, 00:02
Seem pretty, useful, will try it out. Thanks!

BushViper
December 24th, 2021, 17:53
Is this extension still being maintained? If so, it appears the most recent patch broke it.

Three of Swords
December 24th, 2021, 17:59
Is this extension still being maintained? If so, it appears the most recent patch broke it.

My apologies. I no longer use FG so I am not maintaining it.

If someone else wants to update it, feel free. I don't claim any ownership.

edit: grammar

BushViper
December 24th, 2021, 18:20
My apologies. I no longer use FG so I am not maintaining it.

That's unfortunate. This small extension was actually quite useful.

Be well in whatever platform you're using to play your games!

Beemanpat
December 25th, 2021, 20:54
I stopped using this extension and wrote(with help) a small extension that just changed the generated message to what I wanted in the chatbox. I'll take a look at this one and see if I can figure out how to fix it seeing that Three of Swords is no longer maintaining and gave their blessing that it free for claim.

No promises on "when" though

BushViper
December 26th, 2021, 04:29
I stopped using this extension and wrote(with help) a small extension that just changed the generated message to what I wanted in the chatbox. I'll take a look at this one and see if I can figure out how to fix it seeing that Three of Swords is no longer maintaining and gave their blessing that it free for claim.

No promises on "when" though

Thank you.

mccartysr
December 29th, 2021, 01:28
Beemanpat, if you don't mind, this is something I could fix and have uploaded on Forge by the end of the day with some minor tweaks. (Price would be free).

Beemanpat
December 29th, 2021, 01:50
Beemanpat, if you don't mind, this is something I could fix and have uploaded on Forge by the end of the day with some minor tweaks. (Price would be free).

Go for it. Hadn't had any time to learn some Lua yet. Thank you

mccartysr
December 30th, 2021, 01:32
This extension is now available on the Forge at https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/427/view.
New support thread is at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?71853-Long-Rest-Reminders.