PDA

View Full Version : FGU and Token Location/Storage

Espiem
May 14th, 2020, 23:18
I'm trying to figure out the best way to manage tokens in FGU. I've seen it suggested on the Wiki and in other threads (though maybe not specific to Unity) that it is better to store tokens in a module to save load times and allow you to only load up tokens you want to use. However, I'm not sure how this is working in FGU. I was able to create a token module, and put it in my modules folder, but it does not show up as a module to be loaded in FGU. Instead, there is just an extra token bag under Tokens in the assets button with no option to load or unload and all of those tokens automatically selectable. With that said, is there any actual advantage to storing tokens in a module under FGU? It doesn't seem to function any different than just storing the .png files themselves in a folder structure inside of my tokens Data folder.

Moon Wizard
May 14th, 2020, 23:21
That doesn't apply to FGU. FGU will load a complete list of all image/token/portrait assets to be available for use within a session. However, unlike FGC, it does not load the assets until it needs to display them; it uses thumbnails for Assets window; and it will unload unused assets after 10 minutes.

Regards,
JPG

Espiem
May 15th, 2020, 02:29
So just to clarify then, I shouldn't bother going through the effort of creating modules out of all my tokens and can just organize them in the tokens Data folder?

LordEntrails
May 15th, 2020, 04:08
So just to clarify then, I shouldn't bother going through the effort of creating modules out of all my tokens and can just organize them in the tokens Data folder?
For FGU, yes, you don't need to use token modules.