PDA

View Full Version : Players able to modify map?

runnetib
May 15th, 2020, 01:51
I was testing out a server to see if the setup worked, and invited someone to join. Problem is, as a non-gm, they had access to edit the maps, access to the campaign story bits, encounters, etc. There was nothing I could find to limit their access, and they even had control over the assets, so they could give themselves more that what was already presented.

Is there some setting I'm missing, or is this something bugged within the system? Thanks.

LordEntrails
May 15th, 2020, 04:11
They should not be able to... Don't know what else to say :)

jrowsey1
May 15th, 2020, 04:18
Check the Library and see if you've granted the players access to every module - if there is a green check mark icon then the players can access it. So if you gave them access to an adventure module or bestiary, then they can access those files.

damned
May 15th, 2020, 04:33
Never ever share adventure modules with players....

runnetib
May 28th, 2020, 23:23
Check the Library and see if you've granted the players access to every module - if there is a green check mark icon then the players can access it. So if you gave them access to an adventure module or bestiary, then they can access those files.

Checked it out again with some testing. They did not have any access given to them, yet they were still able to draw on the map. I even went through on my end and turned off the parts for bestiary, story, etc. under the player assets, yet they remained available when one logged in.

runnetib
June 22nd, 2020, 08:31
Checked it out again with some testing. They did not have any access given to them, yet they were still able to draw on the map. I even went through on my end and turned off the parts for bestiary, story, etc. under the player assets, yet they remained available when one logged in.

Any additional ideas?

Zacchaeus
June 22nd, 2020, 12:41
Players can draw on the map. That is a feature of the software.

lostsanityreturned
June 23rd, 2020, 08:15
Players can draw on the map. That is a feature of the software.

One that should be lockable for some groups :(, I feel for my PF1e GM... So many easily distracted bored people with crude humour.

Zacchaeus
June 23rd, 2020, 09:47
One that should be lockable for some groups :(, I feel for my PF1e GM... So many easily distracted bored people with crude humour.

Drawing is locked by default is it not? The DM needs to enable it in order for it to be useable.

Surge
June 23rd, 2020, 09:59
Locking the drawing layer has never worked for me. The players are always able to draw on the map in my sessions.

Moon Wizard
June 24th, 2020, 08:16
Then, that is an issue. I've added to the issues to review.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
June 24th, 2020, 17:47
Carl took a look at the player drawing; and the drawing lock that the GM can turn on via the right-click menu correctly prevents players from being able to draw on an image. The default is that drawings are allowed.

Regards,
JPG