PDA

View Full Version : Descent Into Avernus Theme for 5E

RickSaada
May 18th, 2020, 19:18
I got inspired by Damned's Strahd theme and did a similar workup for DiA based on that one. I used the cover image for the background, and swapped out a lot of the frames for the chat box, hotkey bar, etc. I also fixed a few issues with the text button layout, replaced the leather background title panel, and various other tweaks. I've got two versions of this, one with the Text Buttons for the side bar like in Strahd, and one with the normal Icon Buttons, which makes it compatible with CoreButtonsFor5e if you prefer those.

I've check with Damned about using their work, and WotC tells me this is covered by the Fan Content policy.

Enjoy!

Rick

wheresthemead
May 19th, 2020, 05:44
Very nice! I just started running this module. Might switch over.

Three of Swords
May 19th, 2020, 23:00
That looks very nice!

RickSaada
May 19th, 2020, 23:10
Thanks! My Photoshop-fu is pretty weak these days, but I managed to colorshift a lot of the stock art to coordinate well with the background. It's amazing what you can do with just tweaking the color curves.
Things got a lot easier once I figured out that the corerpg.pak and 5e.pak in rulesets *weren't* encrypted, and I could just go look at what they did.
I misunderstood a post about the .dat files in the vault being encrypted to mean that everything was. Oops.

JayceStorm
February 21st, 2021, 17:14
Receiving the following errors when trying to load this theme in FGU:

[2/21/2021 9:12:00 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "utility/scripts/moduleselection.lua"]:28: attempt to index global 'filter_ruleset' (a nil value)
[2/21/2021 9:12:00 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "utility/scripts/moduleselection.lua"]:233: attempt to index global 'page_start' (a nil value)
[2/21/2021 9:12:24 AM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template (button_modules_filter_open) in class (bettermoduleselection)

Zacchaeus
February 21st, 2021, 17:35
This theme is unlikely to work unless the author changes the buttons.

RickSaada
February 21st, 2021, 19:58
I don't have FGU, so hard for me to fix this. I just copied Damn's Strahd version and changed some art, though. If his has been updated maybe I can make the same change? Or if someone can tell me what it needs to be I'm happy to update it. But I'm still running classic.

LordEntrails
February 22nd, 2021, 02:10
I don't have FGU, so hard for me to fix this. I just copied Damn's Strahd version and changed some art, though. If his has been updated maybe I can make the same change? Or if someone can tell me what it needs to be I'm happy to update it. But I'm still running classic.
The ruleset updated were for both FGC and FGU. Updates to fix this should work on both platforms.

RickSaada
February 23rd, 2021, 04:16
So I upgraded to the latest build and I don't see these errors. Are you sure that's from this extension? What else are you running? I also tried Curse of Strahd and that worked fine too.
The only effect I got from upgrading was that the lovely icon buttons I had (Core Sidebar for 5e) stopped working, which is sad and unfortunate. Is there a way for me to download the previous version so I can get them back?

Tatershal
May 18th, 2021, 15:44
I got inspired by Damned's Strahd theme and did a similar workup for DiA based on that one. I used the cover image for the background, and swapped out a lot of the frames for the chat box, hotkey bar, etc. I also fixed a few issues with the text button layout, replaced the leather background title panel, and various other tweaks. I've got two versions of this, one with the Text Buttons for the side bar like in Strahd, and one with the normal Icon Buttons, which makes it compatible with CoreButtonsFor5e if you prefer those.

I've check with Damned about using their work, and WotC tells me this is covered by the Fan Content policy.

Enjoy!

Rick

Hello, how is everything?
Is it normal to stay like mine? Shouldn't it be centralized?46877

RickSaada
May 18th, 2021, 18:17
Hello, how is everything?
Is it normal to stay like mine? Shouldn't it be centralized?46877

It's a screen resolution issue. The problem is that AFAIK there's only limited "stretch to fill the screen" or "shrink to fit" options with the background image. It just tiles it (or portions of it, depending on how you set it up). So making an image that works for both very large and very small screens is a problem. I've got the red bands around the outside of the image to make it work reasonably well at HD and above, but it forces it off to the right on smaller screens. You can fix this for your resolution by changing the images. The ext file is just a renamed zip file you can unzip into your FG/Data/extensions directory. Then if you go into the FG/Data/extension/5EDiATheme/graphics/frames directory you'll find the image used for the background (I think it's DIA6.jpg). You can edit this down to fit your screen better, but be aware that this will also affect your players, so if they've got a large screen it may then tile oddly for them.