PDA

View Full Version : Creating a new Wood Elf Range

TXCBoy36
May 17th, 2020, 06:22
I am in the process of learning how this all works on FGC. I am putting in the Race and Class...As an Elf, gets a +2 to their const but on the character sheet / form, it raises the Const score to a 11 with a +1 for the bonus. I have not rolled stats yet, just filling out the Race and Class section to see how FGC makes the Race and Class automatic adjustments. Should I select the stats first?

damned
May 17th, 2020, 06:48
Stats, Background, Race, Class.
You can swap the middle two.

Zacchaeus
May 17th, 2020, 09:42
Not sure what you are doing but there's no Elf that gets any kind of CON racial bonus.

Cyrian
May 17th, 2020, 20:05
When you drag the Elf Race, it should give you a popup window for the sub-race selection which have additional stat bonuses. Once that is selected, you will have the +2 DEX modification that all elves get, and the additional sub-race bonus:

Eladrin: +1 INT
Shadar-Kai: +1 CON
Sea-Elf: +1 CON
Eladrin: +1 CHA
Dark Elf (Drow): +1 CHA
High Elf: +1 INT
Wood Elf: +1 WIS

As damned said, you should place your base stats first either from rolls, point-buy, or whatever, followed by background and race, and then the class last, mainly so that your starting hit points take advantage of your final CON modifier.

LordEntrails
May 17th, 2020, 20:18
Note that only the sub-races for content you own and have loaded will be presented.

TXCBoy36
May 18th, 2020, 05:22
I am in the process of learning how this all works on FGC. I am putting in the Race and Class...As an Elf, gets a +2 to their const but on the character sheet / form, it raises the Const score to a 11 with a +1 for the bonus. I have not rolled stats yet, just filling out the Race and Class section to see how FGC makes the Race and Class automatic adjustments. Should I select the stats first?

Sorry, I meant the +2 Dex bonus. I will make sure that the 5e source books are uploaded. I am working off of the original books that come with FGC. I just got the Ultimate License 1 day ago. I am still working on collecting all of the source material so its available for use when creating a character.

Thanks!