PDA

View Full Version : Shadowrun 5e (MoreCore Extension)

rmilmine
May 19th, 2020, 19:23
After a brief discussion with superteddy57. I am going to be taking over this project.

Version 0.9.8.14 is now available.

full release: 39278

Known Issues:
Skills don't always use skills groups properly. Adds skills then add skill groups after to avoid issues.

This still to do:
NPC sheet needs lots of work. (armor, spells still need doing)
Combat Tracker. I've done some changes for getting this to work, but there is a lot more to do.
Total weight for encumbrance
Lots more that I've no idea about yet I'm sure.

EDIT: See next post for a possible fix

antaskidayo
May 19th, 2020, 19:45
This version may fix the getActor issues

esmdev
May 19th, 2020, 20:17
So great to read!

rmilmine
May 21st, 2020, 02:18
So I changes some things and added some more.
Powers were changed a little.
I added Rituals, removed Preparations and added a new field for spells.

The following is how spells now look:

and this is how rituals look:

I'm going to put preparations into items. I've not done that yet, but you can still do alchemy, you use a section on the magic tab in the character window.
The major change was on a character window. I added room for rituals and alchemical formulas.
I also made it so that you can now properly cast spells, perform rituals, create preparations, summon spirits and bind them. You can also resist drain and have it applied to the character.
The magic tab now looks like:

When you click on the cast, perform, create, summon or bind buttons the following screens will appear:

The spell casting window looks like:

and the summon spirit window is:

The others are similar.

For spirits the force is stored in the spirit when added to the list. edit the spirit and give it a force.
When you bind a spirit it will set the check box on the spirit when it runs out of services the checkbox will go away.
If you summon on a bound spirit the bound condition will be remove and the services will be reset.
Services get set when you click drain. It works this way with both summoning and binding.

Lastly I updated the combat tracker for the host. It shows the physical and stun tracks.

I've not gone through to figure out what needs doing. So I'm sure there is a lot missing.
The next thing I'm going to try and do it Edge.

GSKlein
May 22nd, 2020, 00:29
Thanks for taking over rmilmine

Is it possible to allow the physical and mental damage boxes and the physical, mental and social limit boxes to be manually changed? There's merits and flaws that can effect these limits and it would be nice to be able to modify them as needed.

rmilmine
May 22nd, 2020, 02:12
Thanks for taking over rmilmine

Is it possible to allow the physical and mental damage boxes and the physical, mental and social limit boxes to be manually changed? There's merits and flaws that can effect these limits and it would be nice to be able to modify them as needed.

Those fields are calculated if you change something that it is based off of I'm guessing the changes you made will be lost.
I think it best to add a mod area where you can enter changes to them. Then they can be totaled to get the final result.

GSKlein
May 22nd, 2020, 02:17
Those fields are calculated if you change something that it is based off of I'm guessing the changes you made will be lost.
I think it best to add a mod area where you can enter changes to them. Then they can be totaled to get the final result.

Increasing the modifier in Body or Strength etc doesn't increase the Condition boxes or Limit boxes.

rmilmine
May 22nd, 2020, 02:19
I've uploaded a new version 0.9.8.1.

I added edge to skills and the magic tab.
If you Shift+double click a skill total it will roll the skill as a specialization.
if you Ctrl+double click it will spend edge on the roll.
you can also Shift+Ctrl+double click.

If you Ctrl+click any of the buttons on the cast windows in the magic tab it will spend edge.
If you Ctrl+click the resist drain buttons it will spend edge.
It won't let you spend edge if you don't have any.

I removed the Mod and max edge fields and added a current field.

rmilmine
May 22nd, 2020, 02:21
Increasing the modifier in Body or Strength etc doesn't increase the Condition boxes or Limit boxes.

Something I'll look at. Lots to do that isn't finished.
My guess is the modifiers don't affect a current value for any of the attributes either.

GSKlein
May 22nd, 2020, 02:29
Thanks rmilmine looking forward to the update. Great work so far.

rmilmine
May 22nd, 2020, 05:05
Uploaded a change to clean up Attributes and limits. It just dawned on me astral limit needs to be updated. I'll do that in the morning.
You now have an editable field, an editable modifier field and a total field that isn't editable.
Limits now use the total field.
Limits now have a modifier field that is editable and a total field.
Only the modifier field is editable.

GSKlein
May 22nd, 2020, 19:39
Hello rmilmine…

I still don't see a way to manually change the Physical Condition or Stun Condiiton modifier which is important due to certain Merits and Flaws which can increase these amounts not based on the actual Attributes. Anyway to change that? (Yes I know I'm a pain) LOL

rmilmine
May 22nd, 2020, 20:47
Hello rmilmine…

I still don't see a way to manually change the Physical Condition or Stun Condiiton modifier which is important due to certain Merits and Flaws which can increase these amounts not based on the actual Attributes. Anyway to change that? (Yes I know I'm a pain) LOL

On the primary character window tab there is an area for inherent limits.
There are now 3 boxes, the middle one is editable.

GSKlein
May 22nd, 2020, 20:52
Hello rmilmine...I saw the Limit increases but its the Physical and Stun Condition boxes I'd also like to be able to modifier manually based on Positive or Negative Qualities which increase / decrease the amounts outside of the actual Attribute levels.

rmilmine
May 22nd, 2020, 22:13
Hello rmilmine...I saw the Limit increases but its the Physical and Stun Condition boxes I'd also like to be able to modifier manually based on Positive or Negative Qualities which increase / decrease the amounts outside of the actual Attribute levels.

Ah, ok. I misunderstood what you were looking for. I'll need to move stuff around to make room for more boxes in that area.
Going to be a bit till I get around to it.
I'm knee deep in changes that aren't ready yet. I'll add it to the list once I'm done with the current changes I'm making.

GSKlein
May 22nd, 2020, 22:28
Ah, ok. I misunderstood what you were looking for. I'll need to move stuff around to make room for more boxes in that area.
Going to be a bit till I get around to it.
I'm knee deep in changes that aren't ready yet. I'll add it to the list once I'm done with the current changes I'm making.

Thanks rmilmine...I do appreciate all the work. This is going to make my gaming group happier...and things a little easier for tracking.

I'll save my next suggestions until your current work is done. Although...it would be nice for the Items to have some better breakdown for gear...such as Bioware, Cyber- eyes, Cyber- bodyware, etc rather then just generic Augmentation etc

(Like I said previously...I'm a pain...I like things to fit in boxes for organization)

rmilmine
May 23rd, 2020, 02:21
Thanks rmilmine...I do appreciate all the work. This is going to make my gaming group happier...and things a little easier for tracking.

I'll save my next suggestions until your current work is done. Although...it would be nice for the Items to have some better breakdown for gear...such as Bioware, Cyber- eyes, Cyber- bodyware, etc rather then just generic Augmentation etc

(Like I said previously...I'm a pain...I like things to fit in boxes for organization)

As do I. I'm working on items right now.
I've added mods to armor and weapons, as well as ammo.
My plan is to take the firing of firearms/projectile weapons/launchers and give you a list of ammo to use based on what is loaded in the weapon item.
I have the lists working. I'm just about to edit weapon and armor accessories so that they have stats to them.

Still a long way away from having it do damage to other characters though.
Lots to do.

GSKlein
May 23rd, 2020, 02:37
As do I. I'm working on items right now.
I've added mods to armor and weapons, as well as ammo.
My plan is to take the firing of firearms/projectile weapons/launchers and give you a list of ammo to use based on what is loaded in the weapon item.
I have the lists working. I'm just about to edit weapon and armor accessories so that they have stats to them.

Still a long way away from having it do damage to other characters though.
Lots to do.

Wow

Awesome...I'm going to have trouble waiting.

JamesManhattan
May 24th, 2020, 20:12
When casting a spell and then clicking Drain, it says "cant find Drain attribute". So going into the Library, you have to create your own "Tradition" such as Shamanism which lets you put in Drain stats etc. Then drag that Tradition onto your character's magic page. Unless there is a data library for this ruleset floating around somewhere, is there?

JamesManhattan
May 24th, 2020, 20:15
also a potential bug: I created my own NPC's and gave them skills such as "Pistol [8], Unarmed Combat 2 [6]" which become highlighted and clickable in the old ruleset. In this one it gives me an error "attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'nEdgeDice' (a nil value)"

rmilmine
May 24th, 2020, 20:56
When casting a spell and then clicking Drain, it says "cant find Drain attribute". So going into the Library, you have to create your own "Tradition" such as Shamanism which lets you put in Drain stats etc. Then drag that Tradition onto your character's magic page. Unless there is a data library for this ruleset floating around somewhere, is there?

Yes that is how it works.

As for the datasets, you'll need to make them on your own I'm afraid. Public sharing is probably against copyright law.

rmilmine
May 24th, 2020, 20:57
also a potential bug: I created my own NPC's and gave them skills such as "Pistol [8], Unarmed Combat 2 [6]" which become highlighted and clickable in the old ruleset. In this one it gives me an error "attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'nEdgeDice' (a nil value)"

I probably broke the npc window when I added edge to things. I'll add it to the list of things to fix.

esmdev
May 25th, 2020, 00:06
If we have a prior set of equipment in place will the ruleset be able to use them post update or will we need to redo them?

rmilmine
May 25th, 2020, 00:42
If we have a prior set of equipment in place will the ruleset be able to use them post update or will we need to redo them?

The changes I've made shouldn't break any items.
I'm adding a sub category to augments. Most of what I did to items was adding. I've tried to not take things away.

rmilmine
May 25th, 2020, 00:58
I have posted a new version, 0.9.8.3 to the first post.

I added a mod field and total field to the physical and stun tracks.
I fixed skills on NPCs.(They can now use edge)
I added mods to weapons, and armor in two varieties. You can add them in them from the items window and when anyone drags that version of the item to the character sheet they get the mods.
You can also mod the item on the character sheet.
I also added a place for ammo in ranged weapons.
I added a subcategory to augments so that you can now sort them a little better.
When you go to attack with a weapon now it will give you a screen with options.
For firearms and projectile weapons it gives you options for ammo.
Select the ammo you want to use, based on what is loaded into the weapons ammo list.
It deals with ammo count as well, loading and unloading new ammo.
Edge is working in most places. I think things like surprise, composure, etc are the only things not supporting edge.

If you find that I've broken something that was working before please let me know.
I'm still figuring out the interconnectedness of the code and bound to miss things.

I've figured out a way to do spellcasting, summoning etc in one click instead of 2, so I'm going to be changing that in the near future.
Making this change will allow for the ability to pass along affects of spells to targets in the combat tracker.
I still need to figure out how to do that. I've seen some code related to it in other things I've looked at, but still uncertain of where to start.

esmdev
May 25th, 2020, 01:05
The changes I've made shouldn't break any items.
I'm adding a sub category to augments. Most of what I did to items was adding. I've tried to not take things away.

Great news!

rmilmine
May 25th, 2020, 01:16
Great news!

I know one of the changes I made to spells made it so that I had to go through and edit the spells I had entered so that they had the new type and sub-types in use.
That is the only change I've made that I recall seeing something that required changes to the data.

esmdev
May 25th, 2020, 01:38
I know one of the changes I made to spells made it so that I had to go through and edit the spells I had entered so that they had the new type and sub-types in use.
That is the only change I've made that I recall seeing something that required changes to the data.

Changing that sort of thing is easy, retyping everything is hard, so no problem with that.

rmilmine
May 25th, 2020, 02:52
I am thinking of making a change to inventory, and the weapons, armor and other item based areas.

The idea I have is to make it so that you only add item to the inventory tab and the other places get populated with linked records.
I thought I would see what others think of the idea? I would probably still keep ammo and mods within other items.
I'm thinking ammo should probably be moved from one location to another, with a copy and delete process, so as to not allow duplication.

Let me know what you think and what you would like to see worked on.

Where should I put preparations? probably somewhere on the magic tab, but it's rather full now.

rmilmine
May 25th, 2020, 03:22
I also noticed that I need to completely revamp knowledge skills. Right now the name is the type not what you would type in.
I think I will add a type to skills.
Group, Active (Subtype), knowledge (Subtype) and language.
This I think will be cleaner.
Since all the skills are in the data, just not in the skills list.
I can auto-populate them into that area on the next update and use that from now on instead of the hard coded data.
I'm going to see about adding buttons to like the green plus on lists for knowledge skills that will generate a skill based on a particular type.
I'll see if I an figure out how to do that.

GSKlein
May 25th, 2020, 21:14
Wow rmilmine...outstanding work

I'm going to trying all these updates with my Players. We love Shadowrun and its awesome to see an extension that will allow us to game one of our favorites

Thanks for all the work so far !!

GSKlein
May 27th, 2020, 01:29
Hello rmilmine

Like what you've done but I notice I'm getting lots of errors when flipping to the skills tab and errors when adding new interests, knowledges etc

rmilmine
May 27th, 2020, 04:03
Hello rmilmine

Like what you've done but I notice I'm getting lots of errors when flipping to the skills tab and errors when adding new interests, knowledges etc

Sorry about this. I've fixed the problem with the skills tab.
I also fixed a problem with the Powers list screen. The type drop down wasn't displaying properly.
Unfortunately the fix requires data to be updated as the two category fields were reversed and I couldn't figure out how to change what field the power list screen used.

rmilmine
May 27th, 2020, 14:55
Updated the extention to 0.9.8.5.
Fixed an error message from an errant piece of code I missed removal of in spell casting.

The High Druid
May 28th, 2020, 18:24
I'm finding the popup windows for spellcasting and summoning quite intrusive, especially the large buttons, and one thing FG does not need is extra windows! Would very much prefer to be able to set the force and modifiers on the character sheet and have the roll go directly from the sheet. Pretty much as can be done with weapons.

rmilmine
May 28th, 2020, 20:49
The problem is screen realestate. There isn't any room on the screen for much more.
That's the reason I put that information in a window.

There is some room on the spell list for some but not all of the information.
Spirits have no room at all.
As for firearms the latest version has a window as well. I added many options to how firearms work.
Again some of the stuff could go elsewhere. The question is where?
The window size of the character sheet is already very large. I'm sure there are people who's screen is smaller than the character sheet window is.
As for the buttons those I can shrink.

The High Druid
May 28th, 2020, 23:52
Apologies, I guess I didn't explain very well. Having the pop out window to configure an ability once is great, you set your character up and then after that use the character sheet (how it previously worked for weapons). This is how it works for D&D 5E weapons and spells for example. You don't need to add the +1 for your magic weapon every time you make an attack roll. Having it pop up *every time* you use the ability is just a big annoyance and I think will slow things down more than speed them up.

ArcApathy
May 29th, 2020, 00:16
I have downloaded the MCSR5e.ext extension and placed it into the extensions folder but i'm not seeing it show up anywhere in FG. Is there something else I need to do or something I am missing?

damned
May 29th, 2020, 02:15
I have downloaded the MCSR5e.ext extension and placed it into the extensions folder but i'm not seeing it show up anywhere in FG. Is there something else I need to do or something I am missing?

Welcome ArcApathy

Yuo will also need to download MoreCore. Start a new MoreCore campaign and select the ShadowRun extension.

Ramid
May 31st, 2020, 14:38
Looks great keep up the good work :)

Ramid
May 31st, 2020, 16:27
Some questions about the Npc sheet.

Init and matrix init what is the syntax for the roll ?

Is it possible to drag and drop a weapon unto a npc and use it like on the pc sheet?

Dragowiz
May 31st, 2020, 18:12
Hey there,

We've been running a campaign for a couple months using the 9.7.3 version of the mod and now have been using 9.8.2 and for todays session gonna be testing 9.8.5. Here are a few bugs we've encountered so far, I just wanted to drop this as a quick list for now (I've forgotten to do so too many times) and if you need more info or help with replicating them etc, I'll be happy to help. I also got some of them fixed myself by editing the extension (knowledge skills) so I can also share a few ideas when I get around to opening the files again. Some of these might be duplicates from earlier posts, I'm just posting what we've noticed still happening:

Cyberlimb not giving +1 phys condition (this couldn't be done even manually earlier, current version offers the manual mod value to do this, could be it pulled from char sheet directly?)

Sometimes rolls show up as another actors roll, even hidden npcs on combat tracker, seems to be related to attribute rolls atleast -> This one is very annoying as it'll randomly pull another character from the combat tracker and list the roll as their action, thus revealing hidden entities on the tracker to the players.

As was mentioned earlier, knowledge skills seem to be broken again, I think I got it fixed through xml editing last time, making them act in a similar manner to normal skills, you earlier said you had an idea how to fix them?

Also a suggestion for a missing feature:
-Make an easy way to make a nD6 roll, where the extension would show hits/glitches etc as if it was a skill roll, currently if you just do a manual roll of nD6, you get the sum of their values

I was also working on adding an automated wound modifier to all skill/combat rolls where appropriate, was mainly having trouble getting the correct current wound fetched

Definetly glad to see work on this extension resuming, superteddy has created a solid foundation and your updates so far have been coming in nice and quick

GSKlein
May 31st, 2020, 20:07
Hello rmilmin. Very nice work so far.

There are difficulties with creating items such as when you select "augmentation" an error pops up. Would like to see the items fixed so Players can actually get whatever they want and have it classified properly.

rmilmine
June 1st, 2020, 05:16
I've uploaded a new version 0.9.8.6.

Things that changed:
I've changed weapons, and the magic tab's spells, alchemy, rituals, and conjuring to remove the popup window. instead everything you need is now in it's own list.
I fixed a bug I found with the way I was doing rolls that caused targeting to freeze fantasy grounds. It now properly displays who you have targeted and doesn't freeze the program.
I added wound modifiers to weapons, spells, alchemy, rituals, conjuring and skills.
Spells, rituals, alchemy and conjuring have their drain applied to the character sheet and the combat tracker.
Edge now works with weapons, spells, alchemy, rituals, conjuring, and skills (Hold down the Control key when you click the button).
The spell record for spells in the character sheet now display a checkbox to denote that the character has a specialization that impacts that spell.
The spirit record for summoning on the character sheet now displays two checkboxes to denote that the character has a specialization in summoning and/or binding respectively.

Things to do.
I need to restructure knowledge skills. They don't work the way the game meant them to, so I need to move things around, this might cause existing characters problems where they are concerned. I'll try to minimize this as much as possible.

NPC sheet has lots that needs doing. Most likely I will make it work like other games. Attacks will probably look something like, Ares Predator 10(9P -1AP) or Ares Predator SB 10(9P -1AP 3BF -2DM)
I'll need to add something to clear recoil on npcs. probably a Clear Recoil in the attack section.

The combat tracker needs work, both in it's display and in it's communication for targeting passing messages around so that targets take their lumps automatically. This won't be completely automated as players and gms will need to be able to spend edge on rolls. I'm thinking of adding a new window in the list on the top right that would have a list of all damage done to characters you control. You will then be able to click avoid or soak and have the rolls done appropriately. This is a long term goal and will take time.

The last item on my list is preparations. I need to add a new list somewhere for them so that you can use them and have them cast off the spell created by the current create preparation button. This list will be auto-populated by the create preparation button based on it's casting.

There is I'm sure more that needs doing. Please let me know about anything you can think of that needs work and of course any bugs you find.

rmilmine
June 1st, 2020, 05:20
Hey there,

We've been running a campaign for a couple months using the 9.7.3 version of the mod and now have been using 9.8.2 and for todays session gonna be testing 9.8.5. Here are a few bugs we've encountered so far, I just wanted to drop this as a quick list for now (I've forgotten to do so too many times) and if you need more info or help with replicating them etc, I'll be happy to help. I also got some of them fixed myself by editing the extension (knowledge skills) so I can also share a few ideas when I get around to opening the files again. Some of these might be duplicates from earlier posts, I'm just posting what we've noticed still happening:

Cyberlimb not giving +1 phys condition (this couldn't be done even manually earlier, current version offers the manual mod value to do this, could be it pulled from char sheet directly?)

Sometimes rolls show up as another actors roll, even hidden npcs on combat tracker, seems to be related to attribute rolls atleast -> This one is very annoying as it'll randomly pull another character from the combat tracker and list the roll as their action, thus revealing hidden entities on the tracker to the players.

As was mentioned earlier, knowledge skills seem to be broken again, I think I got it fixed through xml editing last time, making them act in a similar manner to normal skills, you earlier said you had an idea how to fix them?

Also a suggestion for a missing feature:
-Make an easy way to make a nD6 roll, where the extension would show hits/glitches etc as if it was a skill roll, currently if you just do a manual roll of nD6, you get the sum of their values

I was also working on adding an automated wound modifier to all skill/combat rolls where appropriate, was mainly having trouble getting the correct current wound fetched

Definetly glad to see work on this extension resuming, superteddy has created a solid foundation and your updates so far have been coming in nice and quick

Right now there is no code behind items that makes any changes to the characters stats. For now the mod boxes are there for that. At some point I'll look at adding effects to it that will allow for changes to stats and have the ability to link those effects to items so that they apply them to the character automatically.
Knowledge skills are something I'm definitely going to be working on.

rmilmine
June 1st, 2020, 05:21
Hello rmilmin. Very nice work so far.

There are difficulties with creating items such as when you select "augmentation" an error pops up. Would like to see the items fixed so Players can actually get whatever they want and have it classified properly.

I'll have a look at why augments is giving an error. No idea why it should be doing that it worked for me when I last looked at it.

rmilmine
June 1st, 2020, 05:25
I missed one item. Weapons and armor now have 2 new tabs on them. One for mods and one for ammo. The ammo one is really important right now. It lets you shoot ammo based on what a drop down in the weapon list. You can drag and drop ammo from the items list onto the ammo list.
The mods tab doesn't do much but list mods you have on the weapon or armor. At some point I'll look at having them do things to change the stats of the weapon.

rmilmine
June 1st, 2020, 05:25
Some questions about the Npc sheet.

Init and matrix init what is the syntax for the roll ?

Is it possible to drag and drop a weapon unto a npc and use it like on the pc sheet?

I checked and it looks like it's not working. I'm going to spend some time next working on the NPC sheet to fix it up and get it working.

rmilmine
June 3rd, 2020, 22:40
There is a new version uploaded to the first post. v0.9.8.7.

I updated the way I'm saving rolls between rolls. There shouldn't be any bleeding between character sheets and/or npc's.

I also updated the NPC sheet with some new features.
There is now a mod and sum field for both the physical and stun tracks.

I updated all 3 initiative fields.
The following is the format used for doing initiative. It will show in the combat tracker.

I updated the skills and knowledge skills fields.
The following is the format used for the skills and knowledge skills with one difference between the two.
The skills field is only the ranks in the skill and the knowledge skills are the full dice pool.
Skills adds the appropriate attribute to the ranks to get the dice pool.
Shift rolls a specialization and control uses edge.

I also added an attacks field.
The format for this is in some way specific in others not so much.
All items in it are separated by "or".
The first thing in the entry needs to be it's name. The rest is within [].
The first item within the [] is the skill name. Case doesn't matter. It is followed by a ",".
for the rest of the items order doesn't matter but they all must be broken up by a ",".
DV is damage value. "DV #S" or "DV #P" are the basic ways of doing it. You can also use "DV (STR+#)P", "DV (STR+#)S", "DV (STR)P" or "DV (STR)S"
AP is armor piercing. "AP -#", "AP #" or "AP 0" or don't add it at all are valid uses.
SS, SA, SB, BF, LB, FAS, FAC, SF are used for fire mode. FAS is the simple action full auto and FAC is the complex action full auto.
AC is Accuracy and limit. "AC #" or "AC Physical" are the two valid ways of writing it.
RC is Recoil comp. "RC #" or not at all are valid values.
When you double click the item it will look up the skill in the skills field and get the ranks in that skill. it will then get the attribute associated with that skill and roll that many dice.
If you shift click it will add a specialization bonus and if you control click it will use edge.

I have not got Wounds working with any of these rolls, nor do I have recoil fully operational. It's only doing it on a per attack basis, there is no accumulated recoil. I need to figure out how to give the option to clear recoil. I'm thinking of adding the ability to create an attack item that does it, such as "ClearRecoil" or something similar.

If you find any bugs please let me know.

Lastly the combat tracker was updated so that the physical and stun tracks for NPC's showed up on it.

Nylanfs
June 4th, 2020, 17:19
Is it really Shadowrun if somebody doesn't bleed though? :-D

superteddy57
June 6th, 2020, 01:54
Only if it turns out to be some sort of soy based product

Nylanfs
June 8th, 2020, 17:25
You mean everything isn't made from soy or NERPS?

I'm sad that NERPS doesn't have a TVTropes page to link to. Just this Bland Name Product (https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BlandNameProduct).

superteddy57
June 8th, 2020, 18:33
If Robocop reference isn't made in the first session, then it's not worth playing. "I'd buy that for a dollar!"

rmilmine
June 10th, 2020, 15:13
I've uploaded a new beta version. It includes a new feature I'm calling Damage Control.
It's a window that is accessed from the upper right hand corner in the same area as the combat tracker.
It currently is only seen by the host.
It will show all attacks and damage to all characters and NPCs. Right now it only shows attacks from combat spells.
The spell needs to have "Direct" or "Indirect" included in the keywords field and it must have a damage of "P" or "S".

Here is what the screen looks like with tags on what each item is:

Let me know what you think.

*Edit* PS there is a setting in the combat options to turn on the use of Damage Control. I figured not everyone will want to use it so I made it optional. The default is off.

Ramid
June 11th, 2020, 10:27
Should it auto roll the defense and soak ? im not seeing that happen when im testing.

Having that feature for all damage would be a great thing have the damage tracker deal with Attack defense and soak and return the
end damage value into the combat tracker

rmilmine
June 11th, 2020, 13:07
Should it auto roll the defense and soak ? im not seeing that happen when im testing.

Having that feature for all damage would be a great thing have the damage tracker deal with Attack defense and soak and return the
end damage value into the combat tracker

It doesn't auto roll the defense or the soak because the player or gm needs to have a chance to use edge.
So I added a button in the upper right hand corner.
Found here: 36763
If you click that button it will bring up a window that will eventually list all attacks and damage done to any character or npc. The Host will see everything and the clients will only see attacks and damage for characters they control.
Right now the only attack and damage it will display is that from spells. I've not put in anything else yet. I wanted to get feedback before I finished it.

Ramid
June 11th, 2020, 13:34
Ah understand :) well from my tests of it having that is very useful.
being able to do this there instead of having to return to various npc forms and roll their tests manually there is
quite useful. SR does make allot of automation difficult with the various rolls :)

Im not sure if it can be built in but having that form pop up when an attack hits allowing someone to roll defense from the window perhaps with a tag for pre edge or edge to reroll failures then prompting for Soak if the attack hits would be a great help

rmilmine
June 11th, 2020, 13:57
Ah understand :) well from my tests of it having that is very useful.
being able to do this there instead of having to return to various npc forms and roll their tests manually there is
quite useful. SR does make allot of automation difficult with the various rolls :)

Im not sure if it can be built in but having that form pop up when an attack hits allowing someone to roll defense from the window perhaps with a tag for pre edge or edge to reroll failures then prompting for Soak if the attack hits would be a great help

I can make it pop up, wasn't sure if I should though. There are are several buttons that may show up based on the type of attack. You just don't see them all as spells don't allow for Parry, Dodge or Block. Not sure how to do Full Defense. Might use Alt+Click for that. So a Parry/Dodge/Block with specialization, edge and full defense would be Shift+Control+Alt+Click. lol

Ramid
June 12th, 2020, 12:10
sounds good :)

rmilmine
June 13th, 2020, 15:06
Uploaded a new beta on the first post, weapons now work with Damage Control. Melee attacks will display up to 4 new rolls, 2 for parry (blades, clubs), 1 for dodge (gymnastics) and 1 for block (unarmed combat).
Alt+click means use full defense, shift+click means specialized (only for parry, dodge and block) and control+click means use edge.
again let me know what you think of this idea.

GSKlein
June 14th, 2020, 16:12
Hey rmilmine can you work on the Item tab when you get a chance and and the item creation with new categories (a little more breakdown) as when I use "Augmenation" for a created item I and my players get an error message. Would like to game Shadowrun more but really need item creation to be better since I need to add...well...everything

LOL

rmilmine
June 14th, 2020, 16:45
Hey rmilmine can you work on the Item tab when you get a chance and and the item creation with new categories (a little more breakdown) as when I use "Augmenation" for a created item I and my players get an error message. Would like to game Shadowrun more but really need item creation to be better since I need to add...well...everything

LOL

I'll have a look. not sure why augmentation is giving an error message in particular. Although I've not done any augmentation items yet for data entry, so that's probably why I've not seen the error yet.

Dragowiz
June 14th, 2020, 16:45
Hello there,

Been playing around with the new additions to the extension, looking great so far! I think the damage control window is a great idea, gonna see if I can test it on tonights session and get you some more feedback on it.

One bug I forgot to mention on my last post was that the 'Matrix' tab actions seem to have broken down with the addition of the edge rolling. We're getting a scrip error referencing 'nEdgeDice' being a nil value on all matrix action rolls.

rmilmine
June 14th, 2020, 16:57
Hello there,

Been playing around with the new additions to the extension, looking great so far! I think the damage control window is a great idea, gonna see if I can test it on tonights session and get you some more feedback on it.

One bug I forgot to mention on my last post was that the 'Matrix' tab actions seem to have broken down with the addition of the edge rolling. We're getting a scrip error referencing 'nEdgeDice' being a nil value on all matrix action rolls.

Thanks. I'll have a look at that. too many things touching too many other things. lol. I'm still learning about what is using what.

ps I have a fix for the item's and augments problem. not sure why that got missed.

rmilmine
June 14th, 2020, 17:00
Hello there,

oh Just to make sure you understand the damage control window only works on the host right now. I'm looking at adding in the client code but it's not ready to release. For some reason the client isn't running the filter code and I'm not sure why. It's filtering everything from the list.

GSKlein
June 14th, 2020, 17:06
Thanks rmilmine that would be great. Wanting to game more but the item / equipment issues make it difficult

Love the work you're doing though. Its makes getting back into Shadowrun really nice...specially when not able to game ion person !

Detroitus
June 14th, 2020, 21:10
Ok, so this may be a dumb question, but I can seem to find this anywhere. If I need to roll an arbitrary number of dice that is not accounted for by any particular skill, stat or ability, how can I do that so that the program will still automatically count hits and glitches?

When I create a dice pool with the number of D6's I need all it does is count up the face total on the dice.

rmilmine
June 14th, 2020, 21:37
/srur5 #d6e#l# description

example:
/srun5 10d6l7
rolls 10 d6 no edge limit of 7 no description

/srun5 10d6e5
rolls 15d6 with no limit

/srun5 10d6 hacking
rolls 10d6 with no edge no limit with a description of "hacking"

Dragowiz
June 14th, 2020, 23:37
Hey,

Yeah I was aware the damage control would have been only visible to me, I did not see any ability to make defense rolls for npcs on it currently, the slots for showing the results were there but I didn't find a way to make the DC window recognize anything as a defense roll. I was mainly trying to give it a test run to see if I could give more feedback on it, but unfortunately the current version is giving us masses of console errors on opening character sheet pages, many of the items have overlapping stat lines and we couldn't get weapons operational.

I'm currently guessing that these are due to the changes to the items themselves and as we couldn't find a quick way to fix it, I just restarted the game back to a working extension version so we could do the session normally.

I definetly like where you're taking the extension, especially the changes to combat tracker to have both phys and stun wounds there and the damage control window. Current beta version at least is a bit too unstable for normal game sessions, but I'll be happy to give it a more thorough look later to try and find more things to report. Also if there's anything you feel like you want help on coding wise or anything, I'll be happy to try and help as I had already made some changes to superteddys version to get things like knowledge skill rolling working.

rmilmine
June 15th, 2020, 00:09
Hey,

Yeah I was aware the damage control would have been only visible to me, I did not see any ability to make defense rolls for npcs on it currently, the slots for showing the results were there but I didn't find a way to make the DC window recognize anything as a defense roll. I was mainly trying to give it a test run to see if I could give more feedback on it, but unfortunately the current version is giving us masses of console errors on opening character sheet pages, many of the items have overlapping stat lines and we couldn't get weapons operational.

I'm currently guessing that these are due to the changes to the items themselves and as we couldn't find a quick way to fix it, I just restarted the game back to a working extension version so we could do the session normally.

I definetly like where you're taking the extension, especially the changes to combat tracker to have both phys and stun wounds there and the damage control window. Current beta version at least is a bit too unstable for normal game sessions, but I'll be happy to give it a more thorough look later to try and find more things to report. Also if there's anything you feel like you want help on coding wise or anything, I'll be happy to try and help as I had already made some changes to superteddys version to get things like knowledge skill rolling working.

Yeah, I think I made a mistake when I first started working on this where items were concerned and didn't realize the consequences of the change I made.. When I was looking at items I changed a field type for one or more fields as they wouldn't accept the needed data. Such the fields were changed from numbers to strings. I think this might have invalidated all data in items because of this change. There is a fix, but it's complicated. The db.xml file would need to be edited to change number to string for those fields. I'll try and figure out what fields I changed and I'll probably change them back. It just means that items can't have things like Physical for acc like knucks and throwing knives. it's an edge case and not something that breaks the game, unlike it seems the change I made, which breaks all the item data people have created. I'm pretty sure there was another field I changed as well. I'd have to look at the code to see for sure. I know for sure acc was changed to allow for physical to be placed in it.

If you made changes to the knowledge skills that would be great if you want it incorporated. Saves me from figuring out how to fix it. I've been knee deep in getting the damage control, combat tracker working the past bit. I also start a new job tomorrow, so I won't be unemployed as I have been since covid-19 started here in Canada. Which of course means I won't be programming on this during the day like I have been to keep myself sane. lol The hardest part of all of this has been figuring out the interaction between the xml and lua and where things go.

On a brighter note, I have the above bugs worked out and the client side is now working with damage control.
I just need to figure out how to fix the problem I created with items. Not really sure how to fix it. Maybe I could write a script that could be run on db.xml to change peoples data to the new format.

rmilmine
June 15th, 2020, 13:03
I thought of a way to fix items. I'll have a look at making the change tonight when I get home from work. I'm going to re-add the fields I changed as their old field type, and add a new field with the new field type. I think I can migrate the old data to.

rmilmine
June 16th, 2020, 00:22
I fixed the issue with the augments and the items in general. This fix is only in the beta for now.
I reverted the field for acc in weapons back to being a number field and created a new field acc2 that is a string. It moves the old acc data to the new field automagically.
I also updated damage control to include the client so that players now see the window and see only attacks against characters they control. They can then click to defend and soak attacks.

Sarrowbear
June 17th, 2020, 15:25
Hey there all, I am really new at using FG for running a game or building anything. This is amazing work! Being super new to all this, is everything manual entry as far as items, metatypes, spells, etc...? Or did I not load the rule set correctly?

Thanks

LordEntrails
June 17th, 2020, 17:24
Hey there all, I am really new at using FG for running a game or building anything. This is amazing work! Being super new to all this, is everything manual entry as far as items, metatypes, spells, etc...? Or did I not load the rule set correctly?

Thanks
All of the 'data' is copyrighted so it can't be shared. You will have to enter it yourself. I suggest you do this in two development campaigns and then export them to modules. One player facing and one not. See link in my signature for some suggestions.

Ramid
June 25th, 2020, 12:00
You might be able to extract the data from chummer5 and import it into modules. The data there contains no trademarked information as far as i know would need somekind of parser to extract it tho

Ramid
June 25th, 2020, 12:36
@rmilmie been testing out the damage control sheet.

after rolling defense and soak it doesnt appear to modify the damage value down maybe im doing something wrong there.

love the fact that if the defense roll cancels the damage window :)

atm this is only possible fromt he pc sheet vs a npc as the weapon window is missing from the npc sheet right ?

Having a tag to edge defense or soak would be great :)

rmilmine
June 27th, 2020, 12:53
The damage is calculated based on no defense at all. It adds the successes from the attack to the base damage. It's a rolling total.
So the defense will lower the damage but only by an amount equal to the successes from the attack roll. Once those are all gone the damage goes away completely.
If it's not doing that I'll have a look to see why.

The npc sheet has attacks in the attack area. I think I put a post stating how to use it. I'll add it to the first post later today. The format is simlar but not exactly the same as the stat block for weapons in the shadowrun npc stat block.

Ares Predator IV [Pistols, DV 8P, AP -1, SA, AC 7] or Ares Predator IV [Pistols, DV 8P, AP +4, SB, AC 7, RC 4] or Brass Knuckles [Unarmed Combat, DV (STR)P, AC Physical]

are examples of how to use it.

I'm thinking of adding tabs to the npc sheet for weapons, armor, magic that looks similar to the full character sheet and have the attack area populated with strings automagically based on what is put in those tabs.

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your point of view. I recently started a new job and I've not had much time to look at this except on the weekends.

Ramid
June 28th, 2020, 15:03
Grats on the new job :)

Shadows
July 12th, 2020, 19:41
The damage is calculated based on no defense at all. It adds the successes from the attack to the base damage. It's a rolling total.
So the defense will lower the damage but only by an amount equal to the successes from the attack roll. Once those are all gone the damage goes away completely.
If it's not doing that I'll have a look to see why.

The npc sheet has attacks in the attack area. I think I put a post stating how to use it. I'll add it to the first post later today. The format is simlar but not exactly the same as the stat block for weapons in the shadowrun npc stat block.

Ares Predator IV [Pistols, DV 8P, AP -1, SA, AC 7] or Ares Predator IV [Pistols, DV 8P, AP +4, SB, AC 7, RC 4] or Brass Knuckles [Unarmed Combat, DV (STR)P, AC Physical]

are examples of how to use it.

I'm thinking of adding tabs to the npc sheet for weapons, armor, magic that looks similar to the full character sheet and have the attack area populated with strings automagically based on what is put in those tabs.

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your point of view. I recently started a new job and I've not had much time to look at this except on the weekends.

So are there any updates on the Ruleset. I have been working on the old Ruleset translating into German, don´t really want to start with this version until the Big open parts like CT are still open...

rmilmine
July 14th, 2020, 02:22
Unfortunately I've had very little time over the past month to do any work on this. I will try to get back to it sometime this coming weekend.
The CT has some working parts. I've also added edge in most places. I think decking is the only place I've not added it but I could be wrong. There is so much that needs doing. I need to make a card and scratch things off the card as I do them.

Shadows
July 15th, 2020, 09:19
What I was wondering, do you think you could implement something like an import of Charakters that have been made with Chummer? This could sercumvent having to make all moduls...

rmilmine
July 15th, 2020, 10:47
Not sure what that is, I've not used Chummer in a very long time.

Shadows
July 15th, 2020, 11:43
You find Chummer here (https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a), basicly works on xml.

slymp96
July 17th, 2020, 00:49
Is there a ruleset that goes with this ext?

slymp96
July 17th, 2020, 01:12
Is there a ruleset that goes with this ext?

superteddy57
July 17th, 2020, 12:27
This extension goes with the MoreCore Ruleset. See information located here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47382-MoreCore-Info

krysber
July 17th, 2020, 21:10
I don't know if this has been mentioned before or not but when loading into FGU there are two errors. Somewhere there is a call to an image file named "button_slillSK_down.png" which seems to be a typo for "button_skillSK_down.png". Opening the archive and copying the file with the altered name fixes that one. The other error is that the XML file "record_vehicle.xml" is missing. Removing that reference from the "extension.xml" fixes that error. :confused:

Smoltok
July 22nd, 2020, 15:33
Hi ! Is there any module with items / magic / etc... ?

FlatBartender
July 29th, 2020, 21:50
Have you thought of uploading the code to a git host website as a public repository ? This could make the correction of some small mistakes much faster and easier to track, as well as provide a history of changes and a backup in case you mess something up and enable multiple people to work on the extension at the same time.

For example, I've found a couple typos in the files ("Pistol" being used as a skill name when it should've been "Pistols", for example) that would be quite tedious and uninteresting for you to change alone, but if I could fork your repository and provide a patch to the code, you'd just have to review the changed lines and merge it (or not). I feel like this could make the development of such extension much smoother.

In any case, glad to see this project, I didn't know it existed :) Good work, and I'm excited to see it become better !

rmilmine
July 30th, 2020, 00:52
Sorry all. real life and work has taken up a lot of my time. I will try to see if I can do some work on this over the weekend.
It would be up to superteddy57 and others that contributed on whether the code were to go to any online repository. I'm only the curator and now part time contributor.

I will look at getting the matrix tab fixed as I've been told it's not working. probably because of the changes I made to rolls in relation to edge.
Once that is fixed I want to go over skills, skill groups and knowledge skills.

Ahzad
September 7th, 2020, 02:46
Is this extension still the best option for doing a Shadowrun game in FG?

esmdev
September 7th, 2020, 04:24
Is this extension still the best option for doing a Shadowrun game in FG?

Yes, hands down. There hasn't been a lot of forward momentum lately but sometimes that happens and then development restarts or another picks up where it was left off.

rmilmine
September 7th, 2020, 22:30
I'm sorry for the long delay between updates.

I updated the first post with a new release. version 0.9.8.11
It includes changes to the matrix tab and changes to knowledge skills.
If you find anything not functioning or giving an error please let me know and I'll try and get a fix for it as quickly as I can.
Knowledge skills no longer auto populate skills into the list of a new character.
The first field is for the skill name the second is any specializations. I added a new field that is the category of the knowledge skills. click on it to change the value. It cycles through allowed values.
Tactics is from one of the source books it uses intuition as the attribute.

esmdev
September 7th, 2020, 22:44
I'm sorry for the long delay between updates.

I updated the first post with a new release. version 0.9.8.11
It includes changes to the matrix tab and changes to knowledge skills.
If you find anything not functioning or giving an error please let me know and I'll try and get a fix for it as quickly as I can.
Knowledge skills no longer auto populate skills into the list of a new character.
The first field is for the skill name the second is any specializations. I added a new field that is the category of the knowledge skills. click on it to change the value. It cycles through allowed values.
Tactics is from one of the source books it uses intuition as the attribute.

Great to see, looking good!

The High Druid
September 8th, 2020, 13:35

- Perception Button on the front page returns "Could not find skill" (click or drag) and a script error for shift (click or drag)
- Can't get anything to appear in the ammunition drop-drown for a newly created pistol (also created several types of ammo in the pistols ammo tab), consequently can't get the pistol to shoot (no ammo selected error).
- Knowledge skill layout is great, but can't make any dice rolls work - tried dragging, double-click, shift-drag, shift-click
- Augmentations, Qualities windows loose the scroll bar if you increase the height of the character sheet
- Scroll bars for Spells, Rituals, and Alchemical Formulas are inaccessible (there, but there's just no horizontal space to grab and drag them)
- Foci & Initiation windows have no (visible?) scroll bar at all

That's what I've come across poking around the character sheet, bold ones seem the more important issues.

Edit: Realised I hadn't updated MoreCore which fixed two things.

rmilmine
September 8th, 2020, 16:16
Version 0.9.8.12 is now available.
You can find the file on the first post.

Fixed social and mental limit calculations.
fixed button for skill roll on main character tab for perception skill.
fixed items defaulting to the pistol skill instead of the pistols skill.
Fixed augmentations and qualities over lapping with notes on notes tab when character window is enlarged.
Fixed astral limit calculation.
Fixed scroll bars on magic tab.

I could not replicate the problem with ammo.
Make sure that the Ammo Used field is filed for the firearm/bow/xbow/etc.

The High Druid
September 8th, 2020, 17:14
Wow. That was some fast work.

Can't see what I am doing wrong on the pistol - 39173

Perception button now works, knowledge skills do not.

rmilmine
September 8th, 2020, 17:51
Wow. That was some fast work.

Can't see what I am doing wrong on the pistol - 39173

Perception button now works, knowledge skills do not.

What does your weapon section look like?
I recreated the weapon and ammo you showed and it's working.
Is this an old item you created or something new?

I'll have a look at the knowledge skills, missed that from your list.

The High Druid
September 8th, 2020, 19:37
Weapon entry looks like this (don't panic, I merged the two halves of the image):
No matter what I add to the ammo tab (tried regular, APDS, Explosive) can't get anything to appear in the drop-down:

rmilmine
September 8th, 2020, 19:45
Weapon entry looks like this (don't panic, I merged the two halves of the image):
No matter what I add to the ammo tab (tried regular, APDS, Explosive) can't get anything to appear in the drop-down:

Just to be clear, you are adding the ammo to the item that shows up when you click the shadowrun icon on the weapon list and not in the items listing? Although doing so and then dragging and dropping it to the weapon list should add it with ammo.

The High Druid
September 8th, 2020, 20:11
Just to be clear, you are adding the ammo to the item that shows up when you click the shadowrun icon on the weapon list and not in the items listing?

Yep.

Although doing so and then dragging and dropping it to the weapon list should add it with ammo.

I'll try that and see if it makes any difference.

rmilmine
September 8th, 2020, 20:21
Could you also check the console and see if there are any errors or messages related to items? Maybe something is happening that is causing it to fail to load properly.

The High Druid
September 8th, 2020, 21:04
Okay, deleting the entry from the weapon section, deleting the gun and ammo from inventory, re-adding them to inventory, opening the gun, dropping the ammo onto the tab, then dragging the gun back to the window did the trick. Left me with one working gun, and one not working.

Thanks for the help, I don't think I would have gone through those steps without the pointer.

Ahzad
September 8th, 2020, 21:06
So a quick question. Is this extension for both Classic and Unity or just classic?

rmilmine
September 8th, 2020, 21:09
So a quick question. Is this extension for both Classic and Unity or just classic?

I do not yet own Unit and so cannot confirm that it works with Unit, nor can I fix anything that doesn't work if it doesn't.
I'm hoping to get unity soon as it is now available on steam and that is where my copy of classic was purchased from.

rmilmine
September 8th, 2020, 21:11
Okay, deleting the entry from the weapon section, deleting the gun and ammo from inventory, re-adding them to inventory, opening the gun, dropping the ammo onto the tab, then dragging the gun back to the window did the trick. Left me with one working gun, and one not working.

Thanks for the help, I don't think I would have gone through those steps without the pointer.

You can right click on the weapon window and delete the not working weapon.

Ahzad
September 8th, 2020, 21:15
I do not yet own Unit and so cannot confirm that it works with Unit, nor can I fix anything that doesn't work if it doesn't.
I'm hoping to get unity soon as it is now available on steam and that is where my copy of classic was purchased from.

Thanks for the reply

The High Druid
September 8th, 2020, 21:29
Edit: Nevermind, misread. Sorry!

rmilmine
September 9th, 2020, 00:45

Not sure why you would have to go through all those steps. Normally I take a weapon in the item list and drag it to the weapon list and then add ammo to it by opening what is in the weapon list. Ddrag ammo to it from the item list. I don't use the inventory at all. I've not looked at the inventory tab at all on the character sheet. If it is creating an entry in the weapon list that it might not be doing it properly any longer because of the changes I made to the weapon list. Is this in fact how it is working for you?

rmilmine
September 9th, 2020, 04:05
So I tested the iInventory tab and list and dropping a weapon does in fact create an item in the weapon list. I will need to change the way the inventory list creates items in other lists because of changes I made. I'll try and do that tomorrow and post an update. I also have a fix for the knowledge skill rolls. It's temporary because of other things I realized while looking at the code.

DunMas
September 9th, 2020, 15:00
I've recently got this extension and started trying it with FG Unity, but I noticed that all skill tests automatically apply a -6 wound penalty and I can't seem to figure out how to change the wound modifiers. Any idea what might be causing this, or is it just some problem with Unity?

rmilmine
September 9th, 2020, 16:35
I've recently got this extension and started trying it with FG Unity, but I noticed that all skill tests automatically apply a -6 wound penalty and I can't seem to figure out how to change the wound modifiers. Any idea what might be causing this, or is it just some problem with Unity?

I can honestly say that I can't think of any reason why unity would be adding a -6 wound modifier.
It will be a bit before I get unity It's still over 100$ to buy an upgrade off of steam.
Anyone know if the demo would work with MoreCore and extensions to it?

rmilmine
September 9th, 2020, 16:42
I've added a new update to the first post.
version 0.9.8.12
It fixes rolling with knowledge skills and also fixes auto-generated weapons from the inventory sheet.
Weapons dropped on inventory should properly generate weapons now in the weapons list and ammo works as well.

DunMas
September 10th, 2020, 01:42
Oh well. I can just add +6 modifiers to all skill checks to offset the penalty (it's what I was doing anyway). I also used my brother's account to check since he's got a demo account for FG Unity and as a demo account it looks like you can't create any new campaigns to edit, but it did still let me edit my already existing campaigns.

GSKlein
September 10th, 2020, 03:01
Loving this extension as do my players! Please keep up all the good work rmilmine

rmilmine
September 10th, 2020, 04:45
I've uploaded a new version 0.9.8.14 to the first post.
I made some major changes to skills.
There are still more changes within the code I need to do related to skills to clean things up.
Basically I'm going to be removing the auto-generated skills list on new characters. The reason for this is to simplify localization.
I've added code to create new Skills and skill groups within the skill window list.
I still need to re-add in skill groups. Just realized I forgot to.
Will do so tomorrow.
You will be able to drag and drop skills as needed to the skill list on characters.
I think this will clean up things on the character sheet as you will only have the skills the character actually uses or needs.
Existing characters will have their skills linked to the new skills item.

LordEntrails
September 10th, 2020, 20:53
Anyone know if the demo would work with MoreCore and extensions to it?
Yes. FGU demo should allow you to use extensions, create campaigns, etc. But networking is disabled when you start (not join) a campaign.

rmilmine
September 10th, 2020, 20:58
Yes. FGU demo should allow you to use extensions, create campaigns, etc. But networking is disabled when you start (not join) a campaign.

Strange, when I go to create a campaign it doesn't list MoreCore as an option, and none of my extensions are available for pathfinder.
Is there a specific version of MoreCore for Unity?

esmdev
September 10th, 2020, 21:45
Strange, when I go to create a campaign it doesn't list MoreCore as an option, and none of my extensions are available for pathfinder.
Is there a specific version of MoreCore for Unity?

When I first used FGU I kept copying extensions into the FGC directory and wondering why they didn't show up. As far as I know MoreCore and extensions should show up regardless, even if they blow up on loading.

rmilmine
September 11th, 2020, 00:49
When I first used FGU I kept copying extensions into the FGC directory and wondering why they didn't show up. As far as I know MoreCore and extensions should show up regardless, even if they blow up on loading.

That was my problem, I did not notice the new folder.

LordEntrails
September 11th, 2020, 02:06
That was my problem, I did not notice the new folder.
Yea, FGC and FGU should have unique data folders. Don't install them using the same location or you might corrupt some of your data. Plus, FGU campaigns are not compatible to be used in FGC.

rmilmine
September 11th, 2020, 21:16
I uploaded a new version, 0.9.8.15 to the first post.
I've mostly finished the changes to active skills, skill groups and knowledge skills on the character sheet as well as changes to the skills listing.
There is one known issue. If you add a skill to the character after you added it's associated skill group it won't update until the skill group is changed.
Also old skills from the past way skills were being done may not work with skill groups. If this is the case the easiest way to fix it is to delete the skill and re-add it by drag and drop, then update the skill group.

If you find any issues please let me know and I'll try and get to them as I can.
I go on nights next week, so I should have some time to do stuff next week as well.

GSKlein
September 11th, 2020, 22:03
Hello rmilmine...you're doing great with this. I'm hoping you work on the Combat Tracker soon. It just seems to have errors every time I try something with it. The rest is taking shape nicely though. You seem to be getting good with all this coding.

Keep up the great work...my players are loving this !

rmilmine
September 11th, 2020, 22:13
Hello rmilmine...you're doing great with this. I'm hoping you work on the Combat Tracker soon. It just seems to have errors every time I try something with it. The rest is taking shape nicely though. You seem to be getting good with all this coding.

Keep up the great work...my players are loving this !

Just so that I know where to look. What are you doing in the Tracker that is causing errors?
I just noticed that the physical and stun tracks are not updating as they used to or at least the maximum values are not.

GSKlein
September 11th, 2020, 22:37
Perhaps I'm doing something wrong but any time I do something with the Combat Tracker I get an error popping up...

If I add a character to the tracker...change wounds on it...

rmilmine
September 11th, 2020, 23:24
Perhaps I'm doing something wrong but any time I do something with the Combat Tracker I get an error popping up...

If I add a character to the tracker...change wounds on it...

Is this happening with the Host or a client connection? They use different xml files. I'm not getting this error as host.
I'm sstarting to think I might want to clean out MoreCore's CT and create my own both of those mentioned objects rae from MoreCore. They were a pain to remove.
Is this in Unity?

GSKlein
September 12th, 2020, 00:00
This happening with me (as the Host)

What setting do you have in Options?

rmilmine
September 12th, 2020, 01:06
This happening with me (as the Host)

What setting do you have in Options?

Under MoreCore, column 4 and 5 are off, which are the item that are giving the error message you are getting.
When I add a character and edit the stun/phys fields I don't get an error. I'll try and dig into this further. I need to anyways because those fieldsd are supposed to be linked to the character sheet and that link appears to be broken.

GSKlein
September 12th, 2020, 03:49
Under MoreCore, column 4 and 5 are off, which are the item that are giving the error message you are getting.
When I add a character and edit the stun/phys fields I don't get an error. I'll try and dig into this further. I need to anyways because those fields are supposed to be linked to the character sheet and that link appears to be broken.

I have column 4 and 5 turned off but still get the message...turning off all columns still has the message.

Not sure what happenings...

rmilmine
September 12th, 2020, 03:52
I have column 4 and 5 turned off but still get the message...turning off all columns still has the message.

Not sure what happenings...

I will have a deeper look at the ct next week. See if I can improve on how it works. Need to get a better understanding of how it works for linking.

GSKlein
September 13th, 2020, 19:02
Hello rmilmine...I noticed that when I add gear / equipment to the Inventory tab that the actual Total Weight Carried section of the tab doesn't update.

Is that fixable?

Loving playing Shadowrun again...

GSKlein
September 14th, 2020, 18:54
Hey rmilmine...I just noticed...due to PC mages...that for the character sheet you might want to modify the Mag/Res attribute also giving it a Mod and Sum column.

Dragowiz
September 15th, 2020, 09:14
Hey, glad to see new updates and many thing being fixed and new functionality fleshing out! We did some testing on the current version (.15) and were able to find the following bugs in addition to the same combat tracker issues that others were mentioning:

Adding more dice by right-clicking is adding 5 dice instead of 1 - this only happened from the client side but was very consistent while it happened, picking up dice on an attack by dragging the button, then right-clicking to add a single die added 5 instead.

Many different rolls were randomly doubling the amount of dice being rolled, the most consistent one for a while was the spirit summoning roll. Going through the whole process of summon - sprite hits - drain resist multiple times suddenly cleared this error away and it didn't return.

Magic cannot be assigned as skill attribute, 'SPE' does nothing on a skill

Attribute rolls were taking a random actor from the combat tracker, even if hidden. This would have revealed a hidden enemy to the players. I am not able to replicate the random actor on an attribute test with a new campaign, but the attribute rolls are also not listing the name of the character doing the test when rolling from the 'SUM' dice on the attributes screen.

Defense rolls (maybe others as well) are using the unmodified attribute value instead of the SUM value for dice pools. This was easily recreated by creating a new character with base 4 in both REA and INT, then setting both at mod 1. Expected outcome would be to roll 10 dice, but only 8 are rolled on the Defense check.

Dragging any defense or soak autorolls the dice. This one is easy enough to reproduce, pick up the dice by dragging from Defense and there is an immediate roll before you let go of the dice. Weapon attacks are showing the same behaviour, but attribute checks like Surprise/Judge intent are not.

Nothing is showing up for the GM on rolls into the tower. This one only happened when the clients were doing rolls into the tower like perception, it did not occur if I as the host did the roll in place of the player into the tower. The console of the players was filling up with these lines when doing tower rolls:
[13.09.2020 18:36:35] Runtime Notice: s'Sneaking' | s'Perception'
[13.09.2020 18:36:35] Runtime Notice: s'Gymnastics' | s'Perception'
[13.09.2020 18:36:35] Runtime Notice: s'Compiling' | s'Perception'
[13.09.2020 18:36:35] Runtime Notice: s'Intimidation' | s'Perception'
[13.09.2020 18:36:35] Runtime Notice: s'Blades' | s'Perception'
[13.09.2020 18:36:35] Runtime Notice: s'Longarms' | s'Perception'
[13.09.2020 18:36:35] Runtime Notice: s'Perception' | s'Perception'

Front page checks not showing relevant limits (minor), also Gymnastics is using Mental limit rathar than physical, in our experience the most common Gymnastic tests are done with physical limit.

Defaulting -1 is not taken into account for 0 rank skills. This seems to be related to the active skill remodeling, defaulting a rank 0 skill does not impose the -1 dice pool penalty anymore, this used to work on the previous versions.

Complex form rolls are not working on the matrix sheet, if I remember correctly they were still giving the error in console related to edge, propably same fix that was done to matrix actions would fix these aswell. I believe the rolling button for complex rolls should be their drain roll, so being able to tell the roll what level the complex form is used at, similar to spirit summoning

Recoil penalty not being applied to attack rolls with guns, but prevents rolling if it would reduce to 0. The recoil penalty is counting up correctly but dice pool is not affected until you go to 0 dice, at which point the roll cannot be made until the recoil is cleared.

In addition to the bugs listed above, these features were brought up as useful to have in the future:

Sprite compiling would greatly benefit from a similar roll system as spirits, as they are completely missing a fading roll atm. Not sure if the Drones/Sprites/Vehicles area can be repurposed for this or will it bring useless buttons next to drones and vehicles always. Maybe it would be possible to make that window switchable the same way as Resonance Actions/Submersion for example?

Add subtype: Mounted weapons to firearms that links to gunnery. This would make it very easy to make drone weaponry rollable from riggers character sheets just with a small edit to the weapons, currently this can be done by not choosing a subtype at all and writing down Gunnery as the skill used for the weapon.

rmilmine
September 16th, 2020, 06:51
Hey rmilmine...I just noticed...due to PC mages...that for the character sheet you might want to modify the Mag/Res attribute also giving it a Mod and Sum column.

What directly increases the magic attribute? I don't think there is anything for resonance.
Power focus gives extra dice, don't think it increases the magic attribute any longer like it used to.

rmilmine
September 16th, 2020, 06:55
Hey, glad to see new updates and many thing being fixed and new functionality fleshing out! We did some testing on the current version (.15) and were able to find the following bugs in addition to the same combat tracker issues that others were mentioning:

Adding more dice by right-clicking is adding 5 dice instead of 1 - this only happened from the client side but was very consistent while it happened, picking up dice on an attack by dragging the button, then right-clicking to add a single die added 5 instead.

Many different rolls were randomly doubling the amount of dice being rolled, the most consistent one for a while was the spirit summoning roll. Going through the whole process of summon - sprite hits - drain resist multiple times suddenly cleared this error away and it didn't return.

Magic cannot be assigned as skill attribute, 'SPE' does nothing on a skill

Attribute rolls were taking a random actor from the combat tracker, even if hidden. This would have revealed a hidden enemy to the players. I am not able to replicate the random actor on an attribute test with a new campaign, but the attribute rolls are also not listing the name of the character doing the test when rolling from the 'SUM' dice on the attributes screen.

Defense rolls (maybe others as well) are using the unmodified attribute value instead of the SUM value for dice pools. This was easily recreated by creating a new character with base 4 in both REA and INT, then setting both at mod 1. Expected outcome would be to roll 10 dice, but only 8 are rolled on the Defense check.

Dragging any defense or soak autorolls the dice. This one is easy enough to reproduce, pick up the dice by dragging from Defense and there is an immediate roll before you let go of the dice. Weapon attacks are showing the same behaviour, but attribute checks like Surprise/Judge intent are not.

Nothing is showing up for the GM on rolls into the tower. This one only happened when the clients were doing rolls into the tower like perception, it did not occur if I as the host did the roll in place of the player into the tower. The console of the players was filling up with these lines when doing tower rolls:
[13.09.2020 18:36:35] Runtime Notice: s'Sneaking' | s'Perception'
[13.09.2020 18:36:35] Runtime Notice: s'Gymnastics' | s'Perception'
[13.09.2020 18:36:35] Runtime Notice: s'Compiling' | s'Perception'
[13.09.2020 18:36:35] Runtime Notice: s'Intimidation' | s'Perception'
[13.09.2020 18:36:35] Runtime Notice: s'Blades' | s'Perception'
[13.09.2020 18:36:35] Runtime Notice: s'Longarms' | s'Perception'
[13.09.2020 18:36:35] Runtime Notice: s'Perception' | s'Perception'

Front page checks not showing relevant limits (minor), also Gymnastics is using Mental limit rathar than physical, in our experience the most common Gymnastic tests are done with physical limit.

Defaulting -1 is not taken into account for 0 rank skills. This seems to be related to the active skill remodeling, defaulting a rank 0 skill does not impose the -1 dice pool penalty anymore, this used to work on the previous versions.

Complex form rolls are not working on the matrix sheet, if I remember correctly they were still giving the error in console related to edge, propably same fix that was done to matrix actions would fix these aswell. I believe the rolling button for complex rolls should be their drain roll, so being able to tell the roll what level the complex form is used at, similar to spirit summoning

Recoil penalty not being applied to attack rolls with guns, but prevents rolling if it would reduce to 0. The recoil penalty is counting up correctly but dice pool is not affected until you go to 0 dice, at which point the roll cannot be made until the recoil is cleared.

In addition to the bugs listed above, these features were brought up as useful to have in the future:

Sprite compiling would greatly benefit from a similar roll system as spirits, as they are completely missing a fading roll atm. Not sure if the Drones/Sprites/Vehicles area can be repurposed for this or will it bring useless buttons next to drones and vehicles always. Maybe it would be possible to make that window switchable the same way as Resonance Actions/Submersion for example?

Add subtype: Mounted weapons to firearms that links to gunnery. This would make it very easy to make drone weaponry rollable from riggers character sheets just with a small edit to the weapons, currently this can be done by not choosing a subtype at all and writing down Gunnery as the skill used for the weapon.

I will have a look at these. So far I've been unable to replicate some of these. So further information will be needed.
Are you getting these only when having a host and client? how many clients?
I was unable to replicate the right click giving 5 extra dice instead of 1, were you holding down any keyboard keys?

rmilmine
September 16th, 2020, 12:55
Hello rmilmine...I noticed that when I add gear / equipment to the Inventory tab that the actual Total Weight Carried section of the tab doesn't update.

Is that fixable?

Loving playing Shadowrun again...

Being that Shadowruns use of encumbrance is relegated to Armor items I've not looked at this at all yet. It's rather low on my list of things to do, but I'll add it.

Dragowiz
September 16th, 2020, 13:33
I will have a look at these. So far I've been unable to replicate some of these. So further information will be needed.
Are you getting these only when having a host and client? how many clients?
I was unable to replicate the right click giving 5 extra dice instead of 1, were you holding down any keyboard keys?

There are 4 players so host+4 clients connected at once. Like I mentioned the extra dice was only happening from the client side so as the host I was unable to replicate this. I believe I should be able to make the campaign available to you if that'll help troubleshoot these.

Some of them I might be able to help fixing such as the addition of the mounted weapon subtype, if you want some assistance I could offer fixes I can think of, just wondering how to mark the changes.

esmdev
September 16th, 2020, 14:41
What directly increases the magic attribute? I don't think there is anything for resonance.
Power focus gives extra dice, don't think it increases the magic attribute any longer like it used to.

There is a method to increase both Magic and Resonance in the core rules.

Submersion (page 257, Core Rules 4th Printing) gives an option:

Increase Resonance
The natural maximum for your Resonance attribute is 6 + your Submersion grade. You still have to spend Karma to increase your Resonance attribute.

Initiation (page 325, Core Rules 4th Printing) gives an option:

Increase Magic
The natural maximum for your Magic attribute is 6 + your grade of initiation. You’ve still got to pay normal Karma costs to increase your Magic attribute.

GSKlein
September 19th, 2020, 00:08
Actually according to Shadowrun 5E page 319:

Power Foci
Power foci live up to their name. They are very powerful foci that temporarily increase your effective Magic rating. That means they add to your Sorcery, Conjuring, and Enchanting dice pools, along with any other test where Magic is involved. Power foci can take any form, but for some reason, rings and amulets are quite popular.

Therefore having such a focus does increase your Magic Attribute...

rmilmine
September 19th, 2020, 06:21
There are 4 players so host+4 clients connected at once. Like I mentioned the extra dice was only happening from the client side so as the host I was unable to replicate this. I believe I should be able to make the campaign available to you if that'll help troubleshoot these.

Some of them I might be able to help fixing such as the addition of the mounted weapon subtype, if you want some assistance I could offer fixes I can think of, just wondering how to mark the changes.

Would you mind zipping up your campaign folder and sending me a pm with a link to it so I can download it.
I just can't seem to replicate some of your bugs.

GSKlein
September 19th, 2020, 22:18
Hello rmilmine...I just noticed that when you create a machine pistol in equipment its "skill" defaults to Pistols when machine pistols should be used by the skill Automatics.

Can you correct this? Thanks in advance.

The High Druid
September 20th, 2020, 11:12
There is a method to increase both Magic and Resonance in the core rules.

Submersion (page 257, Core Rules 4th Printing) gives an option:

Increase Resonance
The natural maximum for your Resonance attribute is 6 + your Submersion grade. You still have to spend Karma to increase your Resonance attribute.

Initiation (page 325, Core Rules 4th Printing) gives an option:

Increase Magic

The natural maximum for your Magic attribute is 6 + your grade of initiation. You’ve still got to pay normal Karma costs to increase your Magic attribute.

Neither of these actually increase your attribute rating. As they both say, you still have to spend the karma to get the increased rating, as you do with the regular attributes.

The High Druid
September 20th, 2020, 11:20
Actually according to Shadowrun 5E page 319:

Power Foci
Power foci live up to their name. They are very powerful foci that temporarily increase your effective Magic rating. That means they add to your Sorcery, Conjuring, and Enchanting dice pools, along with any other test where Magic is involved. Power foci can take any form, but for some reason, rings and amulets are quite popular.

Therefore having such a focus does increase your Magic Attribute...

The generally accepted interpretation of that paragraph (yes it is ambiguous) is that power foci only add to the dice pools, and *not* to your magic rating for the purposes of the maximum force of spell you can cast, whether drain is stun or physical, etc. By that they aren't strictly a modifier to your magic rating.

esmdev
September 20th, 2020, 13:52
Neither of these actually increase your attribute rating. As they both say, you still have to spend the karma to get the increased rating, as you do with the regular attributes.

I was answering the question 'what directly increases the magic attribute' and a secondary of if there is something similar for resonance. What I posted was the rule which shows how to increase the maximum which then allows a direct increase to the attribute.

The High Druid
September 20th, 2020, 16:15
Yes, but neither work in the way that would require the extra stat boxes that are used for Body, Agility, Strength, etc. because there's no modifier to the magic or resonance ratings. Only the natural rating can be increased, and only through spending karma.

Edit: Ah, thinking you might have missed the trigger for that conversation, it was GSKlein asking for modifier boxes to be added to the Magic and Resonance attributes, and my response was to explain they aren't necessary.

esmdev
September 20th, 2020, 17:04
Yes, but neither work in the way that would require the extra stat boxes that are used for Body, Agility, Strength, etc. because there's no modifier to the magic or resonance ratings. Only the natural rating can be increased, and only through spending karma.

Edit: Ah, thinking you might have missed the trigger for that conversation, it was GSKlein asking for modifier boxes to be added to the Magic and Resonance attributes, and my response was to explain they aren't necessary.

I agree, there is no need for a temp or modified box. I figured my posting how magic and resonance advancement worked would point that out. I guess I probably should have explicitly said that was the intention.

It does make me think that there could be a use for a Max Attribute column, as there are a number of was (initiation, subversion, race, qualities, etc.) which can modify the attribute maximum. While it's not in the absolutely needed category, it is definitely something that would be helpful to have specifically on the character sheet to allow quick reference to the individual character's maximum.

GSKlein
September 20th, 2020, 18:17
Sorry but you're wrong. The foci increases the Magic attribute when you use a Power Foci. If I just wanted to increase my dice pool for spells I would you use the cheaper Spell Foci. And if I just wanted to increase dice pools then the other foci are pretty useless unless I'm a single (aspected) magician.

You might want to re-read the 5th Edition rules. Its not ambiguous and wasn't even corrected in the released errata. The Power Foci does increase your Magic attribute when activated and gives dice for ALL skills involving magic (sorcery, conjuring, alchemy, etc, just as if your Magic attribute was higher...which it is with a Power Foci).

This is the reason why there's so many different foci and why Power Foci as so damn expensive.

esmdev
September 20th, 2020, 18:39
Sorry but you're wrong. The foci increases the Magic attribute when you use a Power Foci. If I just wanted to increase my dice pool for spells I would you use the cheaper Spell Foci. And if I just wanted to increase dice pools then the other foci are pretty useless unless I'm a single (aspected) magician.

You might want to re-read the 5th Edition rules. Its not ambiguous and wasn't even corrected in the released errata. The Power Foci does increase your Magic attribute when activated and gives dice for ALL skills involving magic (sorcery, conjuring, alchemy, etc, just as if your Magic attribute was higher...which it is with a Power Foci).

This is the reason why there's so many different foci and why Power Foci as so damn expensive.

While it temporarily increases the magic rating, it only does so while the power focus is available and active and is tied specifically to the item. It seems to me that it would be more appropriate to attach the increase to the item as opposed to the general ability score. I don't think the ruleset supports this but that would be my thought on it.

Also, I think that you are missing the effective before Magic Rating, which means while it is technically a changed value it doesn't actually change the actual value. If they had meant to change the actual value they would have left off effective or removed it in the various errata passes.

GSKlein
September 20th, 2020, 19:36
While it temporarily increases the magic rating, it only does so while the power focus is available and active and is tied specifically to the item. It seems to me that it would be more appropriate to attach the increase to the item as opposed to the general ability score. I don't think the ruleset supports this but that would be my thought on it.

Also, I think that you are missing the effective before Magic Rating, which means while it is technically a changed value it doesn't actually change the actual value. If they had meant to change the actual value they would have left off effective or removed it in the various errata passes.

I totally agree that the rating increase is temporary...but having a section to do the increase would be most useful. When I activate the Power Foci it would be nice to see all the skills attached to that attribute, which would get an increase to them, get the sudden rise for when I'm rolling my dice pool.

This is no different than if I was to use a spell or cyber / bioware to suddenly increase Strength or Charisma temporarily. They have a Mod and Increase box...why shouldn't Magic (and I think Resonance as well) since there are temporary increases that can be put in. I think it would make things simpler and more automated which also means easier.

The High Druid
September 21st, 2020, 21:16
It's perfectly fine if your group does it that way, but a quick search of the official forums, and the shadowrun reddit, will show that most groups do not . . . so "wrong" is a bit harsh, and it means you're asking for a change most groups won't use.

rmilmine
September 24th, 2020, 20:12
I have an update that I am working on. that will include the magic mod field and total. I had to go through the code and find all instances of where it was using the base score and change it to total anyways seems I missed some. So it was not difficult to add. I don't play the game where it increases the magic attribute directly but I can see how it could be interpreted in that manner.
I will also be adding more changes to skills as I missed some references to the old way of doing it. I have some more to clean up so hopefully I can finish these changes soon.

Dragowiz
October 11th, 2020, 23:58
Hey again,

We're currently playing with the extension weekly and with some not so subtle fixes (I edited out parts of the combat tracker code) I was able to break the wound linking even more but got rid of the constant combat tracker spawned errors. I think we're now and then running into these old references to skills you're talking about in your previous post so I was wondering what the current situation with your development is and if there's something that others could possibly help you with? I've been having some success in fixing simple things like typos etc on the mod or creating a new weapon subtype (Mounted weapons) to allow the rigger to use gunnery for some weapons, and wouldn't mind sharing those fixes to others if you think they'd fit to the extension.

hoopalong
October 18th, 2020, 17:57
I've uploaded a new version 0.9.8.14 to the first post.
I made some major changes to skills.
There are still more changes within the code I need to do related to skills to clean things up.
Basically I'm going to be removing the auto-generated skills list on new characters. The reason for this is to simplify localization.
I've added code to create new Skills and skill groups within the skill window list.
I still need to re-add in skill groups. Just realized I forgot to.
Will do so tomorrow.
You will be able to drag and drop skills as needed to the skill list on characters.
I think this will clean up things on the character sheet as you will only have the skills the character actually uses or needs.
Existing characters will have their skills linked to the new skills item.

Ok, if i understand that right, there now are no skills whatsoever an a new Character Sheet, the auto-generated ones are all gone and everyone has to create new skills for his campaign(s), to simplify localization... and now everybode can (and hast to) name their skills like they want to name them (german, italian, etc.) ... but how are the Buttons "Defense", "Block", "Dodge", "Full", "Soak" and "Parry" work now? Arent they all dependend on specific skills? How do i link them to my own created skills?

Sorry if i am misssing something here but i am really confused on how to use this extension/ruleset/character Sheet

The High Druid
October 19th, 2020, 11:10
Ok, if i understand that right, there now are no skills whatsoever an a new Character Sheet, the auto-generated ones are all gone and everyone has to create new skills for his campaign(s), to simplify localization... and now everybode can (and hast to) name their skills like they want to name them (german, italian, etc.) ... but how are the Buttons "Defense", "Block", "Dodge", "Full", "Soak" and "Parry" work now? Arent they all dependend on specific skills? How do i link them to my own created skills?

Sorry if i am missing something here but i am really confused on how to use this extension/ruleset/character Sheet

If you open up a blank campaign I think you'll find the skills list on the side menu (not the character sheet) is already populated with the standard skills (no descriptions just names). Might be an idea to create a test character in a blank campaign, and try renaming those skills and see if your defence rolls still work. If not, and your players use them a lot, I'd suggest creating hot buttons for them with the correct dice numbers. (It's only Block, Dodge, and Parry that should be affected, the others are attribute-only)

hoopalong
October 19th, 2020, 20:32
If you open up a blank campaign I think you'll find the skills list on the side menu (not the character sheet) is already populated with the standard skills (no descriptions just names).

Nope, no skills anymore, thats my point. Skill list is completely empty now. The Block, Dodge, Parry, etc. Buttons are pretty much useless/broken now.

The High Druid
October 20th, 2020, 11:03
Strange . . . when the skills were changed, I opened a blank campaign and that list was populated, I imported our skills module into that campaign, copied over all the text into the populated list, and re-exported the modules. I'm now wondering where that list came form . . ?

Anywho, sorry it didn't help.

Saeval
October 23rd, 2020, 09:56
So I have no idea what I did but when I loaded a new campaign and loaded the extension things seem to be fine. Then when I open the skill tab to start adding skills I keep getting an error every time I add a new skill or open an existing skill. I was going to start the tedious process of data entry in my free time to hopefully play this but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_string.lua"]:274: attempt to get length of local 'sToSplit' (a boolean value).

After some experimentation I've found this error is only in the Unity version which is a shame. Also on both versions the skills tab is empty until I make a player character and click on the skills tab from that sheet. I'm not sure if that's intentional or not worth fixing but just something I would like to bring to someone's attention.

lamorric
November 5th, 2020, 16:07
@rmilmine
How hard do you think it would be to make this ext work for ShadowRun 3e?

lamorric
November 5th, 2020, 16:37
@rmilmine
How hard do you think it would be to make this ext work for ShadowRun 3e?

Sorry, I missed that superteddy57 was taking over.

Really, if anyone can answer this.

esmdev
November 5th, 2020, 18:14

Conversion to 3E would be a major project. Many systems in 3E used different and specialized rules (magic, matrix, etc.) that would need to be implemented for automation.

However, it would be possible to make a MoreCore character sheet for SR3 that does the dice rolls and requires the GM to be GM. Automation can be added over time, this is basically how SR5 got its start. You can use whatever code from SR5 that would work. You could try converting the existing extension but the other way is cleaner.

hoopalong
November 8th, 2020, 18:22

Wait, what? I thought rmilmine took over from superteddy57. Now its going back to superteddy57 again???? Whan did that happen?

tlavalle
November 16th, 2020, 03:35
Im trying to figure out. do we create the skills in the character sheet or is there a mod that has them for drop and drag?

hoopalong
November 16th, 2020, 17:34
As of the state of the extension right now you have to create the skills for yourself in the skills section. From there you can drag and drop them onto a character sheet.

Some versions ago all of the skills have been there pre-created to use. But the new developer/project leader rmilmine decided to delete them all and now the extension is in kind of a very unstable and uncertain condition. Because of the lacking skills, some buttons on the character sheet don't work as intended anymore or dont work anymore at all. rmilmine wasnt online for arround 4 weeks and hasnt answered to any questions. The initial developer superteddy57 is also not reading or at least not answering here anymore. The project seems kind of abandoned right now.

tlavalle
November 16th, 2020, 23:30
is there anyway to help code this.

Dragowiz
November 18th, 2020, 07:23
I've tried contacting the current developer to see if there would be some way for communal help on the development of the extension, so far no response. The current extension is actually very playable with a couple minor fixes, although it may help that we've had a campaign running that was started ages ago and the characters were generated before the current version. If I find the time, I could test out creating a fresh campaign to see what are the required steps to make everything operational and document it.

Regarding the skills, even on the version where they were pre-generated onto the character sheet, it was still up to the GM and/or players to create the actual skill listings for everything to have them actually have valid descriptions etc, as the extension does not include any of the text data from the rulebooks, only the mechanics. The update which removed the pregenerated skills also included the fix to actually have working skillgroups, which was a very very welcome improvement.

tlavalle
November 18th, 2020, 14:26
I have one started, but I'm not sure where to start.

ezieger
December 8th, 2020, 23:07
Here are some scripts I wrote a while back to scrape data (items, abilities, etc.) and output it to libraries for SR5 in morecore. I ran into a number of issues and eventually abandoned it but there may be some value in there. Just gonna turn it over to the community in case someone else wants to run with it. If I find any more stuff I was working on, I will share.

It works to pull data from a particular wiki but the concept can be applied to other sources with some tweaking.

ezieger
December 9th, 2020, 00:31
Here are some more files... a little more up to date. I believe I pivoted to working off of a local copy of the data at some point in these files (highly recommended if you are interested in being a good human being and not driving up the hosting cost for the poor individual who is is running the wiki in question).
I believe "current working" (aptly named) is the most robust of the bunch.
I have no idea if the source I was using has changed significantly so as to invalidate the weeks of work that was this project.
Hope it helps.

FracturedSolace
December 13th, 2020, 00:27
does this work with unity ?

ezieger
December 13th, 2020, 02:51
does this work with unity ?

BLUF: I really don't know.

It was written for classic. At the time however the XMLs were the same so it is possible. I think the bigger question is if the XML for SR5 has changed from the time that I wrote it.

That said, even if it has, I wouldn't think it would take too much tweaking to correct it.

NandoSenpai
December 17th, 2020, 15:20
Total Newbie with FG(u) where do I place or how do I run your ps1 files in order to work with the MCSR5e. Again super sorry and if i need to look elsewhere ill continue looking.

FzeroBat
January 29th, 2021, 19:04
Is there any plan to bring this Ruleset to full functionality in FG Unity?

coyote670
February 21st, 2021, 01:13
I can't get any sidebar buttons to load since the most recent FGC update. For example, when I click to load the GM sidebar buttons, I get:
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:437: attempt to index local 'c' (a nil value)

Also, there's no combat tracker available, AFAICT.

Anyone else having issues?

EDIT: Ah-ha! Updated MoreCore, and things are working. Whew!

Phanatiq
March 13th, 2021, 08:44
Hello! Trying to make the weapon rolls work but everytime I roll this comes up:

"Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"]:220: attempt to compare number with nil"

What does this mean?

The ammo I added I've named APDS (Weapon name).

Solved it!

Dreymior
October 1st, 2021, 20:08
Any updates to this extension. I tried this out but it doesn't seem very playable yet. Rolls with attack doesn't calculate recoil. Anyways Thanks for all the work thus far.

GSKlein
October 1st, 2021, 20:50
Would love to see a working version for FGU

everygamer
January 9th, 2022, 17:58
I agree with GSKlein, would be nice if this was fully updated for Unity, at this point its pretty much broken on that platform beyond using it for simple dice rolls and a little character sheet tracking (manually).

Sivander
April 9th, 2023, 00:27
Is this extension working for Unity?

Thank you in advance.

Yogel
June 12th, 2023, 21:51
Unfortunately no. There was an update a while back that broke it in it's entirety. Something to do with it calling for the "getactor" field, which I'm pretty sure doesn't exist anymore. I could be mistaken though.

damned
June 12th, 2023, 23:06
Limited testing done guys - but try this version if you have time:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58116-Shadowrun-5e-(MoreCore-Extension)&p=511140&viewfull=1#post511140

Yogel
June 13th, 2023, 00:34
Didn't even see that. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

damned
June 13th, 2023, 01:13
I just uploaded it in response to your post today.

Yogel
June 13th, 2023, 11:38
One more bug, then I think that's it. This pops up any time any record is added to the combat tracker.

dstuffle
July 19th, 2023, 16:55
Sorry if this has been asked before (19 pages is a significant read). Why was MoreCore used, rather than CoreRPG?

dstuffle
July 19th, 2023, 17:18
Trying to set up a campaign using this. Only extensions enabled are MoreCore and MCSR5e. On launch it throws an error: "Script execution error: [string 'MCSR5e:scripts/data_library_sr5.lua']:3 attempted to call field 'showDockTitleText' (a nil value)"

superteddy57
July 19th, 2023, 18:44
Sorry if this has been asked before (19 pages is a significant read). Why was MoreCore used, rather than CoreRPG?

I started this extension many many years ago and it was a honest extension to MoreCore at the time. I used it as a learning platform when I was releasing content to the community for free. I released it to the original poster after I had abandoned it due to my employment with SmiteWorks.

NivMizzet
January 6th, 2024, 06:19
So, I'm struggling to get this to load up correctly. I have placed the MCSR5e.ext in the extensions folder with my other extensions and I can load up the MoreCore ruleset. But once the campaign is loaded and I try to enable this module, it does not show up in the list? Am I missing something?

damned
January 6th, 2024, 07:38
Welcome NivMizzet

This is an EXTENSION rather than a Module.
You load extensions at the same time you load the ruleset.
I dont think there is a MOD for this.

rmilmine
March 22nd, 2024, 02:33
I do apologize for abandoning this project. I had significant difficulties outside of gaming over the past several years.
Anyone that wants to work on this can do so. I reworked the dice rolling for this, and put it in it's own extension.
The dice rolling works way better than what I had been doing in this extension.
Anyone that takes up working on this, I would suggest replacing the dice rolling in the full extension with the dice rolling in the one I've attached here.

dstuffle
March 22nd, 2024, 18:40
How hard would it be to port all this into the Ruleset Wizard app?

rmilmine
March 23rd, 2024, 02:15
I don't know the Ruleset Wizard at all, so can't really say.
This was originally created as an extension not as a Ruleset.

coyote670
April 12th, 2024, 02:33
I was trying to load the Shadowrun 5e Dice Roller extension, so I copied it to Fantasy Grounds Unity\extensions, but I don't see it on the list of extensions in FGU. Is it not compatible with FGU? What name will it show up as on the extensions list (e.g., the old SR5e extension is listed as MoreCore - Shadowrun 5e; other extensions are "Feature: [blah]"). I'm pretty sure it's not on the list, but maybe I'm just blind to it?