PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Soulbound using MoreCore ?

MMOaddicted
May 15th, 2020, 18:18
I've been debating starting my group using a VTT for now as we are some pretty high risk of infection folks so better keep apart for the time being. Any advice how to run the new system? It's a d6 based system so I thought using MoreCore shouldn't be too hard, the biggest thing being the skill focus stuff but those can be calculated manually easily, at least from the brief look I had. Has anyone tried this yet and ran into any issues?

damned
May 16th, 2020, 07:44
I have not. Am happy to bounce any queries you have around and try and come up with best ways to do in MoreCore

MMOaddicted
May 16th, 2020, 07:53
I mean, I think it is good as is since the basic formula is roll xd6 and see how many are above the difficulty number, then see how many successes you got. Only difference is the focus mechanic, which imho would be too much a bother to implement, basically your level of focus in a skill gives you a bonus you can apply to dice rolls. So say I have a skill with 3 focus, and roll 4 5 4 3 on a difficulty 5 task, my focus lets me increase the roll results by 3 total, so I can make it 5 5 5 4. I don't think there is functionality to automatically implement it which is worth the amount of work it'd require. I was just fishing around to see if anyone actually ran it, figured out if there is someone out there then they may have some more input. I'll write up my experiences using it after I run a session with it at the end of the month. Thanks so much for replying damned.