PDA

View Full Version : Steam purchases

xrich
May 18th, 2020, 05:58
I recently bought FGU from smiteworks. I am interested in buying the Pathfinder Core Rules (PFRPG2) from Steam. The Steam page says "This content requires the base game Fantasy Grounds on Steam in order to play." Is the standard license from Smiteworks, linked to Steam, sufficient to buy a ruleset from Steam? Also, how do I know if the PFRPG2 ruleset is FGC or FGU? Or does it matter? Thanks!

LordEntrails
May 18th, 2020, 06:06
I'm not 100% on the Steam linking right now so I will let someone else answer that.

The PF2e ruleset is for both FGC and FGU.

I'm curious why you want to buy from Steam? Regional pricing? If not, the FG Store will have the same sales and prices (for USA) as Steam does.

xrich
May 18th, 2020, 06:08
Regional pricing. The PF2 ruleset is $59 USD at smiteworks which is $83 Canadian. At Steam it’s $68 Canadian.

Moon Wizard
May 18th, 2020, 09:20
FGU is not available on Steam yet; which means that the DLC is not available on Steam as a FGU add-on yet. We're still working on getting everything up on Steam; but a good chunk of the work has to be done by Steam due to the size of our catalog.

Regards,
JPG

xrich
May 18th, 2020, 17:56
Thanks, JPG!

brendude
May 18th, 2020, 23:06
Amazing! Thanks for the update it means a lot for those of us waiting for Steam availability. xrich to answer your earlier question, Steam will not let you buy the DLC unless you own FGC on their platform. I also purchased FGU directly from the Smiteworks website.

LordEntrails
May 19th, 2020, 00:35
If you have a FGC license, you can add it to Steam and then purchase Steam DLC. See; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58073-FGC-and-FGU-bought-from-store-buying-rulesets-from-Steam&p=510781&viewfull=1#post510781

xrich
May 19th, 2020, 03:45
Thanks for following up, LordEntrails!