PDA

View Full Version : Mac - Scrolling is very choppy and not very responsive [Fixed]

zuilin
May 16th, 2020, 23:47
FGU 2020-05-15 (and previous) vs FGC - On the macOS version, scrolling with the mousewheel is very irresponsive and choppy. I've had to resort to dragging the scroll bar handle instead which is very annoying.

Please make scrolling on a Mac better.

Thanks.

nivintw
May 17th, 2020, 09:39
Just adding that i've experienced the same.

sstarsslayer
May 24th, 2020, 04:48
Scrolling with the trackpad works much better, if you have one. With the mouse, FGU ignores very slow scrolling completly. The wheel can click click click endless times as you spin it and nothing will happen. So, you then have to do a rapid jerky scroll to get movement which often goes too far in those tiny little windows if you don't have that one dragged to full height. The mouse scrolling behavior feels much better outside of FGU. Trackpad works inside and out though, so I use that. (Two finger drag).

zuilin
May 24th, 2020, 04:50
Scrolling with the trackpad works much better, if you have one. With the mouse, FGU ignores very slow scrolling completly. The wheel can click click click endless times as you spin it and nothing will happen. So, you then have to do a rapid jerky scroll to get movement which often goes too far in those tiny little windows if you don't have that one dragged to full height. The mouse scrolling behavior feels much better outside of FGU. Trackpad works inside and out though, so I use that. (Two finger drag).

I like to play with my mouse and keyboard and large screen (I do have a MacBook Pro). I sure hope they fix this.

sstarsslayer
May 24th, 2020, 05:11
Just so you know, you can also scroll well on a magic mouse (you drag over it like a trackpad it has no wheel) or with an external trackpad or on the trackpads that are built into some keyboards. I like to play in front of a 5k screen also but, when I'm using the mousewheel instead on FGU, I turn the scrolling speed all the way down in the logictech options. This lets me do the jerky fast scroll without going too far. So, you have options while you wish for fixes.

zuilin
May 24th, 2020, 05:39
Just so you know, you can also scroll well on a magic mouse (you drag over it like a trackpad it has no wheel) or with an external trackpad or on the trackpads that are built into some keyboards. I like to play in front of a 5k screen also but, when I'm using the mousewheel instead on FGU, I turn the scrolling speed all the way down in the logictech options. This lets me to the jerky fast scroll without going too far. So, you have options while you wish for fixes.

Ah... that's a good idea. Changing the Logitech options. I'll try it.

zuilin
May 24th, 2020, 06:11
Ah... that's a good idea. Changing the Logitech options. I'll try it.

A......nd. Stupid G-Hub doesn't have options for mouse wheel sensitivity. Changing the one in the macOS settings seems to have no effect on FGU. Ugh.

zuilin
May 24th, 2020, 06:16
A......nd. Stupid G-Hub doesn't have options for mouse wheel sensitivity. Changing the one in the macOS settings seems to have no effect on FGU. Ugh.

Maybe it does. But it's not quite right, either. sigh

zuilin
May 24th, 2020, 06:21
Maybe it does. But it's not quite right, either. sigh

WAIT! Yes, if I turn the scroll ALL the way down, THEN launch FGU, it seems to improve it a lot. Not perfect, but much better. Still, it seems to be a bug in FGU.

sstarsslayer
May 24th, 2020, 06:28
I was using the "Logi Options" app that came with my mouse.
https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/options

zuilin
May 24th, 2020, 06:29
I was using the "Logi Options" app that came with my mouse.
https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/options

Yeah, my mouse is a gaming one that has the "new' G-Hub software.

zuilin
November 17th, 2020, 16:01
As of this week, I think it's been fixed! Yay! Scrolling now feels more FGC-like on the Mac in FGU with a scroll-wheel mouse.

Thanks Smiteworks!