PDA

View Full Version : SFS 2-01: Pact World Warriors SAT May 23rd @ 5.30 PM UTC

stephan_
May 18th, 2020, 10:35
This is a fun one but it usually runs long, so please schedule at least 4 1/2 to 5 hours!

Rescheduled to SAT June 6th @ 5.30 PM UTC!

Tier 1-4. The subtier will depend on the players. Make sure to decide on a reasonable subtier.

Be aware the current health situation unfortunately causes some unavoidable unpredictability (Internet bandwidth, ...) and may also cause this game to fill up rather rapidly.

About the scenario:

A Starfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1–4.

Recovering from its recent trials in the Scoured Stars, the Starfinder Society finds itself the target of a vicious media smear campaign. To combat this unexpected threat, the Society sends a group of agents to build up some standing in the Pact Worlds by taking part in a series of televised events orchestrated by the undead media mogul, Zo!. What these heroic agents don't know, is that their competition is willing to do whatever it takes to stop them from restoring the Society's tattered image.

Content in Pact World Warriors begins the Year of a Thousand Bites storyline.

Written by Jenny Jarzabski

Scenario Tags: Faction (Acquisitives)

Technical details:

We will use Fantasy Grounds (I have an Ultimate license) and Teamspeak.

Steps before the game:

Make sure to both apply here as well as in the game calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=4879), stating which character you'd like to play.

If you apply, make sure you send me your previous chronicle sheet of the character you want to apply this chronicle to (if you already have any chronicle sheet) either here or on Discord (Fantasy Grounds channel). If it is your first SFS game, I'll at least need your Paizo Organized Play # and your faction.

If you haven't already, also make sure to either build the character on FG yourself (and send it to me) or log in early enough so you can do so on game day.

Make sure you have updated Fantasy Grounds.

FG alias and Teamspeak server can be found under GM announcements in the game calendar.

Other notes:

Also make sure to track your purchases on the Inventory Tracking Sheet.

Be sure to apply on time (if you can make it) as the last games were rather full.

In your own interest, make sure the party is somewhat balanced level-wise.

Some boilerplate clarifications:

Please apply on the FG forums on both the game calendar as well as in the game thread (if multiple household members are playing, one person per household is sufficient). First, it's easier to tell how many spots are already filled that way. Second, the other players (as well as the GM) know what level and class to expect from your character (if you don't know yet, simply state TBD). Third, you'll get notified about any updates if you post in the game thread (at least about the first one). Fourth, it allows the GM to determine who applied first should it become relevant. Some exceptions might apply.

Also, please be sure to check the thread for new messages occasionally. You don't have to check each and every day or every few hours but please make sure to reply to any posts that do concern you in time. Should you remain unresponsive, I'll give the spot to a player that applied after you (as I won't know whether you are still interested in participating or not). Exceptions might apply, e.g. if you state beforehand that you won't be able to respond due to traveling.

If you apply but don't show up or drop out during the game without notice, in future games I might also give preference to other players who have a better track record of showing up. I am aware though that life and technical problems can always happen, so don't worry if you have a valid reason though.

These rules are not in place to prevent players from playing but in fact to enable players willing to play to actually do so. It's frustrating if I have to turn down players if it turns out they would in fact have been able to play.

Malkavian_Andi
May 18th, 2020, 18:56
If there's not a lot of interest from newer players, I can take a look if I have a replay available.

Zionmatrix
May 19th, 2020, 08:07
wish I could play. after 1-99 its perfect.
But instead I'll be roughing it (little to no internet, but will have a roof and power LOL) in the middle of forest land.

maybe next time

stephan_
May 19th, 2020, 08:43
If there is enough interest in the scenario but not the slot I can try to reschedule it.

Edit: Would June 6th same time work better?

If there's not a lot of interest from newer players, I can take a look if I have a replay available.

Thanks! I know two people wanted to play it, so I scheduled it but we'll see.

xazil
May 19th, 2020, 13:49
It is one I have already played as Andi offered it a short while back.

Zionmatrix
May 19th, 2020, 23:14
6th is good for me, if you don't play it this weekend

stephan_
May 20th, 2020, 06:08
Alright, I'll likely reschedule to the 6th then.

Not too sure whether to schedule something else on SAT or not, with PaizoCon being relatively soon anyway.

stephan_
May 20th, 2020, 16:29
Rescheduled to June 6th.

Any interest in a higher level game this weekend?

Talen
May 20th, 2020, 18:04
I would be interested...but chance I cant depending on family plans.

mizinamo
May 20th, 2020, 18:45
Any interest in a higher level game this weekend?

Interested, but I have no time this Saturday evening (I'm hosting a different game). Sunday would be free but you're already hosting something there.

Malkavian_Andi
May 20th, 2020, 19:31
I'm interested, but would of course depend on which scenario you plan to run.

stephan_
May 20th, 2020, 19:43
With more interest I would have considered Data Purge or Rasheen's Reception but it seems that with the available players that's not really feasible. The extended weekend (with lockdown restriction loosening) and the proximity of PaizoCon probably also doesn't help.

HeckoX
May 20th, 2020, 23:00
Hi stephan_,

Sorry, I tried sending you a DM, so as not to hi-jack this thread, but you're inbox is full...
I'm considering running the same game for some friends, but I'm a bit stuck on the required map assets.
May I ask how you've solved the problem? Are you using the ones from the PDF or did you create own?

stephan_
May 21st, 2020, 08:08
PM sent.

ShatteredReaper
May 31st, 2020, 08:08
I am new to FG and I would like to apply as a biomedic Mystic drow. I believe I applied here and on the game calendar, so I am wondering if there are other places I need to apply and where I send my character sheet cause I have it worked out now. with his spells and equipment.

Malkavian_Andi
May 31st, 2020, 11:55
I am new to FG and I would like to apply as a biomedic Mystic drow. I believe I applied here and on the game calendar, so I am wondering if there are other places I need to apply and where I send my character sheet cause I have it worked out now. with his spells and equipment.

A few things about that:
- This is an announcement for a game that took place last week. As Starfinder Society consists of individual one-shot games, you are unfortunately too late. But you can subscribe to the Game Announcement Thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40717-***-Starfinder-Game-Announcement-thread-***-Subscribe-to-get-email-updates-GM-posts) to get email updates when someone posts a new game. (And please don't post in that thread unless you want to run a game. People get email updates when someone posts there and will then assume a new game is being posted.)
- Since this is Starfinder Society organized play (SFS), there are a few ground rules set by Paizo's campaign organisator, the most restrictive being to only allow races from the Core Rulebook plus Izalguun. So no Drow, unfortunately. (This is meant to preserve the playable races from Alien Archive for use as special rewards.) You can find the full rules on SFS specifics in the Roleplaying Guild Guide (https://paizo.com/products/btpy9vlp?Starfinder-Society-Roleplaying-Guild-Guide).
- I'm not fully aware of what "biomedic" means in your context. Doesn't seem to be a connection. If you meant "Biohacker", be aware that SFS characters always begin at 1st level.
- Applying both in the game discussion thread and on the game calendar, as you did, usually is the correct way of getting into a game. Details on sending the character sheet vary by GM. Most GMs provide email or discord contacts for you to send files. It's also possible to upload files directly into the FG thread.

stephan_
May 31st, 2020, 12:07
Small correction: This game has been rescheduled, I just can't edit the title. :)

"Rescheduled to SAT June 6th @ 5.30 PM UTC!"

So in this instance it is the correct thread.

For the rest I'll defer to Malkavian_Andi's answer.

If you need the server up to build your character, let me know. My contact information can be found in the game calendar. Just be aware that I'll still be busy today with PaizoCon.

stephan_
May 31st, 2020, 22:54
@Vigilance: If you are interested in the SAT game, please let me know by posting in this thread.

TylerVan
May 31st, 2020, 23:55
If there are open slots available I would like to join with my level 1 Android Biohacker Borous-013.

Malkavian_Andi
June 1st, 2020, 08:16
I actually have a character in the lower subtier with a replay available, so I signed up on the calendar.

Vigilance
June 1st, 2020, 12:37
6th is good for me, if you don't play it this weekend

stephan_
June 1st, 2020, 12:39
Alright, thanks.

With that it looks like we have all six spots filled for this weekend, SAT June 6th @ 5.30 PM UTC.

stephan_
June 5th, 2020, 21:37
Please remind me to take a break around 8 PM UTC so I can try to get the slots for GenCon (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58789) sorted out.

stephan_
June 6th, 2020, 18:01
The server is up.

Due to technical difficulties with TS today, we'll switch to Discord for audio (official FG Discord (https://discord.gg/SgHkqs), game room 5).

stephan_
June 7th, 2020, 21:58
Chronicle drafts sent. Very likely no game next week, the week after that is Origins Online/ConCurrent (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57827-Origins-Online-(June-19th-21st)-SFS-PFS2-Fantasy-Grounds-Games).