PDA

View Full Version : [Extension] Wound/Dying overlays

Kelrugem
May 17th, 2020, 22:05
Not supported anymore, however, Daddyogreman coded a version for CoreRPG-based rulesets, see here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66315-CoreRPG-Wound-Overlay :)

Hi :)

There was some request about an extension for wound and dying overlays, and I made some of it here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57893-Request-PF2RPG-map-indicator-for-death&p=509648&viewfull=1#post509648

But it is only for wounds and dying, since I had/have no time to delve into the PF2 code there will be no overlay for saves or death (though they are still there but not triggered), and the existing overlays are very easy to do (at least I hope that there are no errors :p). It should be hopefully very stable as long as nothing changes with the first three functions of ActorManager2 in PF2 :)

Still, I would be happy if someone can take over since I have really not much time to maintain that now :) (It is not difficult, if you want I can shortly explain it a bit :) ) And that person could also add more functionality like the death and/or save overlays :) (therefore I post it here, to find some brave soul taking that over :D)

Best and have fun,

Kelrugem

EDIT: The licenses for the graphics are added :) Some of them come from tahl_liadon who is also a member here :)

When the blood overlay are on some tokens and you readd them or reload the table then you have to force an update with manual editing etc. to bring them back :)

phillgamboa
May 18th, 2020, 11:28
Fantastic thank you.

phillgamboa
May 18th, 2020, 12:10
I'm detected a bug in extension. The info of blooded damage (images) stop working after reopen the table, compelling to add a manual damage in the combat tracker of all enemies and players to vinculate images (blood). FGC.

Kelrugem
May 18th, 2020, 17:07
I'm detected a bug in extension. The info of blooded damage (images) stop working after reopen the table, compelling to add a manual damage in the combat tracker of all enemies and players to vinculate images (blood). FGC.

Yes, that is normal :) Forgot to mention that in the thread :) When the blood overlay are on some tokens and you readd them or reload the table then you have to force an update with manual editing etc. to bring them back :) I am not sure yet where I have to add an "update code" to force "permanent" overlays

Cupcakus
June 11th, 2020, 18:55
I'm willing to take this over as it relates to PF2... However I'd like the change the behavior a bit. Here is my proposed change if you agree:

Wound Overlay (It does this now, I will leave it as is)
Light Wound -> Moderate Wound -> Heavy Wound ->Critical Wound

Dying/Death Overlay
If 0 HP and marked as an enemy in the CT show Death overlay
If Unconscious status is applied to creature/player show Unconscious overlay
If Dying condition is applied to creature/player show Dying overlay

Other Overlays
There is no use AFAIK for the following overlays, so I will remove the from the extension:
-Disabled
-KO
-Staggered
-Save Fail
-Save Partial
-Save Success

I will also fix the bug where the overlays don't show up after the app is restarted...

Kelrugem
June 11th, 2020, 19:01
I'm willing to take this over as it relates to PF2... However I'd like the change the behavior a bit. Here is my proposed change if you agree:

Wound Overlay (It does this now, I will leave it as is)
Light Wound -> Moderate Wound -> Heavy Wound ->Critical Wound

Dying/Death Overlay
If 0 HP and marked as an enemy in the CT show Death overlay
If Unconscious status is applied to creature/player show Unconscious overlay
If Dying condition is applied to creature/player show Dying overlay

Other Overlays
There is no use AFAIK for the following overlays, so I will remove the from the extension:
-Disabled
-KO
-Staggered
-Save Fail
-Save Partial
-Save Success

I will also fix the bug where the overlays don't show up after the app is restarted...

Yes, sure, take over and adjust it as you see fit :) Thanks for taking it over :)

(yeah, I kept the other overlays there from my other extension, just in case there is some use for it in PF2. But they do not get used in the code at any place here)

When you got rid of this update bug then please let me know :) Then I can adjust it also in my 3.5e/PF1 version :) (I never really messed with that yet, since it was not so high on my priority list)

EDIT: You should then maybe open a new thread such that you can have the first post and edit the extension :)

Cupcakus
June 11th, 2020, 22:51
Done!

The new and improved extension can be found here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58998-Extension-Dying-Death-Wounded-Token-Overlays)

Weissrolf
July 3rd, 2020, 09:33
I never thanked you in this thread, so here we go: Thanks a lot! :)

Kelrugem
January 2nd, 2021, 22:27
I have updated this extension. Cupcakus seems not to be active right now, so, I shortly updated my extension (because cupcakus has it from me :D). It now scales properly for FGU, too :) And some warning on the client side got erased :)

I would be happy when someone can maintain the extension, as long as Cupcakus does not do it :)

(the warning didn't cause any problem; but several people here reported that warning lately because they actually got some error not related to this extension. Please, when you report errors, compile your logs and/or scroll down in the console to see the error message :) )

Skellan
January 30th, 2021, 19:55
This extension appears to be creating a problem with Line of Sight in Unity. Some players were seeing a black screen with only other tokens visible.
Disabling this extension fixes it for me.
Just thought I would add this here in case anyone else has this issue.

Kelrugem
January 30th, 2021, 20:14
This extension appears to be creating a problem with Line of Sight in Unity. Some players were seeing a black screen with only other tokens visible.
Disabling this extension fixes it for me.
Just thought I would add this here in case anyone else has this issue.

That may mean that the size of the overlays is blocking some download. I already reduced the size but who knows :)

But also make sure that your player actually click on their token the first time they're on the map, otherwise it is normal that the map is black and they just see the other tokens :) (it could be maybe also due to some update on PF2; as I wrote I would be happy when someone could maintain it because I would not really since I do not play PF2. Also not much time right now)

Skellan
January 30th, 2021, 20:36
It is perhaps too small a sample to say the that it was 100% the extension causing the problem, but the LOS got fixed when I disabled it.
It is not a biggie - I know you don't really support the extension with this ruleset, just thought I would feedback in case anyone else has this issue.

Kelrugem
January 30th, 2021, 20:47
It is perhaps too small a sample to say the that it was 100% the extension causing the problem, but the LOS got fixed when I disabled it.
It is not a biggie - I know you don't really support the extension with this ruleset, just thought I would feedback in case anyone else has this issue.

Thanks, I surely appreciate the report :)

Weissrolf
January 30th, 2021, 22:31
I had that phenomena, too, but did not nail it down to extension incompatibilities yet. Let's keep an eye on this.

Kelrugem
January 31st, 2021, 07:24
Yup :) Though I have a similar extension for 3.5e/PF1 which has even more overlays and no reports there; so, if it is this extensions, it might be PF2 specific, though I would spontaneously not know why :) (because it is image stuff)

Kelrugem
January 31st, 2021, 09:47
Just in case, there are from time to time such reports, also in 5e: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?65626-black-screen-for-players-when-moving-characters

Maybe there is indeed something related to some extensions out there :D Does someone of you use a DMSGuild extension?

(It could be well-be that multiple extensions cause that problem, too; such bandwidth thingies are difficult to test)

Kelrugem
January 31st, 2021, 10:03
I just checked, the extension does not need an update as far as I see (it is gladly rather compatible). Maybe I need to reduce the image sizes even further, when it is indeed due to that :)

Skellan
January 31st, 2021, 11:19
The issue they are having in the 5e thread does sound very similar. Turning off the LOS did reveal the map for the player.

I don't run any DMs Guild extensions. The extensions I run are: Ready check, Creature Parser & Proficiency without level.

The player affected in my game does have a slower internet speed.

I'll run the next game without the overlay extension and if it happens again, it will suggest the cause is elsewhere.

Weissrolf
January 31st, 2021, 21:39
I do run DMG extensions, but having that cause LOS problems only for single players points more to an underlying engine (FGU) problem than specific extension problem. There are no LUA errors reported and only part of the actively connected players are affected when it happens.

I don't see "bandwidth" as too relevant here (other than possible FGU bugs), because FGC used slow kb/s connections even over LAN and still worked. I use a 36 mbit upload internet connection here, which I measured to be fully usable by FGU (for single large images). I had this happen when the only connected player was myself via a second instance of FGU running on the same computer (but cloud connection).

Skellan
January 31st, 2021, 22:34
It could be the case. It affected just one player for me also.
Hopefully we will get to the bottom of it soon :)

Kelrugem
February 16th, 2021, 15:22
Just as a notification: There is soon a big update such that this extension won't work anymore (very likely); I have extremely lot to do right now, so, I won't be able to update this extension :) Since I was already asking for people taking over: Now is a good opportunity! :D (do not worry, it is not so difficult if you know a bit of coding :) )

Zaister
February 17th, 2021, 00:26
Since I am interested in it myself, I think I can check out if I can get it to work with the new rule set.

Hattoriku
March 9th, 2021, 17:43
I am a big fan of this extension, I would be happy to support bringing it back to the PF2 ruleset. I have only dabbled a bit in coding but will throw my hat in the ring as well.

Weissrolf
March 9th, 2021, 18:26
Already happened: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66315-CoreRPG-Wound-Overlay

Kelrugem
March 9th, 2021, 18:33
Yeah, I'd recommend Daddyogreman's extension; though it may not support any ruleset-specific death stuff as in this extension here (I have seen that Cupcakus added some extra PF2 stuff) :)

Hattoriku
March 9th, 2021, 19:53
Thank you, the FG community is amazing!

Kelrugem
April 28th, 2021, 13:24

So, I had now more time again for my community extensions. Therefore I wanted to ask whether there is still some need for this extension here or does Daddyogreman's extension cover everything for you? :)

Weissrolf
April 28th, 2021, 13:58
I am using the Ogre one now. Thanks for asking. :)

Kelrugem
April 28th, 2021, 14:21
I am using the Ogre one now. Thanks for asking. :)

Cool, less work for me then :D Then I officially deprecate (again :D) the support of this extension :) I will provide a link to ogre's extension in the first post

Weissrolf
April 28th, 2021, 14:53
Still hoping for a "leave the death token on the map when NPC CT entry is deleted" function. But with Daddy's extension working for all of CoreRPG it seems like an easier choice now.

Weissrolf
April 28th, 2021, 14:55
That being said, I never checked if your extension works properly with size 0 (zero) NPCs, which Daddy's currently does not.

AlaskanFalcon
April 28th, 2021, 19:00
Still hoping for a "leave the death token on the map when NPC CT entry is deleted" function. But with Daddy's extension working for all of CoreRPG it seems like an easier choice now.

While that would certainly be nice functionality (and has been requested of Daddy Ogre's extension), my workaround is pretty simple. I've got two tokens that I added to the hotkeys bar: one is a skull and crossbones for a corpse without loot, and the other is a bag of loot to remind the players to pilfer the corpse; I simply just drag the token from the hotkey bar to the map and it works relatively well.

Weissrolf
April 28th, 2021, 19:03
Thanks for the hint. Main problem with tokens is that they cover NPCs, so any NPC moving into that space then looks as if it's marked as dead.

Larsenex
April 29th, 2021, 18:34

So, I had now more time again for my community extensions. Therefore I wanted to ask whether there is still some need for this extension here or does Daddyogreman's extension cover everything for you? :)

Keulgem,

I am exclusive to Pathfinder2e and was using the overlays extension. This has been working to my knowledge. If you are inclined to update > I'll use it!

Kelrugem
April 29th, 2021, 19:28
Keulgem,

I am exclusive to Pathfinder2e and was using the overlays extension. This has been working to my knowledge. If you are inclined to update > I'll use it!

Daddyogreman's extension also works for PF2, no worries, see here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66315-CoreRPG-Wound-Overlay :)