PDA

View Full Version : Character sheet and combat tab help needed

Orpheo
May 14th, 2020, 16:41
Hi,

I'm setting up for running my first game on FG. I am setting up a fighter character sheet. The longsword attack (weapon 1) on the combat tab gives a correct roll of d20 +9, but the basic attack power rolls d20 + 8. Any ideas on what might be going wrong? Any help appreciated.

Llyle
May 15th, 2020, 13:16
Hi,

I'm setting up for running my first game on FG. I am setting up a fighter character sheet. The longsword attack (weapon 1) on the combat tab gives a correct roll of d20 +9, but the basic attack power rolls d20 + 8. Any ideas on what might be going wrong? Any help appreciated.

Could be a number of things. Starting with an attack modifier on the power, or a false stat usage in the roll, or a penalty on the basic attack on the combat tab, or connecting the wrong weapon to the basic attack power. I'd have to have a look at the sheet really to tell what's wrong. Can you export it and post the xml file here, or at least make screen shots of the combat tab (with dropped down details on the weapon) and of the powers tab (with drop down menu on the basic attack power)?

Orpheo
May 15th, 2020, 13:51
Thank you. XML File.

Orpheo
May 15th, 2020, 13:53
Longsword bonus is +9

+1 half level
+3 Ability
+3 Prof
+1 Wpn Talent
+1 Hvy Blade Expertise

Llyle
May 15th, 2020, 13:59
Okay here it is:

You put the "Melee weapon" into the keywords on the power. If you put that into the Range field as well, it calculates correctly, as THEN FG knows it's a melee power.

Orpheo
May 15th, 2020, 14:03
Perfect. Thank you so much.

Llyle
May 15th, 2020, 14:07
You'll run into problems if your fighter uses Close attacks though, as you put the "+1" in the melee field of the combat tab. Usually it's better to just add the "+1" to the weapon (so on the weapon on the combat tab it would be proficiency, feat bonus from expertise and weapon talent, making it +5 instead of +4 on the attack side), and leave the Melee and Ranged fields (on the combat tab) alone. That way all powers that use the weapon calculate correctly.

Orpheo
May 15th, 2020, 14:11
Like so?35459

Llyle
May 15th, 2020, 15:54
Yes, like that. I'd also put the same calculation on the Hand Crossbow, making it +4 instead of +3...

... and I'd put the speed at base 6 (human) and Armor -1 resulting in 5 without the need of CRTL adjustment... but that's just me.

Orpheo
May 15th, 2020, 16:23
Thanks. New issue, armour, there seems to be a +1 in the little oval in the corner skewing the calculation.

Llyle
May 16th, 2020, 05:05
A little +1 in an oval in a corner sounds like what I call the "CRTL adjustment". If you hover your mouse over the number, hold CRTL and use the mouse wheel up/down, it adjusts the number there, same with taking it off, just roll the mouse wheel while holding CRTL until you're at zero.

damned
May 16th, 2020, 07:28
hover mouse pointer over and ctrl+scroll wheel down

Orpheo
May 16th, 2020, 13:26
Won't change. Only the main box will move up and down not the +1 in the oval at the top right corner.

Llyle
May 16th, 2020, 14:15
The speed also has an entry on the main tab, maybe there the adjustment was made and needs to be corrected there. Apart of that the answer still is the same, that extra bubble is solved by hovering your mouse over it, holding CRTL and using the mouse wheel.

kevininrussia
May 16th, 2020, 14:29
In Unity the "hovering your mouse over it, holding CTRL mouse wheel" does not work. I had this issue weeks ago and its also reported here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57882-Temporary-Modifier-Indicators-Do-Not-Display