PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on "connecting ..." while reconnecting to host

Proudcastle
May 19th, 2020, 10:15
Hi everyone,

I had my first fantasy grounds and AD&D session yesterday. Nice! But sadly I had quite a few connections issues.

At first, everything was fine. I installed FG (via Steam) and Hamachi. Connected to the host and when the DM was walking us threw FG everything was fine for like 1 hour, but once he shared maps, they didn't load. The window was loading for several minutes without any success. Other players didn't have any problems by the way.

So I closed fantasy grounds, did a restart of my computer, and tried to reconnect to the host. Then I was stuck on "connecting..." without any result. On the host's side, it seemed like that immediately after I connected, I lost my connection again. After like 5-10 minutes the "connecting..."-bar and the cancel-button disappeared without any error message.

After that, I nuked my cache, uninstalled FG via Steam, reinstalled FG via Steam, uninstalled it again, deleted everything manually, downloaded the application from the website and installed it again. I tried different user names, checked for updates, etc. Nothing helped.

I ended up using a different PC (same network and router, Win10). No issues here: installed FG manually, connected to the network via Hamachi, and connected to the host. Maps loaded and everything worked fine.

Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong with my main PC? What surprises me, is that it worked for an hour without any problems, and then it didn't work at all anymore.

Is there a way to test my connection? Test or demo host or something like that?

Best,
proudcastle

damned
May 19th, 2020, 14:25
Welcome proudcastle

It sounds like something is killing the network process on your side.
Can you check your antivirus logs and rules and windows defender rules?