PDA

View Full Version : Module Export

TXCBoy36
May 17th, 2020, 08:13
Can someone please explain the use of Module Export?

I have some AL modules that I downloaded from DM Guild. Can I load these onto FGC for use in a gaming session. Any advise is welcome on how to do this.....

Thanks!

GavinRuneblade
May 17th, 2020, 09:13
Can someone please explain the use of Module Export?

I have some AL modules that I downloaded from DM Guild. Can I load these onto FGC for use in a gaming session. Any advise is welcome on how to do this.....

Thanks!

Module export is for when you create your own content and want to share it with your players. For example, I have pictures of NPCs, story elements about the setting, new feats, new spells, and all that. I export into a module and share it with my players so they have the ability to view it anytime, not just when I'm online and have the game running.

The modules from the DM's Guild you can load into FG if they are the right file type. If they are PDFs then no, not without a good bit of work to convert them.

Zacchaeus
May 17th, 2020, 09:38
Details about module export here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library#Module_Export

Bonkon
May 17th, 2020, 16:21
Good Day TXCBoy36 :)
Simply move the .mod file into your modules folder for FG then they will be available to open via the library button like you open the DMG, PFB, and such. :)

TXCBoy36
May 19th, 2020, 06:53
Thanks for the info....very helpful