PDA

View Full Version : Default Rule Set Download Suggestion

Coren
May 17th, 2020, 02:59
Hello. I'd like to make a QoL suggestion for FGU.

Could we get an option in the settings for what rule sets we want FGU to download/keep up to date. I think it's awesome that we have so many SRD rulesets available, but I'm not playing most of them. I'm playing 5e. There seems to be a lot of development going on (which is awesome) but this also means a lot of updates regularly. They are eating up hard drive space and internet traffic and are not being used at all.

I envision this being an additional tab next to Advanced or maybe a pop-up box from the Basic tab that would let you select rule sets to download.

Thanks

LordEntrails
May 17th, 2020, 05:33
I believe this is on the Wish List. You can vote for it there.

But, this has been asked before and the devs have responded in the past that it is not something they are likely to adopt because of dependency issues and the amount of errors it is likely to incur. And all those errors are likely to increase support requests beyond a level they are comfortable with.

Note that in most cases the SRD's are not updated frequently and therefore though an Update verifies you have the lastest, they don't actually download and hence are not a significant consideration for most use cases.

Coren
May 17th, 2020, 05:38
Thanks. I know that when using FG, the updates didn't feel as often, but with FGU it seems there are more and more and take longer (larger file size maybe?). I think it's great that they are being actively updated, just not a fan of waiting for them to download when I don't use them.

I'll take a look at the wishlist and vote.

damned
May 17th, 2020, 06:49
Dont update FGU all the time... it does as you say happen often.

LordEntrails
May 17th, 2020, 20:11
Dont update FGU all the time... it does as you say happen often.
<Smeegle voice>But the button is outlined in Red! I must press, Oh I must press my pretty! (</Smeegle>

Coren
May 17th, 2020, 21:37
<smeegle voice>but the button is outlined in red! I must press, oh i must press my pretty! (</smeegle>

lol