PDA

View Full Version : PFRPG/3.5e Feats not automating Skills, Initiative

jclifford
May 14th, 2020, 07:09
Summary: I haven't been able to get any Feats to automate into any of the stats they affect. Is this supposed to automate?

Ruleset(s): PFRPG/3.5e

New Campaign / FGC Migrated Campaign: New Campaign

Extensions/Themes: "Wood", "Dungeon"

Modules Loaded: core rules only (3.5e, PFRPG)

Operating System / Language Setting: Windows 10, English

Steps to Reproduce: Drag and drop a feat onto a character sheet. The Feat is entered on the sheet, but I cannot find any indication of automation. Things I tried:
- Feats that I tried: Acrobatic (and several other skill bonus feats), improved initiative, iron will (and other save bonus feats), and toughness. All failed.
- PFRPG & 3.5e PH feats. Both sets failed.
- I tried putting them in the wrong place to see if they would catch (feats, class abilities, racial traits). All failed.
- I tried in more than one campaign, Local & Cloud, 2 themes. All failed.

Race traits DO seem to automate (at least, the simple ones do), so I thought the feats would also. I could not find it in the wish lists or the known problems list, but I have a hard time navigating these forums, so I apologize if this isn't new.

PS: I'm new to Fantasy Grounds, and absolutely LOVE it so far - even if I do have to enter the Feat effects manually ;)

Kelrugem
May 14th, 2020, 13:17
Summary: I haven't been able to get any Feats to automate into any of the stats they affect. Is this supposed to automate?

Ruleset(s): PFRPG/3.5e

New Campaign / FGC Migrated Campaign: New Campaign

Extensions/Themes: "Wood", "Dungeon"

Modules Loaded: core rules only (3.5e, PFRPG)

Operating System / Language Setting: Windows 10, English

Steps to Reproduce: Drag and drop a feat onto a character sheet. The Feat is entered on the sheet, but I cannot find any indication of automation. Things I tried:
- Feats that I tried: Acrobatic (and several other skill bonus feats), improved initiative, iron will (and other save bonus feats), and toughness. All failed.
- PFRPG & 3.5e PH feats. Both sets failed.
- I tried putting them in the wrong place to see if they would catch (feats, class abilities, racial traits). All failed.
- I tried in more than one campaign, Local & Cloud, 2 themes. All failed.

Race traits DO seem to automate (at least, the simple ones do), so I thought the feats would also. I could not find it in the wish lists or the known problems list, but I have a hard time navigating these forums, so I apologize if this isn't new.

PS: I'm new to Fantasy Grounds, and absolutely LOVE it so far - even if I do have to enter the Feat effects manually ;)

Welcome :)

No, feats are not automated in PF1/3.5e, except Two-Weapon Fighting and then also only for double weapons :)

jclifford
May 14th, 2020, 14:28
Thanks, that helps :)

And thanks for the extension link... I feel like I just fell into a Dragon's hoard full of Shiny! ;)

Kelrugem
May 14th, 2020, 14:30
Thanks, that helps :)

And thanks for the extension link... I feel like I just fell into a Dragon's hoard full of Shiny! ;)

hehe, lol, you're welcome :D Sometimes I forget that I have put that link in my signature :D

EDIT: But beware that not all of them might work with FGU (FGC only so far :) )