PDA

View Full Version : LFG 3-4 players for smaller campaign Thursday or Friday evenings EST

Kayrusswitt
May 14th, 2020, 00:57
Maybe that should be LFP?
To be clear I am looking to DM

FG License: I have ultimate in Unity, so you can have any level - I have the PHB installed, and several other books in other formats, both physical and on DDB, so we can accommodate other builds as well
Time Zone: EST
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Probably Thursday or Friday nights 8 or 9 pm and going for two or three hours
Term: I'm thinking one campaign module to start and then a decision can be made to continue on or not. The modules I have in mind are Lost Mines of Phandelver, or, if those in the group have already run that, I can put somethjing else together fairly easily.
Will the game be recorded or streamed?: No, but my wife might watch sometimes :D

Game System Preferred: 5e
Game System Experience: Been playing for a few years now
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Very little, I'm still learning the ins and outs, but I have some experience on other VTTs, so that helps

Character Type Preferred: I run games that are primarily story based, re: "murderhobos" wouldn't have much fun, but that doesn't mean no combat. I'd love to do my own homebrew stuff, but just don't have the time. Ideally, I'd like people who are fairly new to the game and are willing to learn. The only rule I truly have for my tables is to be polite.

About me: I am 41 years old. I'm by no means a super experienced DM, but I have led a few campaigns. Teaching things is a big passion of mine, so I'd ideally like a group of lesser experienced people, even players new to the game are fine. I've been playing TTRPGs for a few years, but I've got a lifetime of fantasy love, especially the Forgotten Realms for a long time. I love a good story, and being able to share and build that story with people is awesome.

Demar6194
May 14th, 2020, 02:36
FG License: Demo
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Anytime while in covid lock down after undetermined
Will the game be recorded or streamed?: I Stream just about all my D&D games, So yes. I find it good for recaps as well as an archive as well for players who miss out.

Game System Experience: Little, Still pretty new to D&D in general
Fantasy Grounds Experience: None

Character Type Preferred: I prefer Rouges but want to try out a beast master

About me: I am 24 years old. I'm Fairly new to D&D as a whole. playing two campaigns at the moment. Starting to become a D&D Junkie tbh can't get enough.

RichTown
May 14th, 2020, 02:48
FG License: Ultimate
Time Zone: Central US
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Thursday or Friday night around the 8-9 EST is great
Will the game be recorded or streamed?:Nope

Game System Experience: Been playing DND since the early 90's played 5E in pre release and after release.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Intermediate ( I have ran a few games on it)

Character Type Preferred: Depends on the game and the other players

About me: I am 37 years old. Having been playing RPGS since the 90's. Started with Advanced DND 2nd played a lot of 3rd and 3.5 and pathfinder. No 4e played a decent amount of 5E. Have also played a bit of World of darkness classic and new, Call of Cthulhu, Scion, GURPS, RIFTS, etc..

jspeerless
May 14th, 2020, 02:57
FG License: Demo
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Love the idea of shorter, weekly sessions. Schedule is very flexible right now so really any times work for me
Term: Would love to have a long-term campaign with a good group
Will the game be recorded or streamed?: I don't typically record or stream

Game System Experience: Been playing D&D 5e for a couple years now, DM'd a session or two
Fantasy Grounds Experience: None. Played a couple sessions on another VTT, but still new to it.

Character Type Preferred: I typically run with support classes, but would love to branch out if the party needs it. Current character idea is for a paladin that could also work as a bard pretty easily.

About me: I'm 31 years old and have been playing D&D 5e in an in-person group for a couple years. Have missed the game so much since the lock down started, would love to get back on the horse! I tend to enjoy the RP and character-driven aspects of the game, though a little bit of combat is always fun. Mostly I just enjoy the flexibility and tactical planning on D&D, so I hope for a great group chemistry!

METALLIC BABY
May 14th, 2020, 03:38
Time Zone: Central
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Any day and anytime probably through at least July with Covid-19 and stuff, except for 4:30PM-9PM on Wednesdays and Sundays because I'm doing other campaigns during that time.
Will the game be recorded or streamed?: No

Game System Experience: Been involved in a couple 5e campaigns just amongst high school friends
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Average, I know the basics but I've never played with someone that knows the ins and outs super well so I don't really know where I stand in comparison to others

Character Type Preferred: I'll play almost anything.

About me: I am 23 and pretty bored during this Covid 19 lockdown stuff. I'm just looking for ways to pass the time.

Jlittle90
May 14th, 2020, 04:13
FG License: Standard
Time Zone: Eastern
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Either day at 8-9pm works for me
Will the game be recorded or streamed?: No

Game System Experience: Have been a DM for a few campaigns for 5e so pretty familiar with it
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Understand the basics haven't used FG much but have learned enough to get by

Character Type Preferred: I'll play whatever can benefit the party

About me: I'm 29 and was hosting an at home game that disbanded and a few shorter campaigns on roll20 and looking for a game to be a player in with a good story and mix between story, rp and combat. This sounds like exactly what i am looking for

JDScherrey
May 14th, 2020, 04:16
FG License: Fantasy Grounds Unity – Standard License

Time Zone: Central Time Zone

Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Evenings throughout the week. Various hours on the weekends.

Term: One shot, Module, or Long Term.

Voice: Will download whatever system we are using for voice chat.

Game System Preferred: D&D 5E

Game System Experience: D&D 5E (been awhile since I played)

Fantasy Grounds Experience: Brand new to Fantasy Grounds.

Character Type Preferred: I would like to play a Cleric or Paladin type of character, but I am willing to play anything.

About me: I am 49 years old and have the unique sense of humor that can only be built overtime as a retired infantryman. I would like to get back into some D&D 5E and playing over the internet easily fits into my schedule.

-Christopher

KylarGuile
May 14th, 2020, 20:08
FG License: Demo, but open to upgrading if needed
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri. Once a week or Bi-weekly
Term: Looking for a module or something that extends past that
Game System Experience: 3 years with heavy homebrew elements
Fantasy Grounds Experience: none
Character Type Preferred: I like playing support type casters generally but I'm interested in playing other characters if it would fit the group more
About me: I am 22 years old. I have been interested in D&D since high school but recently have gotten more and more into it. I was recently in a very high magic homebrew campaign that lasted about two years. I'm looking for something a bit more by the book so I can focus on the story and characters more than game mechanics.

z3phy3r
May 14th, 2020, 22:12
Time Zone: GMT
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Any date and time for now because of COVID-19 keeping me stuck at home.
Term: Happy to do as long as it needs

Game System Experience: Been playing for a few years now
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Quite experienced with it but not an expert

Character Type Preferred: I am happy to fill any role needed. I'm more roleplay and story driven than a min-max player. I would want to try playing an artificer/warlock or fighter/warlock or ranger/rogue with a few background I can think of.

About me: I am 34 years old. My first game of 5e is on Fantasy Grounds a few years ago. Since then I have also DM'ed a few games on FG and recently DM'ed for a few friends in RL introducing them to D&D. I love fantasy fiction and lore especially from the Forgotten Realms. I love building a good story and engaging with party members to progress each other's backstory as well as keeping the main plot going as well. I do not mind a high magic setting but prefer a more realistic setting (for example earning rare magical items via quests or encounters than easily buy them from a shop).

Kayrusswitt
May 15th, 2020, 00:00
I just sent out some PMS to people. Thanks for all the quick replies! I wish I had a group around here that was so eager!