PDA

View Full Version : How to link multiple dice to table to create special effect dice

jbaumstarck
May 18th, 2020, 01:15
How can you link a table which gives 3 outcomes (Black Shield, White Shield, and Skull) for the rolls on a d6 to a character or NPC's attack and defend dice rolls?

Zacchaeus
May 18th, 2020, 02:06
Welcome to FG.

I don’t understand the question.

jbaumstarck
May 22nd, 2020, 15:47
Welcome to FG.

I don’t understand the question.

I am attempting to replicate the attack/defend dice from the boardgames Hero Quest into a Fantasy Ground Campaign. These dice are six sided. One side is a black shield, two sides are white shields, and three sides are skulls. I realize that using a table I can recreate one of these dice and when rolled it gives a result of either Black Shield, White Shield, or Skull in the proper proportion, but numerous characters including NPCs use multiple of these dice for attack or defense. How can I get my table (which generates these results for a d6) linked to the attack or defense dice roll of characters or NPCs and allow for 2, 3, 4, or more of these dice to be rolled at once (as normal d6 could be).

Trenloe
May 22nd, 2020, 15:50
Moved to the workshop forum.

superteddy57
May 22nd, 2020, 16:17
@jbaumstarck Well Hero Quest has been mentioned quite a few times here on forums over the years. To answer your question, you would have two options. You can do a text output to chat based on the result of the dice and not care about how the dice look, found in any Action Manager in the provided rulesets. Or get inspiration from a few of the community rulesets on how to set up custom images on the dice. If you do use any of their code, please request permission from the contributor either on their forum thread or through PM if you plan on releasing it to the public.

*Edit:
I forgot to mention to check out this thread from Trenloe about how action managers work and how to modify them.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35531-Fantasy-Grounds-v3-X-CoreRPG-based-Actions-(dice-rolling)