PDA

View Full Version : Map works sometimes only, receive error message

Kordin
May 14th, 2020, 19:48
Database Error: image: Invalid file (images/MandyMod_orphanage_nogrid.jpg)

it happens with a few maps actually. sometimes they work flawlessly and others i get this error.

if i restart FG's. its fixed for a bit. this just started happening today. i would hate to have to put the game on pause and restart to get them to work. it is only maps that i have added. not official ones. and they do work correctly alot.

any thoughts to a simple solution?

LordEntrails
May 14th, 2020, 19:49
Unshare stuff that is no longer needed. What process size is FG on your and your players computers?
Make sure images do not have double spaces or special characters.

Trenloe
May 14th, 2020, 19:54
What is the file size and the image pixel dimensions (width x height) of some of the image files that you've added and have issues with?

Are you using any active sync/backup applications on your FG data directories?

Kordin
May 14th, 2020, 20:03
double post .. my bad

Kordin
May 14th, 2020, 20:04

the reason i got these is because they look nice, way better than the original ones.
no active sync/backup applications on your FG data directories

LordEntrails
May 14th, 2020, 20:16
Images larger than 2048x2048 pixels can cause problems with 32 bit operating systems. You can have a few of them, but if you share too many they will cause the problems you are seeing. Clients/Players will see this before the GM does (different architecture).

As I said, unshare what you no longer need. Only share one larger than recommended image at a time and unshare when done. Monitor process size limit of FG if this issues persist.

Trenloe
May 14th, 2020, 20:17

the reason i got these is because they look nice, way better than the original ones.
That middle image is 3 times the recommended image size for FG Classic and certainly won't be helping FG run efficiently.

Also, could you post a screenshot of your chat window immediately after loading so we can see the versions of the ruleset and any extensions you're loading.

Kordin
May 14th, 2020, 20:17
i did have alot shared. have unshared. thx for the tip. will see if it works.

Kordin
May 14th, 2020, 20:26
will Unity be able to run these maps np? i have it. just dont use it much till its working properly. Still learning FG and so are my players so i dont wanna have a non functional FGU and make it harder. if that makes sense.

mem usage for FG is crazy. it goes from 3.4 mb to 3247.7 mb. pretty big jump. without me really changing anything. would unity fix that? is probably tokens. ( Guessing i really have no idea )

Trenloe
May 14th, 2020, 20:50
will Unity be able to run these maps np? i have it. just dont use it much till its working properly. Still learning FG and so are my players so i dont wanna have a non functional FGU and make it harder. if that makes sense.

mem usage for FG is crazy. it goes from 3.4 mb to 3247.7 mb. pretty big jump. without me really changing anything. would unity fix that? is probably tokens. ( Guessing i really have no idea )
FG Classic is a 32-bit application. So even if your computer has lots of memory it is limited to around 3.6GB of memory use. In reality you'll start to have issues above 3GB - which probably explains your issues as you're getting to at least 3.2GB.

FG Unity is a 64-bit application, so it can use all of your memory in your computer. So it will be able to load larger maps (number of pixels). But, it still has to process all of those pixels, so there'll be a slow down for larger maps. But at least you won't have memory issues.