PDA

View Full Version : Backup Errors

phloog
May 17th, 2020, 00:16
Getting these suddenly after working in a 5e campaign...?

attaching image of error log...thanks

damned
May 17th, 2020, 00:45
If you go into PHLOOG 5eC1 folder can you create a new text file there and edit it?

phloog
May 17th, 2020, 17:21
If you go into PHLOOG 5eC1 folder can you create a new text file there and edit it?

Yes..in File Manager navigated to that folder, did a NEW/Text document...dbl click to open...typed into it, saved...closed it...reopened it and the text was what I expected.
Thanks,
JT

phloog
May 17th, 2020, 17:30
So...I tried moving the BACKUP files out of that folder temporarily, then restarted the campaign...nope...still insane numbers of errors. (new image)

Is FGU still essentially beta? I haven't kept up, so that's my fault. My TERROR is that either A) It's going to crash mid-game, or even worse B) it's going to crash and lose EVERYTHING I've got in there.

At this point, with my first remote game set for this week, it's looking like I'm going to (yuck) have Roll20 ready, because I can't risk having to regenerate everything. Of course, I still also have DMGenie if I just go back to 3E ;)

I considered exporting all the characters and creating a new campaign, but that isn't going to stop it from happening to the next campaign. If I don't know WHY it happens, or if it could corrupt my game, I can't use FGU.

Thanks for all the help..let me know if this gives you any new ideas.

JT35621

EDIT: and apparently exporting the characters and creating a new campaign isn't going to work, because as soon as I try to IMPORT a character I get this:

LordEntrails
May 17th, 2020, 19:53
Is FGU still essentially beta? I haven't kept up, so that's my fault. My TERROR is that either A) It's going to crash mid-game, or even worse B) it's going to crash and lose EVERYTHING I've got in there.
Yes, FGU is still beta.

Just backup your entire campaigns folders when FGU is not running and then you will have no chance of losing more than what you have done since your last backup.