PDA

View Full Version : FGC and FGU bought from store, buying rulesets from Steam?

Magnimost
May 18th, 2020, 19:45
If I buy WOIN ruleset from Steam, can I still use it with my FGC and FGU Ultimate licenses bought from FG store without hassle?

Background: I prefer not to use Paypal for anything, and that's the only option on FG store (checking out with guest account still shares info with PP, and I lost a credit card due to that a while ago, unrelated to FG). I realized I could buy from Steam and avoid PP altogether.

Tangentially related: due to the cut Steam takes, it might make sense for SW to introduce Stripe or crypto payments...

LordEntrails
May 18th, 2020, 20:07
Yes. Just make sure to link your Steam account. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/syncSteamAccount.xcp

Magnimost
May 18th, 2020, 20:18
Yes. Just make sure to link your Steam account. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/syncSteamAccount.xcp

Steam requires I have bought FG itself - which I have but not from Steam. So I can't proceed :(

I have linked my account.

Your transaction failed because you are trying to buy 'Fantasy Grounds - N.E.W. (WOiN)' which requires ownership of 'Fantasy Grounds'. Please correct the error and try again.

Zacchaeus
May 18th, 2020, 20:31
You can add your license to Steam. Go to the games dropdown at the top and select Activate a Product on Steam and enter your key there. Once it has been activated you'll be able to make purchases.

Magnimost
May 18th, 2020, 20:41
Thank you, that did it! WOIN bought, and works without Steam :)

BTW, adding my FGU Ultimate key didn't work, I'm guessing that's because FGU is not on Steam, yet.

DMTCSyd
June 19th, 2020, 01:11
I have an FGU Ultimate licence, purchased through the FG store. When I try and activate that on Steam, it tells me that it's an invalid product code. I'm going to guess that's because the only FG available on Steam is FGC. Does anyone know a way around this? I don't really want to have to buy a second copy of FG, but I do want to take advantage of the Steam store.

BaneTBC
June 19th, 2020, 03:25
You cannot activate FGU on Steam, since it's not released there yet. It's been said that after it is released, then it will either auto-update when Smiteworks sends them an updated user list (if you've linked your FG and Steam accounts) or you would be able to put in your license to get it updated sooner. But I would expect when it's released on Steam, those who already have had the Early Access will probably be there out of the gate.