PDA

View Full Version : Skull & Shackles AP5+6

DolfCarg
May 19th, 2020, 05:11
I'm looking at the Pathfinder Skull & Shackles adventure path in the FG store but see that only the first four books are available. It has been some time (8 months) since the 4th was released so wondering if anyone knew if Paizo is planning to release the last two books?

LordEntrails
May 19th, 2020, 05:22
The PF products are converted by approved community developers. They convert the modules in their spare time and according to their own schedules. Usually no announcements on suspected release dates are given until the product is in final approval or actually ready for release.

mhossom
May 19th, 2020, 20:34
I'm looking at the Pathfinder Skull & Shackles adventure path in the FG store but see that only the first four books are available. It has been some time (8 months) since the 4th was released so wondering if anyone knew if Paizo is planning to release the last two books?

It is not a terrible experience to convert the PDFs yourself. A bit of work, addmittedly. I've done it for a smaller Paizo module and will proably do the same for S&S 5-6 if not avilable when I get there. No, I am not offering to do the work for others (my work is not that good). My point is that it isn't unreasonable to try it yourself.

Grab a small PDF adventure and give it a try. There is a bunch of info on how to do it here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?44133-PDF-Conversion-to-an-FG-Module-Information-Index

DolfCarg
May 19th, 2020, 21:29
Thanks

bmos
May 24th, 2020, 12:19
it isn't unreasonable to try it yourself. Grab a small PDF adventure and give it a try. There is a bunch of info on how to do it here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?44133-PDF-Conversion-to-an-FG-Module-Information-Index
I know many people don't like to read directions, so here is something I found out way too late in my module-entry learning-curve:
Select text, ctrl + j. This will remove any line breaks in the copied text (saves an absurd amount of time when copying from PDFs with formatting that inserts line breaks into copied text).

mhossom
May 24th, 2020, 15:04
I know many people don't like to read directions, so here is something I found out way too late in my module-entry learning-curve:
Select text, ctrl + j. This will remove any line breaks in the copied text (saves an absurd amount of time when copying from PDFs with formatting that inserts line breaks into copied text).

Did not know about this one. Thank you. That was the biggest pain of the whole process.

DolfCarg
May 25th, 2020, 05:43
Thanks bmos and mhossom, all good tips and information. I’m a fantasy ground beginner on the verge of becoming an intermediate, completing the books would definitely make me step up my skills. It would seem to be a good transition step into building my own material too.

mhossom
May 25th, 2020, 16:51

I gave this a try and all it did was invoke a Java Script Debugger. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Never mind. I did ctrl-J in Wordpad and it worked great. Thanks again for the tip.

bmos
May 25th, 2020, 18:44
I gave this a try and all it did was invoke a Java Script Debugger. Any suggestions?
EDIT: Never mind. I did ctrl-J in Wordpad and it worked great. Thanks again for the tip.
Strange, it works great in FG for me. I just highlight whatever text that has extra linebreaks and press ctrl and j.
Totally removed Notepad++ from my workflow (except for xml edits).

Kroama
July 18th, 2020, 21:58
Hopefully this project is still underway. Enjoyed running Skulls & Shackles together with a friend, and would love to see the continuation. Much thanks to the person(s) involved in putting the module together.

Delthos
July 29th, 2020, 21:31
I was just coming here to ask the same thing. It's been well over six months since S&S 1-4 were released. Having just recently worked on entering River into Darkness to support some things my group did, entering two entire APs is not something I look forward to doing, unless I absolutely have to do it. We are only about half way through book 2 so I have some time before I'll need them. Hopefully they'll be released before we get to the point of needing them.

coledking
December 17th, 2020, 03:28
I am looking for AP 5 + 6 (just about to start book 3). I can't see that this has been done. Can anyone help please?

firerob
January 7th, 2021, 06:50
hopefully one or both are going to be done soon really miss playing the modules

madman
February 5th, 2021, 01:56
Skull and Shackles AP 5 The Price Of Infamy has been turned in for Review.

mhossom
February 5th, 2021, 02:20

WOO HOO !!!!!

You really are my hero. Thank you for your contribution. If you're ever near Baltimore, get in touch. I owe you a beer.

DolfCarg
February 5th, 2021, 02:56

That is great news, thank you!

madman
February 5th, 2021, 11:04
WOO HOO !!!!!

You really are my hero. Thank you for your contribution. If you're ever near Baltimore, get in touch. I owe you a beer.

It took "forever...." From Hells Heart is in the works as well. Soon™

Madman..

Kroama
February 6th, 2021, 02:13
All of the upvotes!
Happy to see the last books are still coming.

mhossom
February 18th, 2021, 15:26
Purchased and in the queue to play.

Thank you for your efforts.

XYZenori
February 20th, 2021, 02:18
Skulls and Shackles was a super fun AP! I'm happy to see that more people will be able to play the whole series on FG soon!

firerob
November 10th, 2021, 04:52
Thought id see how progress for AP 6 is looking?

madman
November 10th, 2021, 23:42
Slow. I am still working on it though. Unless I give up the ghost, it will get done. Soon™
Madman..

firerob
April 9th, 2022, 07:40
thought id check in again and see if there was progress?

Tagernako
May 22nd, 2022, 13:45
Slow. I am still working on it though. Unless I give up the ghost, it will get done. Soon™
Madman..

Hey man. Just giving a check.

Anything I can offer to help?

coledking
November 9th, 2022, 06:05
Hey FGU!

Have we got an update where book 6 is at?

coledking
February 19th, 2023, 02:33
Hi
Any update on the release of book 6 of Skull and Shackles in FGU?

Trenloe
February 19th, 2023, 15:32
Hi
Any update on the release of book 6 of Skull and Shackles in FGU?
Answered here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?76937-Skull-and-Shackles-Book-6-release-date-in-FGU Please post questions once only.