PDA

View Full Version : Getting Frenzy to work?

RHManiac
May 15th, 2020, 00:15
I'm sure this has already been answered **SOMEWHERE** else in this forum, but my search-fu is weak.

How does one automate the Frenzy edge in the SWADE rules set? Is that something that can be done?

Thanks in advance!

IceBear
May 15th, 2020, 02:00
Since it requires a decision on the player's part it can't be automated. Trick...when want to use Frenzy, pick up the fighting die right click to add a second die from Frenzy and roll

RHManiac
May 16th, 2020, 02:48
Thank you very much, IB!

I am just now diving into all of this stuff due to, well, you know... And I am finding it an awesome way to game in many respects. No driving... no cleaning the house if you host... and distractions are pretty much at a minimum compared to the modern, in-person tabletop experience.

I am finding Fantasy Grounds to be a wonderful set of tools that I am just scratching the surface on. I think I've got a good grip on how the hammer and the screwdriver work... now what can I do with these wrenches over here? :p

ragnarol
May 17th, 2020, 08:45
You can also just configure the attack on teh combat tab of the character sheet. Right click on it and select 2 as the "# of attacks"

IceBear
May 17th, 2020, 10:58
Yeah...it might be better in the long run to create a subattack for each attack with the number of attacks being 2.

So you have a longsword, right click, subattack, call it Frenzy Longsword or whatever, right click on the Fighting die and change the number of attacks to 2. That's where you can add modifiers to the attack as well if they should find a magical longsword that gives +1 to Fighting rolls (that could be done by Effects as well)

I apologize for giving you a suboptimal answer before. I was in a rush and many don't know about the right click adding dice. That method is more for something you only do once and awhile. With Frenzy you'll be doing it frequently so adding a Frenzy attack might be more convenient