PDA

View Full Version : AD&D 2E ruleset and FGU (During FGU Beta) Status

celestian
May 19th, 2020, 21:05
I've started working on FGU compatibility issues with the new updates making the system more stable.

This thread is to follow that progress.

sadwargamer
May 21st, 2020, 10:59
Ouch not good news, fully understand your position though Celestian.

Although I purchased Unity as the way forward with fantasy grounds purely for running 2E (Unity = same feature functionality at launch as classic, but with added extras and future proof), with also the understanding that FGU was due for imminent release (around now as I understand).

Seems now though that FGU is way behind where it should be in both features and performance compared to FGC and is a long way off being launched, it follows then there will be an even longer delay while you then go back and implement all the changes you have done for FGC for FGU for 2E. Very disappointing news indeed.

On a practical note – if you release a 2E update and it breaks FGU is there a way we can revert to previous working version?

celestian
May 21st, 2020, 15:02
On a practical note – if you release a 2E update and it breaks FGU is there a way we can revert to previous working version?

It will really depends on what "broke" it. I suspect that wont be an issue (breaking FGU entirely) but certain features might cause errors until they are implmented.

DM Wyvern
May 31st, 2020, 07:14
Yeah. I abandoned FGU and fully support Celestian focusing on the 2e ruleset in FGC until FGU comes out of Beta.

JoeTrow
May 31st, 2020, 16:11
I have both FGC and FGU but really have not done anything with FGC - last 3 weekends we ran a large battle - modified SouthCrypt 2e - about 75 NPC Tannurkk Orc's vs 8 Player Characters - the battle lasted 20 combat rounds and took 3 weekends (Saturday's 3pm - 11pm) to complete - I guess overall it went OK - we did have several issues with FGU but the most frustrating was the 30 or 45 seconds lag time when going from one "Actor" in the combat tracker to the other.

I have a question about that - is there anyway to allow going through the tracker a second or third time in a round to allow for those that have multiple attacks - we have never played that a fighter with 2 or 3 attacks a round gets them all at the same time - it was everyone gets their first attack and then the those that get more than one attack gets their second and third. Just wondering if there is any way to do this?

celestian
May 31st, 2020, 18:57
I have a question about that - is there anyway to allow going through the tracker a second or third time in a round to allow for those that have multiple attacks - we have never played that a fighter with 2 or 3 attacks a round gets them all at the same time - it was everyone gets their first attack and then the those that get more than one attack gets their second and third. Just wondering if there is any way to do this?

At this time no. I've been thinking about some options to handle that but it's not something I'm prepared to do just yet.

TheFlyingGribble
June 7th, 2020, 16:45
One of the latest updates to FGU looks like it implemented window minimize and some dev 'bringToFront' functionality. Was that what you needed to enable the Menus @celestian?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54466-FGU-Early-Access-Updates&p=516487&viewfull=1#post516487

celestian
June 7th, 2020, 18:03
One of the latest updates to FGU looks like it implemented window minimize and some dev 'bringToFront' functionality. Was that what you needed to enable the Menus @celestian?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54466-FGU-Early-Access-Updates&p=516487&viewfull=1#post516487

I did see it and did run a brief test but there are still somethings that are not fully functional yet for it to work properly.

celestian
August 22nd, 2020, 03:27
I will be posting a update that should arrive around first of September for FGU (might be on test before, I'll announce if so) that will update various options for the 2E ruleset.

The FGU updates to subwindows/scrolls and patches for effects has allowed me to feel more confident in working with FGU. This should dramatically improve the 2E ruleset experience in FGU.

DM Wyvern
August 22nd, 2020, 07:01
I will be posting a update that should arrive around first of September for FGU (might be on test before, I'll announce if so) that will update various options for the 2E ruleset.

The FGU updates to subwindows/scrolls and patches for effects has allowed me to feel more confident in working with FGU. This should dramatically improve the 2E ruleset experience in FGU.

Awesome! Looking forward to moving over to FGU when you are able to spend some more time on it with the 2e ruleset!

TheFlyingGribble
August 22nd, 2020, 12:34

Excellent news! Thanks for your persistence.

TheFlyingGribble
September 2nd, 2020, 11:06
An update just downloaded which has made the menus work rather than the sidebar. Yay!

I'm still seeing odd behaviour in the CT where buttons from the sub-window appear outside of the main CT window when i swap between characters.

https://imgur.com/a/QBvvUYK

Is this ruleset specific or should I post in the FGU section?

Cheers,

TFG

celestian
September 2nd, 2020, 16:16
An update just downloaded which has made the menus work rather than the sidebar. Yay!

I'm still seeing odd behaviour in the CT where buttons from the sub-window appear outside of the main CT window when i swap between characters.

https://imgur.com/a/QBvvUYK

Is this ruleset specific or should I post in the FGU section?

Cheers,

TFG

Please report the buttons outside of the windows in the FGU forum. I've seen it in other windows as well and it appears to be a problem with FGU.

Other issues specific to the ruleset (like not all the books showing in the Books menu) are perfect to post here.

The Books problem I ran into previously and will look at it again to see what needs to be done. FGU handles some characters differently and I suspect that is the cause.

TheFlyingGribble
September 2nd, 2020, 16:24
Thanks - I'll post the CT issue in the FGU support forum.

galfaroth2000
September 2nd, 2020, 17:06
Thank you for your work Celestian, as always is good.
I have 2 issues regarding "items", so I posted here, if it is not the most appropriate forum, please point me in the right direction.
The issues, of course, correspond to the 2E ruleset (tested on FG classic)
1.- If you add weapons with ammo (like Blowgun) to a player... in the "Actions" tab, the two ammunition names (Needle, Dart) are lost and they are presented as Blowgun.
2.- In the "Powers" tabs for items/weapons would be possible (or is already somehow implemented?) the chance to either set-up "a percentile cast" (similar to the thieves abilities checks) or run a table. In that way, it would be possible, as an example, add a 25% chance to add some fire damage on hit...

celestian
September 2nd, 2020, 17:14
Thank you for your work Celestian, as always is good.
1.- If you add weapons with ammo (like Blowgun) to a player... in the "Actions" tab, the two ammunition names (Needle, Dart) are lost and they are presented as Blowgun.

Can you show me an example before/after or step by step process? There is no way you can have 2 ammo types for a weapon so I am confused what is happening.

celestian
September 2nd, 2020, 21:50
Left is FGC, right is FGU.

Notice the alignment and graphic ghosting in FGU (not FGC).

https://i.imgur.com/PWXVmg6.png

Not sure what I can do about it unless someone knows whats causing the ghosting. I can align the scroll bar differently in FGU but int should be the same in both.

I've noticed if you change the mode/display the ghost bar vanishes. Again im not sure why it's in FGU and not FGC but...

galfaroth2000
September 7th, 2020, 03:48
Sorry for the double posting.
Hoy can I delete this port?

galfaroth2000
September 7th, 2020, 03:51
Can you show me an example before/after or step by step process? There is no way you can have 2 ammo types for a weapon so I am confused what is happening.

I copy/paste the blowgun to the (New) group in ITEMS, so it can be "editable".
As you can see in the Weapons tab, of the Blowgun, you have two kinds of Ammo that can be used, Barbed Dart and Needle. They make different damage.
In the Actions tab of the PC, under Weapon's section, the two Ammo types are renamed as Blowgun.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39137&d=1599446796

celestian
September 7th, 2020, 07:23
I copy/paste the blowgun to the (New) group in ITEMS, so it can be "editable".
As you can see in the Weapons tab, of the Blowgun, you have two kinds of Ammo that can be used, Barbed Dart and Needle. They make different damage.
In the Actions tab of the PC, under Weapon's section, the two Ammo types are renamed as Blowgun.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39137&d=1599446796

My guess is the item is not identified? I'll try and run a test locally tomorrow but check that and see. If you set the name in the "gear" on the weapon that should set it. I could be missing something here tho.

celestian
September 7th, 2020, 22:02
Sterno reported an issue with dice issues with his extension and it got me looking into something that the ruleset does similarly and I noticed an issue.

Currently the effect "DDR: X type" is not working in FGU. The reason is the format of the dice structure has changed.

Not a major issue but FYI... I'll try and resolve this once I get my system problems with running FGU sorted.