PDA

View Full Version : Traveller T20

Traygin
March 27th, 2007, 02:14
Is there any Traveller T20 rulesets out there?

Valarian
March 27th, 2007, 08:17
Funnily enough, I just downloaded Fantasy Grounds last night and I've started on a Character Sheet. I'll let you know ....

tdwyer11b
March 27th, 2007, 08:40
Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't you use the modern ruleset?

Valarian
March 27th, 2007, 10:31
No ... Traveller T20 is based on the D20 SRD not the Modern one.
There is a set of house rules for using d20 Modern available on the Citzens of the Imperium bulletin board though.

You could use d20 Modern and d20 Future ... but then, that just wouldn't be Traveller. ;)

tdwyer11b
March 27th, 2007, 10:39
Hehe, or I could just use the LBB's I got stashed away. :D

Valarian
March 27th, 2007, 11:00
Great! A Classic Traveller character sheet on the way as well?
... all the better :)

Traygin
March 28th, 2007, 01:32
Funnily enough, I just downloaded Fantasy Grounds last night and I've started on a Character Sheet. I'll let you know ....

Yea let me know how it turns out :square:

tdwyer11b
March 28th, 2007, 10:06
Nah, I've already got the GURPS Traveller book, I'll go with that.

Valarian
May 4th, 2007, 12:12
Stalled with the character sheet a bit due to the release of FG2. Hope to get back to it soon, once I work out how FG2 does things.

Traygin
May 4th, 2007, 19:44
Stalled with the character sheet a bit due to the release of FG2. Hope to get back to it soon, once I work out how FG2 does things.

Excellent keep us informed :D

Valarian
May 12th, 2007, 12:38
Well ... the character sheet (ruleset) for FG2 has been completed, based on the example d20 one supplied by Smite. As no rules are included, the character sheet should be okay to release. I've still to play using the sheets, so there may be some problems once they've been used in anger.

I'm starting work on modules for my own use. When these are completed, I may try approaching Hunter (Quiklink Interactive) to see if he'd be interested in them for general release.

Last_resort_33
May 12th, 2007, 13:27
Sorry- missed the second page.. I'd like to have a look if you don't mind... I may like to stick bits of the two together for my own use. When will you be providing a link?

Traygin
May 12th, 2007, 18:59
Well ... the character sheet (ruleset) for FG2 has been completed, based on the example d20 one supplied by Smite. As no rules are included, the character sheet should be okay to release. I've still to play using the sheets, so there may be some problems once they've been used in anger.

I'm starting work on modules for my own use. When these are completed, I may try approaching Hunter (Quiklink Interactive) to see if he'd be interested in them for general release.

Yea I hope Hunter will be interested. In fact if it works out maybe he can publish the modules for you. After all using a VT program like FG is an excellent way to play Traveller as it seems hard to find players in certain area's (at lest mine). I now there is the GRIP program but I like FG better.

Valarian
May 17th, 2007, 23:00
The set of quick modifications continues. I've now modified the d20 example to provide the additional fields for the NPCs. I will be doing a proper ruleset at some point, once I've got to grips with the LUA scripts and XML for FG2. For now, a quick modification will allow T20 play in the meantime.

Traygin
May 18th, 2007, 19:55
The set of quick modifications continues. I've now modified the d20 example to provide the additional fields for the NPCs. I will be doing a proper ruleset at some point, once I've got to grips with the LUA scripts and XML for FG2. For now, a quick modification will allow T20 play in the meantime.

Wow it is looking good :D

Valarian
July 10th, 2007, 15:26
I'm now using this in a game so the ruleset should get some testing. The looks have more to do with SmiteWorks rather than me - it's just a modified version of the d20 ruleset.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6707