PDA

View Full Version : Apply effect to all [x] (x = enemies, allies, etc)

Qugu
May 18th, 2020, 11:27
Is there a way to apply an effect at the press of a button to a whole category? (mostly allies, enemies).

I.e. party enters a room with magical idol that blesses everyone in sight --> all characters are blessed.
Currently I am able to do this by creating an NPC (Idol), add a bless ability to it and individually drag it onto every character.
(assume not currently on a map, on a map I can use the multi-select I guess)

I have been trying to figure this out and searched around quite a bit, still found no answer, hope someone can help, thanks in advance.

Zacchaeus
May 18th, 2020, 12:27
CTRL+Click on each target's token on the CT. Targets don't need to be on the map for this to work as long as they are on the CT. (CTRL+Click is also the best targetting method when the tokens are on the map as well - you can click on the token on the map or on the CT)

Three of Swords
May 18th, 2020, 12:57
I don't think there is a way to do this by default. An extension would probably have to be written.

But Kent has written something that would prob work for you: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57417-5E-Aura-Effects

You'd just have to create a Combat Tracker entry for the Idol, keep it invisible from the PCs, and it should do the same thing.

Qugu
May 18th, 2020, 13:47
Thanks for the answer!

I don't think there is a way to do this by default. An extension would probably have to be written.

I can actually code, I wonder if I should start learning how to code FGU extensions... is there a manual/tutorial somewhere? I'll have a look.

But Kent has written something that would prob work for you: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57417-5E-Aura-Effects

You'd just have to create a Combat Tracker entry for the Idol, keep it invisible from the PCs, and it should do the same thing.

ok, I'll check it out! thanks!

Qugu
May 18th, 2020, 13:49
CTRL+Click on each target's token on the CT. Targets don't need to be on the map for this to work as long as they are on the CT. (CTRL+Click is also the best targetting method when the tokens are on the map as well - you can click on the token on the map or on the CT)

I am thankful for your reply and glad to have (partially) learnt something new. But this is exactly the same number of clicks and more of a workaround than an actual *function*.

Trenloe
May 18th, 2020, 13:49
is there a manual/tutorial somewhere? I'll have a look.
Info here in the Wiki: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/4096100/Developer+Guide

Bonkon
May 19th, 2020, 01:20
Good Day Qugu :)
In FGC if the tokens and on the map you can left click on the idol token you placed there and select "Target all friendly" option at the top of the map (Looks like a flag). I had to open the grid selection to get mine to show, but if you make the idle friendly it should work. :)
EDIT: if you want it to target anyone, you might need to toggle the faction of the idol on the CT select the "Target all friendly" and cast again. :)