PDA

View Full Version : vs. Dwarf Effects

sadwargamer
May 19th, 2020, 09:36
System: FGU Ultimate license, version 2020-05-14.

Question: How does the Dwarf benefit on AC vs Ogres etc work please?.

As while we were playing Ihad an ogre attack a dwarf and every time the ogre hit the dwarf the -4 penalty to hit was not included. Clearly I am missing a step or doing something wrong. I even created a new dwarven character and set up a test and at no point was the AC benefit to dwarf taken into account by the ogre attacking the dwarf.

celestian
May 19th, 2020, 14:48
System: FGU Ultimate license, version 2020-05-14.

Question: How does the Dwarf benefit on AC vs Ogres etc work please?.

As while we were playing Ihad an ogre attack a dwarf and every time the ogre hit the dwarf the -4 penalty to hit was not included. Clearly I am missing a step or doing something wrong. I even created a new dwarven character and set up a test and at no point was the AC benefit to dwarf taken into account by the ogre attacking the dwarf.

Look under the characters ability tab. There is an "advanced effect" section with an effect there.

For that to function the creature needs to have a type set to match.

sadwargamer
May 19th, 2020, 16:10
Hi Celestian,

Thanks -I have checked that the the Ogre has the right type, and the character as the Effect listed.
But when I attack with the Ogre the Character (AC10) does not benefit from improved AC (AC6) Hopefuly the screen shot attached gives enough detail.

(this is FGU of course)

Bonkon
May 19th, 2020, 17:36
Good Day Sadwargamer :)
In FGU I just made a dwarf and placed him on the CT then threw an ogre in and the AC adjustment seems to be working correctly. You don't by chance have any extensions running? :)

sadwargamer
May 19th, 2020, 17:38
Hi Bonkon, Yes I have the font extension and a decal - I will remove them and try again.

Any chance of a screen shot to show me what I shoudl be seeing - although I am assuming an AC adjustment in the chat window output?

Bonkon
May 19th, 2020, 17:44
Hi Bonkon, Yes I have the font extension and a decal - I will remove them and try again.

Any chance of a screen shot to show me what I shoudl be seeing - although I am assuming an AC adjustment in the chat window output?

I am not a message board master, but I tried to attach a pic for you, I hope it works :)

sadwargamer
May 19th, 2020, 17:47
Thanks Bonkon, but no image found.

I just re tried with no extensions installed and still to adjustment for -4 AC ebenefit adjustment taken into account.

Bonkon
May 19th, 2020, 17:56
I have never posted a pic before so the moderators might need to approve it. :)
Basically what I am seeing in the Chat is:
Attack [20] -> [ATTACK (M)] [at Test] [DEF EFFECTS +4] [Hit-AC: -3 vs 6] [AC: -3] [HIT]

I left the stats alone so Test's AC is normally 10. :)

sadwargamer
May 19th, 2020, 18:08
I get the following and I created a dwarven F3 and used an ogre for this:

Attack [18] ->[ATTACK (M)] [at Brave Fighter] [Hit-AC: -1 vs. 10 ] [AC: -1 ] [HIT]

So for whatever reason I am not getting the [DEF EFFECTS +4]

Bonkon
May 19th, 2020, 19:34
Have you tried removing the dwarf from the CT and adding it back?
Or tried making a new level 1 just to see if something went quirky when levelling up? I am not at my computer to test levelling right now. :)

celestian
May 19th, 2020, 19:50
Have you tried removing the dwarf from the CT and adding it back?
Or tried making a new level 1 just to see if something went quirky when levelling up? I am not at my computer to test levelling right now. :)

Good advice. It sounds like the effect is not applied to the dwarf character. W/o being able to see the CT "effects" tab with all the effects listed one cannot be sure.

sadwargamer
May 19th, 2020, 20:16
OK, just created a new test charcter and - there you go it works, I also leveled up and it contionued to work.

But, I then attacked one of my ongoing charatcers and it does not work.
If you look at the screen shot below the only difference I can see is that the "newly" created test character has two "green crosses" to represent the vs Dwarf effects, whereas the "player character" has two "blue dolls" to represent the effects!
When playing last week I recal clearing ALL effects from all players - this I am now suspecting did not clear just temporary effects but also racial effects like these dwarf effects.
I have added them back as as can be seen in the abilites advanced effects screen by copy paste method so no typos- but clearly something is not right as the existing player characters are not benefiting from the Dwarf effects...

https://akbam.co.uk/fgu1.jpg

BTW on a seperate note - following latest updates I occasionally get the following happen to teh NPC or PC tokens...

https://akbam.co.uk/fgu2.jpg

celestian
May 19th, 2020, 20:29
FGU is not in a stable state at this time. The graphical glitch you're showing there is more than likely related to the debug process they are going through.

I would not recommend trying to use FGU to run a live game at this time.

sadwargamer
May 19th, 2020, 20:42
Yeah - but to far into FGU now to swap over to classic and I do like the LoS. Been using FGU now for several weeks and it works, just have to accept the delay when loading in spell casters in combat tracker turn - but other than that it works!

Also I thought May was target for FGU release or is it soime unspecified time in the future.

Teh graphical glitch not bothered with, it corrects after a short while...

Any thoughts why teh icons are different on my characters to that of a newly created - and why the dwarf effects not working on old character sbut are on new... keepiong in mind I did remove the effects on all character snad manually re added...

celestian
May 19th, 2020, 21:01
Also I thought May was target for FGU release or is it soime unspecified time in the future.

I've no hand in the FGU work so cannot speak to that (just the ruleset) but im guessing it won't be in May based on current status.